New MITB Holder

E

edgehead44

as a result of the kennedy injury edge has now gotten the mitb breif case what really sucks is that kennedy was just breaking thru to the main event picture but it has been halted with edge having the mitb who do you think he will face could he jump ship to smackdown or god forbid ecw will he stay on raw. my personal opinion is that when kennedy returns he will feud w/ edge for some wicked matches promos and also the first great feud in a long while ur opinion?

Edge holding the MitB briefcase is from what I can gather damage control, due to Kennedy getting injured over the course of the weekend and their plans to do with Kennedy and the World Heavyweight Title picture with regards to the Undertaker. It also appears that this means that Edge may get a long title run on Smackdown as it would be a good way for Edge to beat Undertaker like he beat Cena at New Years Revolution 06. Or even him putting his name down and demanding to be in the Cage match, leading to Edge getting out first, without damaging Undertakers reputation.

The Kennedy injury is like slamming one door shut and opening a window, in that while Kennedy loses his momentum and the briefcase as a result of his injury, it allows for Edge to get his fair share of the limelight, and while going to SD has proved a little risky for some top stars, it should only mean good for Edge if he goes there. It lets him take control of a brand for once and makes him the deserving top star, as he is just not getting anywhere while Cena and Khali are running the show on Raw. A feud hit me in the last few minutes, and that was Edge vs Benoit for the WWE title. I could not think of anything better to save SmackDown and I am praying that they go in this direction. It gives 2 guys who deserve more credibility and a great main event spot to go at it in a feud that will show how poor Cena/Khali is. I don't know if they are going to go with Benoit at the top though, as I think Batista is established as the main eventer on SD, and I despise the thought of a Cena/Edge like feud with Batista and Edge, which culminates in Edge looking like a girl and getting Batista to look a hell of a lot better than the competition which is far from the case. It's about time something like this happened to Edge and while I think it would be much better if he held the title on Raw, he could save this brand from extincion and needs some fresh challenges to reignite his fading career so it would seem.

Edge seemed like the most obvious choice on Raw to replace Kennedy as I think the WWE could see he is the guy most beneficial to winning it, rather than a guy like Orton, who's in hot water as it is. I can see other wrestlers moving to SD to fill the void that these injuries have caused but the biggest change will be Edge, and I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes and whether or not he gets a credible run on SD because he's the one shining light I can envision on that brand, and the best replacement for Kennedy in the MITB spot.

This could be make or break for Kennedy. This might be good for him in one aspect but in another he could end up as another Randy Orton, this could lead to his long awaited face turn but done to early like they did to Orton it could kill his momentum.

I would love Edge to be champ on smackdown!

Batista- bored the hell out of me and his mic skills suck
Taker- well hes the best but he got hurt.
Rey Mysterio- To small but really good, he should go for the us title or the cruiserweight again

If nothing else, it at least shows the WWE's ability to think on their feet and make quick changes to storylines. (never to late to change Khali vs Cena guys!)

So you'd assume they told Edge, very quickly after finding out about Kennedy's injury, that he would be becoming MITB holder, and either would get to cash it in on Raw or Smackdown. I say either, because I wouldn't discount him staying on Raw, and then taking the title from Cena at Judgement Day after he's just managed to beat Khali. (ie, just the same way he got it from Cena before)

But Smackdown does seem the more likely destination for Edge now, very probably winning the title this week, attacking Undertaker. Also, with Kennedy and Taker set to be out for a similar length of time, it gives Smackdown two new feuds to set up, with a view to Wrestlemania 24. Edge vs Kennedy and/or Undertaker.

So although Smackdown will struggle without Kennedy and Taker, at least Edge gives us something more than Batista vs Mark Henry will.

For a hot-shotted angle, I think Edge winning MITB went over pretty well. I agree with edgehead that we should get treated to a great Kennedy/Edge fued at some point in the next year...possibly resulting in a main event at WM24. I realize that its most likely that Edge cashes in during/after the Batista/Undertaker cage match this week, but I would actually like it better if he waited until Judgement Day.. That way we can at least hope that he'll be the wrinkle thrown into the Cena/Khali match.. False hope is better than no hope at all, right?

Hopefully he cashes it in on smackdown right after the cage match, and gets the championship run he deserves.

Hell probably be a tweener for the a while, he get a huge pop the moment he comes in to catch it.

I do not want to see taker job to edge I didnt want him to lose the title at all obviously I mean i'd rather he vacated it personally.
But sadly thats whats probably gonna happen.

They cant have somebody like Taker vacate the title. He's supposed to be a dead man. I think it would interfere with his gimmick too much. There's no problem with him dropping the title by pinfall. He's already been pinned on PPV so far this year anyway.

Undertaker been pinned by Edge in a similar way to cena was at NYR 06 just does not seem right to me. In terms of belivability.

Taker is supposed to be kinda super stronger and I think it not lok quite right, Unless taker is left in a really bad battered state from in the cage match the edge cashes in it might look belivable.

If you get me Cena was more Human and was belivable he would fall to a spear. LOL As for now cena is super man these days grr but thats off topic.

Add the fact im a big taker fan and I just don't want to see my fave wrestler be pinned and lose his title 1 month after winning it lol so I would rather see him leave as unbeaten for it kinda.

I know what you mean. But with his character thay couldn't come out and say that he's injured like thay could other wrestlers. And it's strange if he just ups and dissapears when he's the World Champion.

Yer I know what you mean since his character is silent mostly.

You couldnt really picture him handing the title over either way really its a delicate situation. He could come to the ring leave the title and leave but that wouldnt make much sense without explanation or something it doesn't work either way been honest.

I know they won't turn batista heel but if taker really has to be pinned by Edge what i'd rather see is taker retains the title edge comes out cashes in Taker is weakened and then out of anger for losing Batista actually just nails Taker with a batista bomb and Edge takes advantage of it.
I just don't see taker going down to a spear.
I think if something like that happened it would not hurt Taker at all to lose in such a fashion.
But I know SD is low on faces so I cannot see them having Batista do that.

Supposedly Take Batista and Kennedy are all injured...the worst is Kennedy with the same injury that batsita had a while back.

Now check it I can see Edge jumping ship to SD but not really jumping ship...with the plauge of different superstars appearing on both show and ECW i see the brands being done away with and just being different shows.

I really hope Edge jumps to Smackdown tonight making the cage match a three-way or getting Batista or Undertaker after one of the two win the match. Or else it would really suck to see a Batista - Henry feud... :s I hope Edge gets the win and soon we see a Edge / Benoit feud that was teased a few years ago when Edge turned heel.

I love that Edge won the MITB and he would make a great champ for Smackdown. John Cena is always going to keep the belt for 80% of the year, so it's about time Edge gets his chance. An Edge/Mysterio fued would be great when he comes back. Batista can't wrestle and I grew tired of him a LONG time ago.

I know what you mean. But with his character thay couldn't come out and say that he's injured like thay could other wrestlers. And it's strange if he just ups and dissapears when he's the World Champion.

He did just vanish on time, he walked out into the night in 1999. But that's another story.

I doubt Vince will stay in character, remember what Khali did to him? But the chance Edge winning are good, Edge doesn't want a HHH fued and with him coming back this summer, a move to SD! would make sense. They could team Edge up with Kane and have Kane bury Taker alive, its been used but has always worked before.

I don't see what the problem with Edge just beating Taker after a match with Batista is. Edge is a main-event level guy, so him beating anyone isn't a HUGE upset..especially if it happens just after a brutal cage match. And Undertaker is like Ric Flair in that no matter if he puts someone over, his rep remains intact. Think of when Khali destroyed him in their first PPV match... Khali pinned him by with one foot on his chest and Taker never even sat up afterwards...but I don't think anyone thought Taker was weak after that. Have 'Taker put Edge over..it'll be huge for Edge and not that damaging to Taker...especially since no one will think about it when he returns in 7 months or whatever.

The thing I REALLY don't want to see is Mark Henry make his return by "putting the Undertaker out"...I already hate his promos about how he destroyed Batista, Benoit, etc etc. I'd hate to have Undertaker added to that list..

Does anyone realize that if Edge actually did cash in after the cage match and win the match, he would be the first man to hold both the actual RAW and Smackdown brand titles? Sure, The Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho The Rock and HHH have all held both the WWE title and World Heavyweight championship, but Edge would be the first man since the actual brand split to be champion of both shows. It would be a rare and impressive accomplishment.

Even though I am a HUGE Undertaker fan, if he has to be out for an extended amount of time, Edge would be the best guy to take it. Then it would be even better to have an Undertaker vs. Edge Wrestlemania match - Undefeated streak vs. Unbeaten streak (Edge lost the Money in the Bank match but not directly; he was carted out for "injury") for the World Heavyweight title, then have Kennedy come back and challenge whomever is WWE champ since he never got to cash in. Would the WWE have him win the Royal Rumble to make up for it? It's possible, or maybe even a Three-Way Dance with Kennedy as a tweener...

What if they have batista win the cage match then have edge come in and beat him, which would lead to a batista edge fued which will definetly happen.

Thank god Edge won the MITB! I hope to god he goes to Smackdown because it would be totally great if they kept the strap off of Batista. I just can't stand the fact that Cena and Batista are THE two top guys in WWE it just doesn't make any sense. I mean I like Cena character wise and he is funny sometimes. Cena CAN cut good promos but it only slightly covers up the fact that his in ring work while not terrible...is a little repetitive. And Batista just sorta acts like he is out of it every week when he is interviewed in the sense that he just stares with that doofy looking smile on his face and says "I'm gonna win....." "Yeah it was a tough match........" "Wow Kristal you have a pretty face...." "Thank you......." I mean what kinda interview is that?! Its pretty bad when Kristal cuts a promo FOR him...all he has to do is say yes and thank you and I will win back my belt.

Edge can easily run circles around ANYONE on Smackdown with his promos and it will be nice to finally have a good heel champ considering the last good heel champ was JBL and thats really stretching it if you ask me! I love King Bookaaa dont get me wrong but even I got a little bored because I absolutely knew that eventually Batista was gonna come back and win that damn belt. So basically Edge is the best thing for Smackdown because it will bring in fresh viewers, great new feuds, and finally some good mainevent wrestling.

But god damn I will miss Mr. Kennedy I really hate to see him go down for injury this soon after winning the MITB even though I'd hate to wait a whole year till WM24 to see him cash it in!

I think what people have not realized here is that the WWE these days are not for having long term heel title reigns. Just look at how long Edge held the title for last year. I think its a possibility that Edge "could" go to Smackdown but I am not so sure he is going to win the title. It would require too much in the ring from the Undertaker. Think about it, in order for Edge to beat the Undertaker without taker looking weak would be for Batista and Undertaker to have an epic match in which Taker just wins, and for me that just seems too dangerous. The only other way for this to happen would be for Batista to win the title quickly and Edge to come out and beat him immediately afterwards but to me this would make Batista who is now the Main Face of the Brand (like it or not) look incredibly weak unless he has an epic match with Taker which as I said is probably out of the question.

I hate to burst the bubble here, but I see Batista going over and winning the title.

And also has anyone considered that Edge is merely keeping the MITB warm for Kennedy? If they are/were planning to have him cash it in at Wrestlemania and he is to be out for seven months that puts him back in the ring in December/January time at which time he could beat Edge for the MITB and go on to Mania possibly as a face. That to me makes the most sense, keeps the MITB on the show, but also gives Kennedy an instant push when he returns.

im guessing edge will wait a bit longer to cash in the mitb briefcase, maybe summerslam ? then again, edge jumping to sd! and attacking taker after the match does seem like an obvious direction. if edge were to jump over to sd! he would be king there ! even though i will miss edge on raw, it doesn't look as if hes going anywhere with this whole khali & cena crap .

If Edge cashes in his MITB tonight then he should win. If Batista wins the title and beats Edge afterwards I would be really upset. I like John Cena. I don't understand why so many people hate him but Batista doesn't get the same treatment. Cena may not be the best wrestler, but he has improved and continues to do so. You can't say the same for Batista. He's a bad wrestler and will not improve. I hope Edge wins the title but I know he would have to fued with Batista. I think Edge being on Smackdown would help the ratings also.

im guessing edge will wait a bit longer to cash in the mitb briefcase, maybe summerslam ? then again, edge jumping to sd! and attacking taker after the match does seem like an obvious direction. if edge were to jump over to sd! he would be king there ! even though i will miss edge on raw, it doesn't look as if hes going anywhere with this whole khali & cena crap .

Nobody's going anywhere on Raw with Cena there. He's going to keep the belt 8-9 months out of the year and everyone else has to split it over the other 3-4. I like Cena but they need to do a better job of sharing the belt. If Edge cashes in tonight and wins I would be happy, but if he waits, that would work too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back