NCAA Week 13 LD

I would put money on the fact that they would. Wisconsin has looked dominant the last half of the season. TCU barely beat San Diego State.

Playing who? Ohio State, who is also garbage?

and after blowing the doors off the number 5 team in the nation, there is bound to be a let down. Tis why its called a trap game.

Michigan State, Ohio State, and Wisconsin have a share of the Big 10 title but Wisconsin will most likely go to the Rose Bowl because of highest ranking. I kind of liked an idea thrown out there about determining the winner of a conference in situations like this by point differential with common opponents.

and after blowing the doors off the number 5 team in the nation, there is bound to be a let down. Tis why its called a trap game.

I hate Ohio State but how exactly are they garbage? Did they not finish 11-1 this season? Did they not beat Oregon in the Rose Bowl last year? Almost the same Oregon team that is now one win away from the National Title game. Wisconsin will learn from other teams past mistakes eg. Oklahoma in 2007. They aren't the type of team to take an opponent lightly.

I hate Ohio State but how exactly are they garbage? Did they not finish 11-1 this season? Did they not beat Oregon in the Rose Bowl last year? Almost the same Oregon team that is now one win away from the National Title game. Wisconsin will learn from other teams past mistakes eg. Oklahoma in 2007. They aren't the type of team to take an opponent lightly.
:suspic:

Besides, the football Gods owe Wisconsin a fucking, for running up the score over and over

It's not running up the score if the other team can't stop you. Wisconsin played all back ups in the 4th quarter against Indiana and still scored 24 points in that final quarter. Are they just supposed to take a knee? Wisconsin put up 70 against Northwestern but it all came in the first 3 quarters and the last 7 were a pick 6. If Wisconsin is running up the score then TCU is doing the EXACT same thing.

Besides, the football Gods owe Wisconsin a fucking, for running up the score over and over

This may be one of the stupidest fucking things footballs fans bitch about, if a team doesn't want the score run up on them, then fucking do something about it, like play motherfucking defense!!!!!!!!, wtf do you want them to do start taking a knee in the fucking 3rd qtr.?!?!?!?, you don't want a team running nup the score on you, then STOP THEM FROM GETTING INTO THE FUCKING ENDZONE!!!!!!!!, and don't try and give me any of the stupid sportsmanship horseshit, the job of the offense is to put pts. on the fucking board, and Wisconsin has been doing a very good job of that this season, why should they be punished for it?!?!

Sportsmanship very much DOES have a place in the college game. Not in the pros, in the college game. When there is a clear and present discrepency in the level or athletes on one side, crying "WELL JUST STOP THEM" starts to sound pretty idiotic. Seriously, if you cant grasp the concept, then im not gonna waste time arguing about it.

He said Mighigan StaTE were big ten champs. I said Big Ten champs are going to the Rose Bowl. Doesnt matter who or which, whatever team wins the shitty ass boring Big Ten gets to go to The Rose Bowl to get their asses blown off by TCU

Which they are. They're shared Big Ten Champs which = Big Ten Champs. I never said anything about going BCS bowling.

To be fair, Utah feasted off a weak schedule and there was no chance that game was staying close. ND hung a whopping on them, and they're nothing more then average. Utah is one of those examples of non-AQ teams feeding off of 'Little sisters of the poor'.

Michigan State, Ohio State, and Wisconsin have a share of the Big 10 title but Wisconsin will most likely go to the Rose Bowl because of highest ranking. I kind of liked an idea thrown out there about determining the winner of a conference in situations like this by point differential with common opponents.

Between all 3? Considering Iowa blew the doors off State, I'm thinking it probably wouldn't change anything. Just a hunch, though.

And thank god LSU lost. Didn't want to see them somehow find a possible chance to get in a title game.

Sportsmanship very much DOES have a place in the college game. Not in the pros, in the college game. When there is a clear and present discrepency in the level or athletes on one side, crying "WELL JUST STOP THEM" starts to sound pretty idiotic. Seriously, if you cant grasp the concept, then im not gonna waste time arguing about it.
NorCal (as usual) got it right here.

Sportsmanship IS part of the college game. and the ONE problem with the BCS is that it leads to teams thinking they need to run up the score to increase their chance to get in the National Championship Game.

Meanwhile Notre Dame is trailing USC 3-0 in the battle of First Year on the job Head Coaches playing with Backup QBs (and in NDs case backup skill players too). Not a good game so far by either team really. Punts back and forth, with the only field goal coming after an ND Pick.

With this whole "sportsmanship" thing, what exactly is a team supposed to do if the opposition just can't stop them? Wisconsin had their 2nd and 3rd string players in the 4th quarter against Indiana and still put up 24 points in that quarter which happened to be their second highest scoring quarter of the game. You can't just go out there and take a knee, that is going to embarrass the team more then if you are just kicking their ass.

If a team is dominating and still has their starters playing late in the game, running the regular offense then sure, that may be bad sportsmanship. However, if the team has their second and third string guys in the game, are running the ball almost every play and still scoring, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

With this whole "sportsmanship" thing, what exactly is a team supposed to do if the opposition just can't stop them? Wisconsin had their 2nd and 3rd string players in the 4th quarter against Indiana and still put up 24 points in that quarter which happened to be their second highest scoring quarter of the game. You can't just go out there and take a knee, that is going to embarrass the team more then if you are just kicking their ass.

If a team is dominating and still has their starters playing late in the game, running the regular offense then sure, that may be bad sportsmanship. However, if the team has their second and third string guys in the game, are running the ball almost every play and still scoring, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

^^^^^THIS!!!

South Carolina came to play today. Auburn better watch out next week, b/c So. Carolina came close to beating them earlier in the year.

Someone should teach USC how to tackle. Pushing and shoving guys in the shoulders won't bring a guy down.

USC gets a few valuable turnovers which causes this game to be tied at 13.

Still would prefer OU/OSU, but at least there's a few big plays in the 2nd half.

As far as the sportsmanship thing goes, it most definitely has a place in college football. To say college football teams shouldn't be concerned with sportsmanship is just silly. Sports, on their most fundamental level, is not about competition, it's about teaching kids values you cannot get anywhere else.

With that said, if a team has their backup players in, you cannot tell backups to not play hard. You can do things like run instead of pass, punt on 4th and inches instead of going for it etc., but you can't tell backups not to play hard. College football is a business, and the coach's job depends on their results. It's in a coach's best interest to get young guys experience, and if that experience consists of blowing out the other team's first team, then so be it.

This ND/USC game is booorrrrinngg. Why did they have to show this instead of the Bedlam Bowl?

I'll trade you. I have Bedlam, but would rather see USC vs. ND.

You said Wisconsin ran up the score the last few weeks but against Indiana they played all of their back ups in the 4th quarter and only ran 3 pass plays in that quarter (all thrown by the back up qb) and they still put up 24 points. That's not running up the score, that's Indiana being an incompetent football team.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that today against Northwestern, Wisconsin put up 70 points but they ran only ONE pass play in the entire second half and played all back ups in the 4th quarter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back