NCAA Week 13 LD

You said Wisconsin ran up the score the last few weeks but against Indiana they played all of their back ups in the 4th quarter and only ran 3 pass plays in that quarter (all thrown by the back up qb) and they still put up 24 points. That's not running up the score, that's Indiana being an incompetent football team.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that today against Northwestern, Wisconsin put up 70 points but they ran only ONE pass play in the entire second half and played all back ups in the 4th quarter.

WHy run pass plays that far ahead? Why are the backups not in til the 4th?

Chances Notre Dame blows game #4 this year: Pretty good.

Although they got a gift from that drop by the USC WR earlier.

EDIT: Nevermind that. Bad throw into double coverage. Now switch to Bedlam dammit.

for those who are not paying attention, apparently Miami fired Randy Shannon. Not surprised.

PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

ND'S GONNA DO IT! HOLY SHIT, WE'RE GONNA BEAT USC!

WHy run pass plays that far ahead? Why are the backups not in til the 4th?

Wisconsin's back up quarterback is a freshmen whose only in game experience came in one quarter against Austin Peay in week 4. The starter for Wisconsin is a senior meaning he is gone next year. Don't you think it'd be nice to have your potential starting quarterback for next year have some actual in game experience against a Big Ten opponent? It's not like they had the guy dropping back to pass every play, he only threw three passes.

When exactly do you want the starters to be taken out? Half time? Maybe the coach wanted to try out some new plays or formations with the offensive starters. Maybe he wanted to see them come out in the second half and show they were still going play hard even with a big lead. As long as the starters are gone for the 4th quarter in a huge blowout then I have no problem with it.

7-5, and we beat USC. Brian Kelly is a God.

and we won 3 games in a row with a backup True Freshman QB. Holy Shit.

And the D was really good too.

IT IS ALL OVER! NOTRE DAME HAS PULLED OUT THE WIN!

7-5, and we beat USC. Brian Kelly is a God.

What makes it even more amazing is how they're doing it without their starting skill position players...at just about every skill position. Floyd is the only Season Opener offensive starter at a skill position.

Quite a overreaction there ST. Yes, it's a good win, and I know you are excited, but I lol at 'Brian Kelly is a god'. Especially coming from a ND fan.

Quite a overreaction there ST. Yes, it's a good win, and I know you are excited, but I lol at 'Brian Kelly is a god'. Especially coming from a ND fan.

When you lost 8 or 9 years in a row to your most hated rival, it does tend to smooth things over when you beat them.

Yes, I understand that. But calling Kelly a god is quite funny, especially coming from a ND fan.

And fuck you ABC for not bringing me bonus coverage of a tight game that could have big BCS implication. Dicks.

1. Sarcasm/overstating joy at a time of elation. Ever hear of it?
2. We beat SC. Haven't done it for 8 years. They've literally killed our National Championship hopes back in 05 with the Bush Push.
3. Brian Kelley is the best coach we've had since Holtz. He's an established excellent COLLEGE coach, and things are looking amazing. I'd say I have every damn right to be elated.
When you lost 8 or 9 years in a row to your most hated rival, it does tend to smooth things over when you beat them.
Sly got it right man. How would you feel if you lost to Michigan for 10 years in a row, Michigan was a dynasty, cost you a National Championship shot, and then after years of shitty teams you finally beat them after a game winning TD with 2:30 to go? You'd be just as happy Mega.

Damn, Bedlam is living up to its name. After Oklahoma "puts the game away" according to announcer, OK St. returns the kickoff for a TD. They're right back into this game.

I just found it funny you called Brian Kelly a god, with the irony of you being a ND fan. I admit I'd do the same would that scenario happen, save calling Dantonio a god.

But congrats. Wasn't a well played game by either team, but ND pulled it out at the end.

AND HOLY SHIT A KICK RETURN TD FOR OKIE ST!

Sly got it right man. How would you feel if you lost to Michigan for 10 years in a row, Michigan was a dynasty, cost you a National Championship shot, and then after years of shitty teams you finally beat them after a game winning TD with 2:30 to go? You'd be just as happy Mega.
You mean we got CHEATED out of that win. Not only did Bush commit an illegal play, apparently he wasn't even supposed to be playing.

Fuckers.

What makes it even more amazing is how they're doing it without their starting skill position players...at just about every skill position. Floyd is the only Season Opener offensive starter at a skill position.
Definitely. Although I think this Rees kid is the real deal. He didn't have a good game today, but the conditions were shit. He really stepped up, and I think with an offseason to work with the 1's, I think he could be the answer. and if they can get Floyd to come back for 1 last year MAYBE, just MAYBE they can get even better then 7-5 (9-3? 10-2?). This team looks excellent, and for the first time in a while a new coach comes in and doesn't use guys from the prior regime. Rees is a freshman, and the backups that played at the end were all unheralded guys under Weis, or new guys.

Definitely. Although I think this Rees kid is the real deal. He didn't have a good game today, but the conditions were shit. He really stepped up, and I think with an offseason to work with the 1's, I think he could be the answer. and if they can get Floyd to come back for 1 last year MAYBE, just MAYBE they can get even better then 7-5 (9-3? 10-2?). This team looks excellent, and for the first time in a while a new coach comes in and doesn't use guys from the prior regime. Rees is a freshman, and the backups that played at the end were all unheralded guys under Weis, or new guys.

Dane Cryst will still be the starter.

You mean we got CHEATED out of that win. Not only did Bush commit an illegal play, apparently he wasn't even supposed to be playing.

Fuckers.
tell me about it. When Bush cheated I threw my chair against the wall of my dorm room. Thankfully my roommate wasn't in the room, and the walls are damn thick. Only time I've done that ever.

I still remember ESPN NFL Countdown covering that game the next morning, because it was such a good game.

Dane Cryst will still be the starter.
I'm not so sure. He wasn't that great, isn't really a great fit for Kelly's Offense, and is coming off a second leg injury. I don't know if he'll be the same. Not to mention he wasn't recruited by Kelly, and Rees might have earned the job, especially if we win the Bowl Game. I'm hoping we get into the New Era Pinstripe bowl (at Yankee Stadium), if for no other reason then for me to try and get tickets to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back