• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NCAA College Football 2014 - LD

LSU was ranked, too. Never seen a team go through extremes like Notre Dame. Either they get pasted by Arizona State or show up and beat an SEC team in SEC country by playing SEC kind of football.

LSU was ranked, too. Never seen a team go through extremes like Notre Dame. Either they get pasted by Arizona State or show up and beat an SEC team in SEC country by playing SEC kind of football.
Well, it's not as bad as it seems. By the end of the year, they had almost no one left on defense. They had 14 players out on defense at some point this year and 11 of them were done for the season. This year they lost CB Keivarae Russell and DL Ishaq Williams to suspensions (both were to be starters). Safety Austin Collinsworth was injured twice this season (eventually ending his season) and his replacement Drue Tranquil also was lost for the season. DT Jarron Jones got hurt against Louisville and was done for the season. Sheldon Day missed a game or two, as did Daniel Cage. Joe Schmidt, the captain of the defense at MLB, had his season ended against Navy. Projected starter Jarrett Grace had to call it a career before the season even started. Tony Springmann and Nicky Baratti didn't even really get to play. Cody Riggs played much of the second half of the season with injury. Max Redfield suffered a broken rib against USC and missed most of the game.

In other words, it's hard to really judge Notre Dame. The Notre Dame team which took FSU to the absolute limit was not (literally not) the same team who got waxed by USC. And the team which beat LSU today simply played a much different style than they've played most of the year, which was something they could do with a few weeks of practice.

Wonder if they'll be a QB competition next year or will Golson take off to another school?
I'm not sure Golson could take off. It would depend on if he can graduate this spring or not. If he doesn't graduate, he can't go, I don't believe. I know he missed one semester after his cheating issue, but he also was redshirted. So I'm not sure where he is.

OH I KNOW how we will explain away a VAUNTED SEC West defense getting utterly STEAMROLLED by a high school offense run by the number 2 team in the ACC....

Why, it must be TIRED from playing so many other GREAT SEC teams all year!! Yea!! Thats it!!

OH I KNOW how we will explain away a VAUNTED SEC West defense getting utterly STEAMROLLED by a high school offense run by the number 2 team in the ACC....

Why, it must be TIRED from playing so many other GREAT SEC teams all year!! Yea!! Thats it!!

:lmao:

I'll be shocked if we don't hear that excuse or "well, they just didn't have any motivation to play this game".

Speaking of which, TCU would like to say hiiiiii

DERPA DERP DA SEC IS DUH BBESS WOOO I YELL ROLL TIDE WHILE I FUCK MY SISTER DURR

I, for one, am glad the jig is finally up on the SEC. Parody doesn't mean they're better than everyone else. Sometimes it means they're equally not as good. Mississippi State beat LSU, who beat Ole Miss, who beat Alabama, who beat everyone else... so yea.

TCU seemed like the real deal. I really hope either Oregon or Florida State just run roughshod over everyone.

Today was bad for the SEC but 4-3 overall isn't bad and they have a minimum of five bowl games left.
The problem with SEC bias isn't that the SEC isn't good, it's the idea they are just so much better than everyone else. It's clear they are not, but that thought continues to get rammed down our throats by the media.

The problem with SEC bias isn't that the SEC isn't good, it's the idea they are just so much better than everyone else. It's clear they are not, but that thought continues to get rammed down our throats by the media.

I can go with that. I think they're still the best overall, but you're right in that it's not by leaps and bounds like it's made out to be.

Can someone explain to me why FSU has two players wearing #5 (one of them being Winston obviously)?

Or have duplicate numbers always been a thing?

Can someone explain to me why FSU has two players wearing #5 (one of them being Winston obviously)?

Or have duplicate numbers always been a thing?
In college, a team is allowed to have duplicate numbers, with one on offense and one on defense. For example, at Notre Dame, Cody Riggs (CB) and Chris Brown (WR) both wear #2. Everett Golson (QB) and Nyles Morgan (LB) both wear #5.

LOL Alabama
LOL "SEC is the best!"
LOL committee trying to handfeed Alabama a win against a "weak" OSU
LOL who will the pundits give bias to now?

LOL Alabama
LOL "SEC is the best!"
LOL committee trying to handfeed Alabama a win against a "weak" OSU
LOL who will the pundits give bias to now?

Obviously everyone outside of the Midwest is now going to jump on the Oregon train and act like they're gonna steamroll OSU, when in fact the exact opposite is going to happen.

This is a country full of Ohio State football haters- they are the most overly hated, nonsensically underestimated, and unjustly criticized entity in all of American sports by a considerable margin. Here in Ohio we expected the Buckeyes to go out and win tonight, and weren't the slightest bit surprised to watch it happen.

As for the Rose Bowl, it was the JV game and the winner never stood a chance against the Sugar Bowl champion.

Damn the party in Ohio is over the top tonight. They showed just why they belong and against Oregon they will own the National Title.

Ohio State is also the most overrated, over-hyped football team in history. And Oregon will smoke them in a dome setting. NO one is beating Oregon in a track meet, especially with Mariotta at QB.

Go Ducks!

Obviously everyone outside of the Midwest is now going to jump on the Oregon train and act like they're gonna steamroll OSU, when in fact the exact opposite is going to happen.

This is a country full of Ohio State football haters- they are the most overly hated, nonsensically underestimated, and unjustly criticized entity in all of American sports by a considerable margin. Here in Ohio we expected the Buckeyes to go out and win tonight, and weren't the slightest bit surprised to watch it happen.

As for the Rose Bowl, it was the JV game and the winner never stood a chance against the Sugar Bowl champion.

All sorts of sigs in this that ill keep until late August

No one hates Ohio State, outside of the state of Michigan. You lost to Virginia Tech. You played in arguably the weakest power conference in the country. You are on your third string quarterback.

If you cannot see why people did not expect you to win against Alabama, then you're just being silly.

I'll be very interested to see how close your prediction comes to the truth.
I think I have jerked off, like, 79 times in the last 10 hours.

God, this is just so goddamn good.

*raises a toast to Sly*
Cheers. It's a good day for the truth. I'll wonder how ESPN will try to spin the absolute shellacking the SEC has taken this year. The SEC East was dominated by the ACC. The SEC West has gotten their ass kicked in the bowl games.

It's not a good day to be selling SEC stock.

You lost to Virginia Tech.
Granted.
I didn't argue that OSU's loss was the most damaging of all the one loss bunch. But considering that it happened so early after a freshman back-up who wasn't highly recruited and was never expected to start a game at the school was thrust into action, the circumstances would have made the loss far more excusable for any other program and they wouldn't have tumbled nearly as far in the polls. But Ohio State gets zero benefit of anyone's doubt.

You played in arguably the weakest power conference in the country. You are on your third string quarterback.If you cannot see why people did not expect you to win against Alabama, then you're just being silly.
If you think the "B1G" was weaker than the Big 12 and ACC, you're being silly.
Big 12 overall winning percentage: 54%
ACC: 57%
B1G: 58%

Big 12 non-conference winning percentage: 66%
ACC: 70%
B1G: 72%

And those numbers were accomplished despite the B1G having the highest strength of schedule rating of the three conferences.

Ohio State is also the most overrated, over-hyped football team in history.
This is precisely the logic I'm talking about.

Ohio State lost their Heisman trophy candidate QB, replaced him with a Freshman who was previously in limbo waiting to be recruited over, went 11-1 and won their division of the B1G.

And people said they were:
the most overrated, over-hyped football team in history
Then they lost that QB, had to resort to the third string guy, and still beat a Wisconsin team who was top 10 in the country(and just beat Auburn in their bowl matchup) by a score of 59-0 while holding the best running back in the country to under 80 yards.

And everyone from fans coast-to-coast, to the pundits, to the TV talking heads all said that they still shouldn't be in the playoff bracket because they were:

And then they go out and beat the top program in the sport and top ranked team in the nation on a field smack in the middle of SEC country with that same third string QB and people write that off because they are:

This line off thinking is so ironic because so many people actually believe it, that it has in turn yielded a climate where truthfully they actually are:

The most underrated, underhyped football team in history.

Granted.
I didn't argue that OSU's loss was the most damaging of all the one loss bunch. But considering that it happened so early after a freshman back-up who wasn't highly recruited and was never expected to start a game at the school was thrust into action, the circumstances would have made the loss far more excusable for any other program and they wouldn't have tumbled nearly as far in the polls. But Ohio State gets zero benefit of anyone's doubt.

If you think the "B1G" was weaker than the Big 12 and ACC, you're being silly.
Big 12 overall winning percentage: 54%
ACC: 57%
B1G: 58%

Big 12 non-conference winning percentage: 66%
ACC: 70%
B1G: 72%

And those numbers were accomplished despite the B1G having the highest strength of schedule rating of the three conferences.
You don't seem to be understanding. This is not one of those times where you can break down a statement into little lines. All three lines together explain WHY people thought Alabama would take down Ohio State. And if you don't understand why Ohio State was the underdog, you're just being silly.

You don't seem to be understanding. This is not one of those times where you can break down a statement into little lines. All three lines together explain WHY people thought Alabama would take down Ohio State. And if you don't understand why Ohio State was the underdog, you're just being silly.

I hear you, and I actually don't ultimately question OSU carrying underdog status into that Sugar Bowl game.

What I question is the level that it was taken to. The fervor and venom with which people counted out OSU and the perception that not only did they not deserve to be there(which they now so obviously did) but also that once having been selected to participate, their status in the bracket was as nothing more than that of lambs being led to slaughter(another prevailing narrative that now seems profoundly ignorant in retrospect, wouldn't you say?).

And the fact that they are still being perceived that way heading into the Oregon contest drives home my points and compounds the laughability of it all.

Every time the American sports media starts hyping Ohio State, they end up being shown the door by a rather large margin or lose a game they shouldn't lose.

Hence why it was logical to think Bama would beat Ohio State.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back