NBA Thread - 2009-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kleiza could definetly average over 20 points a game if he got consistent minutes, he's that good of a scorer. The question mark for him is on the defensive end. But, the only needs to be average there considering how good of a shooter he is.

His knees are too risky.
Meh, he didnt have a problem in his two years at Pitt i can't recall him missing any time because of those knees and he has first round talent, so I can't see why you think his knees are too "risky".

I'm not big on Blair.
Why? He dominated the toughest conference in basketball. he dominated a top 5 pick in Thabeet, he dominated every big man thrown his way this year, and last year. If i can recall he played well against Hibbert last year when he was only a freshman and Hibbert was well on his way to becoming a first round pick.

I don't know about him fitting with D'antoni in NY because of the uptempo style he likes to run. Blair is a monster of a man and will rebound every where he goes.

Blair was a steal for the Spurs, the same team that tried countless times to move up in the draft and draft him but no team was willing to move.

The Knicks are in a different conference. I don't see what you're getting at. And since when does the shooting guard defend the opposing team's power forward?

I meant that Blair was a bad choice for the Spurs, because there are 30 division games a year where the guy can't play many minutes because the PF's and centers in that division will kill him.

The Knicks should have taken Blair.

I meant that Blair was a bad choice for the Spurs, because there are 30 division games a year where the guy can't play many minutes because the PF's and centers in that division will kill him.

meh, I strongly disagree with that. Blair is a big man who knows how to use his body. They didn't draft Blair to drop 20 points, the drafted Blair to help rebound and improve there 18th rebounding ranking from last year. So I believe Blair went to a good team, and he has two very good players to learn from, and he has a hell of a coach to learn from.

If anything going to a team like NY would hurt him because he would be forced to contribute right away, and in San Antonio he will have like 15 minutes a game and play behind two really good players at the forward/center position.

He's not going to be playing center so that doesn't really matter and he actually matches up very well with the power forwards in the division. The Hornets have David West who isn't very big and not that physical. The Rockets have guys like Chuck Hayes, Luis Scola, and Carl Landry who again aren't very big. The Grizzlies have very undersized guys like Darell Arthur and, if they resign him, Hakim Warrick. The only bad match up he would have is with the Mavs and Dirk, and no one matches up well with Dirk.

The Knicks had already taken a power forward in Jordan Hill with their first pick and they really needed a guard. Besides Blair wouldn't have really fit in with D'Antoni's up tempo system.

Well the Magic matched the Mavs offer sheet for Gortart. Meaning he returns to Orlando for 5 years. Meaning the Magic have a pretty decent front court rotation of Howard/Gortart and the newly acquired Bass. Seems Gortart is not overly happy yo be back at Orlando, as he was looking forward to an increase in playing time at Dallas.

Iverson now in serious talks with the Clippers.

Read that the Jazz would have to take out a loan to pay $10 million on Millsaps contract. So not sure they will may=tch. Also not sure why the Blazers signed him. They have holes at PG and SF, yet instead sign a PF. Where theirt secong best player already plays. Do they really wanna pay that much for a bench player? Or will Aldridge be shopped? Dont get me wrong I htink Millsap is a very good player.. Just not what Portland need.

Read that the Jazz would have to take out a loan to pay $10 million on Millsaps contract. So not sure they will may=tch. Also not sure why the Blazers signed him. They have holes at PG and SF, yet instead sign a PF. Where theirt secong best player already plays. Do they really wanna pay that much for a bench player? Or will Aldridge be shopped? Dont get me wrong I htink Millsap is a very good player.. Just not what Portland need.

First, you say that Portland has holes at SF? We're covered there, I think. We have Travis Outlaw, who made six game-winning shots last season, Rudy Fernandez, who broke the rookie record for 3-point shots, Nic Batum, who is the best defender on our team, and Martell Webster. We've got four small forwards who can each play. We do have a hole at point, because Steve Blake cannot lead this team effectively. Look for Jerryd Bayless to get more playing time. In the first summer league game, He scored 21 points and had seven assists. We currently don't have a back-up PF, and no, we won't shop Aldridge. He's far too important to our team. Millsap would add great depth to our team. I think he's a good signing.

The Clippers having interest in Iverson makes no sense to me. Just like Memphis, the Clippers are a young team and Iverson does nothing for them but stunt the growth of their younger players.

I agree that Millsap is a very good player and Portland does need the depth inside, but 10 mill a year is way too much in my opinion for a guy that will most likely come off the bench. Unless Portland isn't confident that Oden can stay healthy and they're thinking they could have a starting front court of Millsap at the 4 and Aldridge moving up to play center.

It looks as if the Pistons are going to trade Aaron Afflalo and Walter Sharpe to Denver for a future second round pick. This will clear up about 3.5 million in cap space for Detroit. After losing McDyess the Pistons are looking to sign another big man. Chris Wilcox, Joe Smith, and Drew Gooden look like their best options. If I were them I'd pick up Wilcox. He has great size and athleticism, he can play the 4 or 5 position, and he is still relatively young.

Update on the Detroit Pistons situation. It is now rumored that they may try to bring back Ben Wallace after the Suns buy him out. Detroit needs a big man so this would be a good fit. Big Ben isn't what he used to be but he can still play and he'd most likely be coming off the bench, so I think that it is a great idea to bring him back to the D.

The Clippers having interest in Iverson makes no sense to me. Just like Memphis, the Clippers are a young team and Iverson does nothing for them but stunt the growth of their younger players.

They wanted to talk to him eyeball to eyeball to see if he is alright with coming off the bench. If he is, then it's a great signing for the Clippers. If not, well, then he's not going to be playing next year.

I agree that Millsap is a very good player and Portland does need the depth inside, but 10 mill a year is way too much in my opinion for a guy that will most likely come off the bench. Unless Portland isn't confident that Oden can stay healthy and they're thinking they could have a starting front court of Millsap at the 4 and Aldridge moving up to play center.

It's only $8 million, actually, which is what we have for cap-room. In the West, you have to do something to improve yourself. We have no big names left (sans Andre Miller) to make an impact for this team. Paul Millsap is "Mr. Double-Double". He's a guy that we know can go out there every night and produce, and this is just the beginning of his career. He's got time to blossom into an excellent player in this league. You've got to remember Joel too, who's one of the toughest players in the league. He's a great rebounder. Oden, if he is healthy, will be the starter. I don't like Aldridge as center, but I can't argue that he and Millsap would do great things for rebounding and for offense together.

They wanted to talk to him eyeball to eyeball to see if he is alright with coming off the bench. If he is, then it's a great signing for the Clippers. If not, well, then he's not going to be playing next year.

Iverson won't come off the bench he threw a hissy fit last year in Detroit about coming off the bench when it was for the betterment of the team to have Rip Hamilton start. Someone will sign Iverson but it won't be the Clippers. I'm thinking the Heat. They wanna make Wade happy and a big name like Iverson can do that. Who the hell is their PG anyway? Mario Chalmers? He won't win them a championship right now which is what Wade wants. Iverson also will be happy because Miami is alot better than Memphis or the Clippers.

It's only $8 million, actually, which is what we have for cap-room. In the West, you have to do something to improve yourself. We have no big names left (sans Andre Miller) to make an impact for this team. Paul Millsap is "Mr. Double-Double". He's a guy that we know can go out there every night and produce, and this is just the beginning of his career. He's got time to blossom into an excellent player in this league. You've got to remember Joel too, who's one of the toughest players in the league. He's a great rebounder. Oden, if he is healthy, will be the starter. I don't like Aldridge as center, but I can't argue that he and Millsap would do great things for rebounding and for offense together.

Millsap is a good signing but you kinda handicapped yourselves from gettin Hinrich from the Bulls. If you left Millsap alone then the three way tarde may have gone down and Utah could have kept Millsap, Chicago would have got Boozer and yall would have a legit PG in Hinrich everyone would be happy.

Iverson won't come off the bench he threw a hissy fit last year in Detroit about coming off the bench when it was for the betterment of the team to have Rip Hamilton start. Someone will sign Iverson but it won't be the Clippers. I'm thinking the Heat. They wanna make Wade happy and a big name like Iverson can do that. Who the hell is their PG anyway? Mario Chalmers? He won't win them a championship right now which is what Wade wants. Iverson also will be happy because Miami is alot better than Memphis or the Clippers.

I agree that Miami would be his best fit, but he'd also have to differ to Dwayne Wade there, which could cause a problem. Allen may see now that he's 34 and can't play like he used to, realize that his options are very limited now, and agree to come off the bench. He'd lead the second team and be able to light up the bench players of the opposing team.

Millsap is a good signing but you kinda handicapped yourselves from gettin Hinrich from the Bulls. If you left Millsap alone then the three way tarde may have gone down and Utah could have kept Millsap, Chicago would have got Boozer and yall would have a legit PG in Hinrich everyone would be happy.

We haven't signed him yet. He's signed the offer sheet, giving the Jazz until Friday to match. As for the trade, it was never going down. We would have had to have given Jerryd Bayless to Chicago, and he's one of the people on our team that is untouchable. Bayless has the potential to be a superstar in this league. He's a dynamic scorer and is working on his passing game now.

The Lakers have withdrawn their contract offer to Lamar Odom.

Now, this came as a surprise to me. Odom puts the Lakers as the the sure favorites to come out of the West, but without him, they'll have a hard time battling with San Antonio and Dallas. I don't know who his suitor is. I've always been of the mindset that Portland should pursue him, but with us likely acquiring Paul Millsap, that won't happen. The Heat could certainly use a big man to go along with Wade. Thoughts?

The Lakers have withdrawn their contract offer to Lamar Odom.

Now, this came as a surprise to me. Odom puts the Lakers as the the sure favorites to come out of the West, but without him, they'll have a hard time battling with San Antonio and Dallas. I don't know who his suitor is. I've always been of the mindset that Portland should pursue him, but with us likely acquiring Paul Millsap, that won't happen. The Heat could certainly use a big man to go along with Wade. Thoughts?

The Lakers are likely going to still end up with Odom, solely based on the fact that there really aren't any other teams with interest in him that have the kind of money it will take to sign him. The only other remote possibility is Dallas, but all they can offer him is the 5.8 million mid-level exception and I doubt Odom would sign for that. If Portland doesn't get Millsap then they could make a run at Odom but if they get Millsap then the Lakers are Odom's likely destination.

I'm sorry, but I can't see Lamar getting the money he really wants. He's really demanding for ten million dollars a year, but the way I see it, there's no way I'm giving that cheddar to a man that only started thirty two games last year. The only sixth man that's even close to worth that is Manu Ginobli, and even then, he could possibly be a started on any moronic team that decides they'd try to mak him a starter. His points and rebounds were the lowest they had ever been in his entire career... And I'm supposed to believe this man is worth ten million a year. Fat fucking chance. Yes, I understand he was working in the triangle offense, but his entire career has been marked by inconsistency the likes of which it's pretty difficult to defend. As a sixth man off the bench, I'd love to have him on my team, but this man is not a big free agency land whatsoever.

You remember when New Orleans signed James Posey off the Celtics, based on his run in the playoffs? Any team that wants Lamar will become this year's New Orleans. And at the moment, that isn't a completely favorable comparison. Lamar will come back to the Lakers, when he realizes he's not getting ten million in the places he wants to go. He's best coming back to the Lakers, and winning more championships.

Ya, Lamar will probably end up with the Lakers anyway. I don't see how he can expect to to get 10 million dollars a year based off a few good games in the playoffs. He's a very talented player, but he just doesn't show up every night and he can be injury prone. If I were him, I'd be happy to stay in LA, even if he doesn't get as much money as he wants. He doesn't have as much pressure there and is assured of being a title contender every year.

Jason Quick, a TrailBlazers insider, is reporting that the Jazz will match Portland's offer to Paul Millsap. I think that the Blazers were in a win/win situation, greatly improving their team with Millsap or screwing a division rival financially without. There are already talks of Lamar Odom, but it's told to be unlikely. There is a trainer in Portland's system that highly endorses Odom and recruited him at Villinova. Portland, thus far, has been breaking up with girls on the way to a date with another, it seems. We'll see what happens.

If the Miami Heat are able to pull off what they trying to pull off then they will have the best off season of any team in the NBA. They offered Lamar Odom a 5 year $35 million contract which is slightly more then the mid level exception, and they are also trying to pull off a trade that would land them Carlos Boozer.

Odom might be willing to take less money because he would be getting the long term deal that he wanted plus he still has a house in Miami and he is good friends with D Wade. If they trade for Boozer all Miami would be giving up is Udonis Haslem and Dorell Wright. Not only that but the Heat would basically just be renting Boozer for the year because his contract is up after this next season, so the Heat could contend this year and still be way under the cap for the 2010 free agent class.

A starting lineup with Chalmers, Wade, Odom, Boozer, and Jermaine O'Neal looks very good. Plus they'd have one of the best 6th men in the league in Michael Beasley. Then in 2010 Boozer and O'Neal will both be free agents and Beasley will be more then ready to be a full time starter. Also the Heat will have enough cap space to resign Wade and still go after another big name free agent.

If the Miami Heat are able to pull off what they trying to pull off then they will have the best off season of any team in the NBA. They offered Lamar Odom a 5 year $35 million contract which is slightly more then the mid level exception, and they are also trying to pull off a trade that would land them Carlos Boozer.

Odom might be willing to take less money because he would be getting the long term deal that he wanted plus he still has a house in Miami and he is good friends with D Wade. If they trade for Boozer all Miami would be giving up is Udonis Haslem and Dorell Wright. Not only that but the Heat would basically just be renting Boozer for the year because his contract is up after this next season, so the Heat could contend this year and still be way under the cap for the 2010 free agent class.

A starting lineup with Chalmers, Wade, Odom, Boozer, and Jermaine O'Neal looks very good. Plus they'd have one of the best 6th men in the league in Michael Beasley. Then in 2010 Boozer and O'Neal will both be free agents and Beasley will be more then ready to be a full time starter. Also the Heat will have enough cap space to resign Wade and still go after another big name free agent.

That starting lineup is looking good, but the East is looking stacked for next year man. The Cavs, I think, are going to be even better, same with the Magic, and I think the Celtics have one more good year at the top at least. To me, that only makes the Heat the 4th best team at best, but like you said, they're playing for 2010. My question to you though man is, do you think Beasley will be willing to stay on the bench next year? Yeah, O'Neal and Boozer have had a lot of injuries as of late, which could put him in the starting 5, but still, its just the concept, you know? You think he could play his whole second season off the bench? I'm just not sure the guy can actually do it.

That starting lineup is looking good, but the East is looking stacked for next year man. The Cavs, I think, are going to be even better, same with the Magic, and I think the Celtics have one more good year at the top at least. To me, that only makes the Heat the 4th best team at best, but like you said, they're playing for 2010. My question to you though man is, do you think Beasley will be willing to stay on the bench next year? Yeah, O'Neal and Boozer have had a lot of injuries as of late, which could put him in the starting 5, but still, its just the concept, you know? You think he could play his whole second season off the bench? I'm just not sure the guy can actually do it.

I'm not saying they should be favored to win the East if they can pull off those moves, but it does allow them to contend with those other teams. As far as Beasley goes he's only 20 so he has his entire career to be a starter. He's still going to get 25 minutes a game off the bench and like you said with O'Neal and Boozer you know there will most likely be a couple injuries. I'm sure Beasley won't mind coming off the bench for another year if it means the Heat are contenders in the East.

I'm not saying they should be favored to win the East if they can pull off those moves, but it does allow them to contend with those other teams. As far as Beasley goes he's only 20 so he has his entire career to be a starter. He's still going to get 25 minutes a game off the bench and like you said with O'Neal and Boozer you know there will most likely be a couple injuries. I'm sure Beasley won't mind coming off the bench for another year if it means the Heat are contenders in the East.

Yeah I know, I'm just saying, while they'll be improved, I think it will be a short term solution, and it won't make an absolutely huge impact. And I know he is still a young guy, I can see a guy like Greg Oden being okay with coming off the bench, but we've heard about Beasley's attitude problems, and if they are true, that might be a problem in his head, coming off the bench every night, you know?

Yeah I know, I'm just saying, while they'll be improved, I think it will be a short term solution, and it won't make an absolutely huge impact. And I know he is still a young guy, I can see a guy like Greg Oden being okay with coming off the bench, but we've heard about Beasley's attitude problems, and if they are true, that might be a problem in his head, coming off the bench every night, you know?

Unless the Heat gave O'Neal a one year contract I don't know about his contract is already up. Which means to have him in their lineup next year they will have to resign him as well as take on Boozer's contract and pay Odom. All of that money means less money to resign Dwayne Wade. Unless they just give Jermaine a one year deal. But would he take a one year deal?

Unless the Heat gave O'Neal a one year contract I don't know about his contract is already up. Which means to have him in their lineup next year they will have to resign him as well as take on Boozer's contract and pay Odom. All of that money means less money to resign Dwayne Wade. Unless they just give Jermaine a one year deal. But would he take a one year deal?

Jermaine O'Neal still has one year left on his contract so that's not a problem. And if they trade for Boozer it will most likely just be for next year and they won't resign him after next season. None of these moves will affect the amount of money they have to sign Wade.

So it appears as if there is absolutely no interest in Stephon Marbury at the moment and the only place he can go is in Europe. Obviously this guy isn't the player he once was, but I'm sure he could still help an NBA team. I think giving Marbury something like 2 million a year would be money well spent, especially for a contender.

I am really hoping that the Lakers resign Lamar Odom, I am really really really hoping. HE wants to stay in L.A and he doesn't mind coming off the bench, he doesn't mind how many years he gets as long as it's longer than 2 years all he wants is an extra mill. Come On Lakers you stingy holes sign him, you obviously wont win another title if you don't have him to hold the team chemistry together and solidfy the bench, now sign him!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back