NBA Thread - 2009-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game 1, I'll give you, that was Big Baby's worst game. However, Glenn Davis was a HUGE reason why the Celts won Game 2, with his hustle plays and making a couple of HUGE shots towards the end of the game.

Game 2 he made his last shot with 9 and a half minutes left in the game. He didn't even play the last 6 minutes of the game. Yes he made some hustle plays early in the fourth but the C's didn't take that game over until after Davis was on the bench. I'll give you games 3 and 4 as Davis played well both games but he tends to disappear on the road. Not a knock against him, bench players notoriously play better at home. He definitely hustles every possession but his game 2 impact wasn't as big as you think.

But, I agree with your other statement 100%. As good as Davis and Robinson is, they're not good enough to beat the Lakers. However, the bigs for the Celtics, with help from guys like Davis and Robinson, most certainly are. It's key for them to start hitting as a unit, instead of as individuals.

Game 5 is a must win for them. Honestly I think game 6 is almost a must win as well. I don't see them beating Kobe and the Lakers on the road in a game 7.

Game 2 he made his last shot with 9 and a half minutes left in the game. He didn't even play the last 6 minutes of the game. Yes he made some hustle plays early in the fourth but the C's didn't take that game over until after Davis was on the bench. I'll give you games 3 and 4 as Davis played well both games but he tends to disappear on the road. Not a knock against him, bench players notoriously play better at home. He definitely hustles every possession but his game 2 impact wasn't as big as you think.

Hmmm... I guess I thought that basket was later in the quarter, but I know his last couple of buckets were huge for the team. Ray Allen handled the first half for the Celtics, but then the Lakers took over in the third and start of the forth, but Big Baby shifted the momentum back in the favor of Boston with the shots/hustle plays he made a few minutes into the 4th, before Rondo took over the game. This is a prime example of why the stat sheet doesn't always tell it like it is.

Game 5 is a must win for them. Honestly I think game 6 is almost a must win as well. I don't see them beating Kobe and the Lakers on the road in a game 7.

Game 5 is a must win, I agree. However, if Boston were to drop Game 6after winning Game 5 for some reason or another, then I still wouldn't completely count them out. With the players they have, all it takes is for 2 or 3 of them to catch fire, and boom... it's over just like that for L.A.

But yeah, man... what a great series so far. In fact, I'd say it's the best NBA Finals we've had since Jazz/Bulls.

Great game. Celtics always exciting to watch, especially in the 4th with all the nutjob bench guys, who I love, making an impact. Big Baby plays much harder than everyone on the floor each and every night. Have to love that guy.

I think the Celtics are in a good position here, but they HAVE to win Game 5. I definetly think they can go into LA up 3-2 and win the series. They go in down 3-2? Virtually no shot. The key is going to be if LA can get anything out of Bynum though, him playing only 12 minutes killed them tonight, Gasol and Odom were gassed.

Here's my take on how things are going. The Lakers have won every "important" game you need in order to win the series. They win Game 1 and Phil's teams are 47-0 when winning Game 1. They win Game 3, which in this format, the teams that have won Game 3 are 10-0.

Every game the Celtics have won is because of desperation. Game 1 was just complete domination by the Lakers in every way. Game 2 was a desperation game for the Celtics. No one here could possibly believe that the Celtics would be able to beat the Lakers 3 straight in Boston. So Game 2 was a must win for the Celtics. LA comes right back in Game 3 and pretty much had they way for most of the game. The Celtics come back and who but Fisher, the guy everyone kept shittin on, comes out and hit big basket after big basket. Game 4 was another must win for Boston. If they would have lost that, they would have gone down 3-1 and pretty much lost the series.

Now that leads to Game 5. The Celtics need this game more than the Lakers. If the Lakers win, then its over. They will have 2 chances to win the title at home and believe they won't fuck that up. So this is a must win situation for the Celtics. Problem is, I don't see them winning it. The Lakers and Phil Jackson are incredible when it comes to Game 5's. They know how to take care of business when it needs to be done. I think you will see Kobe, Gasol and Bynum come out and take care of business and win a hard fought Game 5. Davis will not play as good as he did last night.

The C's looked horrible tonight. They had the Lakers on the ropes and just didn't show up. Like I said earlier, the Celtics bench usually disappears on the road and they did just that. They had 0 points from the bench through three quarters and Glen Davis went scoreless for the game in 27 minutes. The starters weren't much better. Ray Allen played well but no one was overly impressive. Rondo in particular looked bad.

The Lakers were the complete opposite. Kobe came out early and established himself. Pau Gasol played well and Ron Artest had one of his best games of the playoffs. The bench also stepped up with Lamar Odom, Shannon Brown, Jordan Farmar, and Sasha Vujacic all having good games. The Lakers are now 10-1 at home in the playoffs and I don't see them losing game 7.

I don't think it was as much as the Celtics playing bad as it was the Lakers playing TREMENDOUS defense. They were hustling their asses off, rebounding, contesting every single shot, and making plays that got them in transition. And on the offensive side of the ball they were great as well. Kobe started the game off hot, which led to the Lakers being able to distribute the ball as the 1st half went on, getting every single player in the game (and luckily for the Lakers, the role players were hitting the open shots Kobe was getting them).

The fact of the matter is, the Lakers played a perfect game last night; however, I am not counting the Celtics out for Game 7. The NBA Playoffs are about teams making adjustments throughout a series to fix what they did wrong the previous game, and there's no doubt in my mind that Doc Rivers, one of the best coaches in the NBA in my opinion, will do just that. He will have the Celtics prepared for Thursday night, and all the Celtics need to do to have a chance to win is keep themselves in the game, and we all know they're more than capable of doing just that. Definitely looking forward to it, and I will be rooting HEAVILY for Boston. Hopefully they're able to pull it out....

Pumped as hell for Game 7. Can't see another blowout happening tonight. I'd be surprised by anything other than a tight game that comes down to the last few minutes. Sure, the Celtics will be hurt a little by losing Perkins, but he was clearly their most dispensible starter. I think it hurt them last game mostly because it was such an emotional let down seeing one of their guys knocked out and they could never recover.

For me, the key for the Lakers is the role players. Sasha, Farmar, and Brown all had a superb game 6. You already know what you're gonna get from Kobe - 30 pts, great D, and vicious intensity. It's the other guys that matter the most.

For Boston, Rondo is the most important player. Kobe refuses to guard him on the other end and he has to make him pay, whether it be by knocking down the wide open jumpers or attacking the rim.

I'm still going with the Celtics, as that's who I picked from the beginning, but I'm definetly far from confident.

I think the Lakers win tonight. Not speaking as a fan of the Lakers, but stepping back and taking an outside view. Perkins not playing tonight will hurt the Celtics. I think Bynum and Gasol and hell even Odom should have a big game. For the Lakers, its all about the bench and hussle plays. We saw the Lakers do what they haven't done, and that's hussle for every rebound, dive after loose balls. If they bring that kind of effort tonight, there's no way Boston wins.

For Boston, they need Rondo to play big tonight. He's stepped up for them this postseason and has really taken over this team, and in Game 7, he's needed the most. With Perkins out, Davis has to play better. They need an overall better effort to stay in this game, and I'm sure we are going to see it from. Should be a fun exciting game.

I think the Lakers win tonight. Not speaking as a fan of the Lakers, but stepping back and taking an outside view. Perkins not playing tonight will hurt the Celtics. I think Bynum and Gasol and hell even Odom should have a big game

The thing is, it's difficult to expect a) Odom to show up for 2 consecutive games and b) Bynum to produce all that much with a knee that's more or less falling apart. However, if they can get a decent 15-20 min from Bynum and double figure scoring and/or rebounding from Odom, they're tough as hell to beat.

For the Lakers, its all about the bench and hussle plays. We saw the Lakers do what they haven't done, and that's hussle for every rebound, dive after loose balls. If they bring that kind of effort tonight, there's no way Boston wins.

That was the first game, other than maybe Game 1, where the Celtics simply didn't show up from an effort stand point. I find it hard to believe that a team as experience as Boston that's come so far simply won't show up tonight, especially when it comes to the hustle department. Don't think effort will be the deciding factor in a Game 7.

For Boston, they need Rondo to play big tonight. He's stepped up for them this postseason and has really taken over this team, and in Game 7, he's needed the most. With Perkins out, Davis has to play better.

Davis has really killed them by doing absolutely nothing in the last 2 games. Boston probably needs about 10-15 points from their bench and a very good to great game out of Rondo to have a chance here.

They need an overall better effort to stay in this game, and I'm sure we are going to see it from. Should be a fun exciting game.

That's what you have to hope for the most. I don't see this one being anything other than an instant classic though. 2 greatest franchises in NBA history, Game 7, grudge match, best player in the game today. As a basketball fan, impossible not to get excited.

The thing is, it's difficult to expect a) Odom to show up for 2 consecutive games and b) Bynum to produce all that much with a knee that's more or less falling apart. However, if they can get a decent 15-20 min from Bynum and double figure scoring and/or rebounding from Odom, they're tough as hell to beat.

That the most frustrating thing when it comes Odom. When the guy comes to play, its tough to beat the Lakers. When he shows up, he usually shows up big. But, as you pointed out and as all us Laker fans know, he can't seem to do that 2 straight games.I would hope that a Game 7 in the Finals would wake him up and make him contribute. As far as Bynum goes, I know he has that bum knee, but I think with Perkins out, that will benefit Bynum a lot. I don't expect him out there for more than 20 mins. But I think he can make those minutes count.

That was the first game, other than maybe Game 1, where the Celtics simply didn't show up from an effort stand point. I find it hard to believe that a team as experience as Boston that's come so far simply won't show up tonight, especially when it comes to the hustle department. Don't think effort will be the deciding factor in a Game 7.

I agree that Boston is too experienced to not being able to bring the effort. I guess the point I was trying to make was the fact that we haven't seen the Lakers play with that kind of effort before. At least I haven't. It was a effort of desperation. I've always believed that the Lakers were the better team, but the Celtics do more of the dirty work while the Lakers tend to shy away from that. I guess seeing Fisher diving on the floor got me all excited.

Davis has really killed them by doing absolutely nothing in the last 2 games. Boston probably needs about 10-15 points from their bench and a very good to great game out of Rondo to have a chance here.

I think Rondo will have a good game. He is such an underrated player still, I think he shows up for Boston. Can't say I think the same for Davis. I just don't get the feeling like he can come up for Boston right now. But yhe has to figure out a way to make himself more effective when out on the floor. They are going to need him under the basket for boards and defending the big guys. If he can at least do that, then that will help big time.

That's what you have to hope for the most. I don't see this one being anything other than an instant classic though. 2 greatest franchises in NBA history, Game 7, grudge match, best player in the game today. As a basketball fan, impossible not to get excited.

Don't think I could have said it better.

Reactions: gd
Well I figured I would be the first in this thread to be happy about last night. Damn what an ugly game. That was straight up Boston, hell East Coast type basketball. For 3 quarters the Celtics had LA where they wanted them. Kobe was just terrible shooting, in fact the whole team was. But lastg night you saw a tough Lakers team that wouldn't give up and beat Boston at their own game. How sweet it was to watch!

RonRon came thru in the biggest of ways last night and earned his pay with last night's performance. He had big shots, steals, he really thrived in that type of enviorment, and is the reason LA traded for him las off season. I was really happy to see Atrest finally get a ring and cement his turnaround from his ugly past to a now NBA champion. And did anyone laugh at his postgame interview when he started thanking his hood, doctors and psychiatrist? I was happy for the guy. So much pressure on him, seeing as how he was the only change the Lakers made to their roster from the previous title team.

Gasol came up big in the game and series as well. There was a lot of talk about how Gasol have shrunk in these type of games, but he came thru when his team needed him most. Really just an all around gusty effort by a Lakers team everyone considered to soft and finess. Kobe now has cemented his place as the greatest Laker of all time. While he didn't have the points, he continued to play agressively and picked up 15 boards and continued to attack and got to the line. Loved the way this game turned out. Just an exciting game and looking now for the 3peat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back