• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NBA Offseason Thread 2010

The Magic would be a good fit for him, but I think they don't need Paul. They're pretty much set at the point guard position

I'm a big Jameer Nelson fan but Chris Paul is a huge upgrade over him. Plus Jameer would almost certainly go back to NO in any deal that happened. CP3 and Dwight together is something you can't pass up if the possibility for it to happen is available.

And the Blazers would be an interesting fit, but I think Paul has much more of a chance to win in Dallas than he does Portland. With the squad and coaching they have Dallas, Chris Paul would automatically put them in the "2nd best team in the West" category at the beginning of the season. Assuming Dallas would only have to give up names like Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, and maybe Shawn Marion or Caron Butler... that would still leave them with Paul, Nowitzki, Marion or Butler, and solid role players such as DeShawn Stevenson, Tyson Chandler, and Brendan Haywood. That's a great team if you ask me, and a team that could easily compete with the Lakers to take the West.

I think he'd be a great fit with that young Portland team. Just look at what Andre Miller did for them and Paul is a much better point guard then Miller. However, it'd be really difficult to find a trade that would work for both teams.

As far as Dallas goes, I don't think there is much they can offer other then the expiring contracts of guys like Butler, Stevenson, and Chandler. Any other team can offer NO expiring contracts plus either a talented player like Jameer Nelson or young guys like Wilson Chandler and Anthony Randolph.

Paul in Dallas would be interesting. But giving up Kidd, Terry and either Marion/Butler would be to much to give up. Plus all the money on the contracts they are giving up as well. NO couldn't accept that, they would have to trade over Okafor as well just to be able to accept it. But Dallas have a really good looking team now, I don't know if they would want to muck it up. Plus you have good point guards in Barea and/or Rodrigue Beaubois to step up when Kidd retires.

Chicago bulls have signed Tracy Mcgrady to a contract, I am not sure on the money or conditions but Derrick Rose seems to think it will help them. Which I am jumping on that bandwagon and saing it will as well. I think T-mac realising nobody wanted him this year will change is way he saw himself before and do whatever it takes to win a championship. However he wont be his scoring self I still think he will get between 8-10 points depeding on if he is a sixth man or deeper down the bench.

Also Boston Celtics are thinking about signing Shaq. Not bad for the celtics really seeing as Kendrick Perkins is going to be out at the start of the season and Wallace is thinking about retirement again.

And I only just realised that memphis have signed Tony Allen. This was a great signing for the Grizzles who are a good young team with good defense. This only improves them and are starting to look like they have a good bench with Brewer and Allen along with co.

I'm not really understanding Pauls desire to go to New York, I understand there is a possibility of Carmelo going there next year, but that's all it is, a possibility. If he were to go there, have a miserable ass year of getting his ass handed to him, and then find out Melo wants to stay in Denver, then what's he gonna do? Demand another trade?

If he wants to go somewhere and be succesful, he needs to stay as far away from New York as possible. It really boils down to two choices, The Mavs, or Orlando. I truly think the best fit are the Mavs, they would have to give something up to get him of course, but in the end they'd still have a stacked team and with the addition of Paul they could become true title contenders.

T-Mac, ha. Don't think he'll make a huge impact this year. May have a few nice games but it'll only be a matter of time before the inevitable injury and or him bitching about something happens. There's a reason the guy's never won a playoff series.

Shaq to Boston for cheap wouldn't be terrible. I'm guessing they could do a sign and trade for Sheed's ghost to make it work. It'd easily be their best O'Neal signing of the summer.

Tony Allen is a nice fit in Memphis, not sure they have any really shut down defenders. He is somewhat crazy though, already talking about the locker room marinating and how he was overshadowed in Boston.

As for where CP3 would be most successful, I say it'd definetly be Orlando. Him with Howard would be like he was with a healthy Chandler, except 10 times better. They also have enough depth that they'll still be able to be a top contender even if they have to give up a lot to do so.

New York wouldn't be terrible, especially since I think Carmelo is going there next year. They'd be a playoff team this year with just Paul and Amare as well. Dallas would be a good option as Dirk is just below superstar level, but not sure how they'd be able to get Kidd out of there.

According to sources there are two prerequisites to T Mac signing in Chicago.

1. On Monday he has to prove in a workout that he is healthy.

2. He has to be willing to except a bench role with the team.

At this point I believe McGrady is more about contributing and winning then trying to hog the spotlight, so I don't think he will have a problem with the bench role. However, if he does pull an Iverson at some point you better believe the Bulls will be quick to send him home.

If this signing does happen I'll like the Bulls roster more then I already do, and I see them as the most complete team in the East.

They're looking at a starting 5 of Derrick Rose, Ronnie Brewer, Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer, and Joakim Noah. With a bench core of CJ Watson, Kyle Korver, T Mac, Taj Gibson, and Kurt Thomas. If everyone stays healthy and Rose and Noah continue to develop then this could be a scary team.

The Cavaliers have made their first post-LeBron move. They traded away Delonte West and Sebastion Telfair to Minnesota for Ramon Sessions and Ryan Hollins. West and Telfair both have expiring contracts and at the very least one of them will probably be released. Minnesota made the move to save money and clear up logjams at certain positions. I'd say Telfair has a better chance to stay with the team considering he was in Minnesota for two years prior to this latest season and he actually put up solid numbers as a part time starter.

This is a good trade for Cleveland. Byron Scott wants an athletic, up tempo team and he got a couple players that can help. Sessions is a good, quick point guard and is still very young at just 24 years old. He's also good friends with Mo Williams as they played together for a season in Milwaukee. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Cleveland go small sometimes and play with both Sessions and Williams in the back court. Ryan Hollins is a big 7 footer who is athletic but also very raw. He put up some decent numbers last year and he'll have a chance to get more minutes in Cleveland next year.

The Grizzles are looking to trade Michael Conley for a upgrade in point guard because they are unsure about how he will perform in the future. I am not liking this idea. I think he is a very solid point guard. Not a top 5 maybe not even top 10 in the league. But he is smart on the offensive end, can knock down the 3 and is solid on defence. I don't see why they would want to trade him.

KAAAAAAAAHHHHHNNN!!!! Just shows the stupidity of Minnesota once again. Sure, as this point it's the right move, but they should've never been in the position they had to trade these guys. They created the longjam themselves. They're certainly going to waive West with his legal troubles and all, so if they keep Telfair (questionable) they'll have gotten a number 3 PG for last years 2 free agent signings? They are absolutely a mess.

I do like it for Clevland though. Sessions is a really solid young player and could possibly play with Williams, although they'd struggle to matchup defensively. Hollins is a good athlete who'll be a serviceable bench guy.

Also, Mike Conley is shit. Aren't surprised in the least Memphis is looking to upgrade. PG is clearly their weak spot. Problem is, I don't think there's really anyone there for them to pickup

.Also, Mike Conley is shit. Aren't surprised in the least Memphis is looking to upgrade. PG is clearly their weak spot. Problem is, I don't think there's really anyone there for them to pickup

Can you please tell me how he is shit. Good 3 point shot, has good offensive awarness and is solid on D? What are his faults?

Maybe shit is the wrong word. Thorougly average may be the better way to describe him. Sure, he's a serviceable NBA players and could help your team a little, but I don't think any of the Grizzlies opponents are thinking "O shit, we have to play Mike Conley tonight."

There are a ton of PGs who can play 30 minutes a game, average 11 points and 5 assists and shoot about 45% from the field, which are Conley's numbers. Not bad, but not great. You'd definetly expect more out of a top 5 pick.

While I do agree with you on the he's not great, and no team would be worried about him before they come into the night. I do believe he his numbers will rise eventually. I mean they have such a good young star in OJ, and Rudy Gay is on the wise. But I do agree with you.

Ok now I am starting to worry about the Celtics. There roster has shaped up alot and now they signed a sharp shooter in Eddie House. He is contracted for 2 years and will get around 8 million dollars ( I think that was it). Miami Heat seem to be getting a good little roster around the 3 kings. However who plays great D about from Wade?

Ok now I am starting to worry about the Celtics. There roster has shaped up alot and now they signed a sharp shooter in Eddie House. He is contracted for 2 years and will get around 8 million dollars ( I think that was it). Miami Heat seem to be getting a good little roster around the 3 kings. However who plays great D about from Wade?

The Celtics are not the team you should be worried about. They are very old and I don't know if they can repeat last years success. The Heat don't have a great defensive team but Wade and LeBron are both very good defenders. Joel Anthony is solid inside as is Udonis Haslem. They won't be the best defensive team but they will be more then adequate.

House to the Heat is a good move for them. At this point, they just need guys that only do a couple of things well and play specific roles. House showed he could be a good shooter in the playoffs when he played big minutes for the Celtics in 08. Just the kind of guy the Heat need at this point.

Also, the Wizards gave Josh Howard a 1 year deal worth 4 million. If he lays off the pot a little, he could be decent. A Wall/Arenas/Howard backcourt certainly isn't horrible.

The Celtics are not the team you should be worried about. They are very old and I don't know if they can repeat last years success. The Heat don't have a great defensive team but Wade and LeBron are both very good defenders. Joel Anthony is solid inside as is Udonis Haslem. They won't be the best defensive team but they will be more then adequate.

Yeah I meant Heat, I accidently wrote Celtics because he use to play for them. Yeah there defense lets them down a little, but there offense is great.

Knicks offered Shannon Brown a contract, Lakers apparently have no cap to counter offer so he might be heading to the Knicks. The Lakers are trying to trade Vujacic so they can resign him. But apparently nobody wants Sasha, which I think it is a little weird. Vujacic isn't the best defender but he certainly will get in your grill and will give you 100%, also WAS a good spot up shooter, a little shaky now but that'll come back.

according to ESPN, Shaq is about to sign with BOS as early as tonight or tomorrow

& if that happens DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!! i mean BOSs front court would be even more loaded with KG, Big Baby, Jermaine O'Neal, & now Shaq

i didnt even include Perkins because he wont be back until Jan or Feb at the earliest and the status of Rasheed is still ??? since he hasnt officially retired yet

Not that loaded. Rasheed is definetly retiring, Jermaine is trash, KG is on his last legs. I do like the Shaq signing though. They needed more depth, so not as to have to use Scalibrene in Game 7 of the Finals again. Shaq isn't nearly what he was in the past, but I'm sure they got him for cheap and won't really be expecting much out of him. Good fit for all here.

The last two years Shaq is actually in the negative +/- wise while on the court. He is just another big body on his last legs in Boston. I guess the Celtics think that if just one of these guys can turn back the clock a little then they will be a better team. However, the signing does add depth and maybe Shaq will fit in better in Boston then he did in Phoenix and Cleveland, we'll just have to wait and see.

They did get the best available though, which is always a plus. When you're other possible option is Kwame Brown, anything else is going to be a good choice.

In other news, "White Chocolate" Jason Williams re-signed with the Magic. There was some thought he was going to wind up in Miami at one point, but that didn't happen. He's unlikely to get much playing time in Orlando though behind Nelson and Duhon.

Also, the T'Wolves officially waved Delonte West, saving a buttload of money. He's in some maor legal trouble and is going to be on house arrest for hte better part of the next year, but word is he'll still be able to play.

The last two years Shaq is actually in the negative +/- wise while on the court. He is just another big body on his last legs in Boston. I guess the Celtics think that if just one of these guys can turn back the clock a little then they will be a better team. However, the signing does add depth and maybe Shaq will fit in better in Boston then he did in Phoenix and Cleveland, we'll just have to wait and see.

Shaq is obviously just depth for the Celtics in the frontcourt until Perkins returns. But I got a feeling he'll be trading bait by mid season when Perkins gets back in the line up. If not him then maybe Jermaine, but I think one of the O'Neal's will be traded, they have to give Big Baby his minutes. Unless both of them are willing to take less minutes.

They did get the best available though, which is always a plus. When you're other possible option is Kwame Brown, anything else is going to be a good choice.

Anyone is better then Kwame Brown and he does add depth so not a bad signing but still nothing mind blowing. Teams know Miami's weakness and they are getting strong up front to try and expose it.
In other news, "White Chocolate" Jason Williams re-signed with the Magic. There was some thought he was going to wind up in Miami at one point, but that didn't happen. He's unlikely to get much playing time in Orlando though behind Nelson and Duhon.

Good signing. He'll just be the third point guard but he can step in and play well if an injury occurs to Nelson or Duhon.
Also, the T'Wolves officially waved Delonte West, saving a buttload of money. He's in some maor legal trouble and is going to be on house arrest for hte better part of the next year, but word is he'll still be able to play.

I heard the Celtics may be interested as they want another shooter off the bench. They have a good veteran core and could keep him in check. West can play when he is in the right state of mind.

I suppose Shaq joining the Celtics is a decent fit. Shaq isn't brought in there to be a whole lot. He's basically there for six extra fouls and to mentor Kendrick Perkins to an extent. I don't think it will make them a lot better (just a lot older) but it's not going to make them worse. With this acquisiton, I still see Boston at least making the conference finals because they still have Allen, Pierce, Garnett and Rondo who is constantly improving.

Well I am very happy to say Shannon Brown is looking to resign with the Lakers. He has chose going for a third championship over playing time and money. I love Brown. he adds energy and scoring of the bench and is always going to light up the Staple Center with his massive dunks.

Shaq signing with the Celts is just another I dont care signing. It's going to be funny in 2 years when Allen, Pierce, Garnett, and both O'neals retire. Robinson will probably also be shipped off. Celts I don't know what they are doing but you need some young people!

Jason Williams signing is very good and I like it alot. Still a great table setter and can shoot a 3.

It looks like Tracy McGrady may now end up with the Pistons. Right now Detroit is very crowded at the SG and SF positions but they are looking to trade both Tayshaun Prince and Rip Hamilton. If they do sign T Mac he will just get a 1 year deal for the veterans minimum.

This is actually the perfect low risk, high reward situation. If he gets injured or plays like shit then they only invested a minimum contract in him, however, if he gets back to anywhere near what he was before the injury then the Pistons get a steal. Even if he could just get them around 15, 5, and 5 then it would be one of the biggest steals of the offseason. T Mac is motivated to prove the doubters wrong and Detroit could be the perfect destination for him.

He had to end up somewhere, I suppose. I'm assuming T-Mac will come off the bench, as they already have a ton of backcourst players with Stuckey, Gordon, Hamilton, Prince, etc. They haven't been able to trade any of them so far, you'll only assume they'll keep pursuing a deal though, especially if they bring in McGrady.

I don't really see it working. When your knees go, they go, and I don't see T-Mac reinventing himself ala Grant Hill. He still thinks he's a star, regardless of what his body tells him. Guys like him, AI, etc are all the same boat. And AI certainly didn't work out in Detroit a few years ago. On the bright side, it's not like they were going to be good anyway, so this can only do minimal damage.

The Bulls signed Keith Bogans for $2.5 million, a good role player for them. Probably 8th or 9th man, somewhere around there. He's like a homeless man's Bruce Bowen, which isn't that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back