2010 NBA Free Agency

"Cool Guy" Jensen

Undertaker for Champ!
While, this 2009-2010 NBA season is a mere 2 months old, it is never too early to start looking at the 2010 Offseason. In my opinion, I think this season's offseason will be a very interesting one. The list of actual and potential free agents is countless. Many stars who have been on the same team for over half a decade, players who just want a change.

Now, the free agents that I mostly want to look upon are... Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Dirk Nowitzki, Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher, Dwyane Wade, Nate Robinson, Manu Ginobili, and of course, LEBRON JAMES!

This short list of NBA players shows what kind of surprises we can see when the 2010-2011 NBA season comes along. You have Ray Allen, who came to the Celtics in 2007 helping them win their 17th NBA Title, first in 22 years. Dirk Nowitzki has been on the Dallas Mavericks his entire 12 seasons in the NBA, could this be an end? Kobe Bryant is likely to remain in Los Angeles his whole career, but who knows? Tracy McGrady has played for 3 different teams in his 13 seasons, and he may want to leave Houston. Lastly... LEBRON JAMES. Now, he's stated that he plans to stay in Cleveland until his bring a championship to the city. With a good 21-8 start to the season, they are on their way to the playoffs, looking to dominate.

With all these great 2010 free agents, we could be seeing a lot of changes next season. I would like to know who you see going where. Who would you like to see playing where? Why? Anything containing the 2010 offseason free agents, please post here.

[QUOTE="Cool Guy" Jensen;1631471]Now, the free agents that I mostly want to look upon are... Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Dirk Nowitzki, Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher, Dwyane Wade, Nate Robinson, Manu Ginobili, and of course, LEBRON JAMES![/QUOTE]

Being a Mavericks fan,I would really like it if Nowitzki stayed.He is my favorite player and I want him to play in my favorite team.
As for Bryant,I do not see him moving from the Lakers any time soon.
Tracy McGrady should leave.He has not achieved much with the Rockets and I hope he goes to the Celtics,my second favorite team.
I doubt Allen,Garnett and Pierce will leave the team.Allen and KG came there two years ago and had major success.Pierce could have left years ago,I doubt he will leave now that the team is strong.
Derek Fisher-could not care less.Sure he is good but to me he is just the guy who plays with Bryant and Gasol.
Nate Robinson-he should leave.I am sorry if I am disrespectful to Knicks fans but I just do not see him there.By me he is too weak to lead them to gold and definetly needs a star player to work with.Perhaps Gasol,that would be interesting and would surely bring the Knicks to the playoffs.
Manu Ginobili-great player,but do not care if he moves.
Dwayne Wade-would love to see him in the Mavs or the Magic.He and Howard would be great!

[QUOTE="Cool Guy" Jensen;1631471]This short list of NBA players shows what kind of surprises we can see when the 2010-2011 NBA season comes along. ? Lastly... LEBRON JAMES. Now, he's stated that he plans to stay in Cleveland until his bring a championship to the city. With a good 21-8 start to the season, they are on their way to the playoffs, looking to dominate.
[/QUOTE]

LeBron should not move.He is doing fine and the Cavs are more popular and stronger with him.If they let him go they can go looking for am graveyard and a tomb because that would totally bury them and (probably) the ticket sales.

the big name players that i see leaving there respective teams are:

Lebron James-unless they win a championship this year, i don't see him staying in cleveland
Dirk Nowitzki-to me this is actually 50/50, because for one thing i know he wants another championship and dallas may not be the place to win one, but then again i'm sure he likes it there so it's a toss up
Tracy McGrady-i think he will actually be traded during the season, but i put him here just because i know he won't be on the rockets when the 2010-11 season starts
Dwayne Wade-i don't see the heat being able to keep wade in miami unless they make a big move by the trade dealine, or at least mid-way through the summer
Michael Redd-i'm sure the bucks are going to want to have Jennings as their team leader, so that might mean the bucks will let Redd go, unless these two shooters can work together well
most of the Knicks roster-i know the knicks are hoping to grab a big name during the summer, so i don't see them re-signing many of their players, like David Lee, Al Harrington, etc.
Amare Stoudemire-Amare, i believe, was aggravated at the beginning of the season and wanted to be traded until they started the season off well, so unless they make a good playoff run i don't see him staying in phoenix
Chris Bosh-i don't think he likes it in toronto, or at least doesn't like where things are going, so i see him moving early in the summer
Carlos Boozer-like most of the players on this list, unless the jazz makes a run at the championship i don't see him staying in utah

Players i see staying:

Joe Johnson-the hawks have something great going on in atlanta, which is setting up for the future, if they can keep Johnson then they're legitimate contenders in the east
Ray Allen/Paul Pierce-i'm sure these guys like how things are going in boston with KG and doc rivers so i don't see them leaving
Yao Ming-i just can't see him playing for another team other than houston
Kobe Bryant-the lakers are the perfect team for him and i know Kobe knows it, especially now since gasol got an extention on his contract
Richard Jefferson-i didn't even know he was a free agent this year, but i'm sure he likes the situation in san antonio

With me also being a huge Mavericks fan (THEY ARE MY 2nd FAV NBA TEAM), I want Dirk Nowitzki to stay. However, if remaining on the team means that he will not win a championship, then I don't want him there. Everyone's goal is to win a championship, and with the beautiful stats that Dirk has, a championship would be the icing on the cake. So, it's his choice... win a championship or remain on the team that made you who you are. He's my 4th favorite NBA player, and I'd love to see him win a title. Along with my 3rd favorite, Jason Kidd.

Tracy McGrady could have found a lot more success as a Rockets player, if injuries had not been such an issue. He was overshadowed by his cousin, Vince Carter on the Raptors, he did better on the Magic, but not as good as he could have done and started to do on the Rockets. He became a more versatile player. Now, that he's back, Rick Adelman only lets in play the final 7 minutes of the 1st quarter and that's it. I think he should play more.

I agree that Nate Robinson cannot lead the Knicks to a championship. He'd fit more as a secondary or tertiary star on a team. On the Knicks, he's looked at as too much of a leader, and quite frankly, I don't think he's fit to do that at this point in his career yet.

I'll only post on the ones that are really interesting to me.

I'd like to see Amare go to the Heat, I think that he'd be the best fit there.

Dirk Nowitski, I just don't think he'll win the big one in Dallas, don't think he's at his best playing with a passing point like Kidd. I'd love to see him go to the Cavaliers.

Chris Bosh, very versatile guy, I don't know where I'd like him best, if the Magic could afford him I think he'd make a good replacement for Rashard Lewis(never liked that signing, still don't two this day, way overpaid).

Boozer, I think if Amare goes somewhere like NY, Boozer would also make a great fit with DWade.

New York, I don't see why Lebron would go to New York. I mean if he wanted to win a Championship, and get money, there are about 5 teams including the Cavs and not including the Knicks that would give him a better shot. If I we're him I'd think about heading towards the OKC Thunder, that is some ridiculous upside.

No way Kobe of Fisher leave in the offseason. They are the two team leaders and I can't realistically see any reason why either would leave to another team. Money, nah we'll pay to lock up the two team leaders. Better team, there aren't many better we have a championship calibur team built already. So no I don't see Kobe or D-Fish leaving. If Kobe does leave though I follow him to that team. I'm a Kobe Bryant fan before a Laker fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back