MLB Offseason Thread

Cliff Lee just signed with the Phillies giving them one of the best pitching rotations in recent memory. Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, Roy Oswalt, and Cole Hamels could all be legitimate number one starters on a lot of teams. Even Joe Blanton isn't bad as the fifth starter. The Phillies with this rotation combined with the hitting they already have makes them the favorites in the NL and possibly all of baseball.

Cliff Lee just signed with the Phillies giving them one of the best pitching rotations in recent memory. Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, Roy Oswalt, and Cole Hamels could all be legitimate number one starters on a lot of teams. Even Joe Blanton isn't bad as the fifth starter. The Phillies with this rotation combined with the hitting they already have makes them the favorites in the NL and possibly all of baseball.

Big time decision by Lee. It was thought that only the Rangers and Yankees were in the running for Lee. Yea, there was talk of a 3rd team, but no one thought that meant anything. Now the Phillies have to be the favorites to win the World Series. I mean, Boston upgraded offensively, but as the Giants showed, pitching gets it done, and the Phillies have the best rotation iin baseball. Big move.

Halloday, Lee, Oswalt, and Hamels = Owned. Hands down.

My question however isn't is this going to be a great team? Are they going to win the World Series? But, my question to you, is, Is this the greatest pitching group? Ever?

I don't know much about my History of baseball, I only started watching as a hardcore fan this past year. But, this group looks awesome. With Joe Blanton thrown in the mix they very well could have a 5 day rotation. You're almost guaranteeing a hot pitcher with a 5-day rotation.

One team that sticks out - Is the 1990's Atlanta Braves. Are these guys better? Worse? Etc...

Despite Lee bolstering the Phillies rotation, I wouldn't say that these guys are far and away favorites. If all 4 pitch to the top of their abilities, then yeah I can see them being favorites, but the Giants, with Lincecum, Cain, (who can go toe to toe with both Halladay and Lee, and have beaten them this past postseason) Sanchez and Bumgardner have to be threats. Yes, the Giants offense will never be as dangerous as the Phillies, but with the ballpark they play in (along with the weak division) they won't need to score a whole lot of runs to win. Right now, I like the Phillies, but these guys were just beaten by a young team that can go toe to toe with their aces.

And with Lee off the market, the biggest ace left is Carl Pavano. Some think he can go to the Rangers, since they still have all of that money that Lee didn't take, and I think that could be a good fit for them. His stats might be higher a tad because the Ballpark in Arlington is one of the most hitter friendly parks, but he had a good bounce back season last year with the Twins, leading them to a playoff run. He could be a strong number one for Lewis, Hunter, and Wilson. He wouldn't get nearly as big of a contract, in terms of years and money, but he's only a few steps below Lee, which isn't bad. The Twins are in talks of resigning him aswell.

sox getting crawford for the outfield is amazing and really needed, and the big bat that theo has wanted in A-Gon is finally here, and now we upgraded our bullpen by getting Jenks and albers is great in my opinion..theo has figured out all the sox problems and upgraded all the places we needed to focus on this offseason and has passed with flying colors and to think its not over yet..who knows who else the sox go after

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back