My Infraction Virginity is GONE!!!!

For the record, it all comes down to preference. Sly is arguing that we may have lost some good posters because the infractions are handed out too quickly. I agree but also disagree. The ones who are banned eventually (more than likely this guy) screw up four more times. Those are the types of people that simply clog up the forums and need to go. It sucks that we could have lost a potentially good wrestling poster, especially when no one even posts wrestling, but thats the small price we pay to make this forum better.

Go look at any other forum that isn't as strict. Its mindless crap. I was a member of a football forum and every other day there was a new thread asking who the best wide receiver was. To make matters worse, its always turned into a race war.
Not quite my point Slim.

Anyone who gets banned from the forum, like you said, are probably people who don't need to be here. It's the people who get infracted once or twice, and choose to never come back that is what hurts. I know of a couple of posters who are very knowledgeable posters, who got an infraction or two for something small, and they chose to never come back. Will was one of the ones who infracted one of the guys I know :rofl:. Apparently, he made a long drawn out post in a thread, and Will infracted him for spam. I told him that's just because Will likes to write encyclopedias, but the guy didn't come back.

While I did find it amusing, it just illustrates that people leave this forum due to the trigger happy fingers some people have.

I'm not saying that they do their job wrong, just that I think the job could be done to the better benefit of the forum.

1. why the fuck are you asking ME?? :lmao:
Oh wise one, with the moderating powers, I was simply hoping you'd give me some insight into that wonderful wisdom you possess.

2. good. think that may be the first time you have ever said that to me sly

<3
Yeah, don't get to used to it. I'm not really in the business of agreeing with people. ;)

Czena rulez!

Sly...now that you and I have finally reached some common ground...are you going to humble yourself and agree that Hogan had a method to his madness??? ;)

Oh wise one, with the moderating powers, I was simply hoping you'd give me some insight into that wonderful wisdom you possess.

I have, about 854 time sin this thread. but I cant speak for other's personal preferences. how can you ask me of what the drawback of doing something I belive to be the best way to do it is?? LOL.

Czena sux

I, and apparently others, have never been given that warning infraction.

I don't believe I received a warning for the very first two infractions I received by Jake, either. But I wasn't outraged by it. I did what everyone should do. I replied back to him asking what I did wrong, in a polite manner. He told me. I altered and changed.

That's not really the point I'm trying to make. The point I'm trying to make is that the infractions cause a bad taste in a posters mouth, which discourages them from posting here. It drives away potentially good posters.

Thus, the overall forums suffer.

See, that's what I've never understood. I received two infractions almost instantly when I joined because Jake felt I spammed. "I" as a n00b didn't think I did, but I asked how. He explained, I changed.

I didn't get a bad taste in my mouth (as you say) other than feeling like "I" was responsible for breaking the rules. But instead of complaining about it, or fighting over it.. even though at that time "I" didn't think I deserved it, I just felt what I think everyone should feel.. and that's the fact that I accepted it, learned from it, and moved on.

Since that time, the next warning/infraction of any kind I received was from Luther over a sig. violation, and Jake over bumping extremely old bar room threads for no reason. Both had valid reasoning.

So again.. I don't think receiving infractions should cause people to never wanna post here, unless their feelings get hurt easily, at which point I highly doubt this is the place for them anyways. And I'm sure you would agree that this isn't the forum for kids or people who get offended easily.

Sly...now that you and I have finally reached some common ground...are you going to humble yourself and agree that Hogan had a method to his madness??? ;)
What Madness? Macho Madness?

I have, about 854 time sin this thread. but I cant speak for other's personal preferences. how can you ask me of what the drawback of doing something I belive to be the best way to do it is?? LOL.
Well, you know how it is with you "good ole boys". Sitting back in your Board Room, propping your feet up, sharing your expensive wines and cigars. Conversation happens. Thought you could give some insight.

Unfortunately, you're useless. ;)

Not quite my point Slim.

Anyone who gets banned from the forum, like you said, are probably people who don't need to be here. It's the people who get infracted once or twice, and choose to never come back that is what hurts. I know of a couple of posters who are very knowledgeable posters, who got an infraction or two for something small, and they chose to never come back. Will was one of the ones who infracted one of the guys I know :rofl:. Apparently, he made a long drawn out post in a thread, and Will infracted him for spam. I told him that's just because Will likes to write encyclopedias, but the guy didn't come back.

While I did find it amusing, it just illustrates that people leave this forum due to the trigger happy fingers some people have.

I'm not saying that they do their job wrong, just that I think the job could be done to the better benefit of the forum.

That makes more sense, I guess I never really paid attention to those who were not banned and rather chose to simply not be here.

Chances are, whatever post he was refering to was either Draft related or p.p.v. card related. He likely posted a huge drawn out post that had nothing more than listing names to brands, without reasoning.. or cards that he felt would happen, or knew would happen.. yet didn't add any opinion on his feelings for them.

It clearly says in the p.p.v. threads DO NOT LIST JUST CARDS! EXPLAIN YOURSELF!!

I'm sorry your friend got his feelings hurt because I caught him spamming. :p I find it hard to believe you're friends with anyone that's that much of a puss. :lmao:

I don't believe I received a warning for the very first two infractions I received by Jake, either. But I wasn't outraged by it. I did what everyone should do. I replied back to him asking what I did wrong, in a polite manner. He told me. I altered and changed.
And if he had sent you a PM telling you the same thing, would you not have changed then as well?

See, that's what I've never understood. I received two infractions almost instantly when I joined because Jake felt I spammed. "I" as a n00b didn't think I did, but I asked how. He explained, I changed.

I didn't get a bad taste in my mouth (as you say) other than feeling like "I" was responsible for breaking the rules. But instead of complaining about it, or fighting over it.. even though at that time "I" didn't think I deserved it, I just felt what I think everyone should feel.. and that's the fact that I accepted it, learned from it, and moved on.

Since that time, the next warning/infraction of any kind I received was from Luther over a sig. violation, and Jake over bumping extremely old bar room threads for no reason. Both had valid reasoning.

So again.. I don't think receiving infractions should cause people to never wanna post here, unless their feelings get hurt easily, at which point I highly doubt this is the place for them anyways. And I'm sure you would agree that this isn't the forum for kids or people who get offended easily.
But, not everyone feels the same way you and I do Will. I agree with you on that you shouldn't leave.

But, not everyone feels the same way, and I think this forum should be one that embraces as many good members as they can, not just members who have a thick skin.

Everyone needs to chill out. Sly, you're turning this thread into another "let's complain about past infractions" thread. This happened about a month ago too.

And trust me, Sly, there's no moderator "Good Olde Boyz" network. We debate and argue more than you realize.

That makes more sense, I guess I never really paid attention to those who were not banned and rather chose to simply not be here.

I generally feel bad for the forum whenever it loses members. But at the same time I don't feel bad for people who leave because they got an infraction and couldn't take it.

If it was wrongfully given, it'd be over-turned. Infractions HAVE been over-turned. Sometimes spam is undetermined from post to post. Such as Sly's friend who made a long post and still apparently 'spammed.'

The situation doesn't always have a "black and white" understanding. In order to understand the complete issue, you'd have to see what the person was infracted for.

And again, anyone who leaves the forum because they got an infraction and felt it was unjust.. well, thats just an indication that they'd also likely leave the first minute someone strongly debated them, and hurt their feelings by making them look foolish. (ie. Why I don't get how Sly could've been friend's with this person, since he has a major habit of owning any and everyone in debates. lol)

And if he had sent you a PM telling you the same thing, would you not have changed then as well?

What do you mean?

But, not everyone feels the same way you and I do Will. I agree with you on that you shouldn't leave.

But, not everyone feels the same way, and I think this forum should be one that embraces as many good members as they can, not just members who have a thick skin.

I agree with that as well. Everyone should be, and is welcome to this forum. But the rules have remained the same since long before I was ever here.

While losing quality members isn't good, and definately sucks and possibly hurts. The fact is we don't need to be readjusting each time we think someone is being hurt by the situation.

That actually reminds me exactly of what the e-fed was going through not to long ago. Someone was upset because they felt Staff were only out to push themselves. So they were literally wanting everything to be ran differently, like an alternative e-fed they knew of. Well, this isn't that e-fed.. so the bottomline is, if you don't like how this place is ran. Go where you're happy.

No two places can be exactly alike. Thats the point I'm making. I wish people would stay. I wish things wouldn't get blown up through drama, but it happens unfortunately.

Chances are, whatever post he was refering to was either Draft related or p.p.v. card related. He likely posted a huge drawn out post that had nothing more than listing names to brands, without reasoning.. or cards that he felt would happen, or knew would happen.. yet didn't add any opinion on his feelings for them.

It clearly says in the p.p.v. threads DO NOT LIST JUST CARDS! EXPLAIN YOURSELF!!

I'm sorry your friend got his feelings hurt because I caught him spamming. :p I find it hard to believe you're friends with anyone that's that much of a puss. :lmao:
Here, maybe you'll remember...

Keep in mind, he was a LITTLE upset at the time...

The thread title was "Fuck Wrestlezone"

someone else said:
lol

i got docked a point for making a 4 paragraph post... and they said it was spam... are you fucking kidding me? lol

i mean... it was literally like 4 paragraphs of atleast 4 lines... and the ********ers think thats spam??

im bout to give them spam... fucking fucks...
It was a new thread at the time... in the WWE section asking what ur fave big 4 ppvs were... i was the 2nd response and i listed my faves and gave like a paragraph response to each one explaining why i liked it and the main matches...
I asked who gave him the infraction, and he said he thought it was "Big Andy" or something like that. I just assumed it was you.

His post was deleted, so I never got to see it. And, it might very well have been spam, I really don't know. But, the point is that the infraction kept him from posting here ever again, and resulted in a thread on another board telling people to not post here.

Losing posters that way.

Well, you know how it is with you "good ole boys". Sitting back in your Board Room, propping your feet up, sharing your expensive wines and cigars. Conversation happens. Thought you could give some insight.

Unfortunately, you're useless. ;)

this is getting repped, an dpossibly sigged when I get home. post of the day so far :lmao:

Everyone needs to chill out. Sly, you're turning this thread into another "let's complain about past infractions" thread. This happened about a month ago too.
Oh, I think we've gotten past the upset part of the thread. And, I'm not complaining about past infractions. Like I said, the only infraction I discussed is one that has expired. I'm just using that to illustrate my point.

And, all I'm trying to say is that I think that less emphasis should go into infracting people, and more should go into trying to improve the forum. Like I noted earlier, when HBK-aholic talked about the sig, it was a win-win-win situation, where everyone came out ahead. And I think that should be attempted more often.

And trust me, Sly, there's no moderator "Good Olde Boyz" network. We debate and argue more than you realize.
LOL, oh I know, I was just kidding about that.

And, I know you guys debate and argue. I do the same thing on another forum that I'm an administrator of that doesn't even come close to having the amount of people this one does. So, if people on a small forum debate on how to run it, then obviously this one does to.

But the Good Ole Boys was just a joke.

What do you mean?
If Jake had sent you a PM, and said "Hey, Will, your posts here and here are too short and violate our spam policies. Add more to them or I will be forced to give you an infraction", would you not have begun adding more to your posts as well?

I agree with that as well. Everyone should be, and is welcome to this forum. But the rules have remained the same since long before I was ever here.
The rules aren't the problem, it's the enforcing of the rules that sometimes gets in the way of quality posters.

And, just because it WAS like that, doesn't mean it has to stay like that.

this is getting repped, an dpossibly sigged when I get home. post of the day so far :lmao:
:D

Oh, I think we've gotten past the upset part of the thread. And, I'm not complaining about past infractions. Like I said, the only infraction I discussed is one that has expired. I'm just using that to illustrate my point.

And, all I'm trying to say is that I think that less emphasis should go into infracting people, and more should go into trying to improve the forum. Like I noted earlier, when HBK-aholic talked about the sig, it was a win-win-win situation, where everyone came out ahead. And I think that should be attempted more often.

LOL, oh I know, I was just kidding about that.

And, I know you guys debate and argue. I do the same thing on another forum that I'm an administrator of that doesn't even come close to having the amount of people this one does. So, if people on a small forum debate on how to run it, then obviously this one does to.

But the Good Ole Boys was just a joke.

If Jake had sent you a PM, and said "Hey, Will, your posts here and here are too short and violate our spam policies. Add more to them or I will be forced to give you an infraction", would you not have begun adding more to your posts as well?

The rules aren't the problem, it's the enforcing of the rules that sometimes gets in the way of quality posters.

And, just because it WAS like that, doesn't mean it has to stay like that.

:D

Fair enough.

As a side note, when we make the decision on who to add to the mod staff, the biggest criterion we use is "will this person contribute a) to their section, b) to the forums as a whole. There's almost a friendly competition for who can create the most traffic in their section on the forums.

Since guys like Jonny and Jake did such a great job creating the anti-spam, anti-flame culture here, we don't have to do so much infracting, and we can focus on the positives, which BTW Sly, you do as well as anybody with your wrestling threads.

I just don't want to see another bar room thread become an old infraction bitch session. That's my only concern - otherwise, everything's cool.

I've got my opinion on some stuff, but since it's died down i won't poke this fire again.

I've got my opinion on some stuff, but since it's died down i won't poke this fire again.

You might as well just express your opinions. I would like to hear, and people didn't get particularly heated about this when it was going on(besides the new prisoner).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back