My Infraction Virginity is GONE!!!!

You're right. They don't HAVE to. But, that just proves what I'm saying. Why wouldn't you? There's only one reason not to do it like she did, and like you said you would.

I agree. But, if DIAR had just done as HBK-aholic did, then the sig would never have been an issue (theoretically). Thus, we wouldn't even have to have this talk.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

I completly understand what your saying.

however

1. its the mods discretion. we all handle things different

2. if the sig wouldve followed the rules in the first place, then the sig wouldnt have been an issue

All in all, a member of this forum in theory gets 4-5 chances, if not more to be honest.

I know for a fact I've warned people without actually "warning" them through infractions or warning infractions.

As it goes. Most of the time, barring a complete breakdown of stupidity (ie. someone saying "zCena Sux" and nothing else, in the Cena thread) a member will get a warning infraction for whatever. If he breaks the same rule again, it's his 1st infraction. Then 2nd. Then a 1 week ban, followed by a 2 week ban and a perma ban.

If a user breaks the spamming rule, but not by complete stupidity.. its a warning infraction. If he then breaks the sig. violation, its a sig. warning infraction. (unless "I'VE" been doing it wrong) Then if he breaks either rule again, it's an actual infraction.

So overall, noone has any right to complain over being banned off the site. Everyone has multiple chances to remain on the site and learn from their mistakes. And infractions DO go away.. so the points don't remain forever, either.

Im a American we always fight back.

A.) You are saying you're an American, to the WRONG person.

B.) I'm an American too, but I fail to see how that makes you anything special.

I'm not meaning to be rude, but it has seemed like you've come into this thread merely looking to see how much of the rules you can bend and get by with.

Achtung(Attention): I am not complaining, I am merely giving my view of this forum. To make it clear, I do like this forum and plan to stay here.

I don't really care about my infractions anymore, I just want to let them die out before I go back to posting more. That being said, I have never received a warning. One time my chit chat post was deleted. I was not notified, but I know it was spam because at the time I thought that Chit Chat was a bar equivalent. However, I have also received an infraction for an incident of bumping two Chit Chat threads. I understand now that it was wrong, but at the time the only reason why I didn't make the new threads instead(I knew about the rule) was because I was afraid of getting infracted for posting duplicate topics. In fact, part of the reason why I don't post often is because even though I am confident that I can make well thought out posts, I am afraid of receiving an infraction(through some kind of misunderstanding or unfortunate turn of events).
And a lot of people don't like having to worry if their posts are going to be infracted like that. Which means that a lot of people leave to find other forums, thus robbing this place of many good posters.

I do find it interesting you got infracted because you tried to not get infracted. I think that's a great example as well.

my age is 16
Wait...really?

I completly understand what your saying.

however

1. its the mods discretion. we all handle things different
I know. But why not do it the other way? Where's the harm? I understand each person feels differently, but why not do it the other way? What is the drawback?

2. if the sig wouldve followed the rules in the first place, then the sig wouldnt have been an issue
Agreed. No question that his first sig broke the rules, and that he should have read the rules in the first place. I won't argue that a bit.

But, if a mod had just take a short moment to do what HBK-aholic just did, then it prevents a further situation down the road. She did her job, she enforced the rules, and everyone came out ahead.

I'm not faulting DIAR for what he did. Let me make that clear. There's probably been several times where he could...and probably should have...infracted me for what I said to him. I don't want to make it look like I'm saying he doesn't do his job right. What I am trying to say though, is that if he had just taken a quick moment to give a short heads up, then there would be no post in the Complaint thread, we wouldn't be talking about this sig violation right now, and he wouldn't have made the second sig addressed to DIAR.

I think it's just the better way to handle things.

No. Seriously?
Yeah, that was my first thought too...

If a user breaks the spamming rule, but not by complete stupidity.. its a warning infraction. If he then breaks the sig. violation, its a sig. warning infraction. (unless "I'VE" been doing it wrong) Then if he breaks either rule again, it's an actual infraction.
I, and apparently others, have never been given that warning infraction.

So overall, noone has any right to complain over being banned off the site. Everyone has multiple chances to remain on the site and learn from their mistakes. And infractions DO go away.. so the points don't remain forever, either.
That's not really the point I'm trying to make. The point I'm trying to make is that the infractions cause a bad taste in a posters mouth, which discourages them from posting here. It drives away potentially good posters.

Thus, the overall forums suffer.

For the record, it all comes down to preference. Sly is arguing that we may have lost some good posters because the infractions are handed out too quickly. I agree but also disagree. The ones who are banned eventually (more than likely this guy) screw up four more times. Those are the types of people that simply clog up the forums and need to go. It sucks that we could have lost a potentially good wrestling poster, especially when no one even posts wrestling, but thats the small price we pay to make this forum better.

Go look at any other forum that isn't as strict. Its mindless crap. I was a member of a football forum and every other day there was a new thread asking who the best wide receiver was. To make matters worse, its always turned into a race war.

I know. But why not do it the other way? Where's the harm? I understand each person feels differently, but why not do it the other way? What is the drawback?

Agreed. No question that his first sig broke the rules, and that he should have read the rules in the first place. I won't argue that a bit.

1. why the fuck are you asking ME?? :lmao:

2. good. think that may be the first time you have ever said that to me sly

<3

And a lot of people don't like having to worry if their posts are going to be infracted like that. Which means that a lot of people leave to find other forums, thus robbing this place of many good posters.

I agree that was my point.

I do find it interesting you got infracted because you tried to not get infracted. I think that's a great example as well.

Trust me when I say that the irony was not lost on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back