• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movie/TV Show Discussion Thread (SPAM VERSION)

OMG. Tomorrow is the official day for the fall schedule to begin! Gotham, Big Bang Theory, Scorpion, and The Blacklist start tomorrow. What shows are you all looking forward to?

Барбоса;5004043 said:
Many moons ago.

It is on my Wish List to purchase.

It's oddly difficult to find in this country. There's a Dutch region 2 DVD floating around, otherwise it's Region 1 or t'internet I'm afraid at the moment.

Went to an early screening of Interstellar yesterday in my country and it was awesome!! Definitely Oscar nomination worthy. Very bold for Nolan, who will probably also get a Best Director Nomination. Acting was good and believable, but we didn't have that much of drama scenes to guarantee anyone a nomination. I enjoyed it a lot, very complicated argument of course, but that's one of the cool things about Nolan - half the crowd goes into claps and cheers, the other half scratches their heads. In the end, everybody is talking about the movie.

Gotten into some foreign films recently on Netflix. Watched Ichi the Killer, the Sound of Noise, Dogtooth and now I'm watching I Saw the Devil. Heard some pretty good things about it, so I figured I'd check it out.

Gotten into some foreign films recently on Netflix. Watched Ichi the Killer, the Sound of Noise, Dogtooth and now I'm watching I Saw the Devil. Heard some pretty good things about it, so I figured I'd check it out.

Ichi the Killer is awesome. Totally took me by surprise who Ichi actually was.

I watched Blackfish and Downloaded last night on UK Netflix. Blackfish is about the Orcas at Seaworld resorts and is pretty grim and really hard to watch at times but hearing from the former trainers was really interesting.
Downloaded is about the rapid rise and drawn out fall of Napster. What's strange is realising just how short its actual lifespan was but also how big of an influence it had on file-sharing and social media. Oh and it's directed by Alex Wright of Bill and Ted fame.

I watched Blackfish and Downloaded last night on UK Netflix. Blackfish is about the Orcas at Seaworld resorts and is pretty grim and really hard to watch at times but hearing from the former trainers was really interesting.
Downloaded is about the rapid rise and drawn out fall of Napster. What's strange is realising just how short its actual lifespan was but also how big of an influence it had on file-sharing and social media. Oh and it's directed by Alex Wright of Bill and Ted fame.
I heard of Blackfish from one of my friends (who's vegetarian) and he mentioned how he watched that, along with Earthlings. Blackfish seems like it'd be a good one, but I never intend on watching Earthlings. Haven't heard of Downloaded, but it seems like it'd e rather interesting.

On the topic of documentaries, I watched Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father a few months ago and rewatched it last week. Fantastic and emotional film in my opinion, and it remains one of my favorites.

Does anyone have a Movie/TV show DVD collection? If so, what do you have?

Futurama- I've got 'em all, and it happened naturally. I never planned on having a collection (with even my favorite shows I don't have full sets), but I just bought the DVD sets and movies as they arrived. Would love to have the game.

paget_brewster_keith_david_a_l.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/community-adds-paget-brewster-keith-747827
The sixth season of cult hit comedy Community is adding a pair of new faces to Greendale Community College.

Criminal Minds alum Paget Brewster and Enlisted vet Keith David have boarded the sixth season of Dan Harmon's revived comedy series, Yahoo and producers Sony Pictures Television announced Monday.

Brewster will portray Francesca "Frankie" Dart, a consultant brought in to help shape up the school. The actress, who more recently has explored her comedic side with gigs on Drunk History, Key and Peele and ABC's half-hour pilot Saint Francis, previously guest starred in in a January 2014 episode as Debra Chambers.

David is set as Elroy Patashnik, a retired scientist who is reinventing himself. The actor most recently filmed DirecTV's first original comedy series Things You Shouldn't Say Past Midnight.

Production on season six's 13 new original episodes will begin Nov. 17 for a debut in early 2015 on Yahoo.

The two new series regulars will certainly help fill the void after Community veteran Yvette Nicole Brown exited the series in September.
Good to finally see some news about Community. I can't wait til it comes back but it'll probably be really different than before. But oh well, just glad that it's getting another season. The world needs more Abed. Oh and Allison Brie of course.

Been rather quiet in this thread. Hmm. Has anyone ever watched Person of Interest? It's on CBS. It's worth checking out. Season 1 is used to establish things nicely while the rest of the series has been great. It's now on Season 4 and it's some of the best television I've ever seen. You should really go check it out to see what I mean. I'm surprised that no one has talked about it on here. Then again, I don't see it talked about much anyway. Very underrated, great show. Check it out. I'll give you one reason at least: Sarah Shahi.

Jam do you work for CBS? I think this is about the 5th time you've tried to promote it.
I didn't realize I advertised it that much. But it's worth it! Again I'll tell you all to check out Person of Interest! Great show, really.

Read an article about the SyFy Network going back to basics and basically revamping their programming. I'm looking to get into some sci-fi TV series so I look forward to seeing what they'll do. I know they have 12 Monkeys in the works, which looks pretty interesting. Go check out the trailer on Youtube. I also read an article that a movie in 2000 called Frequency is in the works to be a sci-fi TV show as well but not on the SyFy Network I believe. In the movie, the guy who plays the main character is also the main character in Person of Interest! Which you should check out ;)

So it's the holiday season once again. What movies are you watching to get into the holiday spirit? For me, Elf and any of the Home Alone movies are a must watch. I'm in the Christmas mood so suggest a Christmas movie for me to watch. I'm sure everyone would like some suggestions as well.

Dumb and Dumber if you just want the laughs. Or the classic Its a wonderful life if you really are in the Christmas mood.

So the SyFy Network just premiered their new show "12 Monkeys" and it's debut was a pretty good one imo. It set up the whole story really well and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. I might go back and watch the movie it's based on titled "12 Monkeys" as well but we'll see. The TV show and the movie are definitely different so I hope it's a success. Anyone else catch this show?

Too many shows & movies have non-linear timelines. All well and good when it makes sense (How to get away with Murder) but terrible when it doesn't make sense or seems unnecessary (Black Sails)

It was something that used to add to a show or movie but now every second film has it, its overkill

BLENDED - After reading so many negative reviews I still find is entertaining. It’s a family movie that every member can relate to. Though boring at first it kinda picked up when they went to vacation. Awesome movie. 7/10

How did people take Better Call Saul? It feels like Breaking Bad all over again but with a new protagonist: struggling good-guy slowly turns over time... but as we know, not to the extent of Walter. Going to need a few episodes to get settled in though (much like every other television show).

I know I've already said this but I must re-recommend Banshee. Season 3 is about half-way through and they've been absolutely killing it on all fronts. Interesting characters, great storyline and the camera/special effect techniques really drive the show home (they won an Emmy award for it). Season 1 takes a while to pick up the pace (like most shows) but once you get there, it's a kick-ass show. Season 2 and beyond is simply excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back