• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movie/TV Show Discussion Thread (SPAM VERSION)

Well personally i've gotten hooked on Matador, but thats really because I'm a football(soccer for the uncultured) fan and was a big fan of Chuck, so the spy side isnt really as comical as chuck but the sporting side is enough to give a chuckle

The World Soccer Cop has given me a very big head scratch because it sounds like the weirdest combination but I've only heard good things about the show. I might give it a shot.

Speaking of comical, just finished the first season of Brooklyn Nine Nine and it's not too bad considering the main character is from Lonely Island. Terry Crews is always funny too. I recommend checking it out.

Falina "Red" Reznikov;4948989 said:
Speaking of comical, just finished the first season of Brooklyn Nine Nine and it's not too bad considering the main character is from Lonely Island. Terry Crews is always funny too. I recommend checking it out.
Brooklyn Nine Nine is totally worth checking out. I think I laughed more than I should have which is always a good sign. Who says Andy Samberg isn't funny?

Anyone obsessed with competition shows as much as I am?

ei Hell's Kitchen, America's Got Talent, Big Brother etc.

☮ Spidey ✌;4949089 said:

Not really, in Australia it is all we get over here.

☮ Spidey ✌;4949089 said:

Not really, in Australia it is all we get over here.

Ditto.

Almost all of our prime time slots on free television channels are filled with competition/reality-based shows (except for the news) and it is completely soaked in real-life "drama" (think Facebook levels). If you want excellent shows like Game of Thrones, you'll have to fork out $75+ (AUD) monthly for a cable subscription (and that's the cheapest option). It's quite terrible over here.

Although, I do get a kick of Australian TV execs not knowing how to counter the massive amount of piracy here by raising prices to mitigate the loss of subscriptions.

I'm sitting around twiddling my thumbs waiting for Brooklyn Nine Nine S2, Arrow S3, Gotham, GoT, Silicon Valley, The Flash, Survivor, My Name is Paul Heyman and all I have to quench my thirst is Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and Matador. Is there anything else to get me through?

I'm sitting around twiddling my thumbs waiting for Brooklyn Nine Nine S2, Arrow S3, Gotham, GoT, Silicon Valley, The Flash, Survivor, My Name is Paul Heyman and all I have to quench my thirst is Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and Matador. Is there anything else to get me through?
You should totally check out Person of Interest. Sure it starts out as a simple police procedural but when you get to season 2, that's when things really get good. You won't regret it if you give this show a try. Currently one of the best shows on TV imo. Also, Modern Family is a pretty fun comedy to watch. If you liked Brooklyn Nine-Nine, you'll definitely love Modern Family.

nah i'll pass on Person of interest, doesnt interest me. Once upon a time I did watch Modern Family but i just feel its gotten flat and stale. Same as Big Bang Theory it just went tits up for me when Amy and Sheldon changed from being this weird couple to becoming more traditional idea of a couple. Amy inparticular changed from being a female Sheldon but with the urge to fit and be normal into just a regular person

Has anyone seen Guardians of the Galaxy? What a movie. I won't spoil anything. I'll just say that I enjoyed it a whole lot. It was different and the visuals were great. I think it definitely passes Captain America: The Winter Soldier as the best superhero movie released this year. It was comedic, the action was great, the characters are very likable. What are you waiting for?! Stop reading my post and go see it now!

Havent seen Guardians, refuse to goto the cinemas if it aint on a tuesday now have a busy as fuck tuesday thanks to uni so i'll have to wait and see if they do a student discount deal.

Has anyone seen the Newsroom, was on HBO i think, saw a little clip that looked alright not sure if i should download or not?

What is your favorite TV Network? There are tons out there that even I don't think I can answer this question. I think if I narrowed it down, I think the USA Network is probably the one I watch the most. They have their own shows while they run old episodes of shows like Law and Order: SVU. Plus, they just recently added Modern Family which is a comedy hit with the viewers.

So again I ask, what is your favorite TV Network?

Syfy was my usual go-to, but they've been getting a little edgier as of late and that makes me feel a little uncomfortable when I'm with the family. KnowwhatImean? Defiance has gotten more sex-crazed, and Dominion is Legion but with a lot more ass shots. The network will always be a favorite of mine but now I have to dodge shows when the little sister pops in.

I suppose Cartoon Network for it's Adult Swim slot. I gave Syfy crap for the edge, but at least Adult Swim starts up later at night and isn't in the prime time slot. HUB also plays some nostalgic shows and movies I love.

I've been watching Falling Skies, a show on TNT, and have been greatly surprised by it. Going into it, I really wasn't expecting much since me and watching shows about aliens or anything sci-fi for that matter don't really mesh. But I was really surprised to see how good it's been so far. The action scenes are pretty good and certainly keep us guessing as to what happens next.

I'd absolutely recommend this especially for those who are looking to watch a show. Any casual viewer would love this series imo. Go watch it!

Gave Black Sails a chance and enjoyed it, wish it was historicallish (if thats a word) accurate but that would remove the two main and best characters in Captain Flint and John Silver. John Silver is played by Luke Arnorld, who just ooozes charisma and also starred in the INXS biopic as Michael Hutchence, which is also a decent watch

I tried Black Sails and I just couldn't get hooked. I might give it another go when season 2 rolls around though.

I won't be touching anything new for while since a lot of tv shows are starting back up. Got a few shows like Hell on Wheels to catch up on as well as other shows like 30 Rock I have to finish.

So, I was looking on some website about future premiere dates for TV shows and there's way too many comic book and zombie TV shows returning/debuting in the latter half of 2014.

This month and next month, you have...

Z-Nation - Sep 12
Gotham - Sep 22
Agents Of Shield - Sep 23
The Flash - Oct 7
Arrow - Oct 8
The Walking Dead - Oct 12
Constantine - Oct 24

There'll be a show called iZombie, but the site didn't mention when that's premiering. And Agent Carter will premiere in Jan 2015 during the mid-season break of AoS.

Jesus.

So, I was looking on some website about future premiere dates for TV shows and there's way too many comic book and zombie TV shows returning/debuting in the latter half of 2014.

This month and next month, you have...

Z-Nation - Sep 12
Gotham - Sep 22
Agents Of Shield - Sep 23
The Flash - Oct 7
Arrow - Oct 8
The Walking Dead - Oct 12
Constantine - Oct 24

There'll be a show called iZombie, but the site didn't mention when that's premiering. And Agent Carter will premiere in Jan 2015 during the mid-season break of AoS.

Jesus.

Thou shall not speaketh a bad word about Arrow and as a result the flash

So apparently, the alternate ending to How I Met Your Mother leaked earlier on. I sure hope this video lasts longer than the first video that leaked. I've seen a fan-made version of this ending already but this video in the spoilers is said to be the official alternate ending. Plus, it comes with a new voice over from Ted, so it's probably legit. I like this ending way better than original ending.

Just copy and paste the link to your web broswer. Enjoy. Post your thoughts. Go!

http://vimeo.com/105404677

So apparently, the alternate ending to How I Met Your Mother leaked earlier on. I sure hope this video lasts longer than the first video that leaked. I've seen a fan-made version of this ending already but this video in the spoilers is said to be the official alternate ending. Plus, it comes with a new voice over from Ted, so it's probably legit. I like this ending way better than original ending.

Just copy and paste the link to your web broswer. Enjoy. Post your thoughts. Go!

http://vimeo.com/105404677

As someone who hated the actual ending, I really think they should have used this one.

As someone who liked the original ending, I guess they wanted a more emotional ending when they went with the original. I suspect the alternate cut was only made due to the backlash. It had a long and uninspired recap of the whole series that I suspect was only added to fill up for time. Just hire Bob Saget to voiceover already filmed scenes and pass it off as an alternate ending.

But I can see why some would prefer the alternate since this is a sitcom and the ending should be less depressing.

I liked this alternate ending simply because not only is it a happy ending but it makes it's viewers imagine their very own ending. It's up to the viewers to think if this was truly the end or how else could the ending have gone. It's also a very smart and coy way for the producers to challenge it's audience. Hell, I'm looking forward to How I Met Your Father. That spin-off is still happening right?

I just finished watching all four seasons of Falling Skies in a little over a week, probably 10 days or so. I was hooked from the very first episode which is really saying something because I don't really venture out into watching anything sci-fi or alien-related, I've just never been a fan. However, Falling Skies has changed that for me. Sort of reminded me of The Walking Dead but with aliens instead of zombies.

Does anyone else watch this show?

LvTJWpV.jpg

I just saw this picture from the set of the Untitled Celebrity Death Pool movie from WWE Studios. It's like a random celebrity convention. The premise has promise. I'm still holding out for No Holds Barred 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back