• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mike Killam's Spam-filled Video Game Journal

I rarely use the 3D, just prefer it in 2D.

I think stalling on Pokemon makes sense. You've got the people who bought it for OOT, people who bought it for MK, people who bought it for NSMB in the last year so once they die down BOOM Pokemon = sales increase.

When B&W2 was released in Japan they were 70% of all games sold that week.

When B&W2 was released in Japan they were 70% of all games sold that week.

See that's where I'm torn. Imagine the amount of 3DS sales if they were forced to buy one to actually play B&W2. But, I'm sure the finance teams of Nintendo and the Pokemon Company are way more equipped to make that decision than I am.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, today I picked up Pokemon: Heart Gold for $13 and I'm about to start playing it. I never got the chance to play these, as I was trying to work through Platinum (a surprisingly challenging and LONG game) when they came out. I'm always just a little bit behind... I'm really excited, as Gen II has long-since been my favorite series of PokeGames, and I hear really, really good things about the re-makes.

EDIT: And yes...that brings the number of games I still have to finish up way more than I wanted it to be. I swore at the beginning of the year I was only going to buy one game at a time, and not buy another until I beat at the least the story mode. I'm actively working on Borderlands 2, LBP Vita, and PMN HG now. And once I get my PS3 set up again (I'm still living with friends, so I don't have room to set up yet) I need to finish Arkham City, and by that point Dishonored and AC3 will be out. :/ SOO MANY GOOD GAMES THIS YEAR!!!

Well, I have a few days until WWE '13 comes out. I beat Heartgold last week, and I was going to resume playing through the Assassin's Creed series. But I decided, there's no way that's getting done before AC3 comes out.

I've had Fallout: New Vegas sitting on the shelf for a year. Guess I'll play that for the weekend. I hear really good things, and I loved Fallout 3.

I've had Fallout: New Vegas sitting on the shelf for a year. Guess I'll play that for the weekend. I hear really good things, and I loved Fallout 3.

In typical Fallout fashion, I spent about 10 minutes creating my character, and 15 minutes distributing all my stats and feats. I really like the way they went about that in New Vegas, by the way. It's still the same "you get 20 points and you have to split them where you want them", but it's still presented uniquely. And then I got about 30 minutes into walking around the first town, talking to people, before I saved the game and starting murdering everyone.

Yep. I'm playing an open-world game again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back