Final Fantasy VII Journal (Ahem...Dagger Dias)

Just finishing off FF7 myself had a quick flick through the posts and some heated debate in here! Who is everyones favourite character? (from any game)

And if you have played all of them and may find it hard to choose (as i get the feeling mr Dagger Dias may have :p) then list a top 5.

Just finishing off FF7 myself had a quick flick through the posts and some heated debate in here! Who is everyones favourite character? (from any game)

And if you have played all of them and may find it hard to choose (as i get the feeling mr Dagger Dias may have :p) then list a top 5.

FF1 - Warrior
FF2 - Firion, Leon (tie)
FF3 - Luneth in DS version, Ninja character class in NES version
FF4 - Kain
FF5 - Faris
FF6 - Locke
FF7 - Cloud
FF8 - Irvine
FF9 - Zidane
FFX - Auron
FFX-2 - Rikku
FF12- Basch
FF13- Fang
FF13-2 - Haven't played it yet.
Mystic Quest - Benjamin
Legend 1 - Male Mutant (not much to choose from there though)
Legend 2 - Taro, Dad (tie)

That's just narrowing it down to favorite by title, to do a top 5 would be damn near impossible for me, but Cloud is my favorite out of everyone. A ton of ties come up for the rest of the top tier.

Nice list. I've got 2, 3 and 5 but yet to play them, played the rest though.

How about least favourite characters?

Nice list. I've got 2, 3 and 5 but yet to play them, played the rest though.

How about least favourite characters?

Ignore 2 unless you are the type of gamer who wishes to play them all, it's the worst in the series coming from someone who has played each. 5 is fun but has some flaws. 3 is up your alley if you want a challenge (NES version) although I'd recommend the DS version over it.

Least favorites....

FF1- Black Mage probably, he has very high damage potential but needs far too much protection. Red Mage is a superb replacement up until the end, when only Black/White Mages can learn the advanced spells of their school.

FF2- GORDON. I hated that idiot for his ridiculously low health count, I hated the game's system for increasing stats enough as it was but he had a LONG way to go to catch up to my main characters, luckily he didn't stick around too long but when he replaced Layla to join the second time I was so pissed off.

FF3- Ingus on the DS, I guess.... I don't really have one. NES character classes it's probably the Conjurer. Instead of what would become the traditional Summoner type abilities, this guy had one of two relatively useless abilities get cast for the spell you chose. Say you chose Leviathan. The Summoner or Sage use the powerful Tidal Wave that this spell became known for in later games, the Conjurer instead would either use a petrification spell or a weak version of the Tidal Wave. Worthless class unless you like unpredictable spells.

FF4- Edward. The Spoony Bard actually gets decent stats if you bother to level him significantly, but unless you're playing the GBA version of the game he's not around long enough to live up to his usefulness.

FF5- Galuf. An annoying boring old man who should have been an NPC and his replacement halfway through the game, Krile, should have joined earlier in the game to be playable the whole time.

FF6- Strago. Almost as annoying as Galuf and very few of his special Lore abilities end up being as useful as the magic spells that everyone else can learn.

FF7- Cait Sith. I love the whole playable cast, but it had to be someone, and it came down to Limit Breaks, his are my least favorite.

FF8- Ward. Much like in wrestling, generic "big strong guys" bore me to tears.

FF9- Quina. Quite possibly the most annoying character in the entire series, and his/her/its special skills were a pain to learn since you had to weaken the monsters without killing them so he/she/it could finish them off to learn said skill, and then you had to know which monsters taught which skill. A major pain for those who wanted every ability.

FFX- Kimahri. I liked the whole cast, but if I have to pick someone then it's him. He doesn't talk much and it was often tough to know which path to take him on ability-wise. I perferred Auron/Yuna/etc knowing that what they started off being good at, way before the end when everyone learns everything.

FFX-2 - Paine. Horrible character who was one of the main reasons I dislike the game.

FF12- Vaan. Once again, didn't really have one here either.

FF13- Hope. His attitude during nearly the whole quest got on my nerves and he is too weak.

FF13-2 - Haven't played yet.

Mystic Quest- Tristan. Having abilities other than Life when he joins the second time would have been nice.

Legend 1- Playable Monsters. The whole system to get these guys stronger was worthless, you didn't necessarily know what they would turn into next, making the humans and mutants much more appealing to play as.

Legend 2- Same as Legend 1, although Lynn was my least favorite of the NPC guests.

Having played from only 10 onwards, it would either be Wakka from 10 or Balthier from 12. I shouldn't really like Wakka but I love the look and the accent and I actually find it cool that his weapon is a Blitzball plus his overdrives are pretty sick. Balthier is cool as a cucumber, has a gun for a weapon, has a decent backstory, is pretty versatile to play as and I just loved his running 'leading man' line.

My least favourite character is probably Hope. He's just a dick.

I love the comment about Ward, I always thought he just seemed like a wrestling type. He would be Laguna's henchman at ringside I can just see it now lol.

And a lot of understandable hate for Hope haha.

I love the comment about Ward, I always thought he just seemed like a wrestling type. He would be Laguna's henchman at ringside I can just see it now lol.

Laguna gets put into a handicap match against Seifer w/ Fujin and Raijin. Kiros and Ward would be banned from ringside by our heel GM, none other than this guy:

[YOUTUBE]CyZoe-r9qb0[/YOUTUBE]

Just got skyrim from a friend... God knows when i'll get back to final fantasy two, the best in the series so far. :blush:

Just curious, how many of them have you played if you like 2 the most so far? 2's the worst of the bunch, trust me. Well, the "real" FF2 is the worst. There's the mistranslated version of FF4 on the SNES as FF2, which is pretty awesome. If you meant the one with Firion, it's my least favorite. 1's great unless you have a bad party and I am unsure which of the others you have played beyond that.

Dagger, I started a new thread. Sorry about my lack of time to commit towards VII right now. Moving and whatnot. I don't know when I'll have my own place to set up my systems and start playing again, but I'll let you know.

Dagger, I started a new thread. Sorry about my lack of time to commit towards VII right now. Moving and whatnot. I don't know when I'll have my own place to set up my systems and start playing again, but I'll let you know.

No problem man. I saw it so I might chime in with some commentary, and I'm sure the rambling in here will keep it bumped until you get back into the game, unless you'd rather the two topics get merged.

Just curious, how many of them have you played if you like 2 the most so far? 2's the worst of the bunch, trust me. Well, the "real" FF2 is the worst. There's the mistranslated version of FF4 on the SNES as FF2, which is pretty awesome. If you meant the one with Firion, it's my least favorite. 1's great unless you have a bad party and I am unsure which of the others you have played beyond that.

By best so far i meant that i prefered it to one. Maybe its something as simple as the characters having names that added to it, but i found two alot easier to commit to.

I have from seven onwards and would put eight as my favourite and twelve as my least (one is better than twelve in every aspect but graphics) so i dont know why our opinions differ that much! Different folks and all that i guess! I'll know more when i clear two and i'l report back!

By best so far i meant that i prefered it to one. Maybe its something as simple as the characters having names that added to it, but i found two alot easier to commit to.

I have from seven onwards and would put eight as my favourite and twelve as my least (one is better than twelve in every aspect but graphics) so i dont know why our opinions differ that much! Different folks and all that i guess! I'll know more when i clear two and i'l report back!

That makes much more sense! :)

The un-named characters in FF1 make sense as a turnoff for some and it very much depends on what party you make. I did a run with Warrior, Red Mage, Black Belt, White Mage the last time I played. It's a random group but it was pretty fun. The Black Belt needs no equipment later on due to his stats so I saved money that could go toward the super expensive Red Mage and for the Warrior's equipment. If you have a circle of four friends you could name them after them, or name them after characters in other games. I wouldn't want you to miss out on an enjoyable game experience.

No matter how much I try (at least half a dozen play through's) I cannot get past 2's stat increasing system. I detest it, but I can agree to disagree, there's bound to be someone out there who likes it, I just never met anyone who did until now. If you like it, more power to you, bro! ;) 8 is definitely not my favorite but I have fond memories of it. 7, 4, and 9 are my own top tier with 6 as a close 4th. I could play them forever. 12, X-2, and 2 are my bottom tier. I only went through 12 once though, it may deserve a second chance. 13 nearly joined the bottom tier after my second play through, it's too linear and wasn't as fun the second time around. It's 4th from the bottom, but could very well round out my bottom tier as 3rd if I replay 12 and end up liking it more than I did a few years ago.

Kefka as heel GM is a great shout, can imagine it playing round the audience much like the e-mail noise from the anonymous GM.

One of the guys I work with had forgotten to put his phone on silent tonight and someone called him in the middle of a sale, just after the customer decided to buy something from us. His ringtone was the FF7 Victory fanfare. After the customer walked off I told him dude that's awesome and he agreed.

One of the guys I work with had forgotten to put his phone on silent tonight and someone called him in the middle of a sale, just after the customer decided to buy something from us. His ringtone was the FF7 Victory fanfare. After the customer walked off I told him dude that's awesome and he agreed.

This story...just changed my life. ;)

Does anyone know what these 'achievements' are in the new PC port?

It's the only thing that would make me consider parting with £7.99 to download, even though I've already got it on my PC.

Does anyone know what these 'achievements' are in the new PC port?

It's the only thing that would make me consider parting with £7.99 to download, even though I've already got it on my PC.

They're very underwhelming.

End Of Part I
Complete the first part of the game

End Of Part II
Complete the second part of the game

End Of Game
Complete Final Fantasy VII

Master Materia
Reach the maximum level of any materia

Master Of Gil
99,999,999 Gil

Top Level
Reach Level 99 with any character

Knights Of The Round
Get materia Knights Of The Round

Omnislash
Get Cloud’s last Limit Break

Catastrophe
Get Barret’s last limit break

Chaos
Get Vincent’s last limit break

Great Gospel
Get Aeris’s last limit break

Highwind
Get Cid’s last limit break

Final Heaven
Get Tifa’s last limit break

All Creation
Get Yuffie’s last limit break

Cosmo Memory
Get Red XIII’s last limit break

Slots
Get Cait Sith’s last limit break

Bahamut Zero
Get materia Bahamut Zero

Ultimate Weapon
Defeat the Ultimate Weapon

Diamond Weapon
Defeat the Diamond Weapon

Ruby Weapon
Defeat the Ruby Weapon

Emerald Weapon
Defeat the Emerald Weapon

Vincent
Get Vincent on your team

Yuffie
Get Yuffie on your team

Materia Overlord
Master all Materias

Battle Square
Start a battle in the Battle Square

Gold Chocobo
Get a Gold Chobobo

Won 1st Battle
Win your first battle

Braver
Use Cloud’s first limit

Big Shot
Use Barret’s first limit

Galian Beast
Use Vincent’s first limit

Healing Wind
Use Aeris’s first limit

Boost Jump
Use Cid’s first limit

Beat Rush
Use Tifa’s first limit

Greased Lightning
Use Yuffie’s first limit

Sled Fang
Use Red XIII’s first limit

Dice
Use Cait Sith’s first limit

Haha, most of those aren't exactly achievements, more just progressing through the game as usual!

Mastering the materias, beating the Weapons, and getting to level 99 are the only real challenges there. Assuming that this re-release is of course aimed at people who have played before, which is the whole world and his dog.

Gulp...

65451.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back