• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Square Enix's "big announcement" is...?

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Yesterday was the launch of the big Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary celebration and S.E. has promised a "huge new announcement" for PAX. Was it Final Fantasy 15? Was it a return to classic RPG style gaming? Was it something totally new and at all interesting? Was it at least a HD remake of FFVII so Dagger can quit bitching...?

Nope.

It was Final Fantasy XIII-3, AKA "Lighting Returns".

102.gif

I wonder what this movie's gonna be rated; PG-13 you think? I can't wait to only be able to play as one character - one that was mostly (and by mostly I mean almost totally completely ish) missing from the last game - in an "open world" environment on a new planet. Can't wait for that DOOMSDAY CLOCK!!!! And do you know what else I can't wait for? IGN to give it a great review and pass it off as a fantastic game with a great soundtrack, much like they did the majesty of X-2...

ANother bullshit game from Square Enix that I will not be playing. I am so beyond sick of their terrible decisions, and the critics passing them off as brilliant. They almost tanked their damn company - at one point the strongest, most dominant video game company in the world - with their failed attempts at MMO's. They've basically slapped Nobuo Uematsu in the face on several occasions. I'm just done... They've given me no reason to buy their games, and I can't even trust critics to give a decent review of it, so there's not even a damn point.

Why couldn't XIII-Vs. come out? I'm guessing because that shit actually looked fun, and mildly interesting!

Oh and how about that 25th Anniversal box set!? I was excited for about .5 seconds. All 13 core games in one collection!? NO WAY!?!?! Too bad you only get one PS3 disc, and the rest are just be re-released on their original console. You know, for all of us that still have PS1 and PS2 consoles in working condition. The only thing this box set is going to do is lose them more money and de-value the original game discs some of us have collecting value (and dust) on a shelf.

I played Chrono Trigger on the SNES again today. Fucking epic. Did the New Game Plus run-through with only Crono and Marle to get to the secret room of the dev team at the end. Secret messages from Uematsu, Toriyama and Kato <3 Square has lost so much vision throughout the years. One that I doubt it will ever get back. :(

Better than that FF7 remake that the foolish masses have been clamoring for.

They may have produced almost universal shit this past decade, but I can't help but feel some degree of respect for Square Enix for not cashing in the licence to print money which is the FF7 remake. It would either be lampooned for not being faithful to the original, or it would be lampooned for being shite on account of FF7 not being nearly as good as people remember.

I'd still play it. Then again, I'd play anything that has a Final Fantasy name on it unless it's an MMORPG or if they brought back FF2's battle system. If they began producing nothing but MMORPG's that (and only that) is what would get me to give up permanently on my favorite series.

I played Chrono Trigger on the SNES again today. Fucking epic. Did the New Game Plus run-through with only Crono and Marle to get to the secret room of the dev team at the end. Secret messages from Uematsu, Toriyama and Kato <3 Square has lost so much vision throughout the years. One that I doubt it will ever get back. :(

Easily the best of the many endings of Chrono Trigger. My personal favorite is:

The guy who pretends to reset the game. I'm sure countless people fell for that particular guy's joke thinking they'd have to re-do the final battle using only Chrono & Marle again.

The final boss without Triple Techs isn't that difficult for a maxed out Chrono & Marle, but fighting with only Double Techs is a pain. I (for the most part) never used any Doubles anymore by the time I began unlocking the Triple Techs. Dark Eternal, Delta Storm, etc are all so much more fun to use than stuff like Ice Sword.

I agree with the OP. Square Enix has sucked over the past few years and the last good thing that I've played from the company is FF 12. FF 13 was so bad that I stopped playing it after a week. I never gave thought to purchasing FF13-2. FF13-3 will probably be more of the same crap.

Chrono Trigger rocks!!

I just bought Chrono Trigger for the SNES on Saturday, haven't put it down since. Hands down my favorite RPG ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back