MLB 2012 Playoffs LD: "Who's it gonna be?"

Well Nats fans shouldn't care, their GM said they will be there next year, and the next year, and the next year, and so on, that's why they sat down their best pitcher......

Or they might have lost a game they did win.

The fact is, the Nationals were 1 strike away from winning. Strasburg would not have gotten that one strike.

That's true he may have. I'm still not sold on them sitting him down but it's over now anyway.

The Nationals had their chance and they blew it by blowing a 6-0 lead. Davey Johnson had a Grady Little moment there and I thought he shouldn't have left Storen in there for as long as he did. Still, Storen had to get the job done and he threw five balls when one strike would have won them the game.

Maybe but Strausburg would have helped them a hell of a lot.
First of all, I looked it up and it's actually Strasburg. I knew that didn't look right last night, I was just too lazy to research.

You cannot say that unequivocally, especially since he didn't pitch well in 2 of his last 3 starts.

First of all, I looked it up and it's actually Strasburg. I knew that didn't look right last night, I was just too lazy to research.

You cannot say that unequivocally, especially since he didn't pitch well in 2 of his last 3 starts.

Doesn't help the idiot manager shut him down for the rest of the year.

He didn't pitch well because he'd been told he was going to be shut down. You're in the middle of bidding for a Cy Young award and a real run at a championship, and you get told you're effectively done? He wasn't there mentally. You of all people ought to appreciate the mental argument for a pitcher's performance.

Strasburg and Gio would have won them the World Series. Easily. They threw it away on the arrogant assumption they'd have years of contention. They're taking a huge risk and there's no guarantee they will ever return to this level of baseball.

He didn't pitch well because he'd been told he was going to be shut down. You're in the middle of bidding for a Cy Young award and a real run at a championship, and you get told you're effectively done? He wasn't there mentally. You of all people ought to appreciate the mental argument for a pitcher's performance.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm also not saying you're right. Was that a possible factor? Absolutely. But if they didn't shut him down, he'd still be fielding questions about his arm, whether the Nats SHOULD have shut him down. There would have been just as large of a mindfuck that way as well.

Furthermore, you cannot discount arm fatigue either. Strasburg is young, he was pitching his first season after elbow surgery. Combine several more starts and innings, and who knows how strong Strasburg would actually be.

Strasburg and Gio would have won them the World Series. Easily.
This seems silly to me. I'm not saying Strasburg may not have made a difference, but you don't go from losing the Divisional Series to "easily" winning the World Series by adding one 6 IP pitcher.
Nationals still had a chance to win the game and blew a six-run lead. I don't feel sorry for them.

Exactly. It's not like not having Strasburg made a difference in Game 5. The Nationals had their ace on the mound, a 6 run lead, a 2 run lead with only one strike to go...Strasburg had nothing to do with them losing.

I don't understand Yankee fans. They go down 4-0 in the eighth inning and the fans leave? There are big sections of empty seats in the front rows behind the plate. It's the ALCS and you're only down by four. That's enough of a deficit to leave early? Really? Those seats must have cost thousands of dollars and you're leaving early when you're only down four?

I don't understand Yankee fans. They go down 4-0 in the eighth inning and the fans leave? There are big sections of empty seats in the front rows behind the plate. It's the ALCS and you're only down by four. That's enough of a deficit to leave early? Really? Those seats must have cost thousands of dollars and you're leaving early when you're only down four?

The behind home plate seats are $1250 each for regular season games, and probably upwards of $2500 for the Postseason.

They are not owned by fans. They are owned by corporations who want to say they have those seats. The people there don't care. It fucking sucks.

Hey look the Yankees tied it up. Ibanez hit ANOTHER home run in the ninth to tie it.
12 Hour Raul Ibanez Yankeeography Marathon tomorrow afternoon. Holy Fuck this guy is on FIRE.

To be fair, when has a team every come back from a deficit in the last inning?

Right......?

Rough for the Yankees. Jeter always seemed to be the guy in the postseason everyone could rely on and build around. Can Raul Ibanez take that role? Maybe, but it'll be tough, especially as they stare down another loss right now.

WOOO 2-0 lead with JV up next.

Glad to see that we shut them out so Yankee fans can't complain about the missed call at 2B as a crutch. Just two more guys and we're back into the WS.

I'm happy that Detroit is doing well in the ALCS, but I still have to say, I really wish we'd seen the A's and O's here.

I'm rooting for either NL team at this point to win the World Series. I like Detroit, but they are a divisional rival and all. I can't bring myself to like them that much. I won't be too upset if Detroit is the one that takes it all, though. I will be upset if the Yankees make a miraculous comeback to be the ALCS champions, however.

I just hope they clinch in Detroit and are able to use Verlander for G1. They're normally awful on the road and they somehow took 2 so 2 of 3 with Verlander/Scherzer/Fister makes me pretty happy.

Think CC will get the ball for G3 now though since you can't really expect Hughes to outpitch Verlander.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back