• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mistico signs with WWE?

We shy worth hair
http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/?p=10403

I'd take this with a grain of salt but if WWE did sign this guy then sweet jesus they just found a very profitable star. The guy is the biggest draw in Mexico. He is one of the best talents in wrestling and is athletic as hell. The only problem i have is that if WWE expects him to be a star then A) He'll have to learn english(From what I've heard he can't speak english) and B) He'll have to lose his mask which is like a kick in the face to alot of wrestlers(á la Del Rio).
Still if true then he's one hell of an aquisition.

WWE outdraws every other promotion in mexico on TV already. Mistico isn't going to make that much of a difference. Though I guess he can hang out with Incognito Hunico and Chimaera in FCW for a while before being called up.

Apparently CMLL owns the gimmick, so he'll either be called up sans mask or have to get a new one.

But then Dos Caras jr was still allowed to be masked, but WWE chose to have him come up as Alberto Del Rio

If he really has signed, I doubt they'll make him lose the mask. I assume they'll keep it on him like Mysterio. Sometimes having the mask is a draw, especially if you're a face, and he'll be the succesor to Mysterio's position once he retires. It could make for an interesting fued with Del Rio.

This would be a smart move, because WWE is kicking butt in ratings south of the border, and bringing in more lucha libre mexican (or international at all, for that matter) can only help. Not to mention he is one heck of a wrestler.

Even if they own the gimmick, he can still wear a mask which I expect will happen if this signing is true. I've never even seen a Mistico match or CMLL for that matter as I can only get AAA where I live. I'm interested to see the "Biggest Draw in Mexico" if he's heading to the WWE.

Apparently CMLL owns the gimmick, so he'll either be called up sans mask or have to get a new one.

But then Dos Caras jr was still allowed to be masked, but WWE chose to have him come up as Alberto Del Rio

I didn't know CMLL owned the gimmick. But either way, a similar mask can be made, or they can capitalize on similar names/backgrounds and give him a Mysterio-esque mask and bill them as relation/friends or just give him a similar gimmick. Either way, I doubt they'll bring him up sans a mask, in any case. He is just too well recognized.

I imagine he would keep his mask. According to Wikipedia, his name hasn't even been revealed. With that level of secrecy, it's hard to see him losing his mask.

Of that's standard stuff in Mexico. If you're in a mask, your identity is kept more secret than Superman's.

a) He doesn't need to learn English to be a draw. If they let him, his ring work will be different enough for him to get by on.

b) He won't lose the mask. WWE will want him to be their next Mysterio.

c) I'm gonna wanna see a proper source for this as we've only been hearing it for years.

d) Mysterio vs. Mistico at WrestleMania please.

a) He doesn't need to learn English to be a draw. If they let him, his ring work will be different enough for him to get by on.

He doesn't HAVE to learn English, but it would help a great deal. I can't think of any MEers in WWE or TNA who can't cut a promo (good or bad) in English. If he's good enough, he'll get over but promocutting is near damn essential in WWE.

b) He won't lose the mask. WWE will want him to be their next Mysterio.

That's most likely. WWE's recent record with masked wrestlers is 2-1 in favor of keeping the mask. Admittedly, the two who kept the masks weren't/haven't been called up but FCW counts damnit, because god knows Mistico will be down there for months anyway.

c) I'm gonna wanna see a proper source for this as we've only been hearing it for years.

Agreed.

d) Mysterio vs. Mistico at WrestleMania please.

I'm more likely to wrestle Mysterio at 'Mania this year than Mistico.

I think Coco means next year's Mania as it seems Mysterio is destined to battle Rhodes at this year's. I can imagine Mysterio walking into WM 28 as the IC champ taking on Mistico.

Oh Escobar, how he was such a big deal in FCW. Yet when it came to the main stage, he had no redeeming factors at all.

Never watched Mistico in my entire life, but I just youtubed him. HOLY SHIT SIGN HIM SIGN HIM NOW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back