• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kevin Steen signs with WWE

WGunslinger said:
Admittedly I havent seen a lot of Steen but his reputation certainly precedes himself around here. Seems like he could be a unique addition to the roster, hopefully with a proper build this guy could be a mainstay. I'm looking forward to him & Devitt, I could see both making serious impact on the mid card from the start. Lets hope they dont sit around developmental too long, they're already pretty established I just want em on Raw now!

I'd rather see him on RAW sooner rather than later, but not until creative develops a decent gimmick and introductory push. I wish creative would have at least a rough draft of a six-month plan for NXT stars when they debut on the main roster. First impression is everything, and if their debut is rushed/unprepared, you end up with another Xavier Woods.

I'm still undecided on whether I'd like to see Steen as a babyface or heel. Thoughts?

I wonder what Kevin Steen will choose to use as a finisher if/when he signs and debuts on NXT.

I'd assume for safety purposes he will not be able to use the package piledriver(even though it is likely the safest piledriver variation ever concocted) or sleeper suplex.

Some of his other options are off the table due to already being finishers for other guys on the roster- like the Deep Sea Diverticulitis(Lesnar), or the Senton Atomico(Sin Cara), or the Sharpshooter(Natalya).

I suppose a "pop-up" powerbomb could be an option, but it would be difficult to execute on larger opponents with limited athleticism. Steen doesn't use the Michinoku Driver II much anymore, but that is another possible option I guess, though Luke Harper has been using it as part of his arsenal lately.

Anyone else have any other ideas from Steen's usual bag of tricks that you could see him utilizing as a finisher?

So it looks like Steen isn't as close to WWE as some might think.

Kevin Steen is being advertised in Milwaukee and Chicago for Ring of Honor's Death Before Dishonor events which take place on 8/22 and 8/23, as he appears on the posters that have been released in the local areas for the event. According to Steen himself in shoot interviews his ROH contract expires in August but he has never said when, it was always assumed that it was early in the month. Whether this means he will be working without his contract is yet to be seen, but the presumption that Best in the World will be his final ROH event seems unlikely.

Possible change of deal with budget cut? Possibly working us? Possible his contract runs out later than anticipated?

Steen announced last night after his match with Silas Young he only had a month and a half left. ROH are said to want his final show to be at MCU Field so they can build it around Steen's final night in ROH. Hope they can get him to stay on the extra couple of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back