• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*MERGED* Mistico (Sin Cara) Discussion

Does Sin Cara will succeed in the WWE?

• Yes ! I really want to see him

• No ! Rey Mysterio is bad enough

• I have to see him first!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would be surprised if he ISN'T a maineventer. What does Vince love most? Money. Sin Cara = money. Out with the old in Mysterio, in with the new in Sin Cara. Think about it, Vince actually forked up the money to Sin Cara out of his contract in Mexico. They have held press conferences and are hyping him to death. When was the last time this treatment happened? There is no way they're putting all of this hype behind somebody if they're just gonna be a career mid-carder.

Sin Cara is gonna really bring in money for this company. In fact, I believe over the next several years he may be the only guy to rival Cena in merchandise sales. Yes, I think he will be that big. And he'll draw me in too because he's outfreakingstanding in the ring and he is extremely marketable.

I had no idea how well Del Rio would do with his vignettes. As soon as I read the spoilers that Del Rio beat Mysterio in his debut, I was thinking: "Ok, this guy is gonna be huge and be pushed to the moon." I just didn't do know how long it would take. Sin Cara might receive that kind of treatment.

Sin Cara is considered to be one of the the biggest luchadors in the world today.. and given by the promotional video aired this raw, he is going to be pushed mightily.. and good as well because as the buzz is circulating that rey mysterio is thinking of retirement very soon.. so there should be an exact replica of the role that rey has played to perfection for the past so many years now..

so if sin cara debuts in the wwe just after wrestlemania, how would you debut him, and on what show, and against whom??

Sin-Cara-Press-Event-in-Maxico-500x308.jpg

I think he'll debut on Smackdown. Mainly because he's a high flyer and Smackdown is the brand for those kind's of superstar's. And, to be honest, I think he'll be the new Rey Mysterio after Rey leaves. And RAW is stacked with main-eventers (plus with Triple H back, and the Rock might be on RAW for a few times after Wrestlemania) it's not place for a high flying newcomer like Mistico.

How I would debut him is, I would put him with a heel first and foremost (he'll most likely be a face) I would probably debut him against McIntrye, or some other heel Smackdown superstar. He'll obviously win, of course. Who know's, maybe he'll have a fued with Del Rio soon? That'll be awesome!

And also, who does'nt want Kelly Kelly for Christmas? ;)

I say on SmackDown as a face, as there is an angle already primed for him there. This is my idea for his debut. It seems like it will be Cody vs Rey at Mania, and Cody has been talking about removing Rey's mask etc etc. Have Rey and Cody face off at Mania, and regardless of who wins, Cody attacks Rey after the match. Have Cody start removing an unconscious Rey's mask when Sin Cara comes out of nowhere to make the save and show off some flashy high flying moves on Cody, driving him to the back. This accomplishes 3 things:
1. Gets Cara some exposure on the Mania stage right off the bat to get people excited
2. Starts him off with a feud against a solid midcard heel to establish himself
3. Sets up a relationship with Rey as allies which will give Cara a huge rub, especially with the kids that love Rey

my personal opinion is I would have WWE bring back the cruiserweight division. And have a single elimination competition with wrestler's from RAW, & SMACKDOWN for the next month, and have SIN CARA debut at WRESTLEMANIA in a return of the CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP match, and win. And the champion get's to pick what show he want's to defend it on. Mega-exposure, and the return of the cruiserweight division. A WIN WIN situation I think.

Initially I was going to have him side with my man Alberto Del Rio, but I'm trying to figure out a way to have him heel and facing Rey, since Rey's already faced Del Rio several times. It probably would work if Del Rio made slight statements regarding him, basically talking him up. Like, saying Rey has a brother (sorry people, I know this already has been done, i.e. Kane) or something of the sort. IDK. I don't want him to be a face, as I think it'd be much better to have a heel masked man vs. a face masked man going at it. If the tag team division mattered, then I'd say, have him & Rey be a tag team & win the titles, but it doesn't matter and thus neither does that idea. Hope whatever they do, it's a great plan. I can't wait to see him in action regardless.

He should be a face on Raw. Then he would be bringing some class to the brand!

There's not much agile wrestlers on Raw. Plus he would be given great matches with Bourne and Morrison, and he would obviously be pushed because why come if he was going to be over looked.

I voted for him to debut as a face on the SmackDown Brand. Simply because that was the brand where Rey Mysterio before him was able to succeed on. The smaller roster leads to more exposure for some of these with Jeff Hardy being the perfect example between 2008-2009. SmackDown has always been the brand where high flying wrestlers have been able to excel and prove themselves and get the amount of exposure of they deserve. So this is a major factor for why he should perform on the SmackDown brand.

The other being the most important. Like Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio (whom also was a major Mexican star previously) debuted on SmackDown and has contributed to the Latin demographic that has been booming since 2005 with the feud between Rey and the late-great Eddie Guerrero. Since the passing of Eddie, Rey has basically kept this market afloat and with the arrival of Del Rio on the roster he is also contributing to this demographic. SmackDown is the show that most of this booming audience watches and because of that factor, it just seems natural to pair Sin Cara on the blue brand with fellow Latino stars: Mysterio and Del Rio. It would certainly contribute to this new market.

It's just the better show for a star like Sin Cara to debut on all around. SmackDown has been the show that focuses more on the ring action (you cannot deny what a great show it was in 2009). He would make a great addition to the IC title picture and I'm sure that somewhere down the line after his debut he will win that title, but anyways I say debut him on SmackDown.

Also keeping him face is detrimental to this whole process. The guy has the look of a super-hero and someone the kids and the rest of the audience would love to get behind. His look makes him extremely marketable. So I say don't fuck up this opportunity by having him be a heel just for the sake of feuding with Rey. They can still have a match after a long build up and it can be on of those face vs. face match ups. This guy should not be a heel. And also shouldn't have a manager. Why would such a mysterious figure have to cut a promo in his first few months at all? He can get over by his in-ring work alone. Seriously how long was it after their debuts was it before we heard Rey Mysterio or Evan Bourne speak a word?

I said SD as a heel..

Bring him in as Del Rio's personal bodyguard (Like Kato to Green Hornet)
Giving Del Rio the "JBL Factor" and making Sin Cara looking strong taking out all of his contenders out.

A storyline could be formed with him & Rey with Rey trying to convince him Del Rio takes advantage of him and that he needs to do his Mexican Heritage proud and blah blah..

Imagine a stare down between Del Rio - Sin Cara - Mysterio with Sin Cara going through hoops on who he will help

P.S @tablekorner YOUR SIG IS AWESOMEEEEEE..

I think he'll be a great draw for Latino Americans as well as US fans alike. Not the Rey Mysterio needs help holding a fanbase, but I think it is time to start seeking someone to take over his role. He has Rey's abilities times 10. I don't think they will take much away from his character or his "move list"/abilities. If he learns his English well enough, I definitely think he'll be a great addition to the Smackdown roster.

I would love to see him and Rey or him and Del Rio. Especially since Del Rio hates the fact that they signed him.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/sin-cara-scheduled-for-raw-show-against-nexus-in-may-126225

As many of you know, Sin Cara (Mistico) has signed with 'E for a while now and I thought he would go to Smackdown and take Rey Rey's place. But, it seems he's actually coming to Raw?

I KNOW RIGHT?!

I for one have been very pleased with this decision to sign with E and if you look at his matches at the Tube, he's incredibly entertaining in the ring.

So what are the repercussions for going to Raw?

Pro

With the Youth Movement in full swing Sin Cara could very well be a super star in WWE like Del Rio. This could also mean a great push for him as well and we could see him in upper mid card and occasional main event in Raw. This also means WWE have a lot of expectation and confidence in Cara to deliver--and no doubt he will.

Con

Another potential Smackdown face going to Raw. Raw's also filled with ME'ers and unless McMahon suddenly has an epiphany that this is a wrestling show and NOT a sitcom, Sin Cara has very little chance he could be in a Championship picture.

Thoughts?

Yeah as much as I think the guy looks a greta talent and deserves a run in the main event picture at the top of WWE. I voted Smackdown because it not only needs new faces but itd enable him to establish himself firmly in the world title picture before moving over to Raw and id love to see him fued with Bourne, Jomo (i think both will be drafted), Kofi and of course Mysterio.

The WWE has invested a lot of time and energy toward Sin Cara. He's gotten huge hype from the WWE and the fact that they're bringing him in almost EXACTLY as he's always been shows that they know what they've got with him. If CMLL hadn't retained the rights to the Mistico look & name, he'd be brought in as Mistico.

I dunno anything about the guy but the fact that the WWE has built such hype in him told me a long time ago that he was going to be brought to Raw. Raw is the flagship show, it's the one that draws often the biggest weekly audience on cable television, it's the one that's live and it's the one that will allow the WWE to get the most out of their investment.

Besides once WrestleMania is over and the WWE Draft starts up, there'll be some high profile guys that will probably be moved to SmackDown!.

Ok so after hearing all of the hype and seeing all of the great vignettes on WWE programming lately, I finally decided to get on youtube and check this dude out. After spending about an hour or so there, I can honestly say I am pumped about this dude debuting, hopefully on Smackdown. All the hype about him being on Raw is likely dark matches, so I wouldn't think too much into it. They're probably just trying to attract their Hispanic audience in those areas. When he makes his proper debut, I expect it to be on Smackdown since that is where ADR and Rey are and that's where their big money feuds are.

Honestly, I see big things coming from this.

Vince is a genius businessman and he sees what is taking place in America. Hispanic populations are the fastest growing, and not only that but they pump out children like crazy. By pushing these hispanic superstars to the moon, they are catering to their eventual "main" demographic.

Sin Cara(Misticeo) is one of the best high flyers ive ever seen, watch some of his matches in YouTube, but to be honest i think he is going to get lost in the shuffle just like Evan Boure because Boure is a great high flyer but he will never reach the heights as Rey Mysterio and the same as Sin Cara.

dont get me wrong they are great in ring wrestlers and Sin Cara will properly steal the show most of the time but i really doubt VKM will book him as World Champion maybe the IC or US Champ, he will properly be involved in a an Elimation Chamber matchonce or twice for the World title but he will never hold it, the only reason Rey got to hold the title was because Eddie died and the orignal plan was for Eddie to win the Royal Rumble not Rey so it would of never happened for Rey

so overall Sin Cara will properly fall in the same category as Scott Hall, Roddy Piper, Jake Roberts and Ted Dibasie as guys who deserved to be World Champion but never was

i look forward to hearing your opinions on this

If he does reach Main Event status it will probably be years. And it definitely won't be before Mysterio is gone for good. For example... Del Rio's persona filled a void left by a cross between Eddie Guerrero and JBL... Proud Mexican Aristocrat with a mean streak who likes to hurt people. At the moment there is no void for Sin Cara to fill, and so Rey Mysterio's demographic will be split.

They aren't going to bring him in and straight off the bat make him a main eventer.

He'll start in the mid-card and move his way upwards through the ranks like almost everyone else has. He'll be a main eventer, come hell or high water it will happen. If you think differently, you need to be shot in the head as your brain isn't able to piece together simple facts.

Vince McMahon payed for Mistico. He had time left on his CMLL deal, and Vince paid CMLL to let him negotiate with the WWE. Secondly, he's going to bring so much attention from Mexico that WWE will become the number one watched professional wrestling company in Mexico. They got a guy who is seen as a legend in Rey Mysterio, a former main eventer in Dos Caras Jr (Del Rio) and now the biggest star Mexico had.

I watch Mexican wrestling, not weekly as its impossible, but I watch about two CMLL shows through uTorrent a month + an odd PPV here and there, so to the nay-sayers let me put it like this.

Mistico, Sin Cara or whatever you wish to call him, is the John Cena of Mexican wrestling.

He has sold more merchandise in Mexico than Cena has sold in North America. Add that, which makes WWE wet in the pants, and the fact he's one of the best wrestlers in the world, and WWE will push him up our assholes.

If you think Mistico won't make it, you have no idea about wrestling. None at all.

If he does reach Main Event status it will probably be years. And it definitely won't be before Mysterio is gone for good. For example... Del Rio's persona filled a void left by a cross between Eddie Guerrero and JBL... Proud Mexican Aristocrat with a mean streak who likes to hurt people. At the moment there is no void for Sin Cara to fill, and so Rey Mysterio's demographic will be split.

Or if Jason Scene is correct, Sin Cara will blow over-the-hill Mysterio out of the water and not even the kids will be stupid enough to deny what will have happened. (IDK, kids are pretty dumb) :shrug: No se

The RAW after Wrestlemania 27 will debut one new name, one new character and one new force in the WWE!

Sin Cara

Sin_Cara_Joins_WWE_2011_display_image.jpg

Now we know that his brand will be RAW, we maybe have known that this guy can "fly" and do wonders in the ring so he will have a fan basis right from the beggining!

He was suposed to be learning how to speak english, and i am sure that he still doesnt know!! So we should not count with him doing promos in the next year!!
Use your imagination guys and lets debate some points.

1) Does Sin Cara has what it takes to dominate WWE?
2) How are you expecting is TV Debut? And against who?
3) If he cant do a promo, should WWE get him a manager?
3.1) If yes, who?
4) Possible feud that he should have to estabilish himself has a force in the WWE.
5) Should he get a hiper-push or being built since fights against guys like Curt Hawkins (withouth any direspect for him).
6) Your opinion about him (what you want)

Please make sure that you point out what are you talking about!

Thoughts, start ... NOW !!! :rolleyes:

I don't generally keep up with Mexican wrestling, so the fact that I've at least heard of Sin Cara, AKA Mistico, gives a good indication of just how big of a start his guy is in Mexico.

I've heard a lot of hype about this guy and the vignettes the WWE has shown confirm that this has Spider-Man like agility and athleticism. Aside from that, I'm just simply gonna have to wait and see what he can ultimately bring to the table.

Sin Cara is going to be labeled a spot monkey from the start I think and, generally speaking, spot monkeys don't make it to the top of the mountain in American wrestling. If all Sin Cara brings are about a hundred different variations on the hurricanrana and suicide dives, then I'm sure how strong his chances for long term success are going to be.

I think that if Sin Cara is able to bring in some solid mat wrestling/submission abilities into the ring then that, coupled with his Lucha Libre style, then his chances for long term success are going to be stronger. If he's able to learn English and at least cut a decent promo, that's only going to help matters. Otherwise, flipping and flopping around all over the place simply aren't going to make him a main eventer, at least not here in the United States.

I think Sin Cara will most certaintly become a main eventer in short time. He has the recognition of the Mexican and Latin American audience already and all he needs to do is establish himself as a main eventer in the eyes of all those who don't know him. In his vignettes he clearly is shown as a person of high athletic ability and I think this does wonders in trying to get him over with the crowd. He is the masked superstar that will be the future of masked superstars in the WWE. Sin Cara has proven that he can set up severqal amazing spots, and if you have ever watched his Mexican matches then you can also say he has the grappling ability, as well as the ability to use strikes. Generally I believe that with his Power Ranger esque look he will easily connect with the youth. Hopefully he learns English in time for this Monday...The reports say he will be at Raw however I feel that my theory of a secret match at Mania is possible so maybe he will be at Mania. Anyhow I am uber excited for his debut and hopefully so is the entire WWe universe.

Well, I doubt this, but there has been talk of WWE throwing in a last minute match between Drew McIntyre and Kofi Kingston. Maybe they could add Sin Cara in the mix for a quick 5-7 minute triple threat match to show off his talents. I know that sounds dumb, but I wouldn't mind it.

He should use "Rey Misterio, Jr.'s" old WCW theme, which was awesome! Sin Cara in English means "without a face" or "faceless". Back then, Rey Rey was basically the same way and didn't talk on the mic and just used his ability in the ring to get him over, which would work well with Sin Cara as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l12IoYBxwIw

Also, I would love to see a "fued" between Daniel Bryan and Sin Cara. Neither guy would have to be heel or face. Just go out their and compete for say, the US title or even ship both to Smackdown and compete for the Intercontinental. The problem is, would the crowd care? If both guys gave it their all like they always do and put on entertaining matches, like they also always do, then the crowd would eat it up.

Initially I was skeptical when I head about him, for no other reason than the WWE typically isn't into his style of wrestling. But, after the vignettes that have focused on just that type of wrestling, it gives me hope.

I will echo what some others have said though. A lot of his success will depend on who he is paired with. A hurrincanrana (spelling?) looks great and all; only if the person it is delivered to sells it right. I have seen way to many where the guys falsl of the person neck and then the other guy just does a front flip. Looks silly.

That being said, I think there are a number of guys he could work well with. Obviously Mysterio and Del Rio jump to mind due to similar backgrounds, but I think he would have tremendous matches with the likes of Bryan, Rhodes, McIntyre, Morrison, Kingston, Christian, and others of that type.

Bottom line, I am excited and holding out hope he lives up to expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back