• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*Merged* The Miz's Future - KEEP IT IN HERE

This is the perfect opportunity for The Miz to steal Snitsky's old catchphrase IT WASN'T MY FAULT! Anyhow, I'd be scared if someone the size of R-Truth did a crazy move off the top rope and expected me to catch him. There should have at least been one more superstar to help Miz catch him.

HHH tore his quad by just walking around in the ring. Also, didn't HHH injure Randy Orton (a much bigger star than R-Truth) by blocking an RKO and throwing him over the top rope to the outside where nobody caught him? Where was the heat on HHH?

Hey, if they decide to knock Miz down the ranks, he is a young guy and can do whatever he wants to do. He went from the runner up on Tough Enough to main eventing Wrestlemania 27 and beating the most popular wrestler of all time, John Cena. He's already reached the pinnacle of sports entertainment.

Sorry Hogan, Rock, Flair, Austin etc., but you aren't even close to being as popular as John Cena. If Cena's main audience were allowed to signup to Facebook and Twitter, he'd probably have more likes and followers than Lady Gaga. So go ahead WWE, fire the Miz if you want to. Somebody call his mama and make her tell him to just quit WWE. TNA will try and grab him up and he can say whatever the hell he wants and be #1 on the mic over there.

I don't recall The Miz ever having any serious injuries either, so he can just be smart like The Rock and move away from WWE while he is young and already reached the pinnacle by main eventing Wrestlemania and leaving with the WWE championship. Any way you look at it The Miz's future is gonna be AWESOME.

Miz is far away from becoming Mr. Kennedy. Firstly Kennedy was injury prone...second he cause injury to others.

Miz is NOT 100% to blame for last night. He dodged out of the way like he was supposed to, but it looked like Truth overshot the turn. Should Miz have caught him at that point? Probably. But he may not have known how far off Truth was.

Shit happens all the time and WWE is getting to a point that when things go wrong, they look to blame everyone else. It's not Miz's fault for Survivor Series numbers being low, its crappy booking.

When Miz starts injuring others in matches, missing/botching moves that cause harm, stiff selling, gets yelled at by Orton, and fired from WWE...then you can start to compare him.

He's Vince's future...his bankable star and go-top guy for interviews on talk shows and guest spots on TV. Miz will sit in the doghouse for a while and pay his dues. Part of todays wrestlers issues lie in not paying dues and having some things handed to them.

He's Vince's future...his bankable star and go-top guy for interviews on talk shows and guest spots on TV. Miz will sit in the doghouse for a while and pay his dues. Part of todays wrestlers issues lie in not paying dues and having some things handed to them.

That's a great point. The Miz is known by the mainstream media and non-wrestling fans from his Real World days and I think that's one of the reasons why WWE has chosen him to do the TV spots and what not. He's recognizable to non-wrestling fans and knows how to deal with TV personalities and media. He's a guy that went from TV to Wrestling rather than wrestling to TV and movies.

am i the only person in the world that thinks the mistake on raw is being taken way to seriously. Granted it was his mistake but it happens in every promotion all over the world on a regular basis! this type of mistake is a very common one in my eyes and its not the first and wont be the last time it happens.

as for being in the doghouse? i dont really believe that. It seems like since survivor series, creative have struggled to come up with anything interesting for him. He had a slight edge when he started taking people like jomo, truth ect out around christmas but that fell short.

He will probably go to smackdown this year and be WHC before the end of the year.

I think it's definitely premature to label Miz as being in the same boat as Kennedy. Kennedy was a guy that they had big plans for but his problem was the fact that he had to take extended periods of time off, usually due to injury. He was out of action for close to half of the roughly 4 years he was signed to the WWE. Whenever he came back, they had to start from scratch with him as the momentum he'd had was gone. Then, due to one thing or another, he'd have to miss more time in the midst of things. The stuff with Orton was just the last straw I think.

Miz has done a lot more than Kennedy did in WWE quite frankly. Miz is a guy that people wrote off as a joke and worked extremely hard to pull himself up to being one of the top stars in the company. He worked for years to pull it off and eventually became the longest reigning WWE Champion in roughly 4 years. He's always done whatever's been asked of him, he's tirelessly promoted the WWE on the radio, during television appearances, etc. and he's managed to stay healthy.

Like every other wrestler, Miz has fans that are going to hate on him. It goes with the territory as not every fan is going to be into any wrestler. But Miz has proven himself overall to the WWE. He might be in some hot water for a while, but botching one spot isn't going to be a career killer for him.

As everyone's been mentioning, the Miz is way higher up on the WWE totem pole than Mr. Kennedy ever was. Mr. Kennedy was a lot of hype with not much to show for it, whereas Miz DOES have numerous accomplishments so far- WWE champion, U.S. champion, WWE tag team champion, etc. Plus, he's main-evented Wrestlemania with none other than John Cena. That also speaks VOLUMES about how the WWE views him, especially in the long-term.

The main reason why the OP has compared Miz with Mr. Kennedy is most likely due to the fact that Miz was just involved last night with R-Truth's injury, and was technically to blame for the incident. And, of course, we all know that Kennedy's last straw in the WWE came after he hurt Orton in a match. I can understand the comparison, but they are no where to close to each other. Look at it this way: Miz (top star) hurt R-Truth (midcard), wheras Kennedy (rising star) hurt Orton (top star with huge pull in the company). See the difference? The established guy will always have the advantage.

So no, Miz isn't going to be the next Mr. Kennedy, he won't be severely punished for this. But you know what is an interesting question: Would R-Truth have been fired if he had hurt Miz? I'm not so sure, but he might have been punished in some way due to the Miz's position in the WWE.

In conclusion, the Miz (and Orton) is an extremely valuable commodity to the WWE, whereas R-Truth (and, before he was fired, Mr. Kennedy) isn't.

This is beng blown wayy out of proportion, yeah Miz made a mistake but its pro wrestling this kind of stuff happens al the time, Owen Hart SCSA anyone? Miz will be just fine, in fact he will be champion again before the years out here why:

R-Truth and the Miz are friends its unlikely Truth will make too big a deal out of it and from what iv read its looking like he's not seriously hurt anyway.

Miz has already proven himself in a good reign as WWE champion, through lengthy US and tag reigns and now stands as arguably WWEs top heel. He is way over with the crowd, a favourite of VKM and one of the WWEs biggest draws atm behind Cena, Punk, Orton and Jericho.

Finally as has already been mentioned Miz is terrific in interviews and at handling press and mainstream media. He is in demand in appearances for talk shows in which he always charismatic and markets WWE extremely well and other stuff like make a wish and kids award ceremonies eg Nickolodeon and Cartoon Network. The guy does the most external work and is the most mainstream marketable thing WWE has on the current roster that isn't Cena.

I'm not saying Miz shouldn't get a rap on the knuckles for his mistake but the guys too important, too over and has already achieved too much success to be held down for a large amount of time.

Miz isn't done in the slightest way at all, last night's mistake in the end wasn't serious and may just inevitably be a small simple blemish on his career.

I don't know about how much Vince likes the guy but by how great of a year he is coming off it's easy to infer that he has a even brighter future ahead of him. At first I didn't like the Miz but by May of last year he had grown on me and is one of my favorites in the company today. My opinions aside, the botch last night was nothing major in terms of the outcome, it could have ended up a hell of a lot worse. Who's to blame is anyone's guess but will it hold Miz back in anyway? No he is still in the Elimination Chamber and one of the top heels on Raw. That alone should signify that it wouldn't be easy to put Miz in "doghouse" or degrade him to Superstars.

As far as jobbing to Kofi goes, it's Miz simply paying his dues. Everyone has to job at one point, there is no superstar that wins all the time and is infallible to loosing (despite what Cena haters might say). Kofi simply needed a bit of steam heading into the chamber match so he wouldn't seem so out of place, plus who knows what is in WWE's agenda for Kofi? One simple loss to a mid-card superstar isn't going to devolve your career to the point of being put on Superstars for god sakes? Talk about making a hyperbole reaction out of a minuscule loss. Like I said the accident could have been a lot worse but jobbing to Kofi is end for the Miz? Don't be silly.

Miz has a gleaming future in the company anyway you look at it, who knows he may just be Cena-successor come the next generation of superstars.

I have to agree with this. I mean, if WWE hadn't had as much faith in The Miz as much as they did before then hey would've dropped him already. Him being in EC is asign that he's stil in the green. He adds star power so of course they need him. It's been said Vince was high on The Miz for his work goig into Wrestlemania 27 & then.

It seems like the 'E's just punishing him for the time being even though the WWE's been known to overreact at times. But things are likely to get back to normal going towards Wrestlemania of this year. Examples being MITB, somwhere in the WWE Title match, with the The Miz being included in it. So The Miz isn't "finished" he's just "re-starting"

Not in the slightest, I still find it mind boggling that he's getting the blame for survivor series low buyrate, he wasn't the only person on the card lol. But back to the point, theres to much stock invested in miz for him to be like kennedy, he's already accomplished more then kennedy ever did.
And lance storm said it best after the truth botch, that truth overrated a little bit and that it doesn't make miz a dangerous worker, just a shitty character
So no he won't be done with the company if anything he'll sit in the doghouse AGAIN lol and pay his dues and he'll be back on top at some point in 2012 I'm sure. He's to marketable for them to get rid of him, he's going to make them a lot of money in the next decade for sure

No and for many reasons. the top reason is that The Miz didnt violate a WWE Wellness Policy and didnt get suspended for 30 days. Mr. Kennedy isnt in WWE for many reasons. 1) he almost seriously hurt Orton, now i know Miz botched an R-Truth spot, but like i said, he didnt get suspended for violating a major policy. 2) Mr. Kennedy was being pushed to the moon, but he was both injury prone AND he got suspended. Thanks to Kennedy, his money in the bank case was taken away last second and he also changed the McMahon's son storyline. i dont see Miz doing that, plus he's already got a big push.

For one the miz being blamed for Survivor series is ludricious to say the least.. That was not his fault at all. But that spot for truth could bite him in the rear end!! It goes something like this if a company wants to blame said employee for whatever reason all they need is a microscope of a reason to do so. Stuff happens all the time wrestlers get hurt misscommuication happens its the business!! Its not miz fault at all its just i think the E is looking for a reason to blame someone!! I am not saying their purposely targeting the miz but it seems like it first the lowbuy rate for SS and now this!! Its safe to assume he will be traded to smackdown in the near future and buried in mid card status. Its a shame the miz busts his ass hes good at drawing heat and is a good wrestler!!

I doubt it.

Yeah he missed the catch last night but after Gregory Helms and another former WWE star who I can't recall off the top of my head were giving him shit over it Truth stepped in and defended him.

The SS buy rates it a scapegoat for poor writing and booking, plain and simple. A lot of people who were excited about Rock's return were probably turned off by him teaming with Cena, by putting him in a match that you could protect him in and basically implying he wouldn't be used much, and putting him in a predictable match. Just a week or two before Cena won against both men fairly easily.

Plus the rest of the card wasn't exactly stacked. It was around the time Bourne was first suspended so Air Boom was put on hold, Ziggler defended his US title against Morrison who was still on the losing streak IIRC, and Del Rio was champ at the time

The SS numbers are a scapegoat. That and the botch Monday night don't put him in that boat.

With Kennedy it was a combination of long injury layoffs and politics that lead to his getting shit canned. Had Miz missed someone like Orton then maybe I could see him falling hard but Truth doesn't have that level of pull and he even defended him on Twitter after the match

That was serious. He just stood there and did nothing to protect him. Thats the first rule of wrestling. Always attempt in everyway to keep the other guy from getting hurt. To me it seemed Miz cared more about not letting himself hurt instead of attempting to get in place for his spot. Yes botches do happen, but that was bush league.

As far as Miz simply paying his dues, Miz main evented Wrestlemania. You pay your dues for years before you even get that chance. You dont pay dues AFTER you become a WWE champion and headline the biggest PPV of the year

The possibilities of that spot could have been disastrous yes, but take into account what Johnny Ace has been saying as of late "tell me a successful man that hasn't made a mistake". I am pretty sure that since WWE has really allowed Miz to shine in the last year they trust in him not to make that formidable mistake again. We all know that Miz isn't stupid, if he was he wouldn't have main evented Wrestlemania last year. He is very unlikely to make that blunder again.

Guys in the wrestling business pay dues all of the time, it's not something that ends as soon as you go big time. Think about John Cena, he pays his dues to remain on top. You think media appearances, autograph signings and house shows aren't sacrifices he has to make? That right there is paying your dues to keep your spot. What if Miz decided to stop jobbing once and for all? I seriously doubt his career lifeline would linger in Vince mind long afterwards. He did what he was told to do or "paying dues" and if that was jobbing to Kofi then so be it.

As almost everyone else has said, he is most certainly in the doghouse at the moment, but only for the moment.

There are few things I'd like to point out. First, he is far from the first wrestler to ever botch a move or miss a spot and continue on to become a huge success. I remember Edge injuring Savio Vega's neck not too long in to his first run, and it didn't mean the end for him.

Secondly, Miz is a promotional machine, second only to Cena when it comes to willingness to plug the product on camera. Remember Wrestlemania last year, and the months leading up to it? That kind of willingness to do publicity on top of the crazy touring schedule isn't the easiest thing to come by.

While Miz may have been in line for a big push, the fact that he isn't receiving it now isn't the end of the world. It may be a blessing in disguise. His character has grown stale, and some time on the mid card may offer him and creative some time and avenues to tweak his character, perhaps even move to a babyface turn in the not so distant future.

The future is still bright for Miz. I'm sure he will still have a WM spot, most likely in the rumored MITB match. I think people just need to relax. ALOT of main event players have gotten in much worse trouble, only to headline pay per views a short time afterwards.

Miz has been taken a lot of flake lately because of the Survivor Series buyrate but if anyone's to blame it's WWE for absolutely screwing up the Survivor Series show, the main event didn't feel like a quality main event, WWE should have Rock/Cena in the same team along with maybe HHH, Punk and Ryder or whoever against 5 heels and basically had the match go to Rock/Cena vs 4 or 5 heels and them win, at least it might have looked better on paper and people expected the 5 vs 5 bout.

Miz not catching Truth last night, I saw it I wasn't sure if Truth just dived more to the side and Miz couldn't catch him or not but Miz looked pretty fn bad for not even trying to catch Truth.

Miz won't be released he's a good heel and TNA could do with someone like him especially since he beat their top two guys at the Royal Rumble and Wrestle Mania in the same year Miz going to TNA and bragging about it, na Ken made mistakes and was too injury prone so WWE saw him as deadwood and got rid, had they not he wouldn't have done much in his time there, Miz on the other hand does A LOT of promotional work for WWE and that reason alone will keep him around, plus they've invested a lot in him since October 2009-Currently.

The Miz hasn't won a match since early December so it's going to be hard to tell if he's in the doghouse unless he gets eliminated in a few seconds in the EC.

The heat for last night is not for the botch, it is for the fact he made a choice to protect himself and let Truth hit the floor instead of cushioning as much of the dive as he could and taking an awkward hit, when he realized he couldn't get into position in time to make the full catch.

The thing with Miz is he is a utility heel, so long term I don't see this hurting him too much as his role is that of a useful workhorse and losing matches isn't really a big deal as he has never been booked as credible, his heat comes from him being a colossal douchebag, wins and losses don't really matter with a character like his.

Imagine being the Miz, going to WM to face the biggest star in wrestling today, John Cena, dating the hottest woman in wrestling, Maryse. Things were good for this guy

Then he gets depushed, then his girlfriend is fired/leaves, then he is blamed for SS numbers, then his "manliness" is questioned and he is made to look like a weakling. And now doing the absolute biggest no no's in this industry, being unsafe.

Everything started in that WM match against Cena which was a massive dissapointment, nobody expected a mat classic but it was bad by "entertainment" purposes.

I fully expect Miz to be in the midcarder for the next year or 2. I doubt he will ever main event WM or do anything significant again. If guys like Wade and Ziggler get on top then there effectivly wont be room for Miz

Well when he jobbed to Kingston two RAWs ago I kind of had the feeling he was in the doghouse. You don't job like that as a star they had a major push planned for. Now with the botched spot I think it will be a while, if ever, he's given a push. The Survivor Series blame is complete nonsense as it really no one cares about a Cena/Rock tag team.

Every time someone loses fair and square its considered a job? How about a push for Kofi because of the whole Bourne thing? Got Kofi a solid win against a guy who is perceived as a main event star and it didn't hurt Mizs character in anyway...That WAS NOT a job.:fu2:

No.I've watched and re-watched that spot multiple times. Miz had his eyes on Truth the whole time. From the moment Truth prepped the jump until when he was in the air, Miz was looking up at him. Once he was in the air though, Miz did a kind of shift to the right and then kind of shoved Truth away rather than catch him. There's no denying that was Miz's error.

I'll have to try finding a video of the segment somewhere, I missed the replay. When I watched it live my first thought was the Miz didn't see him coming.

That was my first thought, anyway I'll find it and watch it again and see what I can make out.

OK I found the video and I was wrong, Miz definately saw him coming. Something still don't look right though to me he is semi looking up at him, he sees him launch over the rope then he is looking at the floor and doesn't really move except for his arms which almost look like he is pushing Truth away (kinda odd).

I don't think it will affect Miz, it could have been a lot worse and I'm sure he'll pay a small price for it but it shouldn't hurt him to much.

I'd like to see it added to the Truth / Miz storyline.

Truth: "Little Jimmy isn't pleased with you Miz!"

Miz: "Really? Really? Really?"

Truth: "You should have got got! when I launched over the top rate at you fool!"

Miz: "You think that I, a former WWE champion is going to stand there and let you launch yourself at me? Really?"

Or something along them lines :)

okay lets be honest the Miz has one of the best work ethics out there. Perhaps even better than Cena and if you remember alot of the roster didn't want to get in the ring with Cena because he wasn't doing things right. It takes time and this really is an unfortunate situation for the Miz. Truth is not going to be blamed because he"s the one that almost got severly hurt and Miz wasn't. As much as i can not stand his on camera persona Miz gets the job done. I think creative can do a better job with him and will soon! He needs to be a face for awhile and this maybe their ticket to shuffle him away for a bit and do that. As far as jobbing for Kofi, thats not true either. Kofi needs the push to put him back in the main stream after the evan bourne debacle. When the dust settles Truth is fine, Miz is not being fired, and Kofi gets some much needed attention since Bourne screwed up creatives plan for the tag titles and Jomo is gone and he is truly the only one on the roster that creative can use to replace him. I would love to see Miz and Kofi team up down the road when they really start working the tag division again.

Miz aint nowhere near being finished, i think the whole R-truth spot was planned, cuz that move has been done for years and years, maybe its just something to get him out of EC or something, i dunno. but the Miz pretty much ran Raw last year, so i dont see him goin anywhere soon, but if they really wanna punish him, send him to smackdown lol.

No, he's not done. He'll probably get a little bit of shit duty working gimmick matches with Santino or something.

Then

The WWE will turn this whole thing with R Truth into an angle, and the next feud for these guys and it pretty much writes itself. Of course, one of them will have to turn, but Raw could use another mid level face. It'll all work out in the end for both guys. You'll see, some shit will happen at EC to start the turn for whoever is going to go face.

Honestly speaking I am a Miz fan. I am a fan of his work. But lately "The Awesome One" has been garnering alot of backstage heat. Some of the heat he is recieving is his fault (The Botch) while some is not (SS 2011 sales).

I respect The Miz very much he is a damn hard worker. If you look at his Raw debut in 2006 and compare it to his work now you will think your looking at somebody else.

But....

I never really felt like he was a main eventer he just had that mid card feeling to him.

If your wondering what my thoughts are on the fact that The Miz is going back to the midcard I feel like It can be a very good thing honestly.

While I am not usually a big fan of main event superstars going to the mid card division I believe this could help The Miz in the long run.

Look at Dolph Ziggler he climbed the Smackdown ranks he started out small then slowly progressed and he had an incredible Intercontential Championship reign. Towards the end of 2010 he was Smackdown's top heel and he embarked on a feud with Edge with a few good matches. Dolph Ziggler captured the World Title (Despite the fact that it was for 11 minutes) and he was "fired" and moved to Raw and began at the bottom again and worked his way back up to the top he had an incredible US Title reign and he slid his way back into the main event but this time on Raw.

You see? Dolph Ziggler wasn't exactly ready for the main event status around the end of 2010 and early 2011. But quietly going back to the midcard can really help Miz 's career just like it did for Mr.Ziggles. The Miz could be drafted to Smackdown in the upcoming draft and he can start at the bottom (basically winning squash matches) then move on up to the midcard scene (challenges and wins the IC title) begins to do well on Smackdown (he improves in the ring since Smackdown is the "Wrestling" show" and he has a lengthy reign and then if he's ready he can enter back into the Main Event.

Just like this worked for Ziggler it can also work for The Miz. The Miz can also establish a few new characteristics like picking up a badass edge to him (maybe he can grow facial hair) I don't know something to make him look more tough and to be taken seriously.

Because honestly ALOT of people cannot take Miz seriously as a "tough guy" ALOT of people think they can kick his ass.

I remember in 2010 seeing articles on every Wrestling site saying The Miz is the next face of the WWE and stuff like that.

Well if The Miz was to be the next "face" however you percieve that he needs to distance himself from everybody else.

The Miz potrays himself as the basic arrogant, egotistical typical heel that everybody is.

The Miz needs to create a new character and hopefully can do that if drafted to Smackdown. Like "The Iceman" personna that was being teased in December.

The Miz needs to look like a "Star" and hopefully can do that if he goes back to the Mid Card.

I know alot of wrestling fans are probably going insane over the thought of Miz being a mid carder but honestly people should try looking at it in a different perspective.

This can seriously help The Miz in the long run and if The Miz goes to the blue brand in the draft he can hopefully improve on his in ring skills while he's there. Because if he's a main eventer he needs to be able to go in the ring.
A trip to Smackdown can really help him in that aspect.

So I have a few questions.

1) What are your thoughts of Miz going back to the mid card?

2) What did you think of my idea for Miz if he does take a trip to the mid card?

3) If Miz becomes a mid carder should he stay on Raw or move to Smackdown?

4) Do you view The Miz a "credible" main eventer at the moment?

Please and Thanks for checking out my thread. Hope You Liked It.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back