The Next Draft..

#BabyFace

**The.Best.In.The.World**
Ok...Here's my first thread. Thought it might be interesting.

To put it simple, what do you want to see move at the next WWE Draft?

Here's Mine...

1.) Miz to SD... I think Miz should go to SmackDown. Give him the chance to be at the top of a brand. Give him the WHC title. I dont know now since he is in hot water but I think it could be good for Miz.

2.) Cody Rhodes to RAW - I want Rhodes to RAW and hopefully having the I.C. title. I would like to see the title back on RAW. Then get the U.S. title on SD.

3.) Dolph Ziggler to SD - He needs to drop Vickie and go to SD. This could be a big move for Ziggler. Send him to SD, let him be in the main event and Sink or Swim. This will let WWE know if Ziggler is truley ready for main event status.

4.) Wade Barrett to RAW - Some of you may disagree with this but I want it. Barrett is the only main eventer on SD I can see holding the WWE Title (Besides Orton or Sheamus) but guys like Bryan,Rhodes,Big Show,Henry etc. cant hold the WWE title.

So...Who do you wanna see move in the next draft?

To be perfectly honest, I think they have to do something a little bit more surprising than just a simple draft this year. The SuperShow aspect of RAW now has made the brand split far less important than it used to. In fact, aside from the fact that each brand has its own titles, there really isn't that much of a split at all anymore. So I think that if they do another draft, it's going to mean a hell of a lot less and have a lot less impact when we know that any guys that go from RAW to Smackdown, can just show up on RAW anyway still.

I'm expecting something a little different this year, for that reason. So what I want to see at the next Draft is an entire new Draft concept altogether.

I like your selection and your first thread well done!!! However with super-Raw will there even be a draft this year.. or if there is, will it matter as the big names will be on Raw anyway...

First of all please don't trade Big Show again, he gets traded every year, it's now a running joke.

I'd like to see all the sports entertainers on Raw and all the wrestklers on SD. SD is pre-recorded and sometimes we can't help but find out the results, but we tune in because the matches are must see.

So I would love to see:

Cena, Orton, Barrett, Sheamus, Henry on Raw

Punk, D-Bryan, Ziggler, Swagger, Kofi, Cody, Rey, Del Rio on SD!

To be perfectly honest, I think they have to do something a little bit more surprising than just a simple draft this year. The SuperShow aspect of RAW now has made the brand split far less important than it used to. In fact, aside from the fact that each brand has its own titles, there really isn't that much of a split at all anymore. So I think that if they do another draft, it's going to mean a hell of a lot less and have a lot less impact when we know that any guys that go from RAW to Smackdown, can just show up on RAW anyway still.

I'm expecting something a little different this year, for that reason. So what I want to see at the next Draft is an entire new Draft concept altogether.

Good Point. Maybe they will just finally put the rosters together already. I dont know but I hope something good happens, I look forward to the draft each year

I feel that a draft is pointless now with the Raw Supershow as mentioned above. I think that the shows be combined and drop Smackdown from tv or have it dedicated to the NXT guys as well as guys to fine-tune their skills that arent being utilized from the main roster. The question is will it be enough to have steady ratings? could this also be a nice way to showcase the FCW roster as well? I say go back to the idea of having a Saturday evening show around 4-6pm like the old WCW did (please correct me if i am wrong because my memory is a little hazy). The show doesnt have to be a full two hours, maybe an hour and half? With the DVR or tivo technology these days, ,i dont think it would be a total loss. This will piss quite a few but i think it is time to unify titles (as always stated in many posts) and time to come up with new designs. This has been done with the undisputed title, but please let's not add the "undisputed" prefix. I would still keep the IC and US titles. The IC can be brought back to its glory days and the US can be like the TV as it was in WCW. That is what i did love about the old WCW days, many titles but they were treated with importsnce. This is all easier said than done and there is a lot of potential ideas but only the McFamily has the final say.

1) Christian to Raw- I think its time for a change and new feuds. I mean Christian was on smackdown for 2 years, and rarely as been a RAW superstar since returning in 2009. I think Christian should become the WWE Champion and feud with New People Like Miz R Truth Rhodes Barrett or Cena

2) Cody Rhodes- I think Cody Rhodes should be on the A Show. He looks more like a Raw Star and his home show is RAW. I think this would be a good move for Rhodes

3) Wade Barrett- Wade Barrett should be back on the A Show. When he came to smackdown he sinked very badly, but when he was on RAW, he main evented 5 PPVS!

4)Ted Dibiase to RAW- Bring The Dibiase Posse to Monday Nights

5) Michael Mcgillicutty to Smackdown- I think He should get a Big Push on Smackdown

6) Mason Ryan to Smackdown- I think they should make Ryan the World Heavyweight Champion and Run things on Smackdown

7) Alex Riley to Smackdown - Read Mcgillicutty

8) Brodus Clay to Smackdown- Fits better on Smackdown

9) The Miz to Smackdown- Either Christian gets drafted to RAW, or Miz gets drafted to smackdown.

I think Kofi Should go to Smackdown, but I would like him to turn heel and have a feud with Cena or Punk, to Build his status into a main eventer

I hope theres a draft this year my favorite moment of the year in WWE

I think the SuperShow idea was good but it needs a certain limit to it. Like between Rumble and Mania, the around Bragging Rights and Survivor Series. It alteast makes the brand split look and feel more relevant. As far as the draft, Here are my choices:

Ziggler, Miz, Punk, Kofi, and Mason Ryan to SD!

Christian, Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Henry, and William Regal to Raw.

I think this year WWE needs a big shake up. We need two new GMs with their own visions of what they want their brand to be, and we need to have a draft like the original one. Pool all of the superstars together and have each GM draft guys one by one like McMahon and Flair did back in the day.

The main moves I would like to see are Orton and Sheamus to Raw and Cena and Jericho(If not, than Miz) to Smackdown.

Kofi > Smackdown easy as never gonna shine on raw until hes shown worth on smackdown as a main event contender.

Miz > Smackdown all reports show he's in the dog house easier on smackdown so simple fix.

Mason Ryan > Smackdown not got naff all going on might as well put him somewhere where he has a better chance.

Cody Rhodes > Raw if they really wanna make him a future contender then he needs to show his worth no better place than Raw

All jobbers > Switch just for some variety mix shit up

just my 2 cents as the Americans say.

I think this Supershow BS needs to go to be honest. If they still want the brand extension, shouldn't these guys be exclusive to their brands? I mean on Raw every week the current WHC is horribly booked in a clusterfuck match and this match usually goes unannounced. It's your WHC for god's sake and he should be promoted if he is going to be making an appearance on Raw. It makes the WHC look like a prop every time they do this on Raw. I say either end this Supershow BS or just end the brand extension completely because the Supershow makes a mess of things and they could easily have any of the top champions or top faces make an appearance on the other show once in awhile and it will be special if promoted right.

As for the draft this year, read above. It is completely pointless if it does happen because there will still be guys crossing over to each brand. Also they are bringing back Bragging Rights in Dec. I wonder how much of a failure that is going to be with guys randomly appearing on each show without any promotion the way they are terribly booked? If the draft does happen though, the Supershow needs to end. These guys need to grow on their respected brands and with no Supershow, Raw can have more time to be booked properly and guys can have more time to cut promos and have good, long in-ring matches. All I ask from the draft this year is to please keep CM Punk on Raw. If he goes to SD and it is still being taped on Tuesday and airing on Friday CM Punk's momentum will slowly burn out and he will be forgotten by the viewers who only watch Raw. However, if SD is live on Tuesdays at the time of the draft, it would be awesome if Punk was the guy carrying the blue brand as the top face for a year or two. I doubt it will be live though, so please keep Punk on Raw.

I've been saying for awhile now that it's probably time to end the brand extention. Unify the WWE and WHC into 1 undisputed champion. Drop the U.S. title which would elevate the status of the I.C. Championship. Then properly build the Tag-team scene which has been slowly upgraded to "life support".

I would almost follow the WcW format where Raw focuses alot on the M.E. like Nitro did and Smackdown focuses more on the mid-card like tag-teams and such like Thunder did. Top tier guys would be on almost every Raw, but not exclusively, meaning you could possibly see Cena or Punk on Smackdown once in awhile. Anyhow I guess I'm off topic a bit, but I don't see a draft being very relevant unless some one like HHH comes out and ends the "Super-show" concept. I just look at the cast of guys that were in the Royal Rumble where they had to fill spots with "legends" like Hacksaw or Road Dogg. That to me is a sign that they may need to put the roster together and change the format a bit.

I've been saying for awhile now that it's probably time to end the brand extention. Unify the WWE and WHC into 1 undisputed champion. Drop the U.S. title which would elevate the status of the I.C. Championship. Then properly build the Tag-team scene which has been slowly upgraded to "life support".

I would almost follow the WcW format where Raw focuses alot on the M.E. like Nitro did and Smackdown focuses more on the mid-card like tag-teams and such like Thunder did. Top tier guys would be on almost every Raw, but not exclusively, meaning you could possibly see Cena or Punk on Smackdown once in awhile. Anyhow I guess I'm off topic a bit, but I don't see a draft being very relevant unless some one like HHH comes out and ends the "Super-show" concept. I just look at the cast of guys that were in the Royal Rumble where they had to fill spots with "legends" like Hacksaw or Road Dogg. That to me is a sign that they may need to put the roster together and change the format a bit.

Exactly! I have been saying this for years now! When they started the brand split, they had so many talented and legit big names stars on the roster that it was needed at the time for everyone to get TV time and build story lines. Now there is probably half that number even if that, so the need for the brand split is just not there any more.

You lost me when you said Miz should get the World title. Miz should never be a heavyweight champ ever again. Midcard title is fine.

With the Raw Supershow, the draft becomes worthless. Why draft anyone when they can just go to Raw any time they want now? They just need to combine the roster again and quit with the separate shows. They need to unify the heavy weight titles. After all it's all one company called WWE, no matter how much they try, it's not two separate "brands." It's kind of annoying seeing two heavyweight champs on Raw. But that's just me. :)

Kofi to SD!-Gives him a chance to get built up to Main Event status
Mason Ryan to SD!-Let him run thru all the people over there and eventually grab Gold
Cody to RAW-If he's going to try n be a dual champion let him do it with the WWE title not the Heavyweight title
Alex Riley to SD!-He needs room to wrestle and he wont get it on RAW
Miz to SD!-He's in the dog house so it looks like he's going there anyways
Mysterio-Go entertain the kids over on SD! for a while
Jack Swagger to SD!-He just doesnt really fit in on RAW to me

I don't think the Draft is pointless. I think I maybe in a majority who liked the Cena double trade. Orton to SD was a great move as he had some of enthralling matches there. For me the Draft is actually something that I eagerly await to see about who will end up where. J.R to SD was a real shocker and great.

However, with all these flipping supershows, it has lost a LOT of its appeal and value so if WWE decides to actually make both brands work a little more independently and actually build with actual animosity for a PPV like Bragging Rights, it'd be much obliged.

Anyway the following would be my pick:

Wade Barrett to Raw- I do wanna see this man come to the main show and strut his tuff solo. He is a good heel for and is actually pretty wity. I recall some of his tweets and comments from when he was a commentator in FCW I think. A loose leash with someone like Punk would be fun.

Kofi to SD- I really want him to get some 5 star matches under his belt and then be drafted back to Raw. I think he is a solid consistent, entertaining performer in the ring and SD would just bring that to the forefront.

i think that miz needs to go to smackdown because all he is doing is fueding with r-truth

rey needs to go to smackdown just because he aint cut out for raw

mark henry could go to raw and continue his hall of pain gimmick

and cody rhodes to raw, i think he ready for the leap to the main show :)

let's face it.. the brand extension is in the dirt at the moment.

But if it was was exclusive, I'd draft the following;

For Smackdown!

Alberto Del Rio
This guy thrived on Smackdown and could of been the top dog, kinda lost his momentum when he went to RAW

Curt Hawkins
Dude could use a push, would be good for him on Smackdown!

Kofi Kingston
Could be a great contender for Rhodes' IC title

Mason Ryan
Turn him into a heel bully who picks on guys smaller then him for awhile until Tyson Kidd or somebody small has enough and puts up a fight or something ;)

Micheal McGillicutty
Complete repackage, Drop the name, go By Joe Hennig & call him the Perfect son or something along those lines.

RAW

Ezekial Jackson
Turn him heel into RAW's midcard Monster or keep him face & let him ally with R-Truth & call him big Ezey.. haha horrible idea

Heath Slater
Guy needs a break, chuck him on RAW, give him something to do.

Jinder Mahal
Just floating around on risk of being jobbed out.. again.

Ted Dibiase
Throw on the U.S title & fued him with Swagger

I've been thinking about guys like Del Rio and Miz needing to be on SD! for a while.
Also, either Sheamus or Randy needs to return to Raw.

Now, i do love SD! having two of the top 5 Over wrestlers today on their show. But, i think if, and only if, they are ever going to draft Cena... this would be the year.
They probibly will not, and I'm not even saying they should.
But, if they are going to, do it now.

Every year, I have two moves to make. This year is no exception.

To Raw: Intercontinental Champion, Cody Rhodes.
Face it, he’s the man on Smackdown. He has done it all but win the World Title. I think with Daniel Bryan there and Sheamus coming up fast, there will be no room for someone new just right now. CM Punk could use a new challenger after this run with Jericho is over.

To Smackdown: United States Champion, Jack Swagger.
This is a storyline that should have been done a few months back, but can still work if done properly. I’d send the United States of All America American Champion to Smackdown. Send him over to recruit new members, expand Vickie’s Team and essentially create the first cross-branded Stable.

Just to get the ball rolling, I’d have Cody become the 3rd and newest member of Vickie’s Stable. If Dolph Ziggler somehow wins the WWE Title, the next recruits they should gun for are the Unifed WWE Tag Team Champions, Primo and Epico with Rosa, and the World Champion, Daniel Bryan with A. J. Imagine how annoying it be when every single time we see a WWE Championship Title Belt, we have to hear that “Excuse Me” followed by that laugh. Heat!!

I'd Like to see them do a complete reshuffle
I've come up with a brief idea on how it could work

in the Wrestlemania build Have whoever is going to be the full time Raw GM be established then have The Board decree that they would like to see the superstars in a more controlled environment, and order a full Rebrand extension.

and basicly redo what they did when they did it originally with flair and vince

I think jack swagger could do so much better on smackdown , if he works hard he could possible be a two time world heavyweight championship

I firmly believe that The Miz should go to Smackdown. He is simply getting lost in the fold on Raw and doing nothing all that intriguing. Maybe Smackdown will help him retrieve his main event status from the trashcan.

Cody Rhodes should take the IC Championship to Raw. He is really stepping up and is guaranteed to be a main event talent within the next few months. Raw is where he needs to be to get the exposure he needs.

Jack Swagger should go to Smackdown and take Vickie Guerrero with him. Let Dolph Ziggler break away from those two and go his own way, continuing working up to the main event. There is more room for attention on Smackdown and that's what Swagger needs. Vicki Guerrero is that extra kick he needs as well, look at what she did for Ziggler.

I think we are all on the same page when it comes to there not being a need for the draft while there is a SuperShow. So the should just give the draft the ax and just do trades like other professional sports. If they wanna make the draft pop they should draft up legends, free agents or FCW guys.

Drafted to Raw:

Randy Orton
Sheamus
Daniel Bryan
Cody Rhodes
Mark Henry
Christian
Sin Cara
Ted Dibiase

Drafted to Smackdown:

CM Punk
R-Truth
The Miz
Kofi Kingston
Rey Mysterio
Alberto Del Rio
Jack Swagger
Mason Ryan

I think these changes should happen because Raw & Smackdown are in need of a HUGE landscape change,this would be a great change.

I think Raw should have Cena,Orton,Jericho,Kane,Sheamus,Christian,Bryan,Ziggler,Rhodes,Henry,Ryder,& Cara. Cena,Orton,& Sheamus can be the obvious three top guys on Raw then they can have Kane,Bryan,Ziggler,Christian,& Rhodes possibly in the title picture,I would personally love to see Kane as champion right before the draft,they can have Kane or Ziggler take the title off of Punk so Punk can have a transition into Smackdown,but Kane would make more sense because the three Superstars they should in his Resurrected promos we're Cena,Orton,& Punk & Kane can face Orton at Mania & then put his sights on Punk's title for an Extreme Rules title match. Have Kane turn face after that & lose the title later on to Ziggler or Rhodes.

The Intercontinental Championship can come with Cody when he comes to Raw,then he can drop it to Ryder so he can move on the Main Event Title Picture.

Smackdown should have Punk,Mysterio,Truth,Miz,Barrett,Show,Del Rio,Kingston,Khali,Swagger,& Ryan on the show.Since Smackdown lacks ratings this could really help boost ratings,Especially Punk,Mysterio,Truth,& Miz,the obvious top three would be Punk,Mysterio,& Miz. The title picture would consist of Punk,Mysterio,Barrett,Truth,Miz,Del Rio & Kingston,with some of them drifting out of it in different periods of time. Punk should definitely be the top face of the show.

The United States Picture should consist of Swagger,Ryan,Gabriel,& Jackson. They can really give that push for Ryan that they wanted to do by giving him the title & have Gabriel & Jackson win it sometime this year to push Gabriel & re-push the failed Ezekiel Jackson.

Make 2012 matter,with this huge landscape change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back