That one extra starpower for SmackDown.

#BabyFace

**The.Best.In.The.World**
SmackDown has recently became the show where young superstars make their way to main event status has it not? In the past year it has developed Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, and it could be argued but Cody Rhodes as main event status superstars. Although I love the fact that SD is producing young top superstars, I still think that SD needs one extra Starpower. Randy Orton is the face of SD no doubt about it, but with him in this injury situation and to many having a "stale" gimmick, SD still needs one more established superstar. This makes me thinnk how much better SD could be right now if Edge didnt retire. Him and Orton could have amazing rivalries with Edge being a heel. Then he could even put over the young superstars. But with no Edge to add starpower to SmackDown, Who else should go to SD to give them starpower? My pick....

Miz_crop_650x440.jpg

Yes, The Miz. It makes so much sense. He seems to be under hot water and has nothing on RAW so send him to SD and let him be the top heel. He can sink or swim and i think he will Swim. He would have rivalries with Orton and then could have some with Sheamus and others. Another idea is to turn him face and send him to SD. Let him try something new and win the world title.

SMACKDOWN needs another star. Who should it be in your eyes? Who do you want to see come over with Orton on SmackDown?

Well, John Cena will never go over to Smackdown anytime soon for obvious reasons. I think Punk should stay on Raw because he is on a role and sending him to Smackdown would kill his momentum. If I had to think of one guy to send over to SD! that could add star power, I would send Alberto Del Rio. I think the moment they sent him over to Raw, they killed all of his momentum because at this time you had Miz there who was the top heel on Raw and Del Rio was coming over to the show empty handed because he had lost to Edge and Christian, only for Christian to lose the belt 2 days later to the egotistical Randy Orton. I think if you send Del Rio to Smackdown, he could come over saying that he has won the WWE title already and that SD! is his show and play it off from there. I can also see Del Rio working as a likeable face just like The Miz if they wanted to go down that route. Del Rio could easily replace Barrett and then when Barrett returns he could move over to Raw in the draft because I think he would shine there.

But, either Del Rio or Miz should move over to SD! to eventually become faces to add that starpower that SD! desperately needs. Plus, with guys like Sin Cara and John Morrison most likely returning somewhere down the road, SD! would be so much better having a lot of stars, rather than one boring, predictable Randy Orton. Also, I think at least one guy from FCW will debut after Wrestlemania, with my top choice being Claudio Castagnoli and they could build this guy up all Summer long creating a new star in the process.

SD! does not need another star.
Sheamus, Henry, Big Show, Christian, Bryan, Barret, Santino (fan wise), they are pretty stacked. Don't forget the mid card like Rhodes, Sin Cara, Hunico, Dibiase, and the others.
I love the current SD! roster.

If I thought they needed a new one, i would say Alberto Del Rio. I only say this because he is boring as hell, and I got tired of him on Raw. Now that he is injured, he should make his in-ring return on SmackDown.

the thing about RAW right now is that it's mostly all heels and john cena, so either moving some faces over to raw or heels to smackdown would be good; i was seriously into miz last year, and so was the crowd. a move to smackdown could help with the crowded talent on RAW

Whoever it is, they need to be a Face because one thing that Smackdown really lacks right now is a major face. What happened when Orton went down? There really wasn't much depth as to concerning have some major face power other than Orton & Sheamus.

I'd move R Truth over to the blue brand. They need another main-event/upper midcarder face who can dethrone Cody. They already have enough big heels (Christian, Henry, DBD) so Miz isn't necessary unless they give him a face turn, but I think he's better off on RAW. If not Truth, then send Kofi over and elevate him.

Smackdown isn't necessarily spending more time on the younger guys, but rather there is a solid balance across all age groups of wrestlers. Daniel Bryan certainly sprung up as a heel recently on Smackdown, but he's also been featured prominently on Raw each and every week. Wade Barrett and Sheamus have been given a lot of time to develop as well, but you could also make a case that both got "over" more on Raw - one as the Nexus leader and the other as a dominant (albeit poorly booked) WWE Champion. When you factor in Big Show and Mark Henry I'd say talent is being built on Smackdown across the board.

It's probably more accurate to say that talents go to Smackdown to better refine certain aspects of their craft; Sheamus needed to go face and do so out from under the glare of John Cena, and Wade Barrett needed to start anew as a singles star without a faction of undercard tag-alongs. Raw is the "A show" - the place the bigger draws and stars go to make bank for themselves and the company, and really get their name out there with the fans. That can be done to a lesser extent on Smackdown, but I feel like the Blue Brand is more like WWE's higher profile training camp. Stars get the benefit of tapped shows, but get television time with moderate ratings as well. They can make more mistakes and fine-tune their abilities in a setting where it's not as crippling to fail or fall flat on your face.

To answer the question original pushed: does Smackdown need one more "big star" to help them out? Need isn't the word I would use. If Randy Orton and Mark Henry can stay healthy, and with the return of Sin Cara they have a fine roster. Definitely enough built up, up-and-coming talent to work with. Add to those three Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, the Big Show and a soon-to-return Christian and that's enough to make a solid upper-card division for Smackdown. What they really lack is a solid lower card, if anything...

The problem isn't necessarily that there's too many heels on Raw, but that there's too many heels in all of professional wrestling right now. After WrestleMania they really need to re-work the roster and thinking about making a face turn for at least one of the upper heels on Raw. As much as having a draft might not make sense this year with the convoluted brand set-up, it's a good idea. They have to move some guys around - shake things up - and balance the books, so to speak. The same heels have been battling for the same spots on both Raw and Smackdown - the same faces have been fending them off for far too long. Balance, balance, balance.

I don't really think that Smackdown needs any more star power. Smackdown isn't a show that's driven on star power, that much became evident when the ratings stayed the same even after Orton was moved over from Raw. If Orton can't improve the ratings on Smackdown then there's no chance that anyone not named John Cena is going to get the ratings to increase.
Besides Smackdown has had terrible luck with injuries lately. Sin Cara, Christian, Mark Henry, Randy Orton and Wade Barrett are all either injured or have been injured in the last month. That's 5 guys in the main event scene that have had to take time off due to injury. Even Raw's stronger roster would find it hard to cope with 5 guys injured in the space of a few months.

But if i had to move one guy over it would be Del Rio. He became a star on Smackdown rising through the ranks winning the rumble in his debut year and having solid feuds with Edge, Christian and Rey Mysterio. It was once he was taken off Smackdown that things began to go back for him with him being booked terribly on Raw.
I firmly believe that he could be a star again if moved back to Smackdown and starting with a clean slate. Guys like Orton and Sheamus could really bring the best out of him. The only problem is that Smackdown are already building Bryan, Rhodes and Barrett into credible main eventers and i can't help but feel that Del Rio moving over would take the limelight off of one of them.

Come draft time I would send three upper midcarders to smackdown. Ziggler, Kofi and Miz. One of Ziggler and Miz could turn face and all three could feud for the title. I think all three could put on great matches with Cody and Bryan. Going to Raw I would send Barrett and The Usos. I know its not even but Barrett could thrive again on Raw and The Usos on Raw could make the tag division relevent on TV (one can hope)

You all are forgetting a thing. Smackdown is a SUPERSHOW! Which means any superstar from Raw can compete in Smackdown. Brand extension is nearly coming to its end so I don't think this draft is needed but I will not go off topic much.

I think they should exchange heels/faces between the two brands. Let's see here..

Smackdown-

Faces(Main)- Sheamus, Randy Orton, Big Show, Khali (Somewhat)and Santino (NAWMEAN?)

Heels- Cody, Daniel, Barret, Mark and Christian.

It's not balanced but will be when Rey or Sin Cara comes back.

Raw.

Faces- John Cena, Zack Ryder, CM Punk, R-Truth and Kofi.

Heels- Ziggler, Swagger, Chris Jericho, Miz, Kane.

Pretty much balanced. With inclusion of mid carders and few returns, I think the roster of both the shows will be balanced but there are no guys which have much of a star power. WWE should build talents from FCW and add them to the main roster.

So exchange between the roster seems good and If it were for me to decide, I'd send Del Rio and Miz to smackdown and bring Mark Henry and Cody Rhodes/Wade Barret to Raw.

Will they even bother with a draft? I get the feeling that the first thing Laryngitis will do as sole GM is unify the belts/brands...

If they do, I think Rhodes & Barrett traded for Miz and Jericho are the most logical trades. Barrett can come back right into a feud with Punk and Miz and Bryan can interact again on Smackdown as buddies.

Don't forget the mid card like Rhodes

What? Cody Rhodes is not a mid-card, he is fantastic! I think the tide has turned with the shows, and I would much rather watch Smackdown! than Raw now, and it was very much the other way around 12 months ago.

Smackdown! even have a better Divas division. Bryan, Barrett, Sheamus, Orton, Henry, Rhodes all great to watch.

If they bring back Rey Mysterio, I will probaly lose interest again. Oh, and I am absolutley sick to death of seeing Big Show - he needs to leave for a few months.

if they come through with RVD he would be perfect for the brand to be honest otherwize delrio or miz since both are irrelevant right now and smackdown could use more heavyweight championship ready guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back