Is the Main Event to crowded?

ThUnDeRpHoEnIx

Proud Team Bring It Member
The way I see it, is that the main event is to crowded only on RAW. If they drafted some main event faces to SD then it could be better.But then again I as I think about it while SD doesnt have as much Main Event wrestlers,they have had long title runs.Edge has had his title reign while(WWE may recognise it but i dont see the 10 minute switch between him and dolph as a title change) and kane had a decent one before.

So would you guys rather keep the Main Event scene the way it is or draft a few stars to SD and have them feud in separate feuds then the WHC chase and the winner being No.1 contender and that would also mean having some decent title reigns.

Too* crowded. I think it's ok the way it is. Smackdown has a chance to build up a couple of new contenders over the next couple of months so I wouldn't change too much there. On Raw we have Cena and Miz feuding over the title while other guys considered top players like Orton, Sheamus, Punk, and Hunter are in the midst of their own programs away from the title and don't really need it to be involved.

I'd say everything is ok at the moment. There's no need to panic on Smackdown, hell, the ratings have even been better than usual lately. They're doing the right thing right now and I hope they keep it up.

The main event scene is fine how it is. Lets look at RAW for a second here..

Sheamus, Triple H, John Cena, Randy Orton, The Miz and CM Punk all floating around doing something. The thing is, you always need to have quite a number of main eventers on either brand. If you were to have just say Orton, Cena and Triple H on RAW, for a whole year, we would see pretty much nothing but Cena vs Orton, Cena vs Triple H, Orton vs Triple H and triple threat matches. It's good that there is a decent number to things can be mixed up whenever it needs to be. The same can be said about SmackDown's main event scene too.

Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to have Orton over on SmackDown I guess after he finishes with CM Punk but I don't think Orton's gonna be going to SD anytime soon.

My beef with WWE is they have people in certain spots in the main event that probably arent ready for. Now dont get me wrong, I dont want too see the same faces fighting over and over again on ppv all year. With that said, I have no problem with solid midcarders getting a ppv title shot once in a while but in terms of pushing that guy to the whc scene without the big wins or performances to back it up, I cant go for that. I want guys who were built like they are ready for the big leagues not people who are getting on the job training. I only want the best at the top. I love Del Rio, I think the guy has a lot of talent and charisma but there is no way if I was in charge he would me main eventing mania based on how little he has done thus far. What doese Del Rio have on his resume ? A few wins of mysterio. Since when did that put you in the ME of WM.

Same thing with Miz. No way he'd be in this spot if I had my say, no way was he championship material as evidenced by the reaction he got when he won. Is Miz talented sure, very overrated if you ask me, none the less how was built to fight amongest the best. He wasnt, his midcard career was kofi/mvp/bryan and thats why he is booked to look like a chump, cause he never fought any big names or got any big wins. Since when was a sneaky champion succesful ? Maybe its okay to get sneaky wins at the lesser ppv but WM is supposed to best vs best, austin/rock, hbk/hart, lesanr/angle and now we have to settle for this mediocrity ?

WWE needs to build long term stars not aim for cheap short term gains. You dont make people credible with the audience by giving the keys when they havent even passed the practice course. WWE did that all of last year just to get like Sheanus, Swagger, Miz, Barrett guys over. How many of them have been really succesful ?

One last thing there are too many heels in the crowd of new guys and wwe is not helping their top babyfaces get over as much as the heels. There is going to be a see-saw effect of too many heels, to few faces once the older guys leave, if these guys dont learn how to play their parts and can get over as both.

Not at all.

First off, get John Cena out of the mainevent picture. It's a complete waste of a WWE title match.
EVERYONE is much much much more interested in the whole Cena - Rock thing that's happening.

Why the hell are they booking Cena to feud with Miz AND Rock in 2 different scenarios? Friggin stupid.

Back to your question, I think the numbers are fine.

No the main event is not too crowded. I feel it's the exact opposite but there is a reason. The WWE is in the process of BUILDING stars for the future. They aren't there yet, and some aren't even close. Just because they've won a title (Miz, Sheamus, Swagger) does not mean that they are main event players. Getting there? Sure. But even the Miz, the current WWE champion, is far away from being a main event draw. The only REAL main event guys right now are The Undertaker, Cena, Edge, Orton, and on a lower level CM Punk (yet even he has had the help of a stable for quite some time now). People like Miz, Del Rio, Ziggler, Sheamus, Swagger, Barrett, Morrison, etc will get there but it takes time. Most of these guys have only been prominent characters on TV for around a year give or take. They are starting to get the big angles and matches and they will get better with time. I'd say in another year or two the WWE main event will be in FANTASTIC shape, but not yet.

Its not too crowed. RAW has just the right amount and Smackdown has always been the B show and building ground for Upper-Midcarders to be Main eventers. Ex: Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio. If you moved some RAW guys there it would push Ziggler and Del Rio out of there, also you have Rey, Kane and Barret so its all good.

Raw has Cena, Miz, Punk, Randy and Sheamus so I don't believe its too crowed more like just right.

Its not too crowed. RAW has just the right amount and Smackdown has always been the B show and building ground for Upper-Midcarders to be Main eventers. Ex: Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio. If you moved some RAW guys there it would push Ziggler and Del Rio out of there, also you have Rey, Kane and Barret so its all good.

Raw has Cena, Miz, Punk, Randy and Sheamus so I don't believe its too crowed more like just right.

But can you include Kane?I mean after he lost his WHC and Edge beat him in the last man standing his kinda drifted off and only reappeard for EC.

Truthfully, I think things are good the way they are. Honestly, Smackdown! has the ability to build up some guys and then stack Smackdown! and send some new blood over to the main show.

Whereas, Raw is doing great with keeping interesting programs alive that are away from the championship. Some of the main eventers are essentially working the mid-card, but still getting TV time. Guys like Orton and CM Punk. It's working very well and the ratings have thus far proven to get stronger with help from The Rock and simply better stories.

If anything, it can never be too stacked. They just need to be willing to keep stacking the card and working the spots that fit their storylines best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back