• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*MERGED* [OFFICIAL] Undertaker Injury/Vegetative State & Kane's Search Discussion

What exactly happened between the two of them, anyway? If it's a good enough storyline, I'm totally voting for SES to make a shift into the main event limelight. CM Punk is already a monster on the mic in promos (unless he starts singing again -- please don't ever do that again, Punk), and his heel behavior toward Rey Mysterio was blood pumping. This could be exactly the push he needs to make it up to a permanent seat on the main event roster.

What basically happened was at summerslam a ladder match between Jeff Hardy and CM Punk and CM Punk won. The Undertaker was gone for a while and then he returned to attack CM Punk in a pretty cool fashion at summer slam. So of course The Undertaker got a title shot at the breaking point ppv but the undertaker got screwed (in montreal) in a submission match with punk when punk had him in a submission hold be he didn't tap but the ref said he did so he got screwed out of the world title. Then it went to the hell in a cell pay per view where punk and the undertaker were in the hell in a cell match and punk got squashed and the undertaker won the world heavyweight championship and the fued was over.

Short fued that wasn't that good but CM Punk has the SES on his side witch would (if CM Punk is the one who did this to the undertaker) make the fued more interesting.

I'll tell you who I DON'T want it to be. I DON'T want it to be any recent up-and-comer who has nothing to do with The Undertaker. It happened before with Stone Cold. No one knew who ran him over, and when they revealed who it was after so many months, it was Rikishi.... Ri-fucking-kishi, who had absolutely NOTHING to do with Stone Cold, and I don't even think he was in the WWE when SCSA got ran over. They made him the culprit to give him a shocking heel turn, and it ruined his career as well as the whole storyline.

If we're all giving guesses as to who it was, here's my opinion: who is the ONLY ONE who has benefited from Taker being gone? Who is the ONLY ONE who has been placed in the World Title hunt after Taker's disappearance? Who is the ONLY ONE who hasn't had a heel turn in almost 10 years, and never in the WWE? Yep, you probably guessed right: Rey Mysterio

I see a huge push for Kane... I just watched the Kane/Funeral bit a few minutes ago and I was amazed. Very "Attitude Era-esque"... Kane is turning back into that steamroller badass he once was. I see a World Title reign in his near future and I gotta say, it's about damn time. Let's hope this steers the WWE in the right direction for awhile... Give the kids nightmares again, damn it!

this has the potential to be one of the best storylines in years and kanes promo which is the best ive seen in a long time already has me excited. a the major factor is there are so many possibilities as to who did it to keep the viewers intrigued in my opinion there are 4 main possibilities.

1 KANE
probably the most obvious choice but i disagree with some post as i want to see this again mainly as it wud be a great way to turn kane into the monster heel again like he was back on raw a few years ago when he was settin people on fire and electrocuting them. if this is the answer it can elevate kane back into the main event which i think its about time to happen.

2. C.M. Punk & the SES
This would also be an awesome storyline. 1st kane discovers it was the ses and they can fued this process can take upto the time taker is ready to return then the ses takes on the BOD in a series of matches eg HIAC match at the HIAC ppv this fued eventually leads to punk v taker at mania with punk claiming that he can beat the streak due to being straight edged

3. Jack Swagger
the simplest storyline explained by swagger not wanting to fight taker for the belt leads to a series of title matchs between the two with taker more than likely coming out on top again probly involving HIAC

4. A Raw superstar
this would be the biggest shock and would be really cool the problem would be explaining why they attacked taker and that wud depend on who they pick. the reason for this choice wud be to move a big star over to smackdown as raw no longer needs all the big names as tna is not in direct competition on monday nights anymore. my choice for this wud b edge who seems out of place on raw and the opportunist storyline cud be factored in and with him on SD a edge christian storyline is possible later on.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

It's being reported that WWE Smackdown star Kane is expected to receive a huge push in the coming weeks. One source within WWE says Vince McMahon was extremely pleased with his promo on Smackdown and the reaction he received. Although there were rumors regarding Kane’s disinterest in winning the world title, apparently those rumors were false and Kane himself denied the claims.

This is the news I've been waiting to hear for so long. I'm a huge Kane mark. And like many others I definitely don't think he needs to have the mask to be interesting or a threatening persona. Kane's promo on Smackdown was excellent, one of his best ever if not the best. As much as this story revolves around what happened to the Undertaker, I'm very happy that this seemingly has the potential to make the Big Red Machine relevant again.

I, like many others, think the culprit might end up being Jack Swagger. His motives for doing it would be simple, to keep the Undertaker away from challenging for his title. This could set up the Swagger/Taker feud that was talked about for later. In the meantime Kane can make his own bid for Swagger's title by taking his brother's place until he returns.

I really hope that this is a "Hey let me throw this out there for the hell of it for a couple laughs" fakepost, because that would be the most anti-climactic resolution ever to this angle. It would make the WWE lose fans, and Archer is pretty close to future endeavors as it is. There is no reason why Archer and Hawkins should be revealed as the guys who did it, especially when, let's face it, it would make The Undertaker himself look real weak.

I was thinking it could have been Kane, but it's just way too obvious at this point and I doubt it would be him.

Who I think it should be though, is Drew McIntyre. They've been trying to make him the next big thing on Smackdown for months now, and he still hasn't connected with the audience. The fans don't like him in a "Ugh, I hope this guy gets his ass kicked" type of way (the good way), but more of a, "Ugh, not this guy" way. They've tried everything they could to get Drew the desired crowd reaction, between him taking out R-Truth, to having Vince McMahon in his back pocket, to being a weasely heel, to getting an awesome entrance, and even taking out inexplicable crowd favorite Matt Hardy. Nothing's worked.

Having Drew be the guy that takes out The Undertaker would force him to either sink or swim, and force the crowd into giving him a reaction. If he can't get the audience to react to him after that point, he's a lost cause. It would also be a good way to get Drew separated from McMahon with Vince's reaction being like, "You pissed off The Undertaker?! You're on your own, good luck!" Also, at least with Drew, he has a history of incapacitating people.

If they ever want to get Drew McIntyre over, and taken as a legitimate threat, he needs to be the one who took out The Undertaker. It's too bad Sting re-signed with TNA. Imagine how awesome the reveal would be if it was Sting. We'd finally get that dream match.

Dude, a victim of a two on one attack never looks weak, and the attackers always gain enough heat. It happened when DX jumped The Rock, it happened with Stone Cold and Triple H beat the hell out of Kane with steel chairs (lol). And it even happened when Shane and Vince tried to destroy Lashley. 2 on 1 assaults gain interests, and not to mention, what other tag team on Smackdown is suitable enough.

Right now, CM Punk is in a rivalry with Mysterio and working on bringing Mercury back. As for Luke Gallows, he is in a rivalry with MVP, which eliminates SES completely.

The Dudebusters completely suck so they're scratched off the list.

And as for the names Rhodes and McIntyre being thrown in, people need to stop and think. McIntyre is in a rivalry with Hardy and Rhodes is probably about to be Kofi's next rival for the IC title, so there's two more names off the list.

Not to mention Archer's and Hawkin's team name is Gate Crashers, and one of Taker's finishers is Hell's Gate... small bit of insight that shouldn't be looked into much but still it kind of makes sense.

As for the Triple H option, well he hates Smackdown and when he was there, he was only there by name and to put Kozlov over. Unfortunately, he couldn't do so.

So we're back at the list of possibilities... which leaves Swagger, Show, Gate Crashers, and Shad....

Show and Swagger are currently in the world title picture, so that's not going to work... and Shad is, well nobody knows where that guy is nor does anybody buy him as a legit heel... so that brings us right back to Hawkins and Archer.

We don't know how long this storyline is going to play out so just because a wrestler is involved in a rivalry, it doesn't mean he is ruled out. I can see this storyline playing out until the end of the year with an Undertaker return and a match at Wrestlemania. If the WWE is smart, they will continue this for a while unlike what they did with Kane in 2008.

Hey, King of Yugioh, this may come as a shock, but...people can be involved in two storylines at once!! I'm not as violently opposed to Hawkins and Archer being the culprits as Guy is (though I'd prefer it to be McIntyre, Punk, or Swagger) but don't rule everyone else out just because they're in a storyline. There are so many ways this storyline could go, since it really could have been anyone that killed The Undertaker.

This storyline has created intrigue and lots of guessing, and I love it.

Dude, a victim of a two on one attack never looks weak, and the attackers always gain enough heat. It happened when DX jumped The Rock, it happened with Stone Cold and Triple H beat the hell out of Kane with steel chairs (lol). And it even happened when Shane and Vince tried to destroy Lashley. 2 on 1 assaults gain interests, and not to mention, what other tag team on Smackdown is suitable enough.

When the guys are Curt Hawkins and Vance Archer, two guys who in kayfabe, The Undertaker could take out by himself at half-strength, it absolutely would. Not to mention, in that paragraph, you managed to compare Curt Hawkins and Vance Archer to DX, Austin/HHH, and even The McMahons and Umaga.

Who says a tag team had to be who took out The Undertaker in the first place?

Right now, CM Punk is in a rivalry with Mysterio and working on bringing Mercury back. As for Luke Gallows, he is in a rivalry with MVP, which eliminates SES completely.

Not really. Any major player in the WWE is a viable culprit. Punk is in the title match at Fatal 4 Way, and he doesn't have a good track record against The Undertaker. It would make sense that he would want him out of the title match.

The Dudebusters completely suck so they're scratched off the list.

Well, so do Curt Hawkins and Vance Archer.

And as for the names Rhodes and McIntyre being thrown in, people need to stop and think. McIntyre is in a rivalry with Hardy and Rhodes is probably about to be Kofi's next rival for the IC title, so there's two more names off the list.

Yes, because they'll let an opportunity to get one of those two guys over and in a huge program which would truly help elevate them to main event status slip through their fingers, because Drew is involved in a throw-away feud with Matt Hardy right now.

Not to mention Archer's and Hawkin's team name is Gate Crashers, and one of Taker's finishers is Hell's Gate... small bit of insight that shouldn't be looked into much but still it kind of makes sense.

Can anyone else confirm/deny this? Even then, no it really doesn't make sense.

Show and Swagger are currently in the world title picture, so that's not going to work... and Shad is, well nobody knows where that guy is nor does anybody buy him as a legit heel... so that brings us right back to Hawkins and Archer.

Amazingly so, The Undertaker was in the World Title picture until this happened! Jack Swagger, as many people have mentioned, has enough motivation to take out The Undertaker.

Stop with the Hawkins/Archer argument. It's not a brilliant idea like you think it is. Nobody would give a shit for reasons I've already mentioned.

Hm. I honestly have no idea. But heres some ideas

HHH: A big name and credible enough to take out 'Taker. This would be great as it would be revenge for 'Taker making HBK retire.

McIntyre: Maybe it was Vince who wanted 'taker gone and hired McIntyre as a hitman.

I would love for it to be Jericho. He's lost in the shuffle of all the main eventers on Raw and really needs to be back on Smackdown. The best in the world at what he does needs to make an impact to regain some of the credibility he lost recently, and it could even be written that he had help from Barrett, instantly giving the rookie some legitimancy. After all, we've never had a real Taker/Jericho feud, and this leads to a classic mania match.

It happened before with Stone Cold. No one knew who ran him over, and when they revealed who it was after so many months, it was Rikishi.... Ri-fucking-kishi, who had absolutely NOTHING to do with Stone Cold.

Rikishi may have had nothing to do with Austin, but everybody knew that Rikishi and Rock were associated, being related and all. The angle made perfect sense to me. It was just done shitty by Rikishi himself, who couldn't act his way out of a happy meal box. Remember the "I did it for The Rock"? Made perfect sense.

As far as who obliterated Taker...

No matter who it is, it won't live up to the hype. If it is Kane, we will see Kane get beat again. If it is somebody else, like Jericho or Punk? At least it isn't the brothers fighting again.

what about something to do with the Rock? Isnt he supposed to be hosting something this summer and didnt he say something along the lines of if and when he comes back he wants it to be big...seems like this could be big. IDK, just a thought. He may not be the one, but be a piece of it.

I think it was Kane. If it's not, then I would be very surprised.

If it is Kane, so many possibilities open up and it would be brilliantly interesting to see how the WWE would make it awesome, as they likely would. It seems that ever since WrestleMania, all the superstars on both brands have really been giving it their all and Kane is no exception. Add that to the fact that the Creative branch of WWE has been outdoing itself lately and you have two absolutely fascinating flagship shows. This angle may just be a wonderful blessing in disguise for Kane. Of course, you never want to see a wrestler getting hurt doing something that they love but Taker's exit from the WWE for the foreseeable future could put Kane back on the map and perhaps back into the main event scene, where he rightfully belongs.

From here on, it is imperative that Kane keeps up the same level of momentum on Smackdown and on Raw tonight too. Any drop in charisma and enthusiasm and he could be relegated back to the bench and see someone else prosper out of this. As for where it is going, the sky is the limit right now. For the first time, I am legitimately excited about Kane's future with the WWE and this could take him all the way to the top. His promo last week was incredible and he could be challenging for the title in a couple of months if he keeps up the good work. Once Taker returns, we could be in for a great feud between him and Kane, if my hunch is correct. Either way, this is a golden opportunity for Kane to get on a bit and get a meaningful World Heavyweight Championship reign.

I highly doubt that Dwayne is going to come back to the WWE like that. Besides, it's not often that McMahon crosses the brands (from what I've seen so far), and only RAW has the guest hosts...

Of course, I can always be wrong.

I just hope that it doesnt end up with Kane being the one that took out taker. So over-done already, and the most logic choice.

but IF..(big IF) is gonna be that way....

It would be great if kane begins a destruction path (title scene include) to get revenge of what happened to his brother. Win the title and then have taker come back and point kane as the attacker, and start a feud between them with taker accusing kane of doing that just to take the title with ease. But then show that kane hasnt anything to do with it and that he was really taking vengance for his brother. It would be diff because it involves a heel taker and we already know that it wont happen.

Considering that Kane is rumoured to have this huge push from what's transpired on SD last week, which was one of the most moving perfomances I've ever seen from a wrestler in a long time, I'm pretty sure this storyline is being used to retire Kane.

The dude has been getting older every year and it shows, with the crowd slowly sliding in reaction when he comes out. He has worked with a lot of people and made them look good. Every time something like this happens, it's usually time that they are getting their walking papers from the ring. This is the WWE's way of saying thank you to Kane for all those years of hard work and giving him one final push to the championship and ending his gimmick on a high-note.

Once the Undertaker is ready to get back into the action, Kane can "summon" his brother from his vegetative state and revive the Undertaker. Since these two characters are "mythical," Kane offers his soul in exchange for bringing back the Undertaker. Via logic, Kane can retire and Taker can return without questions. Whoever attacked Undertaker in this situation, deals with Kane aptly enough for Kane to sacrifice himself for the Undertaker, where the attacker and Taker can feud with each other.

Then again, I don't think the WWE could come up with this angle. It most likely could be Kane who did it, but that defeats the purpose of everything that has happened. I'm going to say Jack Swagger or Drew McIntyre did it, so they have the chance to make either one of them more credible. Drew deserves it more than Swagger though, as Jack is doing pretty well in garnering heat.

New Suspects: The NXT rookies. You saw what they did to John cena and everyone near the ring on Raw 6/7. Maybe there going to form their own group like the NWO.

New Suspects: The NXT rookies. You saw what they did to John cena and everyone near the ring on Raw 6/7. Maybe there going to form their own group like the NWA or whatever that group was called.

I know! Jesus, I'm actually pulling for them to be the culprits behind the whole Undertaker thing. That would just be amazing. I'm so proud of the creative team for what they did tonight. It was almost as good as the stuff that came from the Attitude Era. I'm so hyped up and excited - I just hope that they don't end up disappointing me in the end. This turnabout has actually inspired me to start watching the shows again instead of just reading about them for the last few weeks!

Of course, Cena kind of spoiled it for me at the end with his thumbs up.

I really don't know what to think. There is no telling what the WWE may have in store, which history has shown us. My hopes would be that he comes back as the old school undertaker, but how likely is that? Like some of you I at least know I don't really want to see an undertaker-kane feud out of this. I'm not too sure about the NXT rookies idea either, not that it wouldn't be a great way to give a guy a push, but I wouldn't bank on that either.

One word... KANE. I see them reusing the old HHH/HBK storyline where HBK got laid out back stage and Hunter started a one man crusade to find the attacker. Weeks later HBK returns and reviles it was Hunter. In this situation they set up for Kane vs Taker if Taker's injuries keep him out too long to set up the Swagger/Taker Summerslam story. Then again after the NXT invasion on RAW it could set up a cross brand war with the rookies, having them be the ones to layout Taker.

I hope it's kane also but the masked kane, leading to a Kane split personality and lots of turmoil within himself.. Finally leading to him putting the mask back on for one last run as a monster (even give him the title)..

I was wondering why is Kane so concerned about the Undertaker's attacc putting him on the shelf? They have not been seen onscreen communicating or working with each other in idk how long, but now all of a sudden he is on the warpath to find the assailant or assailants. What's up wit that? Feedbacc anyone?

Hey, I just had a thought, what if the NXT rookies were behind the Undertaker's condition? Think about it, they just went after the top guy on Raw, why not take out the top guy on Smackdown? The two incidents do kinda coincide with each other.

It is his (kayfabe) brother!!!

It also gives Kane something to do...i hear the writing team were very impressed with his promo and he could be getting a huge push...isn't this what wwe fans want??

I think its great that theya re 'kayfabe' brothers, because it allows them to play of each other...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back