• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumor: Kane's Return

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I read about this earlier today on the WZ main page but it slipped my mind. I read about it again a few minutes ago on another site and WWE officials are tossing around ideas for Kane's return.

As of right now, the rumor going around is that the favorite idea at this point in time is to bring Kane back as a surprise participant in the Royal Rumble. One of the themes that WWE has been doing for the past several years is to have at least one surprise entrant into the Rumble. Sometimes that surprise entrant has been a wrestler returning from injury, sometimes kayfabe and sometimes real.

I wouldn't mind seeing Kane return at the Rumble. It's an event that he's usually done pretty well in. If they do go forward with this idea, I think it'd work best if Kane enters at an early number and do well throughout all while the commentators are constantly bring up Kane's Rumble history, how he holds the record for most eliminations, how he's come so close several times but hasn't won the Rumble, have him eliminate a lot of people and really get the fans to thinking that he's going to win. I'd have him be one of the last two and come up just short right at the very end. I think they could create some real drama and enthusiasm for Kane and the match in general in that way.

Personally, I don't think he should win it if he does come back for the Rumble. For the most part, I think WWE should mostly use Kane to put other guys over. He's done that quite a bit for a long time. He's made younger guys look good while still looking strong himself. There's also the buzz going around the net that the WWE might be laying the groundwork for Mark Henry vs. Daniel Bryan at WM for the WHC. If they go that way, then Kane winning would leave only the WWE Championship and that doesn't sound particularly interesting.

I say bring Kane back, give him a great showing at the Rumble, maybe put him in the SD! Elimination Chamber match at the EC event but don't put him in a World Championship match for WrestleMania.

I'd prefer Kane as a late Rumble game changer. Somewhere in the mid 20s. It would make for a great transition to the endgame as Kane and whomever is dominating at the time face off and clean up some of the remains, while the last few big names come in in the final spots. I think it would have a bigger impact on the match. Kane as an early surprise would be great, I don't doubt, but I think it'd be a little bit better for him to come in deep.

I certainly can't imagine him winning. Leave that to, I dunno, Triple H probably. He makes for good filler in the EC (maybe even let him go to the last two - he could probably have an exciting conclusion with the inevitable winner) and he'll probably wind up in a filler match at WrestleMania. Probably tagging with the Big Show. It'll be good to have Kane back, he's a good filler guy who can work to get guys over and be entertaining while he's doing it.

I read about this earlier today on the WZ main page but it slipped my mind. I read about it again a few minutes ago on another site and WWE officials are tossing around ideas for Kane's return.

As of right now, the rumor going around is that the favorite idea at this point in time is to bring Kane back as a surprise participant in the Royal Rumble. One of the themes that WWE has been doing for the past several years is to have at least one surprise entrant into the Rumble. Sometimes that surprise entrant has been a wrestler returning from injury, sometimes kayfabe and sometimes real.

I wouldn't mind seeing Kane return at the Rumble. It's an event that he's usually done pretty well in. If they do go forward with this idea, I think it'd work best if Kane enters at an early number and do well throughout all while the commentators are constantly bring up Kane's Rumble history, how he holds the record for most eliminations, how he's come so close several times but hasn't won the Rumble, have him eliminate a lot of people and really get the fans to thinking that he's going to win. I'd have him be one of the last two and come up just short right at the very end. I think they could create some real drama and enthusiasm for Kane and the match in general in that way.

Personally, I don't think he should win it if he does come back for the Rumble. For the most part, I think WWE should mostly use Kane to put other guys over. He's done that quite a bit for a long time. He's made younger guys look good while still looking strong himself. There's also the buzz going around the net that the WWE might be laying the groundwork for Mark Henry vs. Daniel Bryan at WM for the WHC. If they go that way, then Kane winning would leave only the WWE Championship and that doesn't sound particularly interesting.

I say bring Kane back, give him a great showing at the Rumble, maybe put him in the SD! Elimination Chamber match at the EC event but don't put him in a World Championship match for WrestleMania.

I couldn't agree more, I look forward to Kane returning if he does at the Rumble and I think it would be perfect to have him come in relatively early and last most of the match. Building him up throughout the match and talking about his track record would be perfect, and really have him be a force theoughout the match. Kane is at a point in his career where he doesn't nessecarily have to win all the time to still be considered a legitimate force. He can have a strong showing in his returnat the Rumble if that does happen and the continue to put over up and comers for the rest of his career.

If he returned at the Rumble it might just be long enough for him to grow his hair back, and have a more comfortable mask created. I've never been a huge mark for Kane, but I love Glenn Jacobs as much or more than I do Jesse Ventura. I want nothing but the best for the guy, and he was so completely over with the fans when he had the mask I would love to see them find a way to create a mask that fit him comfortably enough to wrestle in again and be the big red machine everyone loved.

I could see Kane returning at the Royal Rumble, and I'm sure he would receive a nice pop from the live crowd, because Kane is one of the more recognizable WWE veterans, and he has gained a nice amount of popularity over the years. Kane could go on a roll, as he eliminates the other wrestlers in the Rumble, but I can't see him winning the whole thing. If Daniel Bryan VS Mark Henry for the WHC actually happens at Wrestlemania, and Kane wins the Rumble, then he would have to wrestle for the WWE Championship, and as Jack-Hammer said, that doesn't sound too interesting. I would love to see Kane put up a good fight at the Rumble, but I just can't see him walking out as the winner, because I think Punk or another new face in the main event scene will challenge for the WWE title.

Either way, I am excited for Kane's return. He's a reliable veteran, who can deliver still deliver some solid matches, and he is still capable of having some entertaining feuds.

Kane's appearances in the Royal Rumble match are nearly all the same to me. Which is not in anyway a bad thing but there are better ways to have him come back as a monster.

WWE could take a similar route that they did with The Big Show and have him go nuts over beating Mark Henry's ass in revenge. With the history if Kane's character being rather dark and more remorseless than Show's this could easily work as a return for Kane. Instead of being in the Royal Rumble match in January he could make an appearance before the PPV and challenge Mark Henry for the title thus giving closure to their feud. I am almost certain he will participate in the elimination chamber match for the World heavyweight championship come February but it still would not give him the revenge on Mark Henry that makes sense storyline wise. Well whatever happens I think he will return just as pissed off at Henry as Big Show was and proceed to continue his beef with Henry until it is DB's turn at Wrestlemania.

I'm a huge Glen Jacobs mark and I love him attitude and what he has done for the business. With that said, I just find the current Kane gimmick so dry and boring (and it kills me to say that). I just think that he should be repackaged. I'm not saying bring the mask back, but if he returns, tweak his character a little. A program with Cody Rhodes perhaps (based on Rhode's mask gimmick) or something to keep him interesting. I just don't want him to become a main event jobber.

On a side note: I will get out of my seat if I hear Slow Chemical at the Rumble, just sayin'.

It would be good for him to return at the Rumble, make a big return and make everyone take notice by just to utterly clean house and show some dominace by eliminating 1/3 of the Rumble and being one of the remaining two (the other, and eventual winner, Wade Barrett) but getting eliminated. Then have a mini-fued to put over the winner.

I love the Mask, but, IMO, it has run its course and the mystery isn't there anymore and would do nothing for him.

i have been dying for kane to return at some point in his career as the old school kane with the mask and as the big red machine that everyone friggin loved back in the day. i would go NUTS if he did that at the royal rumble, i think it would be amazing and the crowd would go insane, IMO.

I'd have Kane enter early in the Rumble and dominate it in the early stages. That is one of the things that I like about the 40 man Rumble match, it has two very distinct stages that allows WWE to accomodate a number of storylines. Anyhow what I would do is for Kane to eliminate say 10 or so people in the Rumble and then be eliminated by either Cody Rhodes or Wade Barrett. Both guys are being pushed heavily by the WWE at the moment and Kane would make a great opponent for either of the two guys. The thing with Kane is that he is as good or bad as he is built up to be. Build him up well from Rumble to Mania and you can have a cracking match at Mania.

I was hoping Kane would come in during Survivor Series during Big Show and Mark Henry's match and that would hoist him into the title picture. It can still happen, and maybe Kane will kickass like he's supposed to do ;)

Kane should come in near the middle/end, eliminate everyone from the ring and then someone like Barrett/Sheamus enters next and eliminates Kane singlehandedly, making them look better than the superstars Kane dominated as a whole

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back