kane's height

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason75

Dark Match Winner
Kane sometimes look short, I remember when he came back as the half masked Kane he appeared to be shorter, I remember Kane and Golddust had a segmant Kane was a couple inch taller, old Kane looked taller, seems to me Kane looks 6'ft7 rather then 6ft8 Kane's Kane's 6ft9 with lifts bare feet 6'8 he seems shorter sometimes.

I didn't get what you said, but I think your going at how Kane looks shorter from time to time and looks taller from time to time.

Kane is around 6ft 8, I think and He might wear lifts in his shoes when he comes to the ring and around backstage to make him look 6ft 9, I dunno.

It's not that he looks like he's changing his height, it's the changing camera angles that make him look taller or shorter in some times.

It's really hard to tell how tall a wrestler is just by watching him on TV. I didn't notice Kane being any taller or shorter than usual, but it's easy for wrestlers to look taller just by wearing lifts. Wrestlers are also not always as tall as listed, as just like NBA players they were sometimes given 1-2 extra inches to make them sound more impressive.

Christ Benoit
Listed: 6'0"
Actual Height: 5'10"

Kurt Angle
Listed: 6'1"
Actual Height: 5'11"

The Undertaker
Listed: 6'10"
Actual Height: 6'8"

Kane
Listed: 7'0"
Actual Height: 6'7"

Kane's height isn't the only one WWE improvised.

From what I know, Kane used to wear lifts earlier in his career so he would look more imposing during his feud with Undertaker. Otherwise it's the camera angles, as peopleschamp said. It's also definitely true that they say different wrestlers height are more than they actually are, they can't come off as 'small' to the fans, as they can lose credibility (despite wrestling skill. It's not so bad these days, but in the 80's and early 90's this was rampant).

On a side note, Vince McMahon used to have to walk on a lower portion of ground when next to wrestlers, so as not to appear taller than them, as Vince is a really tall guy. That's long gone now though, especially considering his Muscle and Fitness cover. Height used to be a real big deal to the fans (still is in some cases).

Add Chris Jericho tot he list. He is really something like 5'10 himself. I guess WWE like to show there guys are big even if they arent. I've even heard that Big Show weights a whole lot less than he is billed. Something like 400-450, but not 500.

i agree with zero, The camera angles is what makes him look shorter or taller, maybe he wears lifts, but the angle is the biggest thing

Like someone posted before me, Kane did wear lifts earlier on to match the height of 'taker. He is a legitamtely tall dude though, so I don't think the lifts where overly large.

Speaking of wrestling federations exaggerating heights, I feel its worst when announcers talk of the height that somone has been thrown or jumped from, i.e. when someone is thrown off the ramp which is referred to as being "10ft", and you then see people's heads nearly touching the top of it. Stupid, imo.

Well, actually it isn't just the angles and lifts. Back when he came out with the half mask, late 2002, he had gotten a lot slimmer. Toned down from 320 to a slim 285. That can play tricks on your eyes right there. But yeah, it does have alot to do with the camera angles.

FLUFF said:
Well, actually it isn't just the angles and lifts. Back when he came out with the half mask, late 2002, he had gotten a lot slimmer. Toned down from 320 to a slim 285. That can play tricks on your eyes right there. But yeah, it does have alot to do with the camera angles.

yea when he came back I personaly thought it was someone different, since he looked different in my eyes.

Well i've seen Kane in person twice and the second time I ran up to ringside
and my god he is quite tall.

He's also quite well built but he did seem bigger when he debuted in 1997 at IYH Badd Blood.

Kane was 330 pounds before he he became the half masked kane, and when he was 330 poound kane he looked alot taller, looked huge. when he came back as the half masked he looked shorter and his weight went from 330 pounds to 285 thats alot of weight to lose,

Kane isn't 6ft7, He's taller then taker i saw Kane and taker in street close Kane looked taller so Kane is 6'8, taker 6'[7

Gogz said:
Like someone posted before me, Kane did wear lifts earlier on to match the height of 'taker. He is a legitamtely tall dude though, so I don't think the lifts where overly large.

Speaking of wrestling federations exaggerating heights, I feel its worst when announcers talk of the height that somone has been thrown or jumped from, i.e. when someone is thrown off the ramp which is referred to as being "10ft", and you then see people's heads nearly touching the top of it. Stupid, imo.
how about when they say things like "that must be a 30 foot ladder" when its more like 16

kane is 6'9 and he does wear wedgies in this shoes u can tell when the camera shows his feet

6 foot 9 sounds about right. You can compare him to Taker from the 1996 Royal Rumble when he wasn't wearing lifts and he was wrestling as...someone else.

TimAH said:
how about when they say things like "that must be a 30 foot ladder" when its more like 16

Yeah that's annoying... also the hell in a cell... that's been described as different heights in the past... how big is that?

I actually like the exaggeration.It actually gets me more into the match.J.R and lawler make a good team.I also like Don west and Mike tenay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back