An Idea for Kane and Daniel Bryan

NotoriousMEAT

TWITTER: @Son_Broku
This might come as a stupid question to some of you since these two have been feuding almost all summer, but this past Monday got me thinking.. Could Kane and Byan become a Tag Team? I don't know where the storyline and anger management skits are all leading to, and I doubt it'll lead to this new team. But what if it did?

2i8em44.png

Over the course of this summer, Kane once again transitioned effortlessly from heel to face. I'm gonna go ahead and say it now.. Kane is the most ADAPTABLE superstar in the history of WWE. He pulls of face/heel turns without trouble, and usually without much question from the fans. Even with this recent sadistic heel run Kane just came off of.. his face turn still came naturally. Another key to his adaptability.. his history as a tag team competitor and champion. Yeah he's had some of obvious unions with The Undertaker and Big Show.. but how successful was his run with X-Pac? Remember when he and The Hurricane joined forces? Or how long he and Rob Van Dam were a duo on RAW? Even with such a distinct character.. Kane makes it work. Daniel Bryan himself, is technically a heel. But he's still one of the most OVER superstars in the fed today. Half the crowd cheers him anyways.. so it wouldn't be hard to get anybody behind this team. Daniel Bryan wouldn't turn face, rather the intrigue would be these two.. just as they are.. working together. The only question would be WHY? Why would these two form a tag team? I see one of two ways considering where we're at right now.

1) The therapist running their anger management classes reccomends they team up one night after their personal issues become a hot topic of discussion. Maybe it works, maybe they keep with it for a while.

2) General Manager AJ does it just for shits and giggles. That seems to be the primary motive behind most her decisions anyways.

Regardless of which scenario, if this were to take place, it wouldn't be a long term union obviously. It'd be a great new interesting twist to RAW for a few months. Maybe Kane and DB defeat Kofi and Truth for the Tag Team Championships. I know I wouldn't mind that. I'm just tired of their reign, and the decision makers seem hesitant to pull the trigger on the Prime Time Players. Kane and Bryan would probably be a hot part of Monday Nights. They'd have momentum, then for whatever reason, Daniel Bryan.. who would never fully turn face.. would betray Kane's trust, THEN allowing the Prime Time Players to claim the Tag Team titles. Then Kane and Daniel Bryan can finish off their feud towards the end of the year with a PPV match or two.

So there's my random idea for the day.
What do you think?
Do you like this tag team idea? Why or why not?
How would you form, then use, then disband this team?

When I first read the idea I thought that it was not a very good one, but after reading your elaboration I think there is potential behind it. Bryan is a world championship caliber wrestler and everyone knows this, however; Bryan has already had a feud with both champions during their current reigns. Having another one during the same reign is something WWE is not very fond of so placing Bryan "where he belongs" is not going to happen soon. So, while Bryan is not in the championship picture, he still needs to maintain relevancy and the Kane storyline has done a great job of doing just that. Fans seem to love it and both Kane and Bryan have thrived. The looming problem is obviously that these anger management skits cannot go on forever and Kane and Bryan cannot keep wrestling eachother...so where do you go from there? I like the tagteam idea more and more everytime I now think about it. If any two current wrestlers can pull a face/heel team and a successful one at that, I think Kane and Bryan can do it. I agree that it can't last too long though because having an unquestionably singles wrestler (Bryan) as a tag-team championship will hurt the division and will briefly quell any progress that the WWE has made in it. Brayn (a singles superstar) will control the tag-team division because if Kane & Bryan do win the belt, the only way the belt will be taken from them is as you mentioned when Bryan decides to screw Kane. PTP, Epico & Primo, Gabriel & Kidd will never get over Kane & Bryan cleanly.

I would have it last a month or two, then have them drop the belts to PTP like you said and from there move onto a final Kane/Bryan match also just like you said. Bryan would win, and from there can move onto feud with a championship, most likely the WHC because Dwayne, Punk, and Cena will be clogging the WWE Championship. I believe forming Kane & Bryan into a tagteam is a good idea in that it is a great way of keeping two very different-in-stages-of-their-career wrestlers relevant and interesting for the time being.

Of all the dream tag teams being offered by other posters recently, yours is the best so far :thumbsup: Now that you've mentioned it, Daniel Bryan's Anger Management Classes with Kane could potentially lead to them becoming a future tag team. Plus, they're NOT gonna be two random guys who'll be paired up together because they DO have some "anger issues" going on with their respective gimmicks. Kane could really use this angle for him to follow-up his feud with Bryan.

Like you've said, let the Anger Management Classes recommend that they team up. First, I'd have them show hostility against one another but winning tag matches. Next, during and after their third straight tag team win, I'd let them show signs of being on the same page. Then, I'd let Kane do a promo next week with his entrance and his pyrotechnics, with a heel tag team, maybe the Prime Time Players, beating him up after - only for Bryan to heroically make the save, effectively making him a face as well (Vince DID say that he could effortlessly turn Bryan into a face anytime since he's very over) and solidifying their tag team run.

They could then enter a feud with the PTP with them coming up on top and then challenge for the WWE Tag Team Championships - winning them on their first attempt. Let them have a solid four-month reign with the titles with a solid tag team bond.

Then, let them be forced to fight against each other for the Number One Contender's Spot for the Intercontinental Championship with a classic face vs. face - with Kane winning their match. Bryan show signs of turning heel again by disapproving of Kane's win. On the IC Match, Kane wins his third IC Title, fueling Bryan's jealousy. They lose their next tag team match against the PTP by Bryan walking out on Kane, earning the PTP title shots. On the WWE Tag Match, they drop the tag titles to the PTP, the very tag team that got them together in the first place, by Bryan backstabbing Kane, thus renewing their feud. Bryan challenges and wins Kane's IC Title by cheating, with Kane wanting a rematch. On the IC Rematch, both brawl on the outside and not answer the 10-count, causing a double count-out and giving Kane another rematch. On the second IC Rematch, Bryan hits Kane with his belt, causing a disqualification, which prompts AJ to book a Best-of-Five Series to determine the true holder of the IC Title. Kane finally defeats Bryan by a close score of 3-2, giving him his fourth IC Reign and the respect the veteran deserves.

I already thought of this just do not post very often on tehse threads..... the reason it works is the same as why xpac and kane worked so well..... i remember them as a team and it was way over...... having it become a task from the anger management person and then them winning but kane chokeslamming him afterwards and then the next week they win and the yes or no lock is applied to kane and then it goes from there.,...

What do you think?
I'm sorry but NO! NO! NO!
No, neither man SHOULD or NEEDS to be in a tag team. Neither are a clear face or heel and banning them together would do that (most likely face IMO, since it would such be Bryan crazier.) And who would they feud with? They are above any teams currently and I don't see any solid new tag teams or factions coming anytime soon. It just doesn't connect for me.
The only way to do this right would be if they formed together for a reason connected with the Anger Managment/Being Crazy angle. Like banning together to fight a force in their class or something. And The only thing I can think of would be Dean Ambrose debuting and them taking on Ambrose w/AJ and Ambrose slowly getting under their skin & getting the better of them with them eventually turning on each other. Which wouldn't be bad if they want Ambrose heel but everyone seems to think Ambrose debuting from this angle is stupid.

everyone seems to think Ambrose debuting from this angle is stupid.

There is a reason a lot of people think it is stupid for Ambrose to debut off this. Yes he is the current hot IWC guy, but outside of the IWC and those who followed FCW, and in his hometown, very few people know who Ambrose is. All of the reports say the crowd has been absolutely dead when he works dark matches on Raw.

Plus they don't debut guys in big profile feuds anymore. The days of Jericho interrupting the Rock are long gone until another company can build stars to a rival level as the WWE.

Kane is a veteran who has been with the company for years, and while he doesn't draw like he once did, he is still a top guy. Bryan is a top guy who is massively over right now. They aren't going to debut a relative unknown, no matter how skilled they appear to be, in a high profile feud and risk killing it with said unknown getting no reaction.

Tag Team is very easy to do, just team them up in order to get over their anger issues by either AJ or the help group. However I do fear it could lead them into being a comedy tag team rather than a serious one, which they should be. Breaking them up is easy to do to, just have one of them snap and that ends it like that. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a tag turmoil at Night of Champions that these two will come out as the champions.

Putting Bryan in a tag team is a cheap and easy way to make the crowd seem interested in the belts, might help the lesser tag teams to get noticed and play along with the Yes, No (although to the point it doesn't become a comedy act) chant.. we did see a glimpse of it with R-Truth on Monday. Its better than keeping the belts on a tag team that need a purpose and the lesser ones who just don't cut it yet.

First I am curious on how fast Charlie Sheen was forgotten. I am also wonder why no one has made the Charlie sheen "Anger management" TV show and same on WWE TV.

A tag team I doubt it but having charlie sheen bring them together that would be interesting. But having a heel have anger issues and solving them is going to push them face.

Here is what I expect. Charlie Sheen gets in on the anger management. He seems to have cure Kane but Bryan thinks he is a scam and decides to go after him. Kane protects sheen and then you get Charlie at a PPV like Survivor or Royal Rumble vs D. Bryan however kane either teaches sheen some holds and bumps or ( more likely) sheen has Kane wrestle in his place.

These brings star power to the WWE and it is clear as day they want that because they are paying for the Rock, hoping he brings a Hollywood fans to the WWE.

To start off i fully endorse the op. I thought of starting this thread before but couldn't, anyway I wanna see Kane and Bryan make ppl care for tag titles and get that title over with the crowd.

There is a reason a lot of people think it is stupid for Ambrose to debut off this. Yes he is the current hot IWC guy, but outside of the IWC and those who followed FCW, and in his hometown, very few people know who Ambrose is.
Plus they don't debut guys in big profile feuds anymore. The days of Jericho interrupting the Rock are long gone until another company can build stars to a rival level as the WWE.
And it seems to be SORELY impacting their process of creating talent. Every guy now debuts as either:
-A behemoth that demolishes all the competition until they actually face anyone of importance (Tensai, Brodus, Ryback)
or
-The Smooth Talking Heel (Sandow, Cesaro, The Miz)

We never see a guy debut and instantly make an impact anymore. It is either beating up jobbers or talking to annoy the audience.

I thought this was always a key to the success of guys like Undertaker, The Rock, & Jericho. You debut a guy so they STICK IN YOUR HEAD! Yeah the audience loves a story of a guy working his way to the top & earning his strips but what about the people you speak of who don't know Ambrose and his body of work, for them to care they need to see something that interests them so that they WANT to see him reach the top level.

Well I think they would be ALOT more inclined to care & give a reaction if:
- He debuted as some mental patent or some big personality in the class
- Ran some promo's/segments why he is in the class & his history (not just "this guy is coming" or have him stand in front of flames like Sin Cara.)
- Instantly started interacting with the likes of AJ, Kane, & Bryan
- Ambrose started feuding with Bryan (which could be great stories & AMAZING matches!) and fed of his positive reaction to garnish some true heel heat

I think that would do WORLDS better for him AND the audience watching, rather than just have him come out and beat a jobber on Smackdown or cut a generic promo one random night about how he doesn't like the city he is in or something.

All of the reports say the crowd has been absolutely dead when he works dark matches on Raw.
And as for this comment, I think this is HIGHLY specualtion. I haven't read any reports claiming the crowd was "dead" or anything of the sort. Every match of his from FCW or his Dark Matches on youtube all seem to get a solid reaction.

Either way whether it is Ambrose or not I think WWE needs to add someone (relatively new) to this feud. The videos of the anger managment classes really ressurected this angle/feud and they need to capatalize on it. I think bringing another character in via the videos of the classes makes PERFECT sense and would really freshin' this feud up and make it MUCH more interesting.

Bryan is performing far too well on his own for this to be more than a two or three week thing. It may lead to some laughs and get these two guys on a card that is kind of full but Bryan has been too popular and entertaining on his own to be relegated to the weak tag division.

Although after him facing Truth this week and his Little Jimmy lunacy it may be the direction WWE is going.

I like the idea but it should stay as far away as it can from the tag team division. The WWE are trying to get the division back on it's feet with legit tag teams, and putting Kane & Bryan in the division would just waste more time rebuilding credibility back in the tag team division since they wouldn't be a real tag team & they'd be temporary, and it would also get a lot of complaints. Peeps have always complained about the division being weak cause random temporary pairings keep on getting the belts, and they are right, and you'd also get a lot of bitchfits about how this is a stepdown for Bryan, which it is, since Bryan's been doing far too good on his own and the tag division isn't there yet. This team would also take the focus off the other tag teams, and for the tag division to get over again, the focus needs to be on the legit teams that need it more. If this team is gonna happen, it should be against other random pairings in the upper midcard and only be for a few weeks.

I say do the Bryan/Kane tag team. Kofi Kingston & R-Truth are "above" the tag division as well, and thus need another random pairing to get the belts off of them. Have Bryan & Kane win the titles. Since Zack Ryder appears to have been sucked into the angle as well, you could have Bryan and Kane taking turns knocking Ryder around in squash matches. Then Bryan & eventually drop the titles to a reunited Ryder/Curt Hawkins due to miscommunication. Bryan and Kane have a blowoff match to end the feud afterwards and the tag belts ultimately end up on a "real team".

First off I just want to say the OP makes a solid argument here and I think this idea is at least worth consideration. I don't believe its the way they will go and believe that the current plan is for Kane to team with Ryder. This makes a little more sense to me and would give Ryder a much needed boost. If this happens I would also expect Bryan to join a team of some sort in the near future.

Secondly, you guys are absolutely insane. I used to be a fan of the IWC and really enjoy time spent on this website and others. Now, all you see is ridiculous posts that completely undermine the product in general. Let me clarify, I'm not referring to the general conversation on Bryan and Kane, but the talk jumping to Ambrose's debut. When he debuts he will most likely do it as a heel, which fits his character best. The IWC is going to ruin that, you have already built him up so much that its hard for me to believe he won't initially receive a mixed reaction. Next, you guys don't know anything about him! Don't lie to me and say you have watched multiple matches or extensive amounts of his work. Sure, I've seen some promos and a match or two and he looks pretty good but this is getting out of hand. Even one idiot pointed to how great the matches with him and DBryan would be! How can you possibly know?? Could we please just take a step back and watch for once and not overhype and ruin the debut of someone with potential?

It's not a bad idea at all, i'm not saying put them in a tag team straight away, where they'll have a stupid joint name, but because of the anger management, If the E starts just putting them together in random tag matches as a way of getting over their angers, then it would work, have them be that kind of team that don't get along but dominate in matches.. when you've got a technician and a powerhouse in a team, it's kinda like Hart Foundation isn't it? Maybe give them a run at the Tag titles, who knows.. But as for right now, the way it's going, I don't really see them teaming up just yet..

Never say never though.

Bryan is performing far too well on his own for this to be more than a two or three week thing.

That's the thing. Wrestlers who have their own program going don't need to be placed in tag teams; that's more for performers who don't have programs or compelling identities of their own to work with (McIntyre, Kidd, etc)..... or for people who have been designated to work in "permanent" tag teams (Usos, Kofi/R-Truth, etc.) Of course, in pro wrestling, nothing is actually "permanent"......but a tag team might be designated as such at the time.

Daniel has his unique thing going with the entire audience; what is Kane supposed to be doing while Daniel is squaring off against fans at ringside? Meanwhile, Kane is the ultimate loner, working his way through the roster and never letting us know for sure who he'll be attacking (or assisting) next. Neither one of these guys has a need for the other, but as GSB says, it could be a fun pairing for a couple of weeks.

I like the idea of Kane and Daniel Bryan teaming up. It's a great idea that features a very unlikely duo and it'd lead to all sorts of entertaining moments. The anger management class scenes do appear to be going in that direction. They get forced to interact due to AJ's actions. Their anger management therapist could encourage them to work together to overcome their differences only for them to get upset at him and attack him, then suddenly realize that they do work well together when they have a common goal. Their entrance themes would need to get mashed up for their new entrance together. They would go through each tag team in the division so that they all get a chance to work with main eventers.

In promos they'd do stuff such as Bryan continuing to do his "NO! NO! NO!" thing if the fans cheer for them while Kane tries to get him to embrace his hatred, it'd be hilarious. A run with the giant pennies would be up for discussion and I wouldn't mind seeing it. Then when the time comes to split them up, Bryan would be the one who needs to emerge as the one being booked stronger. Kane's been around a lot longer and Bryan will need the momentum when he goes back to being a singles star. Bryan finally WOULD embrace the hate after Kane keeps telling him to, attacking him to disband them for good after having been together long enough to hold the giant pennies and feud with every tag team. It could be the best randomly paired two main eventers in a tag team since JeriShow if done right.

I had a similar kind of idea pop into my head with these two. I didn't give it nearly the serious thought the OP did.

I can see both sides of this debate because both have brought up good points. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing this come about though.

The idea of putting Bryan & Kane together due, in part, to their "anger management issues" and the crap with AJ does have a plausible ring to it. They're a good mix of size & strength coupled with athleticism & technical prowess. We've seen Kane do surprisingly well in similar teams in the past. Daniel Bryan is pretty much gold right now, he's consistently entertaining in whatever he's in and we all know he's got it inside the ring. There's a good possibility that this team would be a good addition to the tag team scene. It's lacking star power at this time and, right now, Daniel Bryan has that. Kane's a versatile veteran that always somehow manages to find his way into something useful, usually with entertaining results. This team would draw attention, I think, and it could have something as long as WWE didn't try to make either or both of them into a clown. The fact that Bryan & Kane seemed to interact well in the first anger management class skits might indicate that a team is possibly going to be formed. I think there'll be more of them over the next couple of weeks, so a lot can happen. The fact that they didn't fight at the "class", like I figured they would, was an interesting turn.

Is it the best use of Daniel Bryan all in all? Probably not when you consider that he's shown that he's got the talent to be a major player in the WWE in the long run. But, this might be the best way to use Bryan, and Kane for that matter, for the time being. The WWE & World Heavyweight Championship scenes are already pretty well set for the forseeable future. It's going to be Sheamus & Del Rio at least until after NOC. Randy Orton is waiting in the wings for his shot as is Dolph Ziggler. Over in the WWE Championship side, it's going to be Cena & Punk for much of the rest of this year I'd imagine. Then The Rock is going to be brought into the picture for the RR. I'd say WWE is going for either Cena vs. Rock II for WM, if Rock's schedule allows it, or possibly Punk vs. Cena in some sort of major gimmick match like an Iron Man match or something. Either way, both the World Championship pictures in WWE are locked tight right now and that's probably not likely to change to any substantial degree until after WrestleMania next year.

As far as the mid-card scene goes, having Bryan feud with Antonio Cesaro over the United States Championship would be a step back for Bryan right now. The WWE needs to get behind Cesaro and do something as the guy's got talent. Having Cesaro drop the title to Bryan won't accomplish anything and having Bryan come out on the losing end will only lower his stock right now as Cesaro isn't on his level at this time. Bryan could feud with The Miz over the IC title. Bryan would be a good IC champ but, again, just giving Miz a lame duck run just seems like a major waste. As both guys are heels, it's also unlikely. The fact that Bryan's on another level right now and spent the first first 7 months of 2012 wrestling as a World Champion or trying to become a World Champion shows me that it'd be a waste of time to have Bryan just spin his wheels aimlessly in the mid-card scene wrestling in feuds against Zack Ryder or Brodus Clay.

Teaming with Kane could give Bryan something meaningful to do, could bring another level of star power & popularity to the tag team scene that it currently doesn't have and they might actually turn out to be an entertaining team. Realistically, I like the option better than having Bryan waste his time beating guys in the mid-card picture that aren't on his level or continuing to feud with Kane.

I like the Idea of a Kane and Bryan team. I imagine it being somewhat similar to the MVP and Matt Hardy situation, constantly bickering, but making it work. Forced together by their Therapist Kane and Bryan split up while still holding the titles and decide to pick their own partners to crown the half-new tag team champs. Kane picks Ryder or Harold if he can actually wrestle and Bryan picks Ambrose. Give the match 20 minutes and it'll easily be in the top 10 Raw matches this year. Bryan and Ambrose win, and Kane chokeslams his partner. The anger management counselor then says Kane will need intensive treatment, and Kane basically gets a kind of Clockwork Orange gimmick albeit watered down for the PG rating.

If the WWE wants to throw Ambrose immediately into the angle, or have him debut on RAW this year, they should do it on the November 12th RAW it is in Columbus, Ohio and Ambrose is from Cincinatti, Ohio. He would get a decent reaction, which would make the average viewer assume he's famous from ROH or TNA. Also anyone paired with Bryan will get a reaction.

The end result would be one great Tag Team and a 'cured' Kane.

Could be a good idea and it seems they might be planning on going the root of teaming these 2 up at some stage.
It looks to me as if they are going to have the 2 of them try and control their anger and go on losing streaks because of it. Bryan got counted out on Raw because he tried to control his anger and then it got the better of him costing him the match. Kane came out on SD! and said sorry to Josh Matthews and said he was trying to control his anger and then he lost.
I think WWE is going to have the two men become passive and in control of their anger issues only to consistently lose matches, until 1 of them finally realises that what allowed them to be so effective in the ring was their aggression and their anger. After this the 2 will go on a rampage as a team being fuelled by their anger issues and win the tag titles. They will hold the titles for a while and then eventually lose them causing a split in the team and a feud between the 2, which should culminate their on going feud and give some good television all the while.

I know some people feel that this angle is how they will debut Ambrose but I don't see it. I can understand how he would fit in if he is going to use an insane gimmick but how exactly would he come into it?
I suppose he could be the one that shows Kane and Bryan that they need their anger to win matches and they could make a stable of some sorts but WWE isn't really big on stables at the moment so I don't think that will happen.
I don't see him being brought in by Bryan after the split (assuming this is what WWE does) to help beat Kane because Bryan has proved before that he can beat Kane straight up 1v1 so why would he bring in help. If for some reason he did then usually this would end with Kane teaming up with someone to take on that pairing and that someone would usually be Undertaker but I don't see that happening either. So who would be his partner? Mick Foley?-Could happen but I don't think Foley wants to work with Ambrose anymore.

So I think the tag team will happen, and it's a good idea ,but I don't see how Ambrose would fit into the mix really.

I had a similar kind of idea pop into my head with these two. I didn't give it nearly the serious thought the OP did.

I don't believe you.

The idea of a Kane and Daniel Bryan tag team is a good one - yes, even after they beat each other with chairs last night. Let's assume, for some nutty reason, that the tag champions are the gold standard, and weigh up the pros and cons.

Kofi Kingston and R-Truth:
  • They're both black

Kane and Daniel Bryan:
  • Have actual chemistry

They're a better pair than any of the actual tag teams right now and they don't even wear co-ordinated underwear.

Could Kane and Byan become a Tag Team?

2i8em44.png

After watching Raw both last week and tonight, it looks like your dream team of Kane and Bryan COULD possibly come to fruition. Not many people, if at all, get to call two singles competitors teaming up. Their storyline could even go in the same direction like Team Santino-Kozlov, with Santino getting an initially-reluctant Kozlov to team with him, or like Team Matt-MVP, with Matt and MVP trying to one-up the other and being forced to team-up. Either way, I'll definitely enjoy how they'll be formed. Good job if they do team-up :thumbsup:

What do you think?
I think everyone should vote #tagitout b'cos #hugitout & #fightitout will only lead to the same & thats to have a match on the next PPV.

I like the idea of the team but it won't go on for too long, perhaps 3/4 months tops.

With the tag titles HAVING to the be at stake at NOC, if they are going down the tag turmoil route, I would love to see something as to what they did with another tag turmoil (i think it was in 2004 when the dudleys won the match but then the Bishoff said that their was another team and flair & batista came out and won the match) II would have kofi&truth retain and then AJ comes out and says that their is still 1 team to compete.. it goes dark, fire blasts, kane music hits and daniel is in the ring and kicks truth and crossfaces kofi to win the match and the titles.

I would for the next 3 months have them beat teams for the belts on both the R
&S and the PPV's no matter if it's heels or faces that face them. I would eventually have them have a title match against a team such as Usos or Gabriel/Kidd and Kane & Bryan have had enough of each other, Kane chokeslams Bryan, the other team gets the win, wins the belts and then kane&bryan feud for the next month and have a last man standing match at TLC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back