• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**MERGED** Miz Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Miz is destined to lose this championship. There is no question about it. He can't defend his title without his little cronies cole and Alex Riley. First vs. King on raw, then at TLC vs. Randy Orton. All these cheap wins just further prove how much he sucks. The Miz IMO is the most over rated wrestler on the roster. He had potential but the WWE is burying him and his credibility as a champion. So my question is

1) What needs to happen to make Miz a credible champion

2) Does A-Rye drag him down?

3) Should he lose the title, turn face, and try again?

Go.

You're so igborant. The Miz is playing the PERFECT heel role, especially for a heel who just cashed in MITB. He's suppose to make it seem like he can lose the strap at any time, he's doing that. To gain credibility you're suppose to be good at what you do and the Miz is sneaking victories like his life depends on it. The Miz is becoming a credible champion, A-Ry is playing his role perfectly too, doing the dirty work then getting beat up. The Miz works great as a heel and shouldn't turn face until his charector is good enough to win without cheating. Quit being a hater.

HE IS A HEEL!! For the LOVE--dude. I don't want to be rude but The Miz is a heel. He is not Cena, he is not the babyface. There is nothing wrong with him using Riley to win against Orton. Hell when Orton was heel he used Legacy to win matches. It's what heels do, just chill out. Calm down yo forreal

The best heels have sidekicks who help them win, thats what makes people hate them. Remember when HBK was with DX, Hunter or Chyna always helped him win!!! People would get so mad. WWE needs more underhanded winning. I am not huge Miz fan, but this is my fav storyline with him in it, it is so good to see new talent headlining. JoMo can come out be the hero and Alex Riley and Miz can shaft him, therefore getting JoMo over with the crowd more.

I understand what your all saying, I'm not an idiot. I should have been more clear in the post. Because yes, the miz IS a good heel, but I'm talking about his credability as a wrestler. Before he was champ he won clean, he proved that he was a good wrestler, but now that he IS champ, it's like he lost all his talent. I want to see him back up his talk. Prove that he is everything he says he is whether people like it or not. That kind of thing. I hate to see him suck compared to king, i mean come on. Thats all

i agree that Miz is overrated but you're going a lil too far. miz is good, but not yet as believeable to be champ, i really think they should have waited until like extreme rules or something, so they could have him get a nice good winning streak or something, have him get a solid win over someone credible at mania. then have him cash in and defend over the summer or something. i don't think he is amazing like everyone here does, but he has improved ten fold. but i still don't buy him as champ, and i hope (but doubt) that jomo takes it from him.

I hate to see him suck compared to king, i mean come on. Thats all

what are you talking about, Miz carried King through that match and made him look tough, that is a very credible thing to do, and that is why Miz is the shit right now. You are suppose to hate him, he is suppose to look like he can't win on his own, it makes you HATE HIS GUTS. That is talent!

Dude, it was a TLC match, where anything can happen, it's like King went toe to toe with Miz in a straight match and had the edge... The Miz is like all great heels, he makes whoever he's fighting look like a million dollars. He's like Jericho, he can have to cheat to beat some lower card scrub one minute and the next take it to a main event force and be believable doing it. He's going to keep cheating to win and keep retaining the title, making fans hate him more and more with each tainted victory. And no matter how the wins comes, the longer he holds that belt, the more legitimate he will seem in the fans' eyes. The mark of a great heel is the ability to cheat 6 ways to Sunday to eek out a win and still come out of the match more over than you went into it.

Another very original Miz thread...yawn.
1.) In the eyes of fans that don't over analyze every little thing the WWE does, the Miz will never be a credible champion. That is because he is a heel and people do not like him. Also everyone always throws around the phrase "credible" champion. Who decides who is and who isn't a credible champion? It's personal opinion and nothing else.
2.) A-Ri and his involvement in the Miz's matches has gotten tons of heat. Crowds hate Riley and that hatred rubs off on the Miz. What are heels supposed to do? Have crowds hate them. Therefore, I'd say Riley is doing his job and not dragging Miz down.
3.) Besides maybe Barrett, Miz is the most hated guy on the WWE roster right now. Turning him face at this point would really not make sense. He gets the job done and is a top heel.
Whether or not you like him really has nothing to do with this entire situation. He's the bad guy right now. The WWE put him there and he gets a ton of boos. Ratings have not dropped since Miz won the title and the world has not ended as so many in the IWC predicted. Also whether you hate the Miz because you're a casual fan and it's because he's a heel or because you don't respect his ability they both translate to the same thing: not liking him. That's the goal. That's what heels do.

Edit* I think some of the snappy responses to the OP has to do with the thread title. It seems like the title of the thread and what he is actually saying are two different things.

I understand what your all saying, I'm not an idiot. I should have been more clear in the post. Because yes, the miz IS a good heel, but I'm talking about his credability as a wrestler. Before he was champ he won clean, he proved that he was a good wrestler, but now that he IS champ, it's like he lost all his talent. I want to see him back up his talk. Prove that he is everything he says he is whether people like it or not. That kind of thing. I hate to see him suck compared to king, i mean come on. Thats all

the thing is though, miz really didn't wrestle that match good, i mean king really led miz through that match. like king made that match good, he made it watchable. so yea it did hurt his credibility as a wrestler because he's the champ, the retired announcer shouldn't be carrying the "new face of the company through a match"
so you can't really blame king, you can only blame king lol

The Miz is destined to lose this championship. There is no question about it. He can't defend his title without his little cronies cole and Alex Riley. First vs. King on raw, then at TLC vs. Randy Orton. All these cheap wins just further prove how much he sucks. The Miz IMO is the most over rated wrestler on the roster. He had potential but the WWE is burying him and his credibility as a champion. So my question is

Go.

Are you serious? Before The Rock & HHH ever turned face, they needed all the help they could get to keep any & all titles. Randy Orton just last year needed Legacy to maintain the title. When you're up and coming, you're not, with the exception of Kane, going to win many matches clean. It's not to make you look weak but to keep the top level talent, especially the FACES that SELL, looking as powerful as can be.

Do you not remember this time last year Sheamus couldn't keep his title, clean, either? It's worked for years and years and if it isn't broke, they're not going to try and fix it...

So, to answer your questions:
1. He is already a credible champion. His mic work is second to few, if anybody right now and his in-ring work isn't too bad either. He does everything outside the squared circle to promote himself, and more importantly, the business. Also, he's been in the business long enough. Now, if you mean having his character seem like "championship level" that's all in booking. They need to book him in clean wins,b ut considering he is one of the biggest heels in the company, he's not going to win clean against the first few tiers of talent until he gets a face turn.

2. Alex Riley doesn't drag The Miz down...But I do fear that Riley is dragging himself down as he is doing absolutely nothing and that kid has gobs of talent.

3. No. No reason to make Miz face, you have the two biggest stars in the business today on Raw, and they're both faces. Edge is also a face, there are just too many faces. The top level of heels right now on Raw are Sheamus, Barrett & Miz. Honestly, Miz is the best of that bunch at the moment, in my opinion.

i was so happy he won it...think about it...if orton was still champ how fecken boring would his title defenses be? orton is pretty much a one trick pony and should only be used as a heel and not a babyface or babyheel. i'm sure wwe knows that they have no storylines if orton was champ...he kind of sucks too his "5 moves of doom" are as routine as it gets...almost as bad as cena's...

miz needs to cut down on those burgers and riley needs signature moves...sometime next year riley and miz will start a feud and break up

Miz, Randy Orton, John Cena, Edge, and now John Morrison are carrying this company on their backs and are making it a ton of money. Miz deserves to be on top like he is and will be in the future. I mean this guy works just as hard as Cena on tv and behind the scenes, also traveling across the country talking on radio stations daily, going on talk shows and countless other things. He is not losing his credibility as a wrestler, If anything he is getting stronger and stronger as he is building up to his big Face push within the next year or 2. I mean look at Orton, Like someone else said here he used Legacy to do his dirty work but eventually it all worked itself out to push him to be one of the biggest face turns in WWE history... Vince McMahon is not an idiot, their has to be wrestlers to carry on the torch and well like it or not These are the guys!!!! AWESOME!!!!

ummm you kind of made the argument against yourself...what's the freshest thing to come to wwe in the past year?

...nexus

nexus, sheamus, miz, and alberto del rio are carrying wwe....wtf do the faces do if there were no nexus or sheamus etc...???? they dont do anything and they run out of anything close to a storyline...

Edge is a carryover and his reigns are getting washed up since he's constantly between face and heel...cena sucks which is why they brought in nexus to try to amp him up...i'm sure batista got sick of cena, which is why he left....orton is way too predictable...morrison, as i've said has no mic skills

You know what gets me? The fact that no one even wants to give Miz ANY credit whatsoever. This guy has worked his ASS off to get where he is today. He went from being a reality show star to a hated guy backstage because he was famous. Now look at him. He is the face of Raw for the time being. Look at his story...

Coming from a fan to fans, can you really hate this guy? We all have been watching wrestling for years and maybe even thought about being a wrestler or the "what ifs". The Miz was that guy at one time, and look at him now. Realizing his dream of being a pro wrestler. He is just like the rest of us, and he is living the dream. Why hate a guy for that?

Now for his character, he is playing the heel perfectly. To the OP, you cant understand how he can win clean all the time, and now he cant? He cant be a credible champ? How so man? He won all those matches clean so we can believe he belongs in the spot he is in. Now that he is there, he doesnt HAVE to win clean. He has the leverage to win however he wants. He is a great heel, with a great sidekick. As everyone else has stated, all the greats at one time had a sidekick. Dont knock Miz just yet. If you hate him that much, he is doing his job pretty damn well. Get over it

You know what gets me? The fact that no one even wants to give Miz ANY credit whatsoever. This guy has worked his ASS off to get where he is today. He went from being a reality show star to a hated guy backstage because he was famous. Now look at him. He is the face of Raw for the time being. Look at his story...

Coming from a fan to fans, can you really hate this guy? We all have been watching wrestling for years and maybe even thought about being a wrestler or the "what ifs". The Miz was that guy at one time, and look at him now. Realizing his dream of being a pro wrestler. He is just like the rest of us, and he is living the dream. Why hate a guy for that?

Now for his character, he is playing the heel perfectly. To the OP, you cant understand how he can win clean all the time, and now he cant? He cant be a credible champ? How so man? He won all those matches clean so we can believe he belongs in the spot he is in. Now that he is there, he doesnt HAVE to win clean. He has the leverage to win however he wants. He is a great heel, with a great sidekick. As everyone else has stated, all the greats at one time had a sidekick. Dont knock Miz just yet. If you hate him that much, he is doing his job pretty damn well. Get over it
that's the beauty of TV...morons don't know what they're watching...heels are the reason you keep coming back for more...but if you have crappy faces like wwe has then the heels really need to carry some stink...people are stupid...they'll eat up anything and brainwash the audience/tv viewers...

miz has good mic skills and he brings the story and entertainment...cena? orton? dry boring shit

the miz does not suck. i believe the writers wrote for what happened to happen not the miz. besides hes a heel and orton is one of the biggest stars in the buisness today. of course miz wasnt going to win clean. hes doing his job. hes doing what hes told to do and hes doing his job to make you hate him. thats his role as a heel, to make people hate him and question him. the miz deserves the wwe title. he has won numerous other titles in the past. he a former multiple time tag team champion, a multiple time us champion, a unified tag team champion, the first person to unify the us championship and the unified tag titles, a money in the bank winner, and currently the wwe champion. he also single handedly toured and advertized the current wwe smackdown vs, raw 2011 video game. AND he has produced alot of media attention for the wwe since becoming champion. he has done so much for the wwe and put the wwe first before himself. he is one of the best stars wwe has when it comes to mic skills and work ethic and his in ring ability is not bad at all. give the guy a break.

There's really not much more else to say. The Miz is a heel character being a heel. His job is to make you hate him, and the best way for him to do that is to cheat to win. If anything, his cunningness proved himself as a worthy champion. You don't need to be a powerhouse and run over your opponent to be a good champion, and that's been established over wrestling kayfabe, in all promotions. He is not doing anything unique to his character that would make anyone believe he's somehow less of a champion.

If anything, he kind of reminded me of Eddie tonight. It's textbook Lie, Cheat, and Steal.

You know what I find interesting? People who love The Miz are the same people who hate Cena because he only does 5 moves. Then again, they also love Daniel Bryan because of his wrestling skills. Basically, they're hypocrites. Or, they really don't understand what they want. If you complain about Cena's in-ring ability, you can't say that The Miz deserves to be champion. The Miz is currently the weakest champion since David Arquette. His 2 title defenses have been a win over a 50 year old (& he needed Cole's help) & having to use incredibly cheap tactics to beat Orton. Yeah, I get the heel thing, but there are better ways to book a heel to win a match. You know why The Miz didn't put Orton thru a table? Because he's physically weak. There's no way he ever could've lifted Orton to put him thru a table. Why not have him beat Orton like Sheamus beat Cena last year? At least The Miz would've won cleanly & become a stronger champion. The Miz is a god awful champion, and no amount of talk show interviews will change that.

well hold up i dont think you guys really understand what he meant cause i rember when the miz first came into the wwe and hell yeah he has payed his dues to be champion . but theses wins he is geting is making him look kinnda weak i mean look at sheamus when he was champoin they did not make him look weak to me its not that his is getting easy wins cause ok we know hes a heel his is supposed to get heat in witch he does. but you at least have to belive that the champ could hold his own aganist who ever he wrestles even if he did cheat to win. i mean hbk fought undertaker in a hell in the cell he won because of kane but even tho hbk was fighting the great undertaker if he had won clean you could still beilive it becasue of hbk skill. but do you think that miz could beat hhh? or edge/ of kane? i mean i understand the topic of this post means he just saying the way there are showcasing miz makes him look weak he can main event wrestlemania if they make him look more legit as a champion but right now that seems far fetch as the moment

Go.

Do you understand professional wrestling AT ALL? The Miz is a HEEL! He's being booked as a cowardly heel, at that. He is SUPPOSED to look like he cannot win/retain his World Championship without help, and he's doing a damn good job of it.

Think about it, John "Bradshaw" Layfield went through the same type of booking, and held onto his World Championship for 10 months, the longest on SmackDown at the time.

Seriously, you're making yourself seem like an ignorant buffoon. Try actually knowing something about what you're gonna rant about, BEFORE you want about it. It may save you some embarrassment.

I think the main problem is trying to make the Miz into something he isn't. The Miz doesn't have the size nor the attitude to pull off a "dominator" type role. He doesn't have the reputation to pull off a "technical genius" type role. What does he have? Mic skills, pretty much, and an easily hatable persona. Where does that leave him? Doing basically the same thing that Eddie Guerrero did: talk, perform and lie, cheat and steal. That's the Miz in a nutshell. Granted, he's not as likable as Guerrero was, not by a long shot. I doubt that the Miz could ever sell a face persona under the current circumstances without a major personality change, but right now, he doesn't need to.

I think the Miz is quite good at doing what he's supposed to be doing: being a chickens**t heel. Orton was able to do this quite well a year ago and now it's the Miz's turn.

He's never going to be a "credible" wrestler because he's not supposed to be. Orton, Cena, and others are the dominators.

Pro wrestling is something that's never exactly been "mainstream" and it probably never will. Anytime, however, you're able to get the mainstream media to pay attention to pro wrestling in a positive light is a very good thing.

As far as the various talk shows not bringing in any viewers to the show, how can you know that for sure exactly? People that watch these shows might see The Miz and think to themselves "Hmmm, maybe I'll check this thing out next Monday night". Some probably do and just aren't into it and some do that might like what they see. But at least the WWE is making its presence known to a wide variety of potential viewers.

The Miz works his ass off, that can't be denied and if you want to be "The Face" of the WWE, then that's exactly what you're going to have to do. I like that The Miz is the champion because I enjoy watching his matches and I enjoy listening to him talk on the mic. I think the man's entertaining, he makes me care about whatever sort of situation or feud he happens to be involved in. To me, that's quite possibly the most important factor in being a successful pro wrestler. You can have the body of a greek god, bench press 500 lbs like its nothing, know half a dozen martial arts and have a face that could make any woman swoon and every man jealous. But, if you can't make wrestling fans give a shit about what your'e involved in, then none of that other stuff means a damn and people are interested in what The Miz is doing. He's a fresh young face in the WWE Championship scene and is about to start feuding with another completely fresh face to the title scene in John Morrison? Can JoMo rise to the occassion? I dunno, but I'm definitely interested in seeing what goes down.

He needs to lose it to John Morrison and then beat him and WrestleMania in a Fair Match
and then Continue the Rivalry.

Yes i think that he will get in the way in JoMo vs Miz at the royal rumble and then cause
the miz to take him out

Yes again. his 2nd or 3rd try he should beat a Heel and eventualy become a FACE

Other thoughts

I think Miz and Morrison will stay in the big leagues
Im a Randy orton fan but i wanted miz to win at TLC so JoMo could face the miz and beat him because they are an unfinished rivalry.
I almost want Orton to stay out of this Title Feud for now and let JoMo and miz battle it out. I want Orton Cena and Taker to team up and take down the nexus.

I'm so sick of these ignorant people chirping the miz for being shit when really, he's probably the best thing going for WWE right now. Incase anyone forgot, the WWE creates characters and writes scripts for them. Alex Riley is there to make Miz gain even more heat. HEELS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HATED! Obviously he doesn't suck or Vince McMahon wouldn't have him as the fucking WWE Champion right now! STFU, stop complaining, and end it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back