**MERGED** All Ryback Discussion (Keep all of it in here!!)

Do you tell your friends / family your gonna be on TV?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I totally agree.. I Virtually skip ( no pun intended) through the rest of smackdown but watch his matches.. I was starting to think that creative were just going to leave him doing useless squash matches but I thought this week was a little different..

1. The pyro he had at the start, even though was not that exiting, still was different and gave him just abit more impact
2. He finally faced someone from the roster, which shows that he will be in a storyline as the character is moving up

I love ryback, and I love the ring attire, and the music is awesome.. Just this Goldberg rubbish should not continue if he is going to get anywhere..

WWE is making him the second Goldberg which he will never be.

Whenever he will wrestle a squash match he will remind people about Goldberg.

Just like people chanted "GOLDBERG" at Extreme Rules 2012 :

[YOUTUBE]vOahJlwOIMw[/YOUTUBE]

Not sure why you guys are so hung up on watching his matches. They're nothing to get excited about nor nothing much to watch. So he destroys guys that are 150 pounds. If you've seen one, you've seen them all. Sure, he's relatively exciting, but he won't truly get exciting until they give him something to do, but who knows how long that'll be. He has potential and a good look, but he'll never be Goldberg obviously. He's becoming a little overrated around here on WZ. A lot of people are prematurely drooling over him before he's done anything more than squash non-roster guys. Let's just see what he does when he finally gets involved with name-values guys and real storylines.

I want to like him, he has potential, but there's not enough there yet.

Ryback is slowly growing on me. Still think he has to improve more before he gets a meaningful push. I think it's mainly the fact that I just enjoy watching him Clothesline the hell out of his opponents.

In just over a month he's had approximately 10 minutes of airtime.

Goldberg cemented his legacy by being undefeated for over a year.

Ryback has a long, long way to go before he can even hold a candle to Goldberg. He's not the next Goldberg. He's not the next anything. End of.

When he starts wrestling proper full length matches, then I'll pass judgement. For now, I'm just not that interested.

So wait your counting Bateman as a legitimate roster guy? I think that its not really a real contender, thats like Goldberg being fed a cruiserweight, or like how Brodus Clay is getting all these superstars I thought were released already cause I don't watch NXT or Superstars. Don't get me wrong he has a lot of similar Goldberg tendencies, but like some of the greater gimmicks in wrestling were just recycling the same stuff and like TNA and Hogan in todays world you just can't redo history sometimes. Nostalgia is ok but Ryback will wear thin real soon if he doesn't show he can perform more then a 4 minute squash, let there be a real match like Goldberg had with Bret Hart, DDP, The Rock and show me your not just like how most of the IWC think John Cena is 4 moves and then we can talk about Ryback

He is similar to Goldberg but will never reach his Superstardom. Goldberg was the face of wCw ryback wont be the face of the wwe- especially with that ring attire it is terrible. also he needs a fued not squash matches they are pointless we know who will win.

I'm glad they aren't booking Ryback inconsistently like they have been with Tensai (A-Ry, Tatsu, CENA, R-Truth, attacking Cena). I would wish he would get new ring gear, since it doesn't match his persona at all and start to face some legitimate guys from the SD! roster. I think why they had him go up against local competitors/jobbers is to show is "dominance"

But as said by those above me, he will never be Goldberg.

I think this week was the start of something better; as not only did we get Derrick Bateman on Smackdown but Ryback was actually up against someone on the proper roster.

The pyro this week was pretty cool, and it was something nice to add in to add a little more to him.

But not the next Goldberg.

Brodus Clay (until the past 2 weeks), Tensai, and Ryback all work squash matches. Thats too many at once in my opinion. I think Brodus is the only one with real appeal. ryback is a complete rip off and its so obvious. Tensai is just a TERRIBLE character and I hate to even look at the guy.

I can admit that Ryback is a tad ov er-rated by the IWC, but speaking for myself only, I'm a big fan. The clothesline is scary, the boot is nasty looking and I'm absolutely LOVING the fact that he's brought in the backpack stunner.

I'm sort of digging Ryback right now, too. I'm fine with his ring attire, as well--sets him apart from most of the rest of the roster.

Another thread was talking about his next feud, and people were suggesting Mark Henry--I'd love to see him face a super-heavyweight to watch him perform his moves on them. Think how impressive his finisher (that cradle-suplex-slam thing) would be performed on a huge dude like Henry--so impactful! And he could totally pull it off, too. The dude's ripped. I'm kind of beginning to wonder his backstory, though. Yeah he's an intense face, but who is he? I don't think he's the Terminator thing this website was claiming he was anymore.

Anyway, I'm intrigued!

He honestly just seems like another generic big guy to me. I like guys who can talk and I've never seen him attempt it although I know that right now pretty much the point of his character is the silent type assassin a la Goldberg but I'm not too excited at the moment to be honest.

WWE is making him the second Goldberg which he will never be.

Whenever he will wrestle a squash match he will remind people about Goldberg.

Just like people chanted "GOLDBERG" at Extreme Rules 2012 :

[YOUTUBE]vOahJlwOIMw[/YOUTUBE]

I don't get why everyone seem's to think it's impossible for Goldberg to be emulated. The guy was untalented, reckless, and has the charisma of a brick. And it was Chicago for Christs sake, of course there was going to be Goldberg chants.

I think Ryback's pretty promising. The guy was a machine in Nexus, and now he's a machine as Ryback. The sky's the limit if he's handled right, and takes a hold of every opportunity put in front of him.

I love him.

I don't care if they're molding him off Goldberg's rise, I don't care if he's jacked on steroids or not, watching this dude destroy helpless jobbers is fun. He's an animal of man. I'd prefer to watch Ryback throw some nobody around the ring for four minutes than watch anything to do with the likes of Zack Ryder or Drew McIntyre. Unlike them he has actual abilities, the ability to dominant and the ability to become a realistic force within the company, which is what they want.

If they're going to have him squash people for the better part pf the next year, fine by me. Goldberg's push has never been replicated, it's about time they give it a second go, if it worked once it may work again. In-terms of Ryback, feed me more. Dude is legitimate and awesome.

I am, unquestionably, a Ryback mark.

I usually do watch all of Smackdown's matches, but Ryback matches are the only ones that have no chance of getting fast forwarded. He's wrestling a dead style that went out the door with Goldberg and Lesnar (and didn't come back with Brock). I love watching the incredible power moves, I love the aggression, I love the dominance.

I honestly think Ryback is better than Goldberg. Goldberg was incredibly green. I think Ryback has all the appeal of Goldberg without the probability of ending someone's career. I just hope WWE creative doesn't get bored and abandon the Goldberg push.

Ryback has the most potential out of anyone on the undercard in WWE. I liked him as Skip Sheffield although he was playing a goofier character, but the Ryback persona suits him a lot better. Personally I always liked the look of airbrushed wrestling gear, and I like his "cyborg" theme. With so many medium sized guys in WWE it's refreshing to see a large guy who can do high powered moves. With Cody Rhodes finishing up his feud with Bog Show it would be cool to see Ryback chase him for the Intercontinental Title.

I think they should get him a manager who would eventually change his character into a more serious competitor. A Simple Ring Attire should do. His ring attire reminds me of Ultimate Warrior's when he came back and challenged Macho Man Randy Savage for the WWE Title at Summerslam.

What's wrong with him? I don't see how he needs to improve, every move that he's doing is very clean. He doesn't need to be 'super technical' coz he's a powerhouse wrestler - it's his character to just kick ass. I enjoy watching him, so I hope that he keeps this up.

As for the 'he'll never hold a candle to Goldberg' rants - how do you know?? It's been like a month, if that! Give the guy a break! I swear that most of you just want to find a reason to dislike absolutely everything; no wonder you're never happy - be f**king patient...

I honestly think Ryback is better than Goldberg. Goldberg was incredibly green. I think Ryback has all the appeal of Goldberg without the probability of ending someone's career.

This x100,000,000. I laughed hard when i read this. Everyone on here is talking like Goldberg was a technical expert. he wasn't. he was a NFL guy who failed then saw a WCW logo and thought, I'LL DO THAT!

Ryback is actually trained, and has been training and learning for a while. Therefor, he will be better than goldberg.

I do however think that ryback needs to ditch that backward drop slam thing he does and adopt the Jackhammer suplex, with this he can have the impact of Clothsline/jackhammer just like Goldberg had the spear/jackhammer and I look forward to his first feud, Hopefully with a main player. or even Tensai.

I like him. He's probably never gonna have a 5 star classic match. He goes out there and smashes guys in under 2 minutes and he looks awesome doing it. He has a great intensity about him that yes is very similar to Goldberg. Let's be clear there will NEVER be another Bill Goldberg. Goldberg came around at the right time, doing the right things, with the right look. That might not work again, but who knows? I expect Ryback to reach mid-card gold at best. IMO he should give his singlets back to RVD.

When I was watching SmackDown, and he made his entrance, I just felt the "it" factor from him. It was really fun to watch. I see all the potential in the world in him. People can bitch and moan that he's "A Goldberg ripoff", or "just another generic big man", but I think he's more than that. His moves are crisp, powerful, and look good. And his intensity and enthusiasm to be where he is shine through the tv screen to me. I like the guy, and see a bright future for him if pushed the right way.

By the way, I also thought Bateman looked good as well. Him demanding the match the way he did, and getting the crowd behind him like that was a nice touch. I would like to see him on SmackDown more as well.

everything he does Mason Ryan could easily do, and Ryan has a much better look and is more intimidating looking than ryback. So, instead of bringing all these new people up, use the people you already got and give them the air time and practice to make them better and evolve their characters. Mason Ryan should be doing what Ryback is right now.

everything he does Mason Ryan could easily do, and Ryan has a much better look and is more intimidating looking than ryback. So, instead of bringing all these new people up, use the people you already got and give them the air time and practice to make them better and evolve their characters. Mason Ryan should be doing what Ryback is right now.

Maybe if Mason Ryan wasnt a carbon copy of Batista, which in my opinion is nothing to be proud about. Ryan has had his time to shine and has proven he's not over with the crowd. Ryback on the other hand, I dunno if you heard the pops he has been getting but the crowd is legit behind him. I hope to see big things from Ryback in the future.

I might be in the minority here, but I actually like the Skip Sheffield gimmick.

I like the guy. I see potential in him and think he could be a huge star in years to come. But so far, he just comes across as a Goldberg clone. It just seems too one-dimensional. When he was Sheffield, it might've been goofy but at least he had character and personality. He came across as a "cornfed meathead," as he described himself. He wasn't a martial-arts expert or a wrestling technician. He was a tough guy who would tear your head off if you pushed him far enough.

Now, I might be wrong and this Ryback gimmick might really take off. But for me, it just seems like another dime-a-dozen silent destroyer gimmick that's been done over and over again. Personally, I would've tweaked the Sheffield gimmick by having him portray a gentle giant like he did on NXT but, when pushed far enough in the ring, would hulk up and become a wrecking machine like he is as Ryback. The best of both worlds right there that has a lot of longevity. But that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back