**MERGED** All Ryback Discussion (Keep all of it in here!!)

Do you tell your friends / family your gonna be on TV?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Personaly, I think it's still not over for him but the WWE need to give Ryback a win over The Shield at Wrestlemania.

I don't agree with burying 3 guys to get 1 over, especially when you consider at least 2 members of the shield have far more potential than Ryback anyway.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ryback squash Big Show at WrestleMania, i wouldn't be shaking in anticipation at that match either, but like i say, if it was a squash match i could handle it :)

2013* its small but it annoyed me :p

To answer your question no it is not too late and imo it never is. Personally I thought swags had been buried far beyond recovery from his move to raw, failed whc reign ( Booking or not it was what it was) to his burial from parting with Ziggler and a 6 month absence. Regardless he is now in the whc match at mania. Henry got put into a red tights and lost near every notable match for a few years on raw, had many monster runs that fizzled out into shit all or injuries, but he still came back and presumably will stay their. Ryder was just another superstars regular on the fast track to be wished the best in his future endeavorers but as soon as creative decided to back he came up very quickly( and down yes but he came up and thats the main thing ). All these cases say the same thing, when its decided someone should be big its rarely too late unless the wrestler does something terribly wrong but generally not due to them being squashed

Well, you're wrong for Ryder. Once the creative book him, they made sure he wasn't popular again and for the other, I agree but don't forget that they are all heels. And do you remember Ryback in 2012, he was " Da Man ", everybody loved him. I don't think it will be easy for the WWE to recreate a pop like this for him, he is slowly being less popular ( but still more than Cena and Sheamus ).

And you can give to Ryback a win over The Shield without bury them. The Shield are good ( and the fact that the WWE has the balls to book the heels strongly really help ) but they win everything, this is logic, the face at one moment need a victory. Just one to show he is strong. For the moment, The Shield humiliate Ryback every time

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that there's talk of a possible heel turn for Ryback that leads him into a feud with John Cena sometime after WrestleMania. There aren't really any details that have been released, just that it's something that's allegedly getting a good deal of consideration.

Personally, I think it's a natural fit for Ryback. He's gotten over well as a babyface but, to me, everything about Ryback from his look to his mannerisms to his intensity really fits the image of a dominant heel. I don't think it'd be difficult for WWE to turn him heel. A simple & logical way to go about it would have Ryback come to the realization that he's been "too nice" I suppose. He hasn't really unleashed himself, or something to that effect, and that would explain how he continually was bested during his interactions with CM Punk and The Shield. Ryback suffered his first pinfall loss at EC cleanly after Roman Reigns hit him with a spear & Seth Rollins made the cover.

On Raw this past Monday, it looked as though Sheamus & Ryback were on the verge of coming to blows had Jericho not been the voice of reason. Ryback has all the tools to be the next big threat to John Cena. They've faced each other a couple of times already and things stand even. At Survivor Series, Ryback had Cena laid out via Shellshocked before being attacked by The Shield. Punk got the cover & the win, but it was Ryback's finisher that allowed it to happen. They went at it in a one on one situation at the Royal Rumble with Cena eliminating him.

If a Cena vs. Ryback feud does go down, I don't see it happening until later this year. I see WWE giving Cena's first WWE Championship run, which is all but guaranteed at this point, a pretty good amount of time seeing as how he hasn't been champion in almost a year & a half. A feud with Ryback very soon after WM, in my opinion, pretty much guarantees that Cena goes over Ryback before eventually moving on.

Seriously ? Ryback is over as the face, he is the most over face right now I think and they want to turn him heel ? Stupid and not just that but they also want to makes him face Cena ? It's was nice to know you Ryback, now, it's time for you to feed SuperCena...

And I don't understand you ? You think Ryback needs to be heel to be more savage ? Why can't he does this as a face ? Stone Cold acted like a heel. Ric Flair did low-blow. and there is plenty of exemple. In fact, it's better for Ryback to be a savage face. Why do all the faces has to be nice and makes stupid jokes. Why do you think Randy Orton is so liked even when he isn't in big storyline ?

So reports came out today saying WWE could be leaning towards a Ryback heel turn. Also stating although he could turn heel all of his fan base could be brought down due to the heel turn. It also states that he could be involved in a fued with Cena after WrestleMania if WWE does indeed decide to turn Ryback heel.

Honestly, I think turning him heel would be perfect. People like to compare him to Goldberg but with him turning heel all of that could be out of the window since Goldberg really wasn't a heel at all in WCW except for once which was a pretty terrible storyline. But having him become a monster heel could benefit him in the long run. Ever since losing to Punk twice his face character just is not working as much as it once was in my opinion. I think he could be more dominant as a heel and could give him a chance to fued with baby faces like The Miz, Cena, maybe The Rock, Randy Orton, Sheamus and more. Plus seeing him as a heel is more believable, in my opinion he has heel written all over him. And if they do decide to turn him back as a face if it doesn't work out, WWE should give him Paul Heyman as a manager kind of like Lesnar, Heyman can do all of the talking and Ryback do all of the fighting. Plus Heyman turning on Ryback would be good because it would lead to an anticipating fued with Brock Lesnar!

Please give your comments, opinions and your take on a possible Ryback heel turn!

They teased that on Monday but I just cant see it. He is over as face and theyll probably feud him and Sheamus with Shield. Thats not too bad, it could give some relevance to him and Sheamus and Shield as well...

A Ryback heel turn would make him more interesting and would make sense, therefore they'll NEVER do it. Vince is WAY too high on Ryback being the next big megastar to even consider turning him heel, despite the fact that fan interest in Ryback is less than a quarter of what it was a few months ago. More likely Vince will inexplicably turn Sheamus heel and have Ryback squash him at WrestleMania.

Ryback needs to go heel. Anyone who thinks he should stay face is brain washed (no offense). He's stale right now and have you looked at the dude since he debuted? He literally has heel written all over him. Putting him with Paul Heyman once they WANT to turn him back to a face is the best solution, because eventually Heyman would turn on him and we would see Ryback vs Brock.

More likely Vince will inexplicably turn Sheamus heel and have Ryback squash him at WrestleMania.
That's bullshit because number one, why would WWE work so hard on getting Sheamus over as a face and be the top guy on smackdown? Number two there's not a good enough reason to turn Sheamus heel, he doesnt act like a heel or do any heel like tactics. Number three, Sheamus is a company man and you see him all over the make-a-wish foundation commercials and all of the stuff that Cena does. He's basically the Irish version of John Cena. And number four, just like John Cena, Vince McMahon will NOT pull the plug on turning neither of them heel for awhile because there the kids favorite superstars. Putting Ryback as a heel would be good for business and storyline purposes. Sheamus is more over than Ryback, Ryback was ONCE more over than Sheamus but after losing to Punk twice and losing to the Shield it would only make sense.

I don't think he should be a face because I'm brain washed. I think that because he is the most over guy on the roster right now and if you get the right booking for him, he could be a star.

A heel turn is a bad idea. Mark Henry is already fulfilling the monster heel role, and Ryback serves his purpose as the upstart powerhouse. Besides, why would you turn him heel just to feed him to Cena? We all know Cena isn't gonna just drop that title so quickly after WM, and Ryback NEEDS a PPV win badly at this point. Keep him face and give him some way of going over the Shield. It wouldn't hurt them in the least.

Mark Henry is already fulfilling the monster heel role, and Ryback serves his purpose as the upstart powerhouse.

Don't forget about Big E. Because Ryback and Big E look so much alike (big monsters in singlets), I don't think they should ever be on the same side, except maybe as a tag-team, if all else fails.

He's the drizzling shits and the crowd reactions are minimal right now, it's not hard to get a collection of people who have been drinking and are there for fun, to chant a catchphrase, the body of his matches are dead air.

Now if they turn him heel they can hide the majority of his weaknesses as he'll wrestle a style that doesn't require hitting sequences or selling much, plus if they put him with a manager they can cut all the promos, so all he has to do is look mean and dish out power moves methodically while no selling, booked like that he could draw some money with Cena at Summerslam.

As we saw on Raw, Ryback attacked Cena which suggests he is going after the WWE championship and possibly turning heel. If he is to turn heel (or even remain at the top of the card) I think he needs some to do the speaking for him; until he is ready to go alone. There are several options that I think could do the job;

John Laurinaitis -My preferred choice. instant heat making the heel turn ( if they are going that way) work immediately. There is previous with Cena and he is the guy who gave Ryback a chance on the main card.

Paul Heyman - while I'm not necessarily a fan of this idea, I think that he could obviously help. If Lesnar is to disappear and Punk was to take a rest than I think Ryback could be Heyman's next challenge. Furthermore, Punk doesn't need his help.

David Otunga - former associates in the Nexus. It is certainly a waste having Otunga off TV so this would give him a chance to return. He is terrific on the mic and is good on the ring. There is the added bonus that he can work tag-team, handicap and the odd singles match to progress feuds.

Maddox and Vickie - I realise that Maddox screwed Ryback but why would he reject the chance to work with the GM of Raw. Again there is an instant hatred and they could use Ryback as their enforcer. He gets a shot at the WWE title in return.

They have build Ryback as this guy who doesn't need help but he is on a PPV loosing streak like no-one else. Something isn't working so he perhaps needs the insight and help of one of the aforementioned figures. He isn't definitely a heel yet, indeed he may stay face but the notion remains. He needs help on help on the microphone.

Heyman did it for Lesnar. Vickie for Ziggler. Coulter is doing a great job for Swagger. I think that Ryback is the next in line. With the help of one of these figures he can be very good and an actual star in the WWE. Not just another guy on the roster.

Does Ryback need a mouthpiece?

Who do you think is the best fit to help him become a credible main-eventer?

Heyman did it for Lesnar. Vickie for Ziggler. Coulter is doing a great job for Swagger. I think that Ryback is the next in line. With the help of one of these figures he can be very good and an actual star in the WWE. Not just another guy on the roster.

Does Ryback need a mouthpiece?

Who do you think is the best fit to help him become a credible main-eventer?

Heyman makes a LOT of sense. Lesnar, presumably, will vanish for a few months. Punk could stay with Heyman or just as easily move on without him. Most importantly, Heyman's been ON FIRE during this run. He's in a completely different league than the likes of Vickie Guerrero and Zeb Coulter. If they want Ryback to reach the upper level, they need to go with the best.

Ryback just needed his revenge for cena eliminating him in the rumble.
John Laurinaitis, looks the most plausible to me. he jumped into the cena/rock them briefly. if he is coming back, you expect it to be against cena. mark henry can also keep it fresh for bit. it all depends on what cm punk has to say next week!

Does Ryback need a mouthpiece? A manager would have its upsides and it would have its downsides. Something about a relatively silent and uncontrolled monster is much scarier than a relatively silent and controlled monster. Managers do offer a dependable mouthpiece (improving Ryback promos tenfold) but they have been done so many times with so many big men and rarely last very long. It has been quite some time since we have had a monster who attacks who he wants and this is that opportunity. Of course this is all depending on a Ryback heel turn which could just as easily not happen. The guy gets huge reactions most nights so why not take it slow?

Who do you think is the best fit to help him become a credible main-eventer? If he had to be given one? John Laurinaitis by far. The fans hate him already which is always a plus but he has also had a good hunk of history with Cena as of late. His conversation with the Rock before Mania seemed awfully random to not be the start of something. It would be a bit more out of the blue considering Laurinaitis isn't known for managing and it ties in really well to both the Rock interaction and the laying out of Cena. The best part is that it wouldn't necessarily have to last for very long (I'd see it more as a wrestler for hire situation than anything else) and it doesn't weaken or tarnish the reputation of Ryback.

I was intrigued at the end of that raucous Monday Night Raw from the Izod Center in New Jersey. It had a shocking image of the jacked seething Ryback standing over the fallen John Cena. Everyone was thinking why did Ryback clothesline Cena? Personally, I was pumped to see Ryback and Cena square off however, I feel when they revealed why Ryback did what he did the following week everything feel apart.

I've watched the Raws, I've seen the PPV's and although Ryback still gets those "GOOOOLLDBERRG" chants I think the performer has done very well for himself. The similarities between Goldberg and Ryback are there, they hit you in the face, but Ryback has been clever putting his catch phrases out there most notably "Feed me more." I mean when you have 20,000 chanting "Feed me more" at the Royal Rumble anticipating Ryback to clothesline Cena out the ring and over 80,000 chanting the same thing in his bout against Mark Henry, the guy has be seen as a success. You can't force that crowd reaction and Ryback has earned that.

The bad thing about him turning heel is a lot of that crowd support is virtually gone. Ryback was right he was in a lot of ways a Cena type of guy before. A lot of Cena's fans were Ryback fans. Kids and that hardcore male demographic a like were all throwing their hands up and saying" Feed Me More." Do you really want to alienate at least half of that fan reaction by turning Ryback into Cena's new nemesis?

Two things bother me about this feud. One it's too soon, what's the rush? I understand Rock and Punk are on the disabled list but was there really no one eles? Ryback is still fairy new, they should continue to build him up and if you're going to do it why not ride Ryback's fan favourite momentum as far as it can go. My second issue is if they have to go with Ryback, why couldn't they build a good guy vs good guy feud for Extreme Rules. Ryback can approach Cena and say he respects him but I want that belt, it's about competition. Cena has his fans, Ryback has his and no fans are alienated.

It just doesn't make sense to me. I haven't scratched my head this much watching WWE since Alberto Del Rio suddenly turned face to defend the honor of his employee Ricardo Rodriguez who he used and abused so many times in the past. At least with that situation, people are enjoying it and Del Rio and Rodriguez are benefiting from the fan favourite experience but with Ryback at least for the time being it looks like he's getting the short end of the stick.

I like Ryback, he's one of Fave Five in WWE, I wish him luck and hope the angle goes well for him but personally so far I gotta say...

Ryback's mic skills have certainly improved this week...

NO!

:disappointed:

"Ryback rules?" Sounded like a teenager in full emo mode.

Ironic, isn't it? Cena gets injured, but Ryback is the one who takes the night off from wrestling. Given rumors that the two would be teaming to fight The Shield, you've got to wonder what they're trying to set up.

Of course, we don't know that Cena is really injured, do we?

Intrigue....always intrigue.:shrug:

I have a feeling that I'm not the only person that's had this thought. What has me thinking that it's a possibility is that all of the various issues in the past between Ryback & The Shield have been made part of the Cena/Ryback feud. Ryback's stance that Cena didn't come to his aid during the various times The Shield beat him down has been the lynchpin for Ryback's heel turn.

I'm thinking that WWE MIGHT be going with something along the lines of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" when it comes to The Shield & Ryback. No matter what, Ryback has simply not been able to get the upper hand against The Shield at any point. As The Shield is about dispensing "justice" and righting the various wrongs, from their kayfabe perspective, in WWE, one would have to think that John Cena is at the top of Shield's list when it comes to "injustice". It's an age old angle in which the top star is always made out to be what's "wrong" with things by heels who intend to supplant him. CM Punk did the same thing with Cena back in 2011.

In Ryback's case, he's sort of "seen the light" in that The Shield is onto something when it comes to Cena. Ryback's POV would be a bit skewed, of course, since he feels that Cena has wrong him by not coming to his aid when he needed it. Given the past animosity, even though Ryback is currently heel, you'd think that Ryback would want ANY opportunity to get some payback against The Shield including teaming with an "injured" John Cena or Team Hell No. That can also be explained by the time honored heelish yellow streak, which might simply be the case.

With the timing of Extreme Rules coming up in which Cena faces Ryback for the WWE Championship and the probable match of Team Hell No defending the tag titles against The Shield, it just seems like a good setting for such a revelation. The Shield could have the tag titles while Ryback has the WWE Championship. The Shield and anything they've been involved in have gotten a lot of attention in WWE the past few weeks. For me personally, I get a sense that WWE is ultimately setting up something big and the revelation of Ryback being with The Shield seems like a good candidate.

ok im not trying to shit on your post, but god am i sick of people saying "oh so and so might be part of the sheild."

like really, its a great three man team, if somebody else is added to it, i see it losing its luster.

but thats my opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

I really hope not. The Shield cost Ryback the WWE Title on more than one occasion, so it wouldn't make much sense to have him join them. His new persona seems that of a man obsessed with winning the WWE Title, and hurting anyone that gets in his way. Seeing as how The Shield have gotten in his way, I just can't see him logically forgiving and forgetting that. I just wouldn't make any sense. But I've come to the realization that creative doesn't really care about making sense, so it honestly might happen. It's just the kind of asinine thing that wrestling creative teams are known for. If Vince Russo was apart of the WWE, I'm 100% sure this would be the case. I'm just hoping WWE has more sense than that, because Ryback joining up with The Shield would be an insult to the fans' intelligence.

I also think adding more members to The Shield would water the group down, but I could see something like this. The Shield has been a thorn in Ryback side since they cost him the title against CM Punk. I could see him coming to some kind of agreement with them that if he stays out of their business they will leave him alone. Then again with how unpredictable The Shield has been i could see them costing Ryback his match against Cena at Extreme Rules. Honestly I have my doubts that he will join the group, but stranger things have happened.

They could have The Shield be hired guns for Ryback like they were for Paul Heyman a few months back. They could interfere at Extreme Rules and help Ryback win the match. I think you can have Ryback be associated with The Shied with out him becoming a full fledged member. It also could help get some heat and get over as a heel.

Yeah, I could see that happening to solidify Ryback's turn. It would help him appear like less of a whiner complaining of Cena's success. Imagine if Ryback were to win the belt and come out to the ring the next night with the The Shield at his side, talking about how he has finally learned to embrace "justice" and have its faithful enforcers assist him in restoring order. Add the tag titles to the group and perhaps even an IC title for Ambrose, and you essentially have a walking Triple Crown stable. With Ryback already a powerhouse, think of the crowd reaction if he were to have The Shield assisting his victories. Of course this also presents potential for any member to turn on Ryback and that results in the inevitable dissolution of the group and several fresh feuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back