• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Matt Hardy Arrested... Again

Somehow I couldn't wrap my head around habs dismissing substance abuse problems as Hardy/Angle being too arrogant.

I think it's possible. Ego plays a large part in some addicts not admitting they have a problem. I worked with a guy who has six DUI's over the past 25 years. He would brag about it, constantly. In fact, he didn't have an issue with addiction, he was just an idiot. An arrogant, selfish douchebag. I think it's at least possible Matt Hardy and Kurt Angle are in the same category.

Why not? It's a perfectly legit theory. Maybe it's not an abuse problem, but a sense of entitlement that some people get. Money and fame create arrogance. You see it with Hollywood, and the social elite all the time.

Personally I believe all three have addictions problems. They can do whatever they want in my opinion. When they endanger the lives of others, that's when it becomes a problem.

You don't get repeatedly arrested for DUI/DWIs unless you have a problem with drugs. That's actually literally the definition of a drug problem---when your drug use is out of control enough that you are arrested for it on multiple occassions for the same exact offense, you very clearly have a drug problem and are not just being some "arrogant douchebag".

Honestly Habs, you're a smart dude but that was a flat out ridiculously dumb thing to say.

Bringing me back to my point about the people that are mad at Matt for this probably don't truly understand the nature, cause, and disease that is drug addiction. If you guys think this is all just because Matt is just an arrogant, childish egomaniac douchebag and not because he has SERIOUS mental health and drug problems (which go hand in hand 99.99% of the time), you flat out don't understand drug addiction. Same with that guy you just referenced Nick who bragged about all of his DUIs. Is that a horrible thing to do? Of course. But again, you don't get so many DUIs and you certainly don't brag about it unless you've got serious drug and mental health problems.

You guys seem to think these people can just flip a fucking switch and it's all good, no more douchebag addict with problems, everything a-okay. It doesn't work like that. At all. Please, for the love of God, get some educational and medical sources about drug addiction. These people's brains are physically and literally hard-wired differently from yours, what seems like a matter of just willpower to you is a totally different thing entirely to an addict.

Having a drug problem and being an addict are not the same. Having a drug problem could mean you have a problem not being an idiot. That's all I'm saying.

Having a drug problem and being an addict are not the same. Having a drug problem could mean you have a problem not being an idiot. That's all I'm saying.

A "drug problem" is quite bluntly and clearly the first step of becoming an addict though, isn't it? Of course I'd consider a "drug problem" something much more minor than constant DUIs, I'd consider a "drug problem" like you're saying being a fully functioning and healthy person that uses drugs and might forget to pick up his kids after school or start performing badly at work or school. I'd say probably around 80% of people with a minor "drug problem" develop full-blown drug addiction sooner or later though. Getting repeated DUIs though? That's drug addiction, not a drug problem. One DUI is a sign of a drug problem. 3-4 DUIs in the same year is a sign of drug addiction. You don't keep making that same mistake again and again unless you're suffering from addiction. It's really as simple as that.

And having two vehicular accidents in the space of 48 hours is also a sign that you've got problems. Which Matt Hardy was. He crashed his car into the back of another the day before his first arrest for crashing into a tree.

You don't get repeatedly arrested for DUI/DWIs unless you have a problem with drugs. That's actually literally the definition of a drug problem---when your drug use is out of control enough that you are arrested for it on multiple occassions for the same exact offense, you very clearly have a drug problem and are not just being some "arrogant douchebag".

Honestly Habs, you're a smart dude but that was a flat out ridiculously dumb thing to say.

No offense, X, but I think you may have missed my point too.

I am in no way dismissing the reality that is drug addiction. And I think I have a fair understanding of it, thankfully not from any first hand experience.

Let me run a hypothetical by you. Let's say xfearbefore goes to a bar and gets loaded drunk every day for an entire month. He stumbles out of the bar in a stupor each day, but has the presence of mind to call a cab and go home, either of his own accord, or on the insistence of friends or family. Consequently, he gets no DWI/ DUI accusation, and no arrest.

Meanwhile, hatehabsforever goes to the same bar twice in that month, and gets equally loaded. However, on both occasions, he gets in his car and drives home, swerving and crashing all along the way. Habs gets pulled over and accused of a DUI offense.

Who has the substance abuse problem in this hypothetical? I would suggest that it would be xfearbefore, not hatehabsforever. However, HHF is the guy at the police station facing charges.

Now assume that hatehabsforever is a celebrity, a guy who has made a shit load of money over the years, is an Olympic champion, a guy who is often referred to as one of the best wrestlers in the world. Every where he goes, people make a big deal about him. He eventually begins to feel that he is above every one else, above the law, that the rules of law apply to the average joes, but not him. After all he's hatehabsfreakingforever. How dare you try to stop him from driving his vehicle, those sorts of rules apply to the rest of the world, not to him.

I don't think Kurt Angle, for example, has an uncontrollable drinking problem. He doesn't appear to be in any physical distress that would accompany an alcoholic. He functions quite well in society. I just don't think he wants to control his behavior. He doesn't feel he is answerable to the same set of standards that one of us would be answerable to. That's not an addiction. Those aren't personal demons. That's arrogance. That's stupidity. That's irresponsibility. How dare this police officers pull him over for drinking and driving. He's Kurt goddamn Angle. The world revolves around him, it always has, and it always should, at least in his eyes and mind.

I'm not suggesting for sure that these guys do not have addiction issues, maybe they do. But I think they are plagued first and foremost ny arrogance and a sense of entitlement more so than anything else. And that's dangerous, because one of these days, one of those fools will drink and drive and kill some innocent bystander. And even then, it won't be their fault. Damn pedestrian shouldn't have been standing there in the first place.

Well I've sure gotten my fill of self-righteousness for today. Same time tomorrow, gang?

Next time Matt decides to get behind the wheel while under the influence of something can he please just drive off a bridge or something, and no I don't think I'm being to harsh. If the guy is continued to do this shit he's bound to kill some innocent person eventually. I doubt Matt has any desire to "get better" if he did he'd be in rehab right now, the man either needs to be thrown in jail for a very long time (and not with his idiot brother), or he just needs to hurry the fuck up and kill himself already. Other people shouldn't have to suffer for this dumbasses mistakes. The man has problems, either fix them, or just die already, I really don't give a shit either way.

How dare people and wanting to hold others responsible for their actions!

No one whatsoever has claimed that he shouldn't be held responsible for his actions. Not me, not anyone. He broke the law, he deserves whatever fitting punishment they give him. That doesn't change a single solitary thing about what I was saying yesterday though.

Here's a couple of quotes from Gandhi, it might explain it a bit better:

Gandhi said:
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
Gandhi said:
Hate the sin, love the sinner

How dare people and wanting to hold others responsible for their actions!
Why in the ever-loving fuck do you of all people think it's your place to chastise anybody? There's a judicial system to hold people accountable for their wrongdoings and former employers who have already taken action in response to this situation. In addition, he has people close to him to push him towards responsibility. Exactly why does some inconsequential internet hob-nob always think it's his job to pile on? Just let it go.

It's funny if I did what Matt and Jeff have done lately my Parents would put their foots in my behind! Even as a Adult you can still can get slapped across your head my Parents tell me.Where's their Father when you need tough love?

Well it's a forum for one. It's a place where I can express an opinion. We micro analyze a bunch of greased up naked men play fighting with each other. Now when someone does something that could legit kill someone, the subject becomes taboo?

Yes, it's a forum. You're free to have a voice. It's just mind-bending that anyone would waste their voice like you and Nick do in every one of these threads. Yeah, Matt done fucked up again. And...?

So why do you care then? I bash the Hardys, I Bash HHH. I've done this for four years on here.

For you coco, Eddie Guerrero is the best... Ever.

I will go back to HHH head hunting. Where is Norcal?

Coco is my hero. Shocky is my homey. I'm torn.

Tolerance and empathy for everyone! That's actually something I truly believe at the very bottom of my soul and have since I was a kid and read Kurt Cobain's suicide note and looked up what the word "empathy" meant in the dictionary at 10 years old. Empathy and tolerance and compassion are basically the founding stones of human civilization, because when you lose those things you turn into hate-mongerers, racists, sexists, homophobes, jihadists, whatever you want to say. That lack of empathy is what lead to things like Nazism and other genocides.

You guys are perfectly within your right to pop into every thread about someone who fucked up their life and point your finger and laugh and say "Ha ha what a fucking absolute douchebag idiot". But that's the path of hatred. And the path of hatred is a dark, dirty, and horrible place that nothing good can ever come from. It is for the weak-willed and the narrow-minded. Here are a few more quotes...

Martin Luther King Jr. said:
Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.

Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.

We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

Okay, off my soapbox, I bid you adieu.

Oh no, I thought he was the good one out of The Hardy Boyz. Because we know for a fact that Jeffrey isn't.

None the less, stupid, idiotic move. It's not like a lot of wrestlers haven't done something stupid as this.

This isn't common, me picking on those who have substance issues (addiction, idiocy, whatever). I don't bag on Jake Roberts, or Scott Hall. Matt Hardy won't shut the fuck up, end of story. Every six seconds, we're reading another story about how magnificent his next comeback is going to be, and blah, blah, blah. He begs for the attention, and when he gets it, he whines about it.

An attention ****e who doesn't like the attention. Wonderful.

I still think Jeff is the one that needs to be looked after. He says he's got his life in order and he's clean and going in the right direction. Great. I hope he has family, friends, and TNA checking up on him to make sure he's continuing to get help and staying on a decent path.

Let's face it...Matt Hardy is just fun to make fun of. I know plenty of people that have been arrested twice in a month for DUI's. He's a guy that's had a lot of personal issues in the past year, and has turned to drinking too much, and making stupid decisions. Pretty sure we all know losers who get drunk and drive, and eventually get arrested for it. Yes, he should get help, or at the very least go to some AA meetings. And for god's sake, don't give him his damn license back! But honestly, it could be way worse. It could be a meth addiction, smuggling and distributing drugs, trauma that makes you go insane and murder your family, heart attacks, actual suicide... Matt Hardy might need help, but he's nowhere near as tragic as a lot of people in the wrestling industry have been over the years. Maybe that's his thing though... Since he HAS to be in the spotlight all the time, and he can't actual work for a company, maybe he's trying to get back the fans by sinking his life down the drain.

Still, I think Jeff is the one that needs to be monitored. He's still an employee for TNA, which makes him a sort of role-model and at the very least responsible for the guys he gets into the ring with.

DirtyJosé;3416180 said:
Judging by their past reactions, who's to say guys like Helm haven't already tried to reach out for their friend? Im pretty much with Crock and xfear about this except when it comes to that. These folk.have seemingly done everything they could to talk their friend out of this path and the obstinate fuck still won't change.

Just goes to show; you can lead a horse to water, but you can't stop it from shooting Heroin into it's eye.

Helms is too busy getting drunk and punching women in the face in the back of a limo

Sans Jericho, who was Helms with at the time? OH, WAIT

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back