• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JJ Dillon's Book Trivia

Dave is correct, and posted first.

Dillon took a baseball swing at Andre's back after removing his shoe. The booker in Austrailia originally didn't want to run the spot, as the booker felt Dillon using a shoe would make him look like a "Poofter," or a homosexual, and that the crowd would find it laughable. Dillon asked the booker to trust him, which he did, and the result was an angry mob riot and HUGE heat.

I think that's incorrect. That sounds like narcolepsy.

And it was a shoe I believe.

Da-dokie...

WebMD.com said:
What Are the Effects of Sleep Apnea?
If left untreated, sleep apnea can result in a growing number of health problems including:

Hypertension
Stroke
Heart failure, irregular heart beats, and heart attacks
In addition, untreated sleep apnea may be responsible for poor performance in everyday activities, such as at work and school, motor vehicle crashes, as well as academic underachievement in children and adolescents.

Bump.

This old school great helped JJ Dillon during a time when Dillon had just gotten divorced and the old NWA was being purchased by Ted Turner by allowing JJ and his girlfriend to stay at his home, free of charge. Since this superstar refused to accept money from Dillon, JJ purchased a $750 custom made suit for him. WHO IS THIS KIND SUPERSTAR?

Dusty and Harley are both incorrect.

Side note: I've learned some things about Dusty from this book, man, lemme tell ya.

I just read the question again and it's an old school great...so obviously it couldn't be Sting at the time.

Hmm...care to give us a hint?

Tully Blanchard

Tully Blanchard is correct.

Tully and Dillon became VERY close friends, and it was Tully who passed word onto JJ that his name had come up in WWF talks as a possible member of the booking team. After Arn returned to WCW and Tully had been fired for cocaine use, Dillon remained a fixture in the WWF for many years making upwards of $200K / year, largely thanks to Tully.

Next Question:

Sitting poolside with Pat Paterson and Vince McMahon, Dillon and the booking team assigned a gimmick to a wrestler who had a great look, polished skills, but limited mic / speaking ability. Who was the wrestler and what was the gimmick?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back