• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JBL's In ring return

Ashylarry

Pre-Show Stalwart
Credit:WZ

As announced on RAW last night, the following will take place on RAW next week:

-- Shawn Michaels vs. JBL (coming out of retirement). We do know that JBL has wanted to return to the ring for quite some time.
-- John Cena vs. Chris Benoit

Also tomorrow night on ECW will be a battle royal pitting the ECW originals vs. the new breed as well as a special appearance from Mick Foley.

I was shocked by this announcement as well, I think it's very possible that JBL could be returning to the ring on RAW in order to be involved in a Wrestlemania match of some sorts.

I hope JBL has been conjoined to a gym for the last few weeks, because around the time he "retired" he started having boobies the size of some of the Divas. If Shawn can't draw a decent match out of JBL's boring ass, then no one can. Hopefully, the match is short and just involves a nice, fast superkick to squelch any potential of JBL actually trying to entertain a crowd.

JBL has been talkin up on SD! how he'd give everything he has to be a part of Wrestlemania again.

Maybe just a sly way of putting across that he is??

Could be building to that if he's comin back.

HBK WILL kick his head off! ! !

JBL looks to be terribly out of shape again and I hope that like Kasey said, he has at least seen what the inside of a gym looks like lately. I see no real reason why he is in this match, or why he has to return but I don't think it will be terribly epic, although JBL will be going on about it all this week on SD. It will be good to see him back, but I don't think the desire to see him was all that high. Maybe if they hyped it a little more it would have been good, but I am more interested in seeing how they can possibly make Benoit look like an idiot in the ring with Cena, although Cena has crushed more credible people than one could count, so I am hopeful that Benoit can pull a good match out of him but knowing how they let things roll with Cena, it will be a 5 minute squash, like the JBL match.

The reason they didn't hype it is because the match won't happen. Think about it. They make their entrances and the Edge and Randy Orton come in and beat the life outta HBK... Then of course Cena makes the save...

Nothing will probably happen. I imagine there will be a run in of sort's. He only had surgery a few week's ago. Even if it was only minor I doubt he would want to wrestle so soon.

Also Mick Foley is making an announcement on EVW tonight. I heard a few month's ago about a Foley/JBL match at Mania.

JBL would'nt need to be in great shape for a hardcore match.

JBL should to stay on commentary where he's needed and leave the wrestling to the guys who can still pull off a decent match. Just another example of backstage bullshit that rules the WWE.

I'll stick with ROH, the best wrestling company in the world.

The reason they didn't hype it is because the match won't happen. Think about it. They make their entrances and the Edge and Randy Orton come in and beat the life outta HBK... Then of course Cena makes the save...

I hope your wrong I'm tired of RKO attacking either Cena or HBK from behind its old already. I also have no idea why they are having Beniot take on Cena maybe HBK will cost Cena the match so it can build up a program for after Wrestlemania. But isn't way too early for that?

Maybe Cena will drop the belt to HBK at WM23 and since there is talk to movie Benoit to raw he can fued with Cena for a bit and let others having a title run story.

Of course after a while Benoit would move back upto the title hunt and leave Cena in Upper Midcard.

Oh wait this is WWE...nvm...

Alex~Vab

HBK vs JBL... this match shouldn't happen. JBL is still recovering from a bad back. I hope that Edge or Orton do a run in and HBK, Cena and/or JBL clear house. Maybe this whole JBL deal is just to try and put him over as a face of some sort. WWE does think ahead sometimes.

I certainly don't think JBL is really gonna wrestle on Raw after watching Smackdown last night. Michael Cole was doubtful JBL would really be making his in-ring return and JBL simply put it as "I've got something in store for Shawn Michaels." So he may have something in store, but that doesn't mean a wrestling match.

But I don't really get the point.

i hope jbl can return because he was undoubtably sd!s top heel.but i dont see that happening.if you see it is wrestlemaina reversal night so cena faces some one from HBKs wm past and HBK faces someone from cenas past.JBL is the only one available the moment because big show is having time off and HHH is injured.so JBL is the only real choice.so i guess he brings someone in to assist him and cena come to the rescue.

Whether you like the guy or not he was awsome as a heel throughout 2003, when smackdown was struggling somewhat. He not that bad in the ring, if hes a 100% at some point, JBL actualy looks like a brawler not a german tourist wrestling in 3-quater lengths and a t-shirt like cena...

i really hope JBL duz return...i mean the title picture on SD needs to be improved with more heels...i mean u have to faces wrestling at wrestlemania for the title....wat i hope that happens is...

1.JBL loses weight and looks like he used to
2.Taker beats Batista at Mania
3.Batista turns heel and goes to ECW to fued with lashely(just cuz i dont watch ECW anymore)
4.Taker gets a match againest sum goober like the miz
5.JBL comes out and attacks Taker costing him the match.
6.JBL is named #1 contender and they fued for the title until kane is introduced at Survivor Series as the #1 contender and he beats Taker who then retires...

Whether you like the guy or not he was awsome as a heel throughout 2003, when smackdown was struggling somewhat. He not that bad in the ring, if hes a 100% at some point, JBL actualy looks like a brawler not a german tourist wrestling in 3-quater lengths and a t-shirt like cena...

Just a note, JBL actually became big in 2004, not 2003. But I agree, he was a very good heel and still is in my opinion.

Yea it was a typo, sorry i didnt see that. He is a great heel, hes brilliant on the mic, and passes well as a brawler unlike Cena wh like ive already said os not a brawler, doesnt look like a brawler, and doesnt speak like a brawler. I do hope this match goes ahead though because it is pretty much the only decent match thats happening tonight by the looks, i dont think his suprise is hes not gonna wrestle, i think we might end up seeing a bull-rope match, id prefer a no-dq match or something but thats what i think the suprise is personally.

I hope JBL comes back for good. The guy was great when he held the title. One of the best heels in wrestling today. But it seems to me he is enjoying his time on smackdown workin with Michael cole so i cant see him returning for good

its obvious hes just gonna say my suprise is im not wrestling but this is the person you will face tonight hbk's music plays.

he got a broken vertibrate or something like that hes just starting a new treatment for it hes obviously not gonna wrestle and make it worse

I can't wait to see what he does tonight. JBL is one of favorite from the last like 5 years.

I just want to hear his theme music again, it suits him so perfectly. Last I heard it was in the fall when WWE had a supershow in montreal... on his way to the ring. So just for that it's worth it. I hope they do something good.

I told you guys he wouldn't wrestle. But I'm actually disappointed, he said he had a surprise for Michaels...where the fuck is it? All he did was run his mouth, and got kicked in the face for his troubles. I had the same reaction to that that I've had to practically every Masterlock challenge..."What the fuck was the point of that?"

I dont understand why WWE advertise a match that is not goign to take place, its pointless and pisses off fans who are already sick to death of the direction of RAW atm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back