• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JBL's Big Announcement

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
Source:WZ & WWE.com

JBL has updated his blog at WWE.com. Bradshaw says he will return in a month or so with a huge announcement. No word on what that will be, but it could possibly be some sort of return to the ring.

Now this could be somewhat of a desperate move by the WWE to get some one on Smackdown that can work a match every now and then. I know that JBL has said many times that he didnt want to end his carrer the way he did and this could be just he will wrestler part time and only when needed. I see his announcement more a King type of wrestling need as he will do programs to get people over.

I'm sure JBL could wrestle more often. he may not be the caliber of what he was but come on. if the WWE is in Desperation to get people to wrestle to save smackdown it's sad. they are pushin Rey to come back sooner and now pushing JBL to come back from a severe back issues. it's not worth it. the wwe should just buy off talent

He could be premiering a new talk show. Now that there is no "The Cutting Edge", JBL might have his own show. That would actually be kind of cool to see.

I doubt a talk show will help Smackdown, altough an interview with Khali could be funny... the 30 seconds he needs to land his chop of doom on JBL. I think they should draft back some talent from RAW. I don't care how they want to explain it, just let Kennedy and Booker return (I doubt these two will get much time in the RAW main event in the near future) and sent a face Tag Team like Cryme Time with them... oh and once he did the job everybody has to do for John Cena, sent Lashley with them. I don't want to get rid of them but I think the RAW Main Event is overcrowded and don't think that makes much sense when Smackdown is having so much problems.

JBL will not have a talk show on Smackdown as it would be very unrealistic for an announcer to just walk in the ring and call out wrestlers, also every talkshow host are heels and right now JBL has become somewhat of a tweener since announcing. My guess is it will have something to do with Summerslam since that is about a month away. Maybe he is having a one off match or maybe he will announce a match like he did on Raw before WM23 with Cena/HBK/Batista/Taker.

I think that his big announcement will be that he is returning to the ring. With the lack of smackdown main eventers recently, they need someone to bring some credibility back to the WHC.

I dont need to see him return to the ring. The only good thing about Bradhaw was his mic skills. And he displays them very well on commentary. Who wants to see a flabby Bradshaw stink up WWE? I dont. Unless he's going to be a manager, G.M. or announcer I dont care.

Maybe hes going to be a manager? Think of this, JBL in the corner of Paul Burchill, I think that would be brilliant.

Jake, I agree with you, his mic skills were the only good thing about Bradshaw, and I think his back is too screwed up to even contemplate a in-ring return, even though he is ment to be having treatment on it

Here's an interesting thought. Maybe he will decide he wants to manage and mentor a young talent, and show them how to make it to the main event. At that point he calls Matt Hardy to ring, and offers his services to him. At this point Matt Hardy will initially decline, and for several weeks JBL will try to persuade Matt Hardy to allow him to mentor him. During this period JBL is secretly getting people to attack Hardy, and causing Matt Hardy matches. This finally leads to an in ring feud between the two superstars.

JBL's mike skills rocks! no doubt about it... As a in ring athelete he was just mediocre not more then that... But he was the best heel at wwe for teh year of 2004 till wrestlemania 21 so Smack down can use him good way here as they severly lack talent at the moment...

I think that JBL's announcement will be after Summerslam! Or it can be this tonight's tapings! I think his announcement should be the "King of the Ring" Tournament! I think it would be genius! Smackdown is in dieing need for another storyline on it's show! What other storylines does it have? It only has the 4 titles and the women's fueds going on! I can't remember anything else that Smackdown has anything going for them! I think this would be perfect for Smackdown!

Any Comments?

Unless the doctors have found miracle, JBL ain't coming back in the ring. Last time I checked his back was still bad. I think it's just some blown out hype in part of Bradshaw to give a huge annoucement. But you never know, atleast he dosn't look like he's been working out a lot in the past. But it would be nice to see him back.

Unless the doctors have found miracle, JBL ain't coming back in the ring. Last time I checked his back was still bad. I think it's just some blown out hype in part of Bradshaw to give a huge annoucement. But you never know, atleast he dosn't look like he's been working out a lot in the past. But it would be nice to see him back.

Last time I heard there was a good possabilty of him coming back to wrestle, and that was talked about maybe 6 months ago. His back maybe bad but how many veterans do you think already have bad backs? A LOT. It is part of the business so unless JBL can't walk that's the only way I think he never makes a comeback. So IF this announcement is about a combeack it only makes sense, Smackdown has no top heel (if somone say Khali I'm going ape shit) and JBL can be a top heel instantly if he returns to the ring.

The only way I could see JBL going back to the ring is to free up a commentary spot for Edge until Edge makes his in-ring return. While I'm not a huge fan of JBL in the ring, he is at least credible and might make a good feud for Matt Hardy after his program with MVP ends. Plus it would keep Edge in the spotlight through the duration of his injury. If the announcement isn't about JBL wrestling again, I hope its something about new talent. Maybe something along the lines of bringing up the New Hart Foundation or some other stable of new talent that JBL would just be putting over, or even maybe managing.

i wouldnt mind seeing an apa reunion maybe give them the titles at summerslam and let them keep them for a few months like the hardys did

What I think would make a great storyline out of this announcement would be that JBL got sick of seeing all of the good talent of Smackdown get taken away and sent to the other brands(mostly Raw) and get nothing in return. He then will say that he's bought majority ownership of WWE(since it's a publicly traded company) and he wants to make it an even and better company. This could work since he is known in real life as being a stock market expert. I think it could be a fun storyline and he could have a feud with the soon to be returning vince

Certainly, a JBL return would be shit in wrestling point of view. He sucked balls as a wrestler, and like Stone Cold, he dont need to risk his health. And seriously, we all have enough with Flair and his sloppyness on the ring, so we dont need another veteran to come and deliver a endless ammount of "clotheslines from hell".
I would love to see JBL as a manager, but who will cover his spot on the announce table? think about it, he is maybe the best color commentator right now, so I dont think it's a good idea.
The big announcement could be well the return of "King of the Ring" tournament, or maybe some shit angle about he or Vickie Guerrero taking control of Smackdown, remember, Teddy Long and Krystal are "getting married" soon, so I dont think they will keep Long as a GM.
I dont see the "Huge" anywhere... just like when he adressed some garbage and Stone Cold hitted the ring tu give him a stunner. Frankly, ubber cow crap.

The talk show wa a great idea. His mic abilities are fantasitc. His in the ring skills are average..but yeah..he was a great heel.AT least when he did what cena is doing right now..it was entertaining and he cheated..

I don't know if anyone said this or not but last night on Smackdown! during the MVP/Matt Hardy match JBL mumbled the words "That'd be a hell of a match between me and him" the topic was changed after that but it sounds like he may reuturn soon.

Ok well smackdown did not suck last night it delevered, good matches except the noble and shannon which couldve been better and the batista&flair had a great storyline but match we couldve seen more moves by them. But if wwe was smart heres what they would do, if jbl came back to wrestle they should have him feud with mysterio for a while, cause remember he got jbl (kayfabe) fired. and in my opinion smackdown for 4 weeks straight owned raw

I'd love to see John "Bradshaw" Layfield hit the ring again, but how long can he go for? I'd like to see him hold the World Heavyweight Championship because he's an awesome champion. He reminds me of a poor man's Triple H to some degree. They can have him feud with Rey Mysterio or who should be the #1 contender or something at first. Nonetheless, it'll be interesting to see what JBL's big announcement will be.

i would love to see JBL as the general manager of SD! he would add a new spark to SD and let the whole Teddy Long and Kristal wedding be done with.

He often says he is great friends with the Gurerrero family, and isnt Vickie assistant GM?

JBL has GREAT mic skills and would be like a "heel" GM kinda thing, like Eric Bischoff in the good old days. Even tho Bischoff favored the heels of his show, i LOVED the bischoff/raw era

and if jbl does become GM of SD, i think it would boost SD greatly.

i jsut hope he doesnt get in the ring, because he is washed up..
look at flair and his matches...do u see at least ONE quality move... not me..
and repeated clotheslines and JBL bombs will get boring.. trust me

JBL AS SMACKDOWN GM!!!

i think he will bring in a new wrestler probably some one sucessful in ovw/fcw but he s gunna be a manager i think hopefully they bring up paul burchill under adifferent name or something any way im sure he wont be returning to the ring w/ back issues

A New G-Manager for WWE Smackdown! That's going to be one big announcement. But I hope that they don't come up with another one of those fake "BIG" Announcements like that one when Teddy Long said that he has signed MVP and all. I want a REAL Announcement and something huge to happen on Smackdown! How about JBL reveals McMahon's son??

Does anyone know exactly when this surprise is suppose to be said? This thread was made a month ago, so technically, it should've been made by now.

At any rate, I think he'll interrupt Teddy Long & Krystal's wedding to announce that Long has done a crappy job of managing the show, & that he's no longer focused on what he needs to focus on. Then, he'll announce that the Board of Director's, or Mr. McMahon, or someone, has officially replaced Long with J.B.L.

Then, to add to that.. possibly J.B.L. would also return for one or two matches. I read somewhere that McMahon is pushing for J.B.L. to return to the ring, & that J.B.L. would like to, but only here & there.. so who knows. But overall.. its been a month, where is this surprise?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back