Von Erichs officially announced for Hall of Fame

PDepew2181

Occasional Pre-Show
I was just on WWE.com and saw an announcement exclusive to WWE.com that the Von Erichs will be inducted into the Hall of Fame by Michael Hayes.

There isn't an induction video per se, some classic videos that have already been on the site, so it's still somewhat vague as to exactly how they're going to announce this. Judging from the pictures and videos, the emphasis seems to be on Fritz, David, Kevin and especially Kerry since he's the only one to have competed in WWF (still WWF to me if it's pre-2002). Mike and Chris are mentioned briefly in the article, but that's about it.

Very good job of the WWE recognizing these talented performers and giving Kevin a chance to represent his family in a great honor.

i think its expected as wm is in texas and the von erich family played a big part in that territory. im suprised there hasnt really been much emphasis on this tho

Yes, I'm a little upset that this wasn't shown live on Raw last night. For one thing, they were in San Antonio! I know that Dallas was the home base of the Von Erichs, but, geez, they're in the same state, there's no way that the live crowd wouldn't have reacted positively.

The fact that there is still yet to be one of those official induction video packages assembled and put on WWE.com is puzzling, too. It's almost as if to say that WWE can't think of anything to say about them or is too afraid to air a package like that given all of the tragedy around the family.

FINALLY!! The Von Erichs are in the WWE Hall of Fame. However, their selection for induction should have been shown on RAW last night. I agree with one of the previous postings that it should have been made public on TV rather than on WWE.com since RAW was in San Antonio. The Von Erichs have had a rich wrestling history, but a sad personal history when you look at all the deaths (especially by suicide) that this family has had to endure. I absolutely loved the Von Erichs in the 80s and their feud with the Freebirds will go down as one of the greatest ever especially among factions. It's only appropriate that Michael Hayes induct them. Way to go Von Erichs!! You deserve this honor.

Yay the Von Erich's are being inducted. I do think that they should have taken the time to announce them being inducted instead of wating that on hyping the characters to Cena's shitty ass movie. The Von Erich's certainly have had alot of highs in the wrestling business, but unfortunately a lot of lows as well(the death of WCCW & the deaths by almost all of the Von Erich's with Kevin being the only one alive). It is only appropriate that Michael Hayes inducts them due to the great rivalry the Von Erich's had with the Freebirds.

So, everybody agrees that the Von Erichs' announcement of their induction into the HOF should have included a video package. But, I think I know why they didn't. I think they chose to announce this early to sell more tickets to the HOF ceremony or to the Raw before WrestleMania. Has anybody looked to see where the Raw before WrestleMania is? It's in Dallas. The home of World Class Championship Wrestling. And maybe Kevin will make an appearance on that Raw.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy they're getting inducted into the HOF. This whole family really deserves it. These guys were larger than life in Dallas during the 80's. They really deserve their place in the WWE Hall of Fame.

Didn't everyone already know this a few weeks ago when the Von Erichs announced it on vonerich.com? OP, come up with something new.

Didn't everyone already know this a few weeks ago when the Von Erichs announced it on vonerich.com? OP, come up with something new.

This was the official announcement. Yes, it was heavily rumored. It was never officially announced. I was not aware the Von Erichs had their own website and had mentioned it there. Even if I was aware of that, I still would have made this post.

So sorry to have wasted your time with this post. I mean, if it was so much of a waste of your time, why did you even bother to reply to it? Why did you even bother to read it? Oh, that's right, because this is the internet and you feel like you can say what you want to insult someone with no repercussions.

Here's something new: stop being such a troll.

Oh, wait, you've probably been told that before. So, shucks, I guess I've got nothing new. Oh, well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back