Wade Barrett's Return

I was never a fan of Barrett during his intial run with WWE befor he got injured. But these new promo trailers for his return arent bad at all. I like the whole bareknuckle thing as that again goes back to what Lesnar had said when he first came back about legitamacy. Barrett may not be a former MMA World Champion like Lesnar but as a former Bareknuckle champion its brings legit legitamacy to the WWE. Using that as part of his gimmick I think will def helo his overall character. I didn't like he original character as all. But the repackaged Wade Barrett is very interesting. He has my vote to talke the title from Sheamus who personally I just can't stand as a Face champion. Sheamus was better as a heel. So hopefully Barrett takes his WHC title and holds that for a while. Maybe eventually we can see a Fued between Barrett and Ryback. I think Ryback is only getting better and better week in and week out.

I think a face turn would be good for him as he has already done everything he can do as a heel, he could start a rivalry with a heel Randy Orton and get revenge for his injury and then he could go after the World Heavyweight Championship.

Another good thing for him to do is go after the WWE Championship after Summerslam whoever that may be (CM Punk hopefully) but even if its not CM Punk he would have an alright match with Big Show, on the other hand with him as a face he couldn't face Cena.

Personally I can not wait for Wades return, it can not come quick enough. If I had my choice of a match made in heaven at the moment, since the WWE is doing everything to promote his bar-knuckle brawler image, is that he goes to wrestlemania and faces Brock Lesner in a FIGHT

I for one am extremely excited about Wade Barrett's return. I was ranting and raving when I realized he was legitimately hurt, and so were a lot of my friends. It's a real shame he missed WrestleMania, as I expected great things from him that night.

Hopefully this is a breakout year for Barrett, as I personally feel he has a lot of potential; and is always entertaining to watch. The NXT angle is still one of my all time favorite moments on RAW, Barrett always puts on a good match, and I really hope they give him as good a story line as his they have his promo videos.

[YOUTUBE]RL1CkUp7k3o[/YOUTUBE]​

This promo sold me more on Wade Barrett's return than anything he's done in the past. I've felt for awhile that wrestling lacks big men with true potential. Undertaker's less than a part-timer. Kane is still solid but the creative well is dry, I think. Big Show shows occassional signs of life when he's allowed to be a true monster, but at this point we've seen it all!

Wade Barrett is a big guy - 6'7" at 270lbs - with one of the best looks in the business, AND...he's English. I buy into his straight-up brawler gimmick, but he's not a half bad pro wrestler either. The Nexus, as much as people think it flopped in the end, will always be one of the greatest launch pads a rookie will ever receive. Only Randy Orton's "legend killer" gimmick comes to mind as being in the same league. People may not remember 10 years from now that John Cena "killed" the Nexus, but they may remember how Wade Barrett got his start.

He's got all the tools and we know upper management trusts him. He WILL be a big, long-time star in this business. However, there are just a few things I'm begging him to tweak if they're going to make this work for me.

1) The "I don't care anymore" theme has GOT to go. Above and beyond just being an AWFUL song, it doesn't work at all for Wade Barrett. I always think somebody like Justin Gabriel or Heath Slater is coming out when that theme hits, and every damn time I'm confused when it's Barrett. Plain and simple, the theme is a disaster and if he comes back to it I'll lose all interest immediately.

2) He either needs to develop a new finisher, or rely more on the other tools in his arsenal because the Wasteland doesn't work on about 50% of the roster. It's like the Attitude Adjustment, but more awkward and with less pizzazz. He doesn't need to get rid of it necessary - it worked effectively on Rey Mysterio... - but I loved when he started using the "Winds of Change" more and more often. It's a fun move that comes out of nowhere, and is much more easily set-up for opponents of all size. I absolutely love it, and I'll be sad if they repackage his character without it.

That's about all I have to say about Wade Barrett. I doubt we'll see him at SummerSlam, but the next after...probably! I threw this idea out the other day on Twitter but I'll say it again here because I think it's worth mentioning. If WWE wants to take the belt off Sheamus (or even if they didn't), it'd be really easy to have Wade Barrett come down following the World Championship match at SummerSlam. Queue a beatdown, Dolph Ziggler's cash-in, and a title change. Between now and Survivor Series the Smackdown title picture could alternate between singles, 3 and 4-way matches between Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Sheamus and Randy Orton. Two top faces, two up-and-coming heels. I don't think it really could work out any better, honestly...

Irig said:
I would like to see Barrett continue his feud with Orton where he left off.

meeks_56 said:
I think that the next step for Barrett is to win the World Heavyweight championship.

The Crock said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Barrett showed up on Raw tonight

Booger Red said:
go after the WWE Championship after Summerslam whoever that may be (CM Punk hopefully)

Interesting ideas, especially Irig's comment on an Orton-Barrett Feud revisited, despite it being done before. Orton could finally lose to Barrett, solidifying the latter's push.

For those who wanted to know Barrett's second speech in his second vignette, I was able to get it as well. Enjoy: :)

Life used to be very simple: Fight or die. It was like breathing: If you stop, you die. But I was lured away into a world of lies. Of illusions. A world where life was easy. Civilized. But I couldn't live the lie because I couldn't escape the truth. Life is pain. I'm Wade Barrett and my barrage has just begun.

I am looking forward to his return. The the next time he goes into a WWE or World title run I would like to see a lot of hype about him becoming the first British world champion. Maybe even have him win one of those titles in England. Do any British fans agree, or anyone else for that matter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back