Wade Barrett's Return

My thoughts.

I don't think Barrett will return in the MITB Ladder Match, as they have apparently already finished adding superstars to the match. Of course, "anything can happen in the WWE," so they could easily add him, but I don't think there would be enough time to build him into the match.

So I say bring him back after MITB to build for a match at Summerslam. I haven't put any thought into who he would face, but I think that is the best option for him.

Finally, I sincerely hope Barrett doesn't return with the theme he had before he got injured. It just didn't fit his character. Now, there have been times where I didn't like someone's theme at first and I grew to eventually like it, but this one was different, in a bad way. So I'm hoping WWE will give him "End of Days" again for the time being, and put the whole "Just Don't Care Anymore" theme behind us.

Either he wins the Battle Royal tonight and name himself in the match on SD next week or Regal as GM does. Those two ways would get him back into the match. I do think he should still win it, much as everyone is clamouring for Ziggler, it was Barrett's spot before the injury and Dolph caused it (albiet accidentally) so he should be put back where he was.

Dolph didn't cause it, Big Show did. I mean, Dolph played a part in the landing but it was Show that sloppily threw Barrett on top of Dolph, what could Dolph have done? Either way, it was an accident for all parties, but Barrett was understandably furious afterwards.

I wouldn't mind Barrett, Ziggler, or Rhodes winning. And it's looking good right now because none of the others in the match stand a legitimate chance in my book. I'd prefer Barrett, but I'd settle for the other two. However my preferance is in that order; Barrett, Ziggler, Rhodes.

I didn't watch RAW this past Monday (August 6) so I'm not sure if this aired as a commercial but I did see that WWE.com posted a vignette promoting the return of Wade Barrett to active competition. Here is the link to the video if you haven't seen it - (http://www.wwe.com/videos/wade-barr...has-only-yet-begun-raw-august-6-2012-26042766). It looks like he is sporting a new look complete with a bushy beard and that he is returning to his roots of the bare-knuckle fighting world to come back better than ever. My request of you is to book Wade Barrett's return.

Does he come back as a face? Or a heel again?

Who does he feud with upon returning?

Will the Barrett Barrage pick up other wrestlers to form a new stable? (Stables have been a predominant aspect of Barrett's WWE career (i.e. Nexus/Corre)).

Does this kind of remind you of the plot of the Dark Knight Rises where Batman has to return to his training to defeat the ultimate enemy in Bane? If so, who is that ultimate enemy? Randy Orton? Justin Gabriel? Daniel Bryan? (This is more of a joke but I was thinking of it during his voice over in the vignette).

DISCUSS!

I think Barrett needs to be a Heel upon his return, he's too talented and too good on the mic to be a face, there'd be no struggle for him to get to the top as he's already that good so i think Heel at least for now.

Upon returning i don't know who i would put him against, i mean the faces at the moment are all generally too weak to be any real challenge to a guy like Barrett, if Punk was still a full face then that'd have been great, as they still have bad blood from Nexus takeover etc, but it's really hard to pinpoint an appropriate fued for him at the moment.

As for the batman comparison, that's been a storyline used plenty before batman, but the film of course will have filtered its way into wrestling storylines, infact i'm suprised they haven't done something with Kane being the Bane character

First of all, it took me a long time to buy into Barrett as a potential top guy, but I think he's got superstar written all over him and expect big things upon his return.

I suspect he'll come back as a heel and I think his promo return would back this up. Faces don't usually have promos as dark and visceral in production as his. I think, logically, Barrett's first big opponent should be Randy Orton. It makes perfect sense. Orton has basically floated through the past year and a half with only one solid program, and that was with Barrett. It was heated, personal, and the two guys are spitting images of each other in a lot of ways, so there's a bunch of chemistry and history already there. Also, they never fully resolved their feud, so it makes sense to tend to unfinished business.

I don't think he needs a stable -- in fact, I think fans in general are too quick to want to throw random stables together -- but wouldn't be shocked if they went that route eventually. To me, Barrett is one of the few guys on WWE's current roster that make sense as the head of a stable. He has an uncanny amount of leadership qualities built in to his character; he's full of authoritativeness. That said, I wouldn't rush him into a stable. He needs to be a massive singles star, and in order to do that, he first needs to handle business himself. Once he captures a World Championship and digs into a decent reign, then perhaps it becomes reasonable for him to begin surrounding himself with younger talent again that can use a rub from a champion and that, in return, can help him keep the strap around his waist.

Can't wait for Barrett's return. He should definitely be a heel upon his return. Why? Because he's already so good at it. I'm kind of disappointed that they're using vignettes to announce his return, I would've rather had him interfere in or right after the World Heavyweight Championship match at Summerslam and begin a program with Sheamus. I don't want to see another feud between him and Orton. I think he should simply and immediately announce he's throwing his hat into the World Heavyweight title picture and have (maybe a couple) matches with Sheamus. I think these two would be a perfect match. They have the right combination of wrestling ability and brawling ability and it seems either guy can work well with just about anyone. Barrett doesn't necessarily have to win the title as a result of this program, but I think it would be better to pull the trigger on him sooner than later. Especially if every match he has with Sheamus leaves Sheamus in shock of Barrett's ability.

Lemme just say at first, I'm so excited for Wade's return, not only is he English (GO ENGLAND), but he's (in my mind) one of the driving forces for the future of the WWE. I could totally see him being one of the greatest heels ever. He'd need to change a few things up for me atm though:

- His theme song stinks in my mind; Even though he's a heel, I think his music shouldn't be poor just to induce the crowd to hate it. Everyone needs a good theme song, and this one is just terrible.

- His finisher needs to change too, it just looks pathetic on the heavier wrestlers. He would so fit a finisher like the Weapon of Mass Destruction, seeing how he's a bare knuckle fighter.

He definitely comes back a heel for me, he plays the role far too well, can't imagine he'd suite being a face at all.

I'm hoping that ADR fails to beat Sheamus (again), and then Barrett is immediately injected into a (hopefully lengthy) program with Sheamus, where he could possibly capture the title on the first match, and then Sheamus reclaims it later on.

I hope Barrett comes back as a solo competitor, he needs to really get time on his own to flourish now. Stables are typically used to try spot any talent that exceeds the rest, who can go on on their own, and he's past that for now. Hell, he could form a stable in a future that's sole purpose is to get other's over (see Evolution). I can't stop comparing him to HHH, hopefully minus the alleged backstage politics, I can see his success being on a similar scale, if WWE booking gets it right.

Haven't seen Dark Knight Rises :(

He definitely has to be Heel. I can't imagine him as a face, he just wouldn't suit it. His return should lead him to a solid push for a world title. He deserves to be at the top and a feud between him and Sheamus for the belt would be very enjoyable.

I watched the promo video and I've gotta' say - he looks absolutely shredded. The dark environment, the new beard, and you know that the suit he's wearing is just there to restrain a kind of guy that is absolutely dangerous.

From that promo he seems like he's changed his character from the usual heel we're used to, he doesn't seem wimpy or like someone that might turn out to be a cheap & cowardly character.

I love it. He seems like the ultimate bad guy: he's been through hell, he's indestructible, and you don't like him because he can back-up every bit of what he says about his persona.

You're right though, he almost seems like Bruce Wayne when he went back to his training in prison to defeat Bane - he's a new man.

Did anyone else notice that nothing that Wade said seemed to be overly cocky? It was very different to what he usually has to say, but I liked it because this character seems so refreshing, and there are just way too many cocky heel personas circulating around the WWE these days.

If I'm honest, I thought that the music for the promo towards the end was rather like the entrance music that used to play when Mankind was making his way to the ring. It was almost like the music that you would hear in a movie when a bad-guy is revealing his master plans for word domination to the heros. I know that it probably won't be his music, but I sure as hell hope that he doesn't make his return with that horrible song he debuted before he got injured.

Anyway, I'm glad that they didn't do a simple montage of him wrestling jobbers or something, this makes it seem as if he is pretty much lined up for a world title run at some point if all goes well. I'm hoping that he will be taking on the likes of Sheamus or Orton, or perhaps Sheamus will drop the title to Barrett because it always seemed as if WWE were lining that rivalry up for the long-term. I'm not a huge fan of Sheamus these days, but for some reason Barrett and Sheamus have always had excellent promo/match chemistry; Barrett brings out the best in Sheamus. When they fight; Sheamus reverts back to how he was before he became too goofy, they just seem like they were born to feud with one-another, and one day I could see them main-eventing together at many PPVs - which actually makes me feel rather excited.

Wade will come back as a heel thankfully and begin a feud with Sheamus for the World Title. And I hope he gets it soon. Wade is one of my Top 3 right now.

I say bring him back Heel and have him just come out and start knocking faces out. To show his "roots" he should come out and do no moves, just knock peoples lights out and then maybe a different finisher because Wasteland was kind of lame in my opinion.

Thank you God for bringing us back Wade Barrett. At first I didn't much like the guy but after he picked up the mic- Holy hell man. FANTASTIC mic work, solid persona. Wade IS the future of this industry! He needs to remain a heel for a while. Eventually the masses will warm to him and he will inevitable have to turn face. Hate to say it because I think he makes an amazing heel but after a while certain talent just grows on people and I think Barrett will be one of those guys. I mean hell I hated the guy when he first showed up but after watching him I can't wait for him to come back.

As far as the Batman thing goes- no thanks. Talk about a recycled storyline. Just let the Englishman do what he does best: beat people down, and torment us with his incredible heel mic work.

As far as a feud goes.. Honestly he's already been there with Orton and Cena. Maybe give Rhodes a face turn and have Barrett vs Rhodes. 2 young, solid talents going at it. That would be entertaining IMO. You could even allow Rhodes to remain heel. I just want to see these 2 guys go at it as I feel they could put on some beautiful matches.

Every wrestling promotion needs a top face and a top heel, we know who the WWE's top face is, but i think Wade Barret definitly has the potential to be the top heel, in my opinion he can even be better than CM Punk in the long run, i am really looking forward to his return, in my opinion he should finish what he started with Orton, then if Ziggler still has the briefcase, Barret should say something that if he hadn't injured him he would be the one with the briefcase, and start a 3 way feud with Sheamus/Ziggler/Barret, and like CM Plank, i always find a resemblance between Barret and Triple H, they are both intelligent, methodical and can find the weak spots in their oponents, in fact, i think that after Triple H and Brock Lesnar have their feud settled, Triple H and Wade Barret should start one, leading up to Wrestlemania 29, and that's when Triple H can put him over and oficially pass the torch to Barret, that would be epic in my opinion......

I think Wade Barrett will be returning as a heel even though he will probably get a good size pop when he makes his TV return. I was trying to figure out last night who Wade will feud with at first I was thinking they might bring him to RAW to feud with Punk but with a Punk heel turn that's out of the question so now im thinking hes gonna feud with Sheamus and take the WHW title from him maybe at Night Of Champions or Hell In A Cell when that rolls around.

Heel, Face, its too black and white. I didn't get a clear cut impression of either in the video, I feel he should just be back as a full on brawler. Make him come back with the same attitude as Austin. Don't confuse that with "I want Austin back". I'm saying he should have no friends in either heels or faces, he's a lone wolf. He fights for what he believes in and no one else.

That will make him successful and distinguished. To make him a bad or good guy with zero flexibility in between will just feed us the same trash we always see.

That video promo was the best since the 2-11 or whatever the date was for the promos for Undertaker returning before Mania 27.

I can't wait for Barrett to come back!

Both brands are lacking heels.

I'd want to say Barrett/Sheamus should feud since the Del Rio thing is already old & played out and they have another match to go. But with Ziggler on the rise so fast and his briefcase specifically for the WHC, I can easily see Barrett inserted into the WWE title picture.

He could feud with Punk, Cena, Bryan, & Kane. all before the rumble and Mr. Hollywood comes back to steal more spots (Yeah Rock sells and is a legend but there is no denying he DEFINATELY is taking main event spots away from guysthat are there day in and day out.)

If he stays around, I would LOVE a Jericho/Barrett feud. So much history from NXT, Nexus, etc.

That Promo was awesome, i really hope Wade Barrett comes back just like that Promo - The Beard, The Sore Eye, The bandaged hands, The Jeans. Bare Knuckle fighting in the mean streets of Manchester type of Gimmick.

Before he got injured he was just another Cocky Heel, with what others have said a lame looking finisher in Wasteland, the entrance music, and that silly Blazer he would wear over his shoulders.

Can't wait for this return. Hopefully he will come out after a Randy Orton match or something and punish him with pure bare knuckle style punches.

That has to be one of the best promo's i have seen in a long, long time. It captured Barrett's character, mood and style perfectly.

Ive been a fan of his since his debut on NXT, firstly because he is from the same part of England as i am.. then it was his talent that got me hooked.

He is so damn good in the ring, on the mic and telling a story. He has the potenital to be a leading star for the WWE... im talking HBK/Cena/Orton style (but a heel of course)

Id love to see him just come in, knock people out and leave. Not even bother about a match, then have someone like Sheamus or Orton start to get involved in his business leading to a lenghty rivalry over the World title, then I hope to see him carry the World title through to WrestleMania.

"I am Wade Barrett and my Barage has just begun!"

The Orton feud really got his career back on track.

I like that they are doing vignettes with him. They are trying to make his return a big deal.

I thought a program with Punk where Barrett becomes the new wwe champ would of been the way to go. Barrett would then be the one to drop the title to Rock at RR. I dont think that will happen though. Too bad CM Punk turned heel. Barrett could of been in two big time angles.

I dont see how he fits into the World Title picture. Dolph will be the guy that cashes the MITB briefcase on Sheamus or Orton.

I'm so stoked for his return. This promo was perfect. I hope he comes back and wins the title off Sheamus. I think he needs new entrance music though, and a new finisher...maybe the clothesline from hell?

I too am psyched to see Wade Barrett return. I've been a fan of him since his first day in NXT.

I'm kind of disappointed that they're using vignettes to announce his return, I would've rather had him interfere in or right after the World Heavyweight Championship match at Summerslam and begin a program with Sheamus.

While I respect your opinion about being disappointed of the WWE using vignettes to announce his return, I kindly disagree. As much as I am a Wade Barrett fan, the fans may have forgotten him during his time away. Having him interfere in the World Heavyweight Championship Match at Summerslam, or having him interfere in a match in general, wouldn't have made a big impact for me. The fans might think that a nobody interfered in Sheamus' match. He may be over enough to get "Barrett Sucks" Chants during his days as leader of the Nexus and even after going solo, but let's face it, he's not that over. Showing vignettes for his return was excellent. In fact, vignettes have been underused for a while now. Seeing one today, especially for Barrett, has been a breath of fresh air. These should give him more hype when he returns.

Who does he feud with upon returning?

Sheamus. However, I'm actually one of the minority here. I don't want to see another Sheamus/Barrett Feud. It's old news for me. Barrett needs a new one. Like what HBKistheHOF and XXJJ have said, I would have loved to see a Punk/Barrett Feud due to their history in fighting for Nexus' leadership in the past two years. But since Punk's now a full-blown heel himself, that's not gonna happen anytime soon. Therefore, I would love to see this feud instead:

Jericho/Barrett Feud

With Jericho being Barrett's kayfabe mentor, their feud would be nothing short of awesome.

The Sore Eye

I honestly don't know if the WWE overlooked Barrett's sore eye or if he himself has it permanently, but I can live with it.

Will the Barrett Barrage pick up other wrestlers to form a new stable?

I don't think so. Based on the vignette, he's going at it alone again. And with the rumors that the WWE pushing him becoming true, he should stay alone for the time being.

"I am Wade Barrett and my Barrage has just begun!"

For those who wanted to know Barrett's whole speech, I was able to get it. Enjoy: :)

"Where I come from, an onslaught of fury is the only way to survive. Survival leads to escape. But with escape, callous souls suffer and you become vulnerable. When the fire inside you burns out, you have to go back into the abyss to re-ingnite the flame. I am Wade Barrett and my barrage has just begun."

I can't wait for Wade Barrett!!! Great promo and in fact I am so happy that WWE might finally be capatalising on his bare knuckle fighter gimmick. What I mean by that is when he had his feud with Orton, Randy used to get the better of him with punches in their matches. That used to really annoy me because that was part of why he had made ito the big leagues, that was his advantage. Much like no one could out wrestle Kurt Angle, but they could maybe beat him with a high risk move or with a power move.

No one should be out punching Barrett, so I hope WWE kept that strong on his return. The promo was on Raw, we'll have to wait and see if it is played on Smackdown. He was on the SD roster when he left so we'll see who he goes against on his return.

For me the promo more screamed of a tweener than a heel. As he had worked hard to get back to top form. But I hope it is Sheamus he goes after and he wins the title from him.

Also I can't ebelive there is so much hate for the Wasteland. 1. It is such a cool name for a finisher and 2. most of the top WWE guys throughout history have had a shit finisher, such as the Hogan Legdrop, Cena's AA, Rock's Rockbottom, Sweet Chin Music is a kick. Just let the Wasteland do it's thing after Barrett beats the shit out of his opponent.

I would like to see Barret continue his feud with Orton where he left off.
After that he can move on to Shemus. Shemus looks to be losing some steam with stale feuds off late. Shemus can move over to wwe title picture now that Punk is a heel.
OR
Del Rio wins the title in SS. Barret attacks Del Rio after. Del Rio can heel and Barret face this might help Del Rio too.
OR
Ziggler would be free after his Jericho feud maybe Barret can attack him and start a feud with him. Not a long one thou short feud I'd like long one after they both get established.

I think that the next step for Barret is to win the World Heavyweight championship. Barret is a rising star in the WWE, and I can see him potentially being the next big time heel that everyone can grow to "hate". That being said, I believe a feud with Sheamus leading up to a match at Survivor Series could be something great. Maybe since Del Rio "lost" his opportunity for a match at Summerslam, have Barret come out and beat Sheamus for the belt in a Screwjob, then have a rematch at Survivor Series between the two with a long feud in between. I honestly think Sheamus is stale as champion right now, and I think this feud could bring a relevence back to the championsip.

I'm really looking forward to Barrett's return. The return promo was really cool and WWE seems to be set on putting a little twist on Barrett's character, making him more dynamic than he was before. Wade Barrett has all the tools to become a major player in the WWE and I'm looking forward to him taking the next big step toward the top of the card, upon his return. Barrett could be a nice feud for anybody in the upper-midcard/main event and could very well end up in the title picture in the coming months. I wouldn't be surprised to see him facing off against Sheamus for the World Heavyweight Championship at Night of Champions, as Sheamus seems to have gone through most of the other possible challengers. I wouldn't mind seeing a Barrett/Punk program either, though I would rather have Barrett work his way toward that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Barrett showed up on Raw tonight, but I'm thinking we'll see a few more vignettes before he shows up. He's coming back with a new attitude and a bit of an adjustment to his gimmick, so it's definitely not a bad choice by the WWE to try and re-introduce him to the audience through promos. Either way, he's destined for big things in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back