Is WWE Racist?

oh yeah one more thing though, even though I do not think the WWE is completely racist they do use stereotypes alot sometimes they do go overboard

like having mexicans come out driving Lawn Mowers? what was that crap? that was overboard even some skits with Cryme Tyme, why did people have to talk ghetto just to comunicate with Cryme Tyme I remember when HBK did it one time, McMahon saying whats up my N*gga I think it was to Cena and Booker T was standing right behind him??? LOL I know for a fact all black people don't talk like that even though I thought those skits was funny at the time looking back it may have been a little too much

This is a really interesting topic and I agree with a lot of the statements that WWE is more stereotypical than racist. Cryme Tyme is the perfect example, I am a black female and when I saw their FIRST gimmick, where they would have the moments in the "hood" (or maybe it was called something else) but I did get a little offended, did I laugh? Yes, but did find it a little offensive that Cryme Tyme were portraying the stereotypical role but it's what people want and that's what WWE gives them, I guess.
I'll never forget when DX walked up to Cryme Tyme to buy some tickets, once again I found that funny but as an after thought it was in my mind "Why did HBK have to speak 'jive' in order for them to understand?"
I had to put myself in check and realize that wrestling is about the money, not only that but it's acting! These guys put on a role and we the viewers find it entertaining, and they shouldn't be taken so serious.
I didn't realize how many minority wrestlers there were not just present but in the past and I do think WWE just pushes what the fans ask for. Personally, I think Shelton Benjamin is VERY talented but could he headline a match? No. He lacks something, maybe charisma... but something isn't there and I hope he finds it soon.
So, is the WWE racist? Nah, they just stereotype.

I really don't think they're racist... VKM ain't that stupid. He's run this business for decades now, and he's not an idiot to let good talent go to waste simply due to his distaste towards their skin color.

No there not racist. Shelton cant talk on a mic. He has no skills and thats big in getting a huge push. King Booker was World Champ for awhile. Lashely was ECW champ and in the middle of a huge push when he got hurt. This is stupid. Its about the guy that has mic skills, can wrestle and draw fans. Sorry if there are only 2 guys that can do that for that race. Thats just the way it is. This is a stupid post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back