• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is WWE Racist?

This is a stupid arguement, of course WWE is not racist, if there were any question about that let me add this point. 3 GM's- ECW, estrada SD!- Teddy Long Raw- (acting) the Coach. none of these guys are caucasian. If they had noticed racism, dont you think they would have tried to do something about it??? the way I see it is this, the majority of wrestler are white, thus most campionships go to white people. but please, pay attention when I say, the following people are all in the middle of a push; Elijah Burke, Rey Mysterio, Big Daddy V, Batista, MVP, Umaga, and if you think about it Carlito has gotten a little bit of one. None of these people are white, so think about that for a minute

i agree and disagree with jizzle, or whoever, but if WWE were racist, they wouldnt still be going, would they? booker would have sued, so would JTG and Shad.

yanno.

hmn is wwe racist interesting topic.... I DONT BELIEVE THAT ONLY WWE IS RACIST ITS MILLONS OF PLACES OF WORK AND STORES AND ALL THAT. BUIT LOOK AT THE RECENT FIRINGS 3 BLACK NO 4 BLACK OR AFRICAN AMERICAN SUPERSTARS HAVE BEEN FIRED ..SUCH AS JTG AND SHAD, BOOKER T (THEY SAY HE QUIT) AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST ONE OF THE WORST THINGS THE WWE COULD DO RELEASE MONTY BROWN.... WHAT ARE THEY THINKING HIS RING SKILLS ARE GREAT ... I NEVER HEARD HIM SPEAK SO IDK IF HE HAS CHARISMA .. BUT HE COULD HAVE BEEN A STAR AND WHY WAS HE ON ECW.
SO WITH ALL THAT THERE HAS NT BEEN A BLACK WWE CHAMPION ON RAW THE MAIN SHOW EVERY BODY WATCHES ND OVER 1 YEAR BIENG THAT CRAPPY CENA ...OR AS I LIKE TO CALL HIM CON CENA LOL ... HAS HELD THE TITLE ... PUT THE TITLE ON ORTON.. OR A DESERVING MINORITY

Obviously WWE is racist.

They fire Cryme Tyme. Two black brothers.
They release Marcus Cor Von. A sensational athlete. Why? Because he a black man.
Did Gail Kim get 6 title reigns like that white woman Trish? No she did not.
Ric Flair. 16 time world champ. Yeah. You guessed it. He a white man.
How many titles has Daivari held? 0

Basically this comes down to one event. King Of The Ring 1995. They give a black fella a chance and he doesn't run with it. In the few months after that event Vince realised that not all brothers are good athletes. Thus he decided to never push another man of colour again.

It is hard to say the WWE is Racist, considering that King Booker had the title for half of last year. And Bobby Lashly had the ECW title for a while there also. At least tell he got transfered to RAW.. Last I checked there skin color is black.....

I don't think they are. Bobby Lashley is great, they always use him, have nothing visibly against him, and he's dark. But on the other hand, maybe they don't like the way Cryme Tyme acted, ghetto and all. I thought it was awesome, but maybe they thought other ways. Also, they have many blacks high up. Like Teddy Long, Johnathon Coachman, etc. They might be slightly racist but I don't think so.

Yeah I don't think you can say that because the WWE fired Cryme Tyme they're racist... That makes... Well it doesn't make anything... Certainly not sense anyway.

I don't think that because the GM's on the shows are anything other than white means that the WWE is devoid of racism, and I don't think that racism is the sort of argument that you can use math on. I don't think the ratio of black to white wrestlers or how many times a black dude holds a title has anything to do with the debate at all.

As I said earlier, and as others have also said since, the WWE is a money making business, it doesn't care about whether or not their champions are black, white, asian or Khali. In order to be a successful business you can't have such primitive business running senses like racism, sexism or any other kind of prejudice, it just wont make you as much money as only focusing on the most potentially profitable and efficient system you can possibly make.

What I think can be racist and prejudiced in general within the WWE is the length they go to in storylines and characters to make money. As I said earlier, the most shocking example for me was certainly Hassan and Eugene at WMXX, but also stuff like the Sandman beating the crap out of Eugene, a mentally challenged guy, with a singapore cane while Eugene begged him to leave him alone... And the Sandman was supposed to be face? That's just messed up man! I don't care what the message was, that ECW was so much more different than WWE or whatever, it's just not cool to pitch the idea of a mentally disabled guy begging someone not to hurt him (while Sandman commands him to beg), and then getting the crap beaten out of him for no reason other than telling the crowd that he loved them and all the ECW wrestlers and so on. It's just so unsavory I actually felt really uncomfortable watching it.

All this is just a matter of opinion, I mean I say that, but I have no problem with JBL being racist to get heat or Eddie Guerrero lying, cheating and stealing. JBL is someone you're not supposed to like, so him doing that stuff is supposed to be a bad thing anyway, and Eddie was a single character, amongst a pool of mexican wrestlers who had very different gimmicks, who was proud of his background and even the stereotype sometimes attached to it, I never felt as though I was being told to think that all Mexicans were criminals.

Stuff like Hassan I had a big problem with because it was just so extreme and over the top with its message and it was at a time where all things middle-eastern were over-the-top hated in America. I also hate Stone Cold Steve Austin, because I don't want to like and cheer a guy who seemingly hates everyone, is an alcoholic and the definition of white trash. At least Attitude era Austin had some sort of morales and could go 30 seconds without turning on his mother, back then he was just a working stiff who was standing up to his boss, and all the DTA and so on was aimed at 'the man'. Now he's just a jerk.

It's late, I'm rambling and need to sleep.

Obviously WWE is racist.

They fire Cryme Tyme. Two black brothers.
They release Marcus Cor Von. A sensational athlete. Why? Because he a black man.
Did Gail Kim get 6 title reigns like that white woman Trish? No she did not.
Ric Flair. 16 time world champ. Yeah. You guessed it. He a white man.
How many titles has Daivari held? 0

Basically this comes down to one event. King Of The Ring 1995. They give a black fella a chance and he doesn't run with it. In the few months after that event Vince realised that not all brothers are good athletes. Thus he decided to never push another man of colour again.

Ok Y2Jake you are officially declared an idiot by me. You obviously aren't paying attention to the wrestling headlines or you just don't know shit about the wrestling business

Cryme Time: Did an unscripted move to a referee
Corvon: took off too much time due to family issues
Daivari: will never be a top star. And not b/c of his skin color, because he's a little annoying bitch that only knows how to run his mouth.
Ric Flair: has never been a World Champion under WWE contract

Now to argue the top black stars:
Booker T: 1x world champion
Bobby Lashley: 1x ECW champion. Also given a big push by feuding with McMahon
Elijah Burke: on his way to the top, I can't say anything for him yet. But he will be a big time player in the future.

I rest my case

You obviously aren't paying attention to the wrestling headlines or you just don't know shit about the wrestling business

I'm not involved with the wrestling buisness.

Cryme Time: Did an unscripted move to a referee
Corvon: took off too much time due to family issues
Daivari: will never be a top star. And not b/c of his skin color, because he's a little annoying bitch that only knows how to run his mouth.
Ric Flair: has never been a World Champion under WWE contract

Cryme Tyme with there racist gimmick. Stealing? Apparently that a black man sport.
Cor Von was released because he black. Argue all you want. But if he was a big white man he would have benefited from the death of Benoit.
Err that's Daivari's gimmick. Idiot. All men of his colour talk like that.
Ric Flair won theWWF title twice in 1992.

FACT.

Now to argue the top black stars:
Booker T: 1x world champion
Bobby Lashley: 1x ECW champion. Also given a big push by feuding with McMahon
Elijah Burke: on his way to the top, I can't say anything for him yet. But he will be a big time player in the future.

I rest my case

Booker was given a white mans gimmick. King? Yeah and African king.
Bobby Lashley was given the belt of a racist promotion. How did the Original ECW showcase nergro's? They had them as Gangstas and hooligans. Lashley's title reign is a kick in the face.
Elijah Burke frequently jobbs to white men. And how did he debut? As a white mans man servant.

Ok Y2Jake you are officially declared an idiot by me.

Same here brother. As if you thought my post was anything other than sarcasm.

ok there are many reasons to ever look at the racism in WWE. there have been several superstars that have held a major brand title in the WWE, King Booker ( African American), Batista (Filipino and Greek) Eddie Guerrero (Mexican) Rey Mysterio (Mexican) the Rock (Samoan) Bobby Lashley (African American). As you can see there have been several champions that were and are of color. The WWE is not racist, they are a business and in the business world you need to give the people what they want. The WWE is not going to make Lance Cade WHC champion because he is white, they would make him champion if they are a draw and bring in tons of money i.e John Cena who is a pretty decent performer but one of the reasons why he is champ is because he brings in revenue from his merchandise and is a major draw, which means more money for VKM.

If anything the WWE is more stereotypical, for instance, Cryme Tyme they are African Americans so therefore they steal and hustle. Eddie Guerrero o he is mexican so therefore he must lie cheat and steal, or the Mexicools when they came to the WWE, o they are mexican so therefore we are going to let them make there entrance on tractors because they are phenomenal landscapers. That really isn't a sign of racism if any thing it is a sign that the WWE is more stereotypical than anything else. or another example Trevor Murdoch he is a redneck so he must have a shady appearance and where Flannel shirts and not dress nice. No that isnt racism, it is stereotypical.

The fans and the WWE doesnt care if you are white, black, tan, blue, green, or even yellow, if you bring in a lot of revenue for your merchandise and you draw the fans to the arena you are going to make it to the top not because of your ability or color, or appearance, if you draw and bring in money you will make it because thats what the business world is all about, being successful. Its not a matter of your color or what ever its your drawing power, the WWE was never racist when they fired Cryme Tyme they were fired because of there antics in the ring not because of there color or gimmick.

yes there is going to be controversy of some sports having racism issues but the WWE is not one of them. its all about money in this business and if your bring in loads you will become big, whether your white, African american, Filipino, Samoan, it doesnt matter, as long as you bring in the money. Vince even says it himself its all about the Money.

This entire Thread is a pot shot at the WWE, which by the way will probably never read this,

No it wasent, i started it to invoke discussion not because i thought the wwe was racist, i love the wwe and dont think its anything other than entertainment, its unfair to say that the entire thread was a pot shot at the wwe because if you read my original post when i started this thread you will see that i dident ever once state that i thought wwe was racist i just posed the question, maybe a few posters used it as a pot shot at the wwe but i dident so i think thats an unfair statement.

you know what makes me laugh is that every time someone loses their job and they aint white, the company that sacked them is racist come on, im arab decent and saw the mohammed hassan angle, i didnt hate it because they played on terrorism, no i hated it because it reminded me of the whole slaughter hogan angle at wrestlemania vii, the wwe had a reason to get rid of chrime time, they nearly harmed an innocent, someone who doesnt even have matt experience and in wrestling that is a no no.

the same would of happened to anyone and i think people should stop shouting racism and start actually researching what racism is.

batista is half greek half philipino, hes not black, but again he is asian in origin, so he is not clased as white, goldberg is jewish but you never seen him slag the wwe off of being neo nazis because they fired him.

as far as im concerned wrestling is about gimmicks and using real life to interpret onto screen what is the now fad and the wwe tries to instill that into controversial gimmicks, now at times these ideas are childish and stupid but they are not racist.

and if it be batista,cena,ortan,saviovega,stone cold whomever, the only person who has ever been abused by any wrestling promotion was jr by the oklahoman gimmick and that was terrible, and he is a bells pausey sufferer, he got fired once a week by vince and never complained he just did what he was told and the funnies thing about this is what hmm oh yeah hes white.

Just face it...it is impossible for some people to get the full scope of racism. There are things that the oppressed see that others don't. I'm sensitive to it, but I'll never get the full scope of the holocaust. Definately not to compare wwe to nazis, just that there are subtle discriminations that minorities face that "mainstream" America just doesn't see. WWE is all about the dollar I believe, but if that pursuit of the dollar puts a group of people at a disadvantage, soory folks, thats discimination no mtter how you slice it. Should Cryme Tyme have been fired? Don't know. I'm not the boss. They should be treated like anyone else given the situation. Is Shelton being held back? Don't know. Maybe he's biding his time/paying his dues, ala Benoit. Are the gimmicks racist? Don't know. They can be offensive, but at least everybody gets shitted on equally- Blacks and Latinos steal, Scots wear kilts, Rednecks look trashy(murdoch), Midgets are mischievious. But the fact of the matter is there is a bit of a glass ceiling. It's nothing to be given the title. Hell, Khali and Arquette had the same belt that Flair and Sting had. Getting the strap is not the end-all-be-all. There has been a lack of star power for minorities. Face the facts. WWE is a microcosm of America, so things are better, but there is room for improvement.

"President Bush does not care about Black people."

Hi, I'm new here. I thought this thread was pretty interesting and wanted to contribute to it.

I don't think that the WWE is racist either, but as others have said it does exploit the negative and stereotypical aspects that others (ie fans) may have about other races. Just like in Hollywood how you got a whole spate of Cold War movies with Russians as the bad guys. As the poster above me said, they exploit the image of what people may consider 'white'. We had IRS, Ted Dibiase, Vince McMahon, just as an example, they are the stereotypical rich powerful overlords - all of them heel. What makes wrestling great is that you can argue about the sociology behind it, Ted Dibiase was a figure who made everybody bow down to him and even had a 'slave' in Virgil who fought against his oppression with the fans behind him. Did the fans get behind him? Yes, but everything that happened afterwards had to do with the fact that he had little charisma in terms of the entertainment factor.

The WWE reflects the prejudices that society has, about rednecks, women, muslims, or any other minority. But what makes it worthwhile, is that they are able to fight out of that image and become the top contenders for the title (depending on if they are interesting in the ring as well as on the mic).

The WWE is a corporation that cares about money, and as many corporations do - it exploits what's there for its own benefit.

I'm not sure if the WWE is racist but I'm pretty sure JR is. Remember when Santino attacked Ron Simmons from behind a few weeks ago? Did JR say "Poor black man!"? No, he said "Poor Maria!"(this may have been posted already... I didn't read through 7 pages.)

Before anyone rags on me for being a racist,I am black okay:
We keep on talking about how WWE isnt pushing black superstars,but my question is,are the any black wrestlers on the roster deserving of a major league push? Look at Booka,his title reign was on tolerated by fans because we respected his prior inring achievements,but "King Booka" was as a whole boring.Look at Shelton,he was being given a push a few years ago,but he buried himself by being an a-hole backstage.Bobby Lashley's got the body,but not much else.Black,White,Yellow,Green or Purple,Big Daddy V is a waste of ring time.The only black guys who I would agree are being overlooked are Mark Henry& Elijah Burke.But just like MVP,I'm sure Burke will be World Champ one day
But why is it that we make such a big deal about this but noone's complaining about really talented guys not being pushed regardless of color?

I wouldn't go as far as to say the WWE were racist, infact I know they are not however when I was told the stat that the Rock was the first superstar with African heritage to win the WWE Title in 1998 that made me raise an eyebrow.

Some people argue that Yokozuna did win the belt in 1993 and he isn't white, regardless though five years of a difference is nothing when you consider WWE have been in business for close to sixty years it's kind of puzzling to say the least.

The wwe is not racist if you look at the roster you would find that there are 10 or more african american superstars , Raw - Bobby Lashley - Shelton Benjamin - Smackdown - Mark Henry - MVP - ECW - Elijah Burke - Boogeyman

I don't think the WWE is racist one bit. I think ever since the beginning they've been pushing the card with everything, but not color. I think what happened with hassan was a big shot to their ego about going outside of the box, even though I think Hassan was awesome, he knew had to get heat on himself and he did it all to well. I think they started to push buttons again when they hired cryme tyme, but in a funny way. I think the WWE give their belts to the people who can make them money and if that person happens to be black white brown yellow whatever then that person is going to hold the tite, but i doubt it has anything to do with color.

When Mohammed hassan used to fight the fans booed him before he even came out and to me I think that the fans may have been racist, I mean not against black wrestlers but against the asian wrestlers.

Lets look at a few things, Mohammed Hassan got booed every time, Dalvari gets booed all the time and now the great Khali gets booed all the time, please WWE I beg you to have a asian go over as a face so that all the asian wrestling fans have someone to look up to.

If WWE do that then I will be very grateful and it will make me an even bigger fan than I am now as I love WWE but it does my nut in sometimes with their decisions

When Mohammed hassan used to fight the fans booed him before he even came out and to me I think that the fans may have been racist, I mean not against black wrestlers but against the asian wrestlers.

Lets look at a few things, Mohammed Hassan got booed every time, Dalvari gets booed all the time and now the great Khali gets booed all the time, please WWE I beg you to have a asian go over as a face so that all the asian wrestling fans have someone to look up to.

If WWE do that then I will be very grateful and it will make me an even bigger fan than I am now as I love WWE but it does my nut in sometimes with their decisions

i get your point but you can still look up to the heels if you feel you can relate to them, theres nothing to stop you from cheering whoever you want to cheer, and its just too much of a sweeping statement to say the fans are racist, i dont think that hardly any of the fans hated mohammed hassan, dalvari or the great khali because they look at them and think, they are asian.

i think an asian wrestler going over as face would do wonders for the wwe as it is one thing i dont remember any promotion in america ever doing before. its a sad fact though that an asian face champion would be a risk to wwe. i think if a fan can look at a gifted asian wrestler next to a gifted white american wrestler next to a gifted black wrestler and chinese wrestler and so on... and not think about creed or ethnic background, or be biased towards any particular one based of there race, that is the true defenition of not being racist.

I won't say they are racist just have to cater to your fans, unfortunatly some people are still racist and some won't accept or root for black wrestlers, so the only way you can have a black champion I think is to make him a hated heel like Booker T was but just early this year Booker T had a great run as champ on smackdown and the entire King image was awesome, yes Lashley was ECW champion and was getting a great push and was also building a great fan base and still has that when he returns but would it last? I don't know I doubt it

Shelton Benjamin is a great athlete but he is boring, he is not bad on the mic but not all that great either, same for Lashley he does not have that charisma but is great in the ring

I think Elijah Burke is the complete package Charisma great athlete, him and Punk already had some classic matches so he shown he can perform big time during PPV and should be the top guy right now in the ECW but maybe they have bigger plans for him and will eventually move him to Raw I think he would make a great IC Champion, also MVP is black or mixed I think he has a great future as well he is the US Champ and Tag champ right now

Cryme Tyme blew a golden opportunity themselfs but I don't think we seen the last of them either one or both will eventually come back I hope

also the Rock is one of the great ever he is half black also he father is a legend himself who was also black and Rocky Johnson and Tony Atlas was with the WWE/F and even tag champions during the time when racism was even worse

look mate its not color its just a skin tone like i would be a darker color or red with sunburn if i went out in the sun a lot or lived in a sunny place

no i dont think wwe is racist they have mysterio whos of mexican decent and have mark henry as top stars.

yes they have had little ethnic minorty champions but thats because there is actually less people in ethnic minorty wrestling and thats because there are more caucasians in the usa so there wold obv tend to be more of them wrestling

god i hate it when people say colored its a frigin skin tone were all the same just some are lighter or a darker tone or skin because of the place they live in or the origin of decent or their parents

lol teddy long is the gm of smackdown so that proves that thier not racist by having a african american in a top role in smackdown

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back