Is Martha Hart ruining the legacy of Owen Hart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What legacy ? This is not even a real sport. You think she feels bad because we lost one of our favorite wrestlers. She lost a husband and a father to her kids in a totally preventable accident. You guys are desensitized by this world of fantasy that is wrestling that it dosent seem to affect you that the hundreds of dead men and women who took part in this business were somebody's loved one, father, mother, daughter or son. No, your more concerned about them getting inducted into some bs hall of fame based on a sport that isnt even a legitimate competition, like doing this makes any difference to his family.

We know the congress is beyond incompetent but it really boils my blood when they spend all this time investigating which guys in baseball were juicing, all the while the list of dead wrestlers, many under 60, has grown to be astronomically high. If athletes in the NBA or NFL were dropping like flies, the way former and current wrestlers do, we would never hear the end of it. No, wrestlers are treated like a sideshow, like a bunch of circus animals. Its amazing to me, how little blame Vince gets, if he was in charge of a real sport and this would happen, the least of his troubles would be, him being out of a job.

I'm torn on this one.

On one side I was a big Owen fan in the 90's. He was extremely talented and entertaining. Some of his promos were down right hilarious. As a fan it would be nice to see him get induced into the HOF. DVD's and action figures are great and all but if it REALLY is just about honoring Owen then the HOF should be good enough. The other stuff is just extra perks. To see him get the recognition he deserves for all his hard work over the years would be awesome.

On the real side I realize life is a lot deeper then wrestling. If it's too painful for his wife to forgive and forget then we should just respect her decision. It would be a big injustice for Owen's career to just fade away but like someone else said there's always old tapes and forums like these to try and avoid that from happening.

I didn't think Martha Hart is actually stopping wwe from putting Owen into the HoF or releasing a tribute dvd, she may be able to stop them producing action figures and the like as I'm sure there image rights for Owen would have expired by now, however as wwe owns the rights to the majority of Owen's matches they could easily release a dvd and put together a package to induct him.

Instead i believe the Vince is following her wishes to avoid the bad publicity that dragging Owen's death through the media again and perhaps even the courts would cause

She has made up her mind and it doesn't look like she will change it. Maybe the children will let them do something when they come of age. His children may be able to appreciate an induction when they are of age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back