• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dear Martha Hart:

Will you please just SHUT THE HELL UP!

God I am so sick and tired of this woman always having something negative to say about WWE trying to do anything when it comes to Owen Hart.

Don't get me wrong I completely understand the tragedy she went through losing her husband and her children losing their father...That is not what this thread is all about.

What this thread is about is the fact that 16 years later she STILL blames WWE for what happened to Owen Hart. It was a tragic accident....Key word there is ACCIDENT.....Unfortunately it was Owen himself who accidentally hit the release on his harness that caused the fall.

It is true that Owen was very uncomfortable with doing that stunt but it has been documented that Vince McMahon would never make his talent do something that he himself won't do it....It was Owen's decision to move forward with the stunt because he was all about the business and was a professional

Martha Hart to me is being very selfish.....True wrestling fans like me would love to watch a DVD that chronicles his career and life and she is against it and may even try to deprive us of that and I think that's ridiculous...God I wish there was a way I could write a letter to her personally.

Bottom line is Martha needs to get over herself and move past the blame of WWE. I'm not saying that she needs to move past Owen's death but seriously this is getting tired.

Long live the King of Hart's and Rest in Peace Owen. 16 years later we still miss you and you are definitely not forgotten!

Any thoughts?

"Martha, get over your husbands death so I can get a wrestling DVD!"

That's basically your point? Talk about selfish.

Ridiculous post.

Dear OP,

Eat a dick. Whether you agree or not, Martha Hart feels what she feels. She lost her husband tragically for a stupid, unnecessary stunt that could have been easily prevented. She wants her husband's memory to be her own, not to be for the profit of WWE based on some vision they created. I don't get it exactly but I'm not her.

It is not like she is demanding to get her own DVD or Hall of Fame induction. Her sanity is far more important than your DVD collection.

Sincerely,
Eat a dick

Dear Martha the fans need this dvd and a hall of fame induction it's our way of saying goodbye to a performer we loved for so many year and clearly 16 years after his passing we still talk about him so hey he did a great job connecting with the fans and Martha should stop trying to ruin a good thing and on a side note I hope this dvd deliverers cause it was so long over due and hope it has a lot of Owen rib stories in it cause those are priceless RIP OWEN HART U SHALL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

****** how bout if u "loved" him so much u will respect the wishes of the person he loved the most on this earth.........u are so delusional acting as if you are owed something.....thats his wife who really lost someone she loved to a companys negligence. .......but fuck it right you deserve this cause you used to watch him on tv...... some fans are legit crazy

Her "sanity" may be important, and no we don't know how she or her kids feel, but there is one way to end it... once and for all... Allow the HOF induction and the DVD on condition there is no more... if you need to make it a Hart Foundation induction or a Davey and Owen team induction so that then she doesn't have to show up... let the kids decide what they want to do but have it contracted that WWE can't then release any more Owen DVD's, books, documentaries or refer to him unless in a binding way such as "WWE Hall of Famer Owen Hart" then all the tension goes away... It's arguably why Lanny let Randy go in in the end...

No one will say "the fans rights trump her families" but at the end of the day there are two possible ways she can be seen, rightly or wrongly. As someone who, for the sake of Owen and the side of him that loved wrestling fans said "OK...but under these terms" or the wife of a wrestler killed on duty who could never,ever forgive... Whether Martha or anyone posting likes it or not, this will bring it to a head and it'll be either or...

Dear Martha the fans need this dvd and a hall of fame induction it's our way of saying goodbye to a performer we loved for so many year and clearly 16 years after his passing we still talk about him so hey he did a great job connecting with the fans and Martha should stop trying to ruin a good thing and on a side note I hope this dvd deliverers cause it was so long over due and hope it has a lot of Owen rib stories in it cause those are priceless RIP OWEN HART U SHALL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

Jesus I don't even know where to start on this.

You know what it's not even worth the time and effort other than this. If you need Hart to have a HOF ring and a DVD to feel closure, then sir I feel sorry for you, because you have issues.

Her "sanity" may be important, and no we don't know how she or her kids feel, but there is one way to end it... once and for all... Allow the HOF induction and the DVD on condition there is no more... if you need to make it a Hart Foundation induction or a Davey and Owen team induction so that then she doesn't have to show up... let the kids decide what they want to do but have it contracted that WWE can't then release any more Owen DVD's, books, documentaries or refer to him unless in a binding way such as "WWE Hall of Famer Owen Hart" then all the tension goes away... It's arguably why Lanny let Randy go in in the end...

No one will say "the fans rights trump her families" but at the end of the day there are two possible ways she can be seen, rightly or wrongly. As someone who, for the sake of Owen and the side of him that loved wrestling fans said "OK...but under these terms" or the wife of a wrestler killed on duty who could never,ever forgive... Whether Martha or anyone posting likes it or not, this will bring it to a head and it'll be either or...

Why can't it be ended by just not putting him into the Hall of Fame, and not releasing a DVD. The way you're saying it, the WWE gets to have it's cake and eat it too.

Martha Hart lost her husband period. Now if he had been killed in a car crash on the way to a show, I could understand why maybe she'd might be seen as being unreasonable this many years later. He will killed in the WWE's ring, using equipment that malfunctioned during a dangerous stunt. One he didn't want to do, and I'm sure she knew he didn't want to do it. That's probably why she's so upset and can't leave it.

She just wants to be left alone and let her husband be left alone as well. Is that really too too much to ask. Apparently so.

The fairly common belief is Owen Hart was only back in his Blue Blazer character as punishment. The punishment was because Owen refused a pitched angle where it would be revealed he was having an affair with Debra, who was with Jarrett at the time. Owen refused because it would make his family uncomfortable and as a husband/father, he didn't want to do that.

So because Owen had some morals, he was put back into the Blue Blazer character.

Pretty close. The Blue Blazer was actually Owen's idea though. It was his way of being involved while staying away from the type of angles like the one he refused where he was supposed to have an affair with Debra McMichael. Like his brother, he wasn't a fan of the WWF's storylines of the time, and as he saw it I guess, he could bring back something a little more wholesome and fun instead of risque and envelope pushing.

He was punished for not wanting to do that angle. His punishment though was more being kept down on the card, and doing more jobs. Despite it all though, they liked Owen, so it wasn't necessarily a serious punishment... especially if you pay any attention to the rumors that the gimmick of "The Game" was initially meant for Owen. He was a guy that they always had in their plans in some fashion, because he was such a good hand in the ring and so well liked outside of it.

I think your all being completely selfish, You only lost a wrestler you like this woman lost her whole life and her children lost their father due to a negligent incident at his place of work.
The arrogance of some on here is shocking to accuse this women and her kids of being selfish and greedy after what they have lost, No wonder she wants to distance herself and her family from wrestling and now the company which was responsible wants to cash in on his death, Your actually all a bunch of heartless hypocrites as I can't imagine many being as forgiven if they were in similar shoes.

Owen Hart was one of my favourites at the time and I would love to see a documentary made and hall of fame to honour his career he dedicated his life to but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it not happening.

Will you please just SHUT THE HELL UP!

God I am so sick and tired of this woman always having something negative to say about WWE trying to do anything when it comes to Owen Hart.

Don't get me wrong I completely understand the tragedy she went through losing her husband and her children losing their father...That is not what this thread is all about.

What this thread is about is the fact that 16 years later she STILL blames WWE for what happened to Owen Hart. It was a tragic accident....Key word there is ACCIDENT.....Unfortunately it was Owen himself who accidentally hit the release on his harness that caused the fall.

It is true that Owen was very uncomfortable with doing that stunt but it has been documented that Vince McMahon would never make his talent do something that he himself won't do it....It was Owen's decision to move forward with the stunt because he was all about the business and was a professional

Martha Hart to me is being very selfish.....True wrestling fans like me would love to watch a DVD that chronicles his career and life and she is against it and may even try to deprive us of that and I think that's ridiculous...God I wish there was a way I could write a letter to her personally.

Bottom line is Martha needs to get over herself and move past the blame of WWE. I'm not saying that she needs to move past Owen's death but seriously this is getting tired.

Long live the King of Hart's and Rest in Peace Owen. 16 years later we still miss you and you are definitely not forgotten!

Any thoughts?

You sir...

are an asshole.

You understand absolutely nothing. You're the type of guy that's the reason Martha Hart didn't like her husbands business, and they type of guy who she would never care to placate with an Owen Hart DVD.

She lost the love of her life. Her children lost their father. All over a stupid, pointless stunt that her husband NEVER should have been allowed to do.

Did you know the entire purpose behind the stunt, and the lack of safety measures that resulted in his death, was so that "the Blue Blazer" could trip over his cape once he hit the ring? Yes, her husband died for a fucking pratfall... and you can't understand why she might just have a hard time letting that go?

I personally think she could work with all this a little more and get a lot of support for the Owen Hart Foundation, but I understand completely that she doesn't want to. I'd think that she works with them on a DVD release, and maybe more, with an understanding that a good percentage of the profits goes to the Foundation. She allows her husband to be honored, and some good comes of it beyond the company responsible for his death getting a little richer.

Like I said though, I get it if she doesn't want that, and don't hold it against her at all.

Yeah, I don't get why you're so upset when you can watch pretty much the majority of his work on the Network. The DVD set should be good though regardless, and it'll be interesting to learn more about Owen. I understand why Martha has held back on it though, and it's far from her being selfish as you put it.

Hey, it was her husband. Their kids grew up without a father. You can't blame her for still being mad. Time doesn't fix everything - it's been almost 20 years, Owen is still dead. This isn't wwe trying to preserve Owen's legacy, this is them trying to make money. Is the dvd going to end talking about how Owen died in a tragic accident or is it going to talk about how after Bret left, WWF decided to screw around with Owen and gave him the dumb Blue Blazer gimmick to use again? Are they going to tell that the payoff to that decent was supposed to be him stepping forward and tripping, falling flat on his face? That the whole thing was going to be one elaborate gag? If wwe wants to preserve his legacy, just put his matches out there so people can see them. This is simply about money - the current product isn't making the money they want but people will still pay to see that era and Owen is one of the only guys with name value what they haven't done a dvd for. Guarantee this will be one of thier highest sellers. Hell, Owen might beat Bret again and be their top seller ever. But it isn't about Owen, it is about them making money and I can't blame Martha for not liking it.

The fairly common belief is Owen Hart was only back in his Blue Blazer character as punishment. The punishment was because Owen refused a pitched angle where it would be revealed he was having an affair with Debra, who was with Jarrett at the time. Owen refused because it would make his family uncomfortable and as a husband/father, he didn't want to do that.

So because Owen had some morals, he was put back into the Blue Blazer character.

I always thought that maybe Owen could have suggested an alternative way to reach the same result.

It sounds like WWE wanted to do this angle because they wanted Owen Hart v Jeff Jarrett.

Why not change it up slightly, and instead of Owen defending Debra's honor because he is "in love with her", why not he propose to WWE instead that he defend Debra's honor because he is chivalrous, and, as a married man, he doesn't like to see any women being mistreated. Jarrett was playing a mysoginist, and would disagree with him, and they feud.

This way, Hart keeps his integrity, because he is fighting Jarrett because he doesn't like the way Jarrett treats women, rather than lusting after his woman.

Under this scenario, Owen gets what he wants (his integrity intact) and WWE still get their feud, albeit for slightly different reasons.

Sometimes, instead of saying "No", offer an alternative. Now, Vince may still have wanted the love angle anyway, but at least it would have been worth trying to find some middle ground somewhere.

You sir...

are an asshole.

You understand absolutely nothing. You're the type of guy that's the reason Martha Hart didn't like her husbands business, and they type of guy who she would never care to placate with an Owen Hart DVD.

She lost the love of her life. Her children lost their father. All over a stupid, pointless stunt that her husband NEVER should have been allowed to do.

Did you know the entire purpose behind the stunt, and the lack of safety measures that resulted in his death, was so that "the Blue Blazer" could trip over his cape once he hit the ring? Yes, her husband died for a fucking pratfall... and you can't understand why she might just have a hard time letting that go?

I personally think she could work with all this a little more and get a lot of support for the Owen Hart Foundation, but I understand completely that she doesn't want to. I'd think that she works with them on a DVD release, and maybe more, with an understanding that a good percentage of the profits goes to the Foundation. She allows her husband to be honored, and some good comes of it beyond the company responsible for his death getting a little richer.

Like I said though, I get it if she doesn't want that, and don't hold it against her at all.

Sting used a harness and descending from the ceiling numerous times. Shawn Michaels did it at WM12. Hell, there used to be scaffold matches back in the territory days. So, Owen using a harness wasn't a stupid stunt. Unnecessary, maybe, but did it bother you when Sting used to do it in WCW?

Martha didn't like her husband's job. But she liked the good things it bought. She ate the food Owen's wrestling paid for. She had a roof over her head because of wrestling. Don't enjoy the things your husband's paypacket buys, and then complain about how he earns it.

Also, I heard that it was actually Bret Hart who poisoned Martha against WWE. Bret, still whining about Montreal, used his then-hatred of WWE to make them seem like the bad guys in Owen's death. Bret was very critical at the time, and publicly blamed WWE for it. He was as bitter about it as she was. But needing money because of his divorce, and all the true tragedies he had in his life,( rather than some imagined one at SS '97) Bret made amends with WWE, but Martha didn't. Bret convinced her to hate WWE, and then couldn't change her mind back, when it suited him.

Sting used a harness and descending from the ceiling numerous times. Shawn Michaels did it at WM12. Hell, there used to be scaffold matches back in the territory days. So, Owen using a harness wasn't a stupid stunt. Unnecessary, maybe, but did it bother you when Sting used to do it in WCW?

Martha didn't like her husband's job. But she liked the good things it bought. She ate the food Owen's wrestling paid for. She had a roof over her head because of wrestling. Don't enjoy the things your husband's paypacket buys, and then complain about how he earns it.

Also, I heard that it was actually Bret Hart who poisoned Martha against WWE. Bret, still whining about Montreal, used his then-hatred of WWE to make them seem like the bad guys in Owen's death. Bret was very critical at the time, and publicly blamed WWE for it. He was as bitter about it as she was. But needing money because of his divorce, and all the true tragedies he had in his life,( rather than some imagined one at SS '97) Bret made amends with WWE, but Martha didn't. Bret convinced her to hate WWE, and then couldn't change her mind back, when it suited him.

You're missing something here.

Owen didn't use the same type of harness that you should use for a stunt like that, because the entire purpose behind it was for him to trip and fall after a spectacular entrance. He died for a pratfall. A fucking sight gag that Vince Russo thought would be funny. He couldn't do Russo's joke if he had to first get out of the harness, which is why he wasn't using one.

It was a stupid AND unnecessary stunt.

Also Bret didn't 'poison' Martha on the WWE or wrestling. She was never a fan of Owen being in that business, going back to before he even started in Stampede. She used to be a fan, and they met through the Stampede matches from what I understand... but I think it was after getting to see more of the reality of the business through his family that she was turned off by it. It was something she tolerated because it was the best way for Owen to make money.

Bret was extremely bitter back then (and had every right in the world to be... especially after Owen's death)... but he didn't need to poison Martha on anything even if he wanted to. The second Owen fell, that was already done.

No one had to 'make' the WWE seem like the 'bad guys' in Owen's death. They were the bad guys, even if they weren't criminally libel (civilly they were to something like $18 million, which probably would have been higher if it wasn't for one of Owen's sisters faxing the WWE the case files). One of their employees died on National TV doing a stunt he was never trained to do, without proper safety measures implemented. If you can't see the WWE was in the wrong for that... then I don't know what to say to you.

Finally scaffold matches? Dumbest concept for a wrestling match ever. Unnecessary. Dangerous. And bad. Try watching a few. Most guys who worked them were too scared to do anything once they got up there.

While mechanical malfunctions happen all the time, at any given time and in for any given business, that's not going to be of any comfort to loved ones. It's still WWE's fault no matter which way you slice it, it obviously wasn't intentional but it happened all the same and I can understand Martha Hart still harboring animosity.

At the same time, however, it's not at all surprising that she's taken this stance. According to Bret Hart, his siblings and some of his nieces & nephews, the woman's basically a highly confrontational bitch hardly anyone can get along with. The only one of the family that really gets along with her is Diana Hart Smith, widow of Davy Boy Smith, and they sort of began bonding after WWE's release of her son David years back. She's openly criticized any Hart Family member working for WWE or has any sort of relationship with the company. Not long after Bret Hart renewed his relationship with WWE, a Hart Family DVD compilation was produced by WWE and it contained footage of Owen, which Martha tried to put an end to by filing a lawsuit; it's almost as though she wants everyone to pretend or forget that Owen Hart never had anything whatsoever to do with WWE. Still, with all that being said, I can't say that she isn't justified in feeling bitter and angry; I also believe that she needs to stop being so self-righteous and judgmental towards other family members who work for WWE or have some sort of working relationship going on.

I think Owen Hart was an entertaining wrestler that was extremely well liked by everybody hat worked with him, I don't think I've ever heard any negative criticisms about him. He loved to play jokes on the other workers and if he ever genuinely rubbed anyone the wrong way with his pranks, he'd sincerely apologize for it and make amends. Fans still remember him fondly and even though he never truly got of Bret's shadow, at least not 100%, he had a good deal of success in his own right; MAYBE he'd have won the WWE Championship before it was all said and done, from March 1998 to December 2002, there were only 3 title runs to last 100 days or more so Owen getting a hot potato run with the title wouldn't have surprised me.

It's baffling why she constantly tries to block Owen from getting recognition for the effort he put forth over his career. The guy worked to become one of the greatest in the world, and was, as far as the in-ring aspect is concerned. His pay-per-view bouts with the likes of Bret, Shawn and Vader were some of the most enjoyable of the 1990s. His life's work should be celebrated, not buried in a vault to appease some bitter old hag who doesn't realise that people lose loved ones every single day. Get over it, love.

Honestly can't believe what I'm reading from some of you. She has every right to never want WWE to make a cent off Owen's name ever again and, to be honest, I'd feel the exact same way if I were her. WWE weren't at fault for his death but they did push him to go up to the rafters for the stunt against his wishes. She lost her husband and her kids lost their father. Their youngest was four years old when he died and probably doesn't even remember him.

These aren't things that go away, they're still living with Owen's death every single day of their lives and you wanting a DVD doesn't change that. Grow up and step in to the real world.

While mechanical malfunctions happen all the time, at any given time and in for any given business, that's not going to be of any comfort to loved ones. It's still WWE's fault no matter which way you slice it, it obviously wasn't intentional but it happened all the same and I can understand Martha Hart still harboring animosity.

At the same time, however, it's not at all surprising that she's taken this stance. According to Bret Hart, his siblings and some of his nieces & nephews, the woman's basically a highly confrontational bitch hardly anyone can get along with. The only one of the family that really gets along with her is Diana Hart Smith, widow of Davy Boy Smith, and they sort of began bonding after WWE's release of her son David years back. She's openly criticized any Hart Family member working for WWE or has any sort of relationship with the company. Not long after Bret Hart renewed his relationship with WWE, a Hart Family DVD compilation was produced by WWE and it contained footage of Owen, which Martha tried to put an end to by filing a lawsuit; it's almost as though she wants everyone to pretend or forget that Owen Hart never had anything whatsoever to do with WWE. Still, with all that being said, I can't say that she isn't justified in feeling bitter and angry; I also believe that she needs to stop being so self-righteous and judgmental towards other family members who work for WWE or have some sort of working relationship going on.

I think Owen Hart was an entertaining wrestler that was extremely well liked by everybody hat worked with him, I don't think I've ever heard any negative criticisms about him. He loved to play jokes on the other workers and if he ever genuinely rubbed anyone the wrong way with his pranks, he'd sincerely apologize for it and make amends. Fans still remember him fondly and even though he never truly got of Bret's shadow, at least not 100%, he had a good deal of success in his own right; MAYBE he'd have won the WWE Championship before it was all said and done, from March 1998 to December 2002, there were only 3 title runs to last 100 days or more so Owen getting a hot potato run with the title wouldn't have surprised me.

This is probably about right on balance. The tales of Martha being "difficult" were around long before Owen's death and Bret's book pretty much confirms that she tried to keep Owen "all to herself" since they got together even from the family. As the "baby" of the Hart Family, that was never gonna be popular. Diana... yeah, she's changed sides as many times as guys she's nailed, hell even Austin.

I take everyone's points that we're not allowed to really judge... but I do sumbit this. Prior to the accident, Martha Hart enjoyed a certain standard of life not possible for her without WWE FANS! Not WWE but the fans who paid to show up etc. That's not to say she owes the WWE anything, but a little acknowledgement from her that those same fans who got behind Owen, got him over and into a position he could have the "dream house" they were going to move into or be in a position to retire had he lived loved and lost him too.

A HOF nod would do that, even if it's a group one with Pillman, Davey, Jim and Bret... and get those other deserving cases into the HOF... she doesn't have to show up, I am sure they'd give her a mic if she wanted one within reason... a DVD and exploting financially his memory is different than allowing proper honoring of his legacy, that DOESN'T belong to Martha Hart... just as Bret's didn't for all those years. Actors don't own their legacies... Musicians don't, the studio/label do... look at The Beatles and how MJ ended up owning all the songs, even though McCartney bid more... WWE owns Owen's legacy cos they own the footage so ultimately WWE CAN induct Owen if they choose, but they have been respectful. There comes a point with everyone, as I am sure it did with Lanny Poffo, where had he said no...they'd have said "we're doing it anyway".

Martha's best course of action is to say "Ok..under these strict terms" and then be done with it.. no more would it be an issue. But it's wrong to exclude those fans who helped build her life with Owen, just as it was wrong for Lanny to exclude them for Randy... he saw that and said "Ok...for them..." You really telling me Owen's kids wouldn't benefit at all from seeing the respect their dad holds first hand?

Martha's best course of action is to say "Ok..under these strict terms" and then be done with it.. no more would it be an issue. But it's wrong to exclude those fans who helped build her life with Owen, just as it was wrong for Lanny to exclude them for Randy... he saw that and said "Ok...for them..." You really telling me Owen's kids wouldn't benefit at all from seeing the respect their dad holds first hand?

I agree with this. It's totally undestandable for Martha to have huge animosity for WWE because of the way Owen tragically passed, and I appreciate why she could feel that WWE have been trying to profit from Owen's legacy ever since then.

However, I do feel that a DVD celebrating the life, career and legacy of one of the most loved wrestlers of all time (both by his peers and fans) would be a perfect way for Owen to be remembered. Once the tribute was done, and the wel-deserved HOF induction done (either individually or as part of the Hart Foundation), which could even be done on Martha's terms, then she could finally move on without the constant arguing with WWE about Owen's legacy.

Let the fans and other wrestlers pay their respects to Owen via this DVD and Let him take his rightful place in the HOF, then let the guy rest in peace.

Yeah I can really see creative having this convo: "Vince, Owen refuses to do this affair angle...What shall we ever do?" Vince: "Let's kill him". You are a complete moron for even thinking that someone would purposely kill him because of that.

Your comments are apparently directed at Martha Hart using Slyfox as a proxy. You seem to assume that not approving of an upcoming DVD is part of a revenge plot on her part to make fans like you suffer the indignity of having to talk shit on the internet about a grieving widow.

You know, I used to peruse the 4chan forums way back in the day. They had the usual mix of freaks that you'd probably get along with splendidly. Just a recommendation given that freaks of a feather tend to flock together.

Imagine this: The WWE releases a DVD and gives ALL profits of that DVD to a charity of Martha Hart's choice. I don't know for sure that they haven't offered that, but it would certainly speak well of them and discount Martha's assumption that the WWE intends to profit from Owen's death.

Apparently; the WWE is releasing this DVD with the pure intention of honoring Owen's legacy, and they stand to make a hefty profit from our collective love of Owen. Money being a factor makes the effort seem a tad disingenuous.

Martha Hart lost a husband and a best friend to a stunt that was sanctioned by the WWE. Owen was supposed to be lowered to a safe height and dropped onto the ring to make him look stupid, it was an extremely stupid oversight on part of the WWE that the quick release engaged early. You'll never obtain the maturity required to actually care for another human being well enough to grieve their passing in a respectful manner, so please go to the rancid pasture of 4chan so you can fit right in.

I take everyone's points that we're not allowed to really judge... but I do sumbit this. Prior to the accident, Martha Hart enjoyed a certain standard of life not possible for her without WWE FANS! Not WWE but the fans who paid to show up etc. That's not to say she owes the WWE anything, but a little acknowledgement from her that those same fans who got behind Owen, got him over and into a position he could have the "dream house" they were going to move into or be in a position to retire had he lived loved and lost him too.

Picture this: Martha Hart is given a choice.

She can have her husband back, and all the luxuries of his pro-wrestling career are taken away. It will be as if he was a veterinarian for his whole life and they live as a family on a meager income, possibly ostracized from the greater Hart family for not following in the pro-wrestling tradition.

Or, she can keep the luxuries of what we fans have given her and remain a grieving widow who was married to a human being of Owen Hart's quality.

Once the tribute was done, and the wel-deserved HOF induction done

Let him take his rightful place in the HOF
I keep seeing this...why should Owen Hart be in any Hall of Fame? He was a career midcard wrestler who only sniffed the main-event because of his brother. He was below average on the stick and he's vastly overrated in the ring. He had no real memorable angles that didn't include his brother, he did nothing to change the business and by the time he passed, the business had basically passed him by.

Why does Owen have a "rightful" place in the HOF? Because he died? Because, without intending to be disrespectful, that's essentially Owen's sole claim to fame.

It was a tragedy what happened to Owen Hart. It's a shame anyone's life is cut short and certainly when that happens the person is trying to entertain. And I don't blame Martha one bit for not supporting any WWE (or any wrestling promotion) product. But Owen Hart was not a Hall of Fame wrestler. It's just that simple.

I keep seeing this...why should Owen Hart be in any Hall of Fame? He was a career midcard wrestler who only sniffed the main-event because of his brother. He was below average on the stick and he's vastly overrated in the ring. He had no real memorable angles that didn't include his brother, he did nothing to change the business and by the time he passed, the business had basically passed him by.

Why does Owen have a "rightful" place in the HOF? Because he died? Because, without intending to be disrespectful, that's essentially Owen's sole claim to fame.

It was a tragedy what happened to Owen Hart. It's a shame anyone's life is cut short and certainly when that happens the person is trying to entertain. And I don't blame Martha one bit for not supporting any WWE (or any wrestling promotion) product. But Owen Hart was not a Hall of Fame wrestler. It's just that simple.

You seem to have too high of an opinion of the WWE Hall of Fame. There is a decent number of fans that want him in and would celebrate it. Other fans would tune in just for the spectacle. Owen in the Hall actually breeds interest and makes money. His place on the card and "wrestling" ability mean next to nothing.

In the last two years they've enshrined a dead kid and Mr. T. They enshrined Alundra Blaze (can she even be considered a "mid carder"?). You're telling us Owen can't take a seat next to Ivan Putski and Hacksaw Jim Dugan?

That being said and to stay on topic, while I'm not sure Martha Hart has handled Owen's death and legacy in the best way for her or her family I stand by her wishes and I'm not going to pretend to understand her grief. In a way I admire her for sticking to her guns and telling Vince and his DVDs, Hall of Fame nod, and "good" will to fuck off. She owes them nothing, she owes me nothing, she definitely owes the OP nothing.

Diana... yeah, she's changed sides as many times as guys she's nailed, hell even Austin.

Was it really necessary to put that statement out there? You're almost saying that Diana Hart has no opinion because of what she did behind closed doors. That's just not the truth. And quite honestly, I'm sure no one cares.

When I buy a ticket to a WWE show or buy a T-shirt, the last thing I think about is how is the wrestler going to spend this money. What kind of life is he providing for his wife and family. Again, what they do with their pay is their own business. I don't think any of us should expect to get a letter of gratitude of any WWE wrestler or their families for helping to put food on the table, or a roof over their heads. They work and get paid just like any other job.

Picture this: Martha Hart is given a choice.

She can have her husband back, and all the luxuries of his pro-wrestling career are taken away. It will be as if he was a veterinarian for his whole life and they live as a family on a meager income, possibly ostracized from the greater Hart family for not following in the pro-wrestling tradition.

Or, she can keep the luxuries of what we fans have given her and remain a grieving widow who was married to a human being of Owen Hart's quality.

She doesnt have that choice... Harsh but true... She WAS married to a wrestler... She chose that... It went badly right when he was near retirement... But he was gonna be a firefighter... He could have died in his first "shout"... She knew she married a " risk taker" or he'd have been a teacher or vet... She married a high flyer, not the technician so a riskier style... Rightly or wrongly it was one risk to many and yes a needless one... She doesnt get go choose how her husband is remembered cos however much she may HATE it... We were all part of it... WWE was part of it... Part of her husband... Denying it is denying part of the man... That I'd say is as tragic as his death...

As for Diana... It is a statement intended to illustrate how dysfunctional the whole Hart clan have been at times... Davey was dating his sister in law when he died.. But they all look out for themselves first...

The OP is an idiot. Just trollbaiting 101 really. Demanding Martha to get over the tragic and unnecessary death of her husband. Real classy!

This is some context for those of you wrestling fans who forget or don't know of the atmosphere of wrestling in 1999. Wrestling business was booming and wrestlers were starting to feel like they had the power over their careers. Vince tried to phase Bret out as a behind the scenes guy like Sgt. Slaughter or Macho Man circa 1993. Bret wanted a wrestling career. Bret tried everything he could to stay with WWE. Vince, who had already lost all his best wrestlers to Bischoff, decided this time he wasn't going to sit back nicely and watch his entire company crumble by losing yet another of his biggest stars..and this one was younger and the company's biggest face other than Hogan. Triple H came up with the 'screwjob' idea and Bret was screwed and given the boot. This boosted business as everyone EVERYONE wanted to see revenge against Vince McMahon and Shawn Michaels. The entire Hart family hated WWE and Vince. Neidhart, Davey left as well as Rick Rude. There was a belief that WWE stars all wanted to walk out on the sinking ship. But Owen, the turd that couldn't be flushed as they called him after Bret's departure, stayed behind. He honoured his contract and stayed to make his money so he could retire when his contract was over. Owen would have been the logical wrestler to avenge his brother. But he was in a program with the mid card Triple H. It was logical for Owen to go over on Triple H and Owen would rise to main event status. But the less over Triple H went over for some reason (most likely because his brilliant screwjob suggestion turned around the company's fortunes). Owen was seemingly punished for his brother leaving. Bret was often interviewed the year after he left WWE and he always worried about how Vince would try to ruin Owen for revenge at losing his company's TOP STAR to WCW. WWE resembled a sinking ship in Deember 1997 and it honest to god looked like Wrestlemania 14 would be the last one. WWE had NOTHING and no one wanted to work for VInce. Company morale was horrible. Finally Austin was given the run to exact revenge for the fans on Vince. The storyline singlehandedly saved WWE and helped distract fans from the fact that WCW had the superior talent and superior storylines. All the stuff that came after Austin-McMahon was watered down or pre 1996 WCW recycled crap. Like Ron Simmons and Mick Foley and Stunning Steve and Terra Ryzing. The reaction to the revenge for Bret Hart was what won the Monday Night war. Without the heat generated from that characterless and classless doublecross, I don't believe anybody would have tuned in a year later to watch an out of shape Mick Foley beat a Rocky Maiva character for the title. Or to watch a HeadShrinker do stinkfaces, or a Voodoo doctor pimping hoes or Smoking Guns and Jeff Jarrett's roadie align with a guy who at one time couldn't beat Alex Wright to create a watered down version of the NWO.

Point to all this is that careers and millions perhaps billions of dollars were on the line as the business grew like crazy and wrestlers were gaining power over their masters. I don't believe for one minute that Vince and company wanted Owen's death. Only because they could have their asses sued and they'd lose so much money. But I don't believe Vince and company were honestly as upset as they should have been. There was flat out hatred on both sides of the McMahon - Hart families between 1997-2002. Triple H and Shawn and Vince were on TV for months after Bret's departure in character (at the dawn of the reality tv era) talking about what length they had to do to flush and erase the last remaining and annoying turd droplet remaining in the toilet bowl of WWE. 17 years later with all we know about Triple H ruining careers, hogging spotlight, holding 13 too many world titles, latching onto his bosses daughter, ditching and punching his ex, then lying about it when outed...being behind the 'screwjob'..I mean you can't put much past the guy. And of course Owen was the first guy of a list of about 2000 who stood in Triple H's way of moving up the ladder of suckcess. Vince would not resort to such evil but I wouldn't put anything past this Triple H ********er.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back