IMPACT Wrestling's "Open Fight Night" LD for 11.01.12 is LIVE!

The reveals coming also means we draw to a manageable distance to revealing the leader, since there's what, maybe four more masks (that matter) that need to come off in the process?

Overall tonight was very meh for me.

I agree with IDR, so many talents who not enough people care about should be placed on the same show together, especially a show that promotes the term "wrestling matters" on their website. There was very little wrestling tonight. It was mostly backstage brawls and talking. Sure they progressed a few angles, but there wasn't enough interest.

I'm actually very unsure over the entire Open Fight Night thing now. It doesn't seem to be catching on in the grand scheme of things, it worked for the first couple of weeks but its novelty faded really quickly. Tonight at least we got some good talking. The ending was pretty predictable too, we all knew Gallows was in Ace's and 8's, good for storyline progression though so benefit of the doubt goes to them.

At least good matches were made for Turning Point.

I think Gallows being a member of this faction is a good choice. A big body with at least some name recognition, not to mention that he's been speculated to be a part of the group for ages. Now, if he turns out to be the leader, that would be a disappointment. And revealing him at their biggest PPV of the year would have been a letdown for me as well.

Or they could have gotten someone who has actually accomplished something/that people might be interested in.

Easy to say, much harder to accomplish considering the state of wrestling right now.

Who has "accomplished something" (of note, I presume) that people would be interested in who is actually available?

Easy to say, much harder to accomplish considering the state of wrestling right now.

Who has "accomplished something" (of note, I presume) that people would be interested in who is actually available?

It doesn't have to be a free agent. Have it be someone on the roster.

I was asleep in and out of this show so I'll make sure and watch in thoroughly tomorrow but I caught the main event and I continue to hate this angle and wish it would die. Aside from that was there anything really good about this show?

It doesn't have to be a free agent. Have it be someone on the roster.

Again, who has "accomplished something" (of note) that people would be interested in who is actually available? Doug Williams? Crimson? There is no one on TNA's roster "who has accomplished something" that "people would be interested in" already who isn't already on television as it is.

Literally, the only name I can think of, and it's absurd to even mention, is Ric Flair.

Again, who has "accomplished something" (of note) that people would be interested in who is actually available? Doug Williams? Crimson? There is no one on TNA's roster "who has accomplished something" that "people would be interested in" already who isn't already on television as it is.

Literally, the only name I can think of, and it's absurd to even mention, is Ric Flair.

I don't think you're getting what I'm saying. I'd be fine with it being someone on TV already. I was hoping for Morgan, and given the story he's got going right now, it would have fit pretty well. Why he's with Ryan I'm not quite sure.

I don't think you're getting what I'm saying. I'd be fine with it being someone on TV already. I was hoping for Morgan, and given the story he's got going right now, it would have fit pretty well. Why he's with Ryan I'm not quite sure.

Well, that much we agree on, and I guess I see what you are getting at, but it seems a little silly to have someone already involved in another program elsewhere get revealed to be part of Aces & Eights to me.

Why? It's clear they had someone on the inside (even though that someone was gone from the company when he was the mole) so it wouldn't be a stretch to say there's someone else on the inside.

Seems I differed from the majority in that I am lukewarm on Matt Morgan and against that York guy. There is pretty much no upside in York. He was sloppy as fuck even to the point of being dangerous and he had some of the worst "ability" in transitioning between moves I have ever seen. On Morgan, I don't hate him, I just don't ever see him being a superstar unfortunately.

Seems I differed from the majority in that I am lukewarm on Matt Morgan and against that York guy. There is pretty much no upside in York. He was sloppy as fuck even to the point of being dangerous and he had some of the worst "ability" in transitioning between moves I have ever seen. On Morgan, I don't hate him, I just don't ever see him being a superstar unfortunately.

Perception is reality, homie. Morgan doesn't "look" like a super star because he hasn't been booked as a superstar. He has everything required to do so — more than a number of others who've somehow managed to make it despite lacking critical elements. Jeff Hardy comes to mind there, as does Christian Cage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back