IMPACT Wrestling's "Open Fight Night" LD for 11.01.12 is LIVE!

Perception is reality, homie. Morgan doesn't "look" like a super star because he hasn't been booked as a superstar. He has everything required to do so — more than a number of others who've somehow managed to make it despite lacking critical elements. Jeff Hardy comes to mind there, as does Christian Cage.

Morgan has had more chances than most get to show he can be a consistent main eventer. I am not sure he has ever sustained it for even a month. The only way he will ever get there is if he can play a character. What I saw this week led me to believe this will be like the many times before. Also, seems like the powers that be already know this and are just throwing Hogan a bone by pretending to give Morgan another chance. If they really were trying to make him a superstar he wouldn't the lackey for an X-division match. Also, the robe looks stupid. Hogan is the most interesting part of what they are doing with Morgan to me and I would categorize my interest in that as "some." If you really want to make Morgan a superstar he is going to need to be much more drastically repackaged.

Morgan has had more chances than most get to show he can be a consistent main eventer. I am not sure he has ever sustained it for even a month. The only way he will ever get there is if he can play a character. What I saw this week led me to believe this will be like the many times before. Also, seems like the powers that be already know this and are just throwing Hogan a bone by pretending to give Morgan another chance. If they really were trying to make him a superstar he wouldn't the lackey for an X-division match. Also, the robe looks stupid. Hogan is the most interesting part of what they are doing with Morgan to me and I would categorize my interest in that as "some." If you really want to make Morgan a superstar he is going to need to be much more drastically repackaged.

I won't deny that the Ryan pairing is pointless, but it's also relatively harmless to me, as he can sever ties with him at any point without much of an issue. Ryan needs Morgan more than Morgan needs Ryan. In fact, I'd say Ryan needs Morgan. Morgan doesn't actually need Ryan at all.

I also agree that they need to give him a bit more, but I think we got the first taste of that with the promo he cut on Thursday where he talked about eating his way through the roster and shitting everyone out. He started with RVD, which is probably a pretty good starting point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back