IMPACT Wrestling's "Open Fight Night" LD for 11.01.12 is LIVE!

I compliment TNA on letting veterans have a go in Gut Check. I loved Christian York and Joey Matthews in ECW, really solid tag team.

It's exactly what they should have been doing from the start. This business of giving fuckin' nobodies a shot at a contract is ridiculous. Not a single one has made the roster for a reason — they're not READY for television. Vets are. Give 'em a shot at redemption. Bring in older talents, or guys who sorta fell off the map.

New blood has to come in eventually, Mike Tenay is getting old and Taz... well... Taz is just Taz.

That's what JB is for. Toad was probably Garett Bischoff's cousin, or something. There's nothing about his voice or his personality thus far that's given me any reason to actually care about him. He sounds like a fan calling a match over the internet to his buddies.

It's exactly what they should have been doing from the start. This business of giving fuckin' nobodies a shot at a contract is ridiculous. Not a single one has made the roster for a reason — they're not READY for television. Vets are. Give 'em a shot at redemption. Bring in older talents, or guys who sorta fell off the map.

Agreed. Although, there are so many top indy talents unsigned to Ring of Honor or Dragon Gate USA contracts who'd be perfect for Gut Check and who'd create buzz. I could name ten right off the top of my head, barely nobody knew who Joey Ryan was going in but those who are familiar with indy wrestling knew he'd do well. They need to bring in guys like that.

That's what JB is for. Toad was probably Garett Bischoff's cousin, or something. There's nothing about his voice or his personality thus far that's given me any reason to actually care about him. He sounds like a fan calling a match over the internet to his buddies.

Well I'll put it this way, everybody has to start somewhere.

Actually yeah, Todd is worsening on me, didn't see his debut last week. He reminded me of Mike Tenay there, he should have sold that much more, if that was Jim Ross for example he'd of sold the finish like Magnus had stabbed a child.

Agreed. Although, there are so many top indy talents unsigned to Ring of Honor or Dragon Gate USA contracts who'd be perfect for Gut Check and who'd create buzz. I could name ten right off the top of my head, barely nobody knew who Joey Ryan was going in but those who are familiar with indy wrestling knew he'd do well. They need to bring in guys like that.

I'd still consider a few of those guys "vets", but what I'm basically getting at is that this type of thing should have been reserved for giving guys like Christian York a shot, not losers like Kris Louis, or whatever the hell his name was.

I'd even look to a lot of older WWE/WCW guys who fell off the map, who are looking for one last run.

Well I'll put it this way, everybody has to start somewhere.

And he should get his start somewhere — like in a high school gym.

Actually yeah, Todd is worsening on me, didn't see his debut last week. He reminded me of Mike Tenay there, he should have sold that much more, if that was Jim Ross for example he'd of sold the finish like Magnus had stabbed a child.

There isn't a single announcer in TNA right now who can actually sell major events very well. Mike Tenay is the closest, and when Mike Tenay is the closest, you are WAY off the mark IMO.

TNA needs personality in the booth. I say get Steiner on the phone and make amends. Bury the hatchet and bring Big Poppa Pump back!

Regardless, I would really like for TNA to start moving away from Tenay. tenay seems to find a way to take the wrong approach to a moment.

Todd sounds like an ROH announcer

Gonna ignore that statement. Kevin Kelly has been doing much better than he used to back in WWE and Nigel McGuinness has received rave reviews on his color commentary. He does remind me of former ROH commentator Bobby Cruise though, must admit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back