• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IMPACT Wrestling LD for 06.07.12

Only one I remember briefly was the lesbien thing with Trish Stratus, but I wasn't really watching WWE then either, so I'm pretty excited to see how she handles it.

i could easily be wrong sense i didnt know about tna at the time but during her first tna run she was in the flock with cm punk,raven and another guy i couldnt name to save my life and i belive that group was heel.

i could easily be wrong sense i didnt know about tna at the time but during her first tna run she was in the flock with cm punk,raven and another guy i couldnt name to save my life and i belive that group was heel.

Yeah, as Alexis Laree. Problem is, the Gathering didn't last too long.

Brooke Hogan is talking; what better a time to mute the show and write a response.

I know you will and I expected a poignant response. I hope you will at the very least take my response into consideration when doing so.

Not that much. My original assertion was simply that you were talking rubbish when you tried to claim

PPV is the biggest cash cow for a wrestling company. Until that changes, PPV should and will be the focus for smart wrestling companies.

and talking complete bullshit when you went on to claim that WWE's numbers validated your claim. I've pretty much already proven myself right on that front.

If more money is to be made from TV, why do PPVs? Why not do TV specials if you still want weekend shows? Something isn't adding up to me if TV is so much better.

Whether it adds up to you is pretty irrelevant; the numbers don't lie. http://corporate.wwe.com/documents/PressReleaseQ3201111.03.11FINAL_13_clean_001.pdf

As for the reason as to why the WWE do PPV's (which is completely off topic since this was a discussion about TNA), they make money from it. Considerable less than they do from their TV, but presumably more than they would make if they didn't run anything. If the dirtsheets are to be believed the onus has been of TV ratings over PPV buys for quite some time though.

As for why TNA do PPV's they don't have a very good reason. No significant income is made, they basically just run them for the sake of it. They make pretty much all of their money from TV and sponsorship deals

I will say this though. There are 4 times as many television shows to profit from in a quarter (an average of 4 shows per PPV). Thus, they should be making more than 4 times more than PPV revenue to be considered more profitable right? Let's look at the quarter numbers you just put up: 16 million for PPV and 34 million for TV. There are 3 PPVs per quarter (there were 2 in Q1 I believe as Mania was in Q2 but if I'm wrong correct me) and in that time there are apporximately 24 TV shows. That's 12 times the amount of shows to make just over double the amount of money. Per capita, I'd say PPV makes significantly more money for a company, but what do I know?

Nice effort at moving the goalposts to make yourself not full of shit.

Even so, doesn't matter at all. PPV's are a significant portion of WWE's income; but you weren't talking about WWE, you were talking about TNA. In an entire year TNA generate about as many buys as WWE does from Money in the Bank; and that#'s before production costs are taken into account.

Considering we know that TNA is turning a profit, and we know how much they pay some of their talent, and we know they've been prioritised TV for years, and Dixie recently stood up and said she'd like to see half the number of PPVs... it seems completely laughable call PPV's the companies biggest cash cow.

My money is on Mickie James winning the title and then turning heel because g-d forbid this company ever have a babyface hold a title for any length of time.

In this case, it might work since Mickie by default has to be better than Gail who is terrible, but it's just something that grinds on me about TNA. For their main titles, they haven't been willing to have a babyface on top for any length of time. The only exception is Sting and that was over a year ago now and that's not exactly someone you need to be putting over for a long reign.

Oh yeah; Neo-Abyss still annoys the fuck out of me.

In other news; what the fuck happened to Winter?

I'm rooting for James, Tara or Tessmacher. Basically anyone not named Velvet Sky. Not even that I dislike her, I just like the other three more.

Brooke Hogan is talking; what better a time to mute the show and write a response.

Not that much. My original assertion was simply that you were talking rubbish when you tried to claim

and talking complete bullshit when you went on to claim that WWE's numbers validated your claim. I've pretty much already proven myself right on that front.

Whether it adds up to you is pretty irrelevant; the numbers don't lie. http://corporate.wwe.com/documents/PressReleaseQ3201111.03.11FINAL_13_clean_001.pdf

As for the reason as to why the WWE do PPV's (which is completely off topic since this was a discussion about TNA), they make money from it. Considerable less than they do from their TV, but presumably more than they would make if they didn't run anything. If the dirtsheets are to be believed the onus has been of TV ratings over PPV buys for quite some time though.

As for why TNA do PPV's they don't have a very good reason. No significant income is made, they basically just run them for the sake of it. They make pretty much all of their money from TV and sponsorship deals

Nice effort at moving the goalposts to make yourself not full of shit.

Even so, doesn't matter at all. PPV's are a significant portion of WWE's income; but you weren't talking about WWE, you were talking about TNA. In an entire year TNA generate about as many buys as WWE does from Money in the Bank; and that#'s before production costs are taken into account.

Considering we know that TNA is turning a profit, and we know how much they pay some of their talent, and we know they've been prioritised TV for years, and Dixie recently stood up and said she'd like to see half the number of PPVs... it seems completely laughable call PPV's the companies biggest cash cow.

For TNA that's much more true than for WWE. I stand by my argument that per show, WWE PPVs are the highest grossing of any wrestling show. TNA's PPV's don't gross and there's 2 ways to fix that I believe:

1) Hold them outside the Impact Zone - I've always said this is smarter than trying to get out of the IZ every week. This makes PPVs feel special and gives people a reason to tune in and show up. If a TNA PPV was in your area, you might show up. That's not usually the case so it's not an option.

2) Make things happen on PPV. The trend for TNA PPVs is to hold status quo. The bigger stuff happens on TV and I understand they have prioritized that in their business model but I'm arguing that if they actually prioritized PPVs, it would help them financially. They could sell tickets live and hopefully increase their buys if they showed that their PPVs matter. Take this show. We're talking about the 10th anniversary of TNA PPV which should be a huge deal and we're getting matches booked a week before the show. It's clear to me that PPV isn't the priority if that's the case.

Now, if you want to argue that the better business model is to not do PPVs whatsoever, I can accept it but I don't really agree. As I said, a well run PPV per capita will make you a ton of money in one night. If you feel that costs are high to run it and you can make more from TV, stick to that. I'm not sure it'll work but go with it.

I met Brooke this past weekend. Even prettier in person, body is fantastic, and she is an absolute sweetheart. I may root for her solely because of that encounter.

On second thought, I don't care which Knockout becomes number one contender, whoever takes the belt from Gail Kim will satisfy me.

I met Brooke this past weekend. Even prettier in person, body is fantastic, and she is an absolute sweetheart. I may root for her solely because of that encounter.

I really think TNA's got something special with her. Great look, really nice charisma and not too shabby in the ring. She may not be the best technical performer or anything like that, but there's no reason she can't be one of their better baby faces for a while.

The "Don't Mess With Tess" thing is clever, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back