I'm stepping down as mod

Without knowing why, should Polley be in Prison?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
While I'm not particularly outraged by it, you did catch me out, although I wasn't here during the main event of the argument. I appreciate that riling people up is funny, but I don't think the humour is as good online, where people can say "I was being sarcastic".

That being said, my point still sticks. People thought this was real. They would have thought Sly's insults to KB were real, and they could have been offended by them. If I made racist comments to someone black, but had cleared it up with them first, I'd still be making racist comments that people could find offensive.

Good point Tastycles! It;s like when I said I don't care about gay jokes and what not because it doesn't phase me, but then Norcal told me just because it doesn't insult me, doesn't mean it doesn't insult someone else.

But I'm not complaining :)

Glad i took this as a work.

See? THIS is how someone normal takes this. It was a work and while some people didn't get that, those who did went along with it. If you fell for it, laugh it off. Although, Tastycles does bring up some valid points.

I agree about what tastycle said. It was fun, I laughed and am going to laugh at Hammy when she comes on for thinking it was "serious". But when Sly makes homophobic jokes, new posters see that and think it's ok. They can't see that he ok'd it with KB first or what not. And they didn't know this was a work. But it really doesn't bother me, just brings up a point :)

Are we incapable of doing stuff like this without it being a work. I don't really mind getting caught, but after a couple of these I'd rather just go on thinking it's real because it's less of a let down.

I agree about what tastycle said. It was fun, I laughed and am going to laugh at Hammy when she comes on for thinking it was "serious". But when Sly makes homophobic jokes, new posters see that and think it's ok. They can't see that he ok'd it with KB first or what not. And they didn't know this was a work. But it really doesn't bother me, just brings up a point :)
We had planned all along to make sure everyone knew it was only a joke whenever we finished it.

So, those new posters most certainly could know it was a joke. We decided that very early on.

Are we incapable of doing stuff like this without it being a work. I don't really mind getting caught, but after a couple of these I'd rather just go on thinking it's real because it's less of a let down.

Well we really don't want the real arguments spilling out into the regular forums. Real fights and real anger between us isn't something that you guys need to see.

We had planned all along to make sure everyone knew it was only a joke whenever we finished it.

So, those new posters most certainly could know it was a joke. We decided that very early on.

So as long as Tm for example asks me before hand, he can call a ******(and I know you didn't say that or anything)he won't get in trouble as long as at the end, he announces it was a joke and I was ok?

So as long as Tm for example asks me before hand, he can call a ******(and I know you didn't say that or anything)he won't get in trouble as long as at the end, he announces it was a joke and I was ok?
I, personally, wouldn't have a problem with it.

It's over? Crap.

For the record...Sly and I do really fight about everything...but I guess polar opposites can even come together for the sake of a swerve.

M_F I can't believe you said ******...bant for being a homophobe :p

Was Lee in on it too?
No, we just don't like him. ;)

Yes, he was having fun with it as well.

There were several things that I thought people would see through. First of all, the "poll" I made and kept referring to. That should have been dead giveaway. Also, for the first half of the thread, I even had a green rep from Lee saying that I was a good guy and he thought the first post I made in here was funny...while he "disagreed" with it in the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back