• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hulk Hogan comments on Edge's retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always hated Hogan because he was and is the biggest gloryhog EVER in the world of professional wrestling. Everything has to be about him and revolve around him. I call him the Brett Favre of pro wrestling (off field/media/etc). His comments about Egde were totally inappropriate; Hogan is and uber douche. Lets just call him Massengil!. Edge has gotten to a place where I honestly thought he wouldn't go; I didnt see him as an 11x time world champ but he made it and did the best he could do. Did I forget that he actually "wrestled" and wasn't handed world titles? Hogan is a bitch and a fraud; Macho Man will say the same thing. Hogan was great entity but he needs to shut up and continue ruining the lives and talents of the TNA roster like the "has been" that he is. The only thing good Hogan ever did was cum in Linda and produce Brooke; love her TITS!!!!!!!

The problem with Twiiter and other instamessage services is that they are too open to moments of stupidity.

This was probably a flippant comment from an old man, nothing more, nothing less.

The irony is that Hogan has pretty much wrecked his ability to live a normal life in his old age by not paying attention to medical advice. The question 'how's your back Hogan?' comes to mind.

The tragedy is that Edge is a huge Hogan fan and going through what must be an incredibly tough time. I hope when he read what Hogan had to say that he didn;t take it to heart.

Edge will remain a wrestling legend for life now. Hogan however will continue to tarnish his detereorating reputation.

Very disappointing comments by The Hulkster.

I now see him going the same way as Superstar Billy Graham; two steroid-crippled old men who have made a mess of their personal and public lives and are desperate to stay in the public eye.

Every wrestler today should take a long, hard look at Adam "Edge" Copeland - a man who was well liked by his peers and dressing room colleagues, had very little controversy and had the common sense to quit when the Doctors told him so.

I really don't quite believe other wrestlers such as Tom "Dynamite Kid" Billington, Hogan or Superstar Graham who have all said at one time or another that they "wouldn't have had it any other way" - life is a long time to spend every day in pain or wondering when the next surgery is going to be.

Hogan, you changed wrestling as we know it today and we are all grateful for that no question but you should acknowledge and appreciate the fact that someone has had the common sense to quit while the going is good and you, if anything, should be pleading with him to visit every wrestling school in the country to teach young athletes not to make the same mistakes that you did.

i'm not an Edge mark by any means, but this is totally idiotic, stupid, tasteless, and every other synonym you can find.

Edge walked away because he doesn't want to end up like Hogan, plain and simple. give the fact Edge has a NECK problem and Hogan has a back problem, just the more idiotic. Hogan worked hurt, but his matches weren't as painful. the guy couldn't even sell a CHOKESLAM! Edge worked Hardcore, TLC matches and other of the kind. he worked through an era (The Attitude Era) where bumps were mandatory every week and harder bumps during PPV's.

correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't Mr. Wonderful retire after a neck injury in WCW? (since Hogan mentioned him in the tweet)

stupidity by Hogan and he continues to flush his legacy down the toilet

Well of course Hogan is going to make comments like this. The man is well past his time and he doesn't know when to quit. And I'm not talking about a 'never give up' attitude, I mean like a 'shut the fuck up and get off the stage' response.

Clearly he doesn't understand the possible outcomes of what may happen to Edge if he continues wrestling. Never liked the guy, obviously never will, so it's pretty clear he's going to gain a LOT of heat from the idiotic move.

And as someone stated, he better not blame it on a god damn Twitter hacker.

-

I will always love Hulk Hogan the 80's character. But Terry Bollea the man should go drop dead.

What a fall from grace. One of the most beloved icons has become in the last few years, what comes out of my ass after being subjected to my wife's cooking.

Adam Copeland, an ICON in his own right, gave everything he had only to fall prey to a potentially paralyzing injury. He was loved, he was hated, and as he said; he grew up in front of us. I always liked Adam Copeland the human being. The character Edge was OK in my opinion, but he flipped too many times for me (face / heel).

But Terry Bollea should just shut the fuck up. Go bash that other loser Scott Hall who has become a useless fuck in his own right; one of your "boys" Terry! Maybe you can share a bullet together.

You know who I blame......Lela Ali! Why did you have to make that call when he allegedly had the gun in his hand?

HULKAMANIA will never die, but the world would be a better place without Terry Bollea, his ugly untalented **** daughter, fat ugly ass x-wife, his even uglier new girlfriend, and prick son who should be in jail for the rest of his life!

Fuck em all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the respect i had for Hogan (which wasn't much anyway!) has officially gone! What a complete douchebag! Hogan says that poeple like him, Flair and Hardy would have been done 15 years ago! Good! Because right now, everybody is sick and tired of Flair and Hogan getting back in the ring! Flair looks like a wrinkled old mess in the ring now, and Hogan is just pure shit in the ring! And as for Hardy, i have my fingers crossed he retires, maybe then main events of TNA PPV's will last longer than 2 minutes! Edge retired in the perfect way, as a champion and with all the respect he needs! Gonna miss you Edge!

Hogan shouldn't have wrote that plain and simple, the reasons why are irrelevent in my opinion its just a tastleless thing to say.

Even if Edge COULD still wrestle I applaud him for ultimately doing what's best for him and retiring, he chose his future and overall well being over what he loved to do, I'm sure that was unbelievably difficult for the guy. Why Hogan has to hate on Edge because he's not a wrestling prostitute is beyond me, the guy had spinal fusion surgery give him a break, anyone knows if it happens twice you are screwed for life, why should he risk his ability to walk.

Edge has worked his tail off for a long, long time and he doesn't owe the business or the fans anything, he needs to do whats best for him and frankly I don't even know where Hogan comes off thinking otherwise. All I know is that his comments came off as a personal shot (even if it was a little indirect) and only a piece of garbage would make such a comment to ANY wrestler let alone Edge.

Damn you fools act like he said something about Edge's mother. He made a mistake only cause you guys read it. I"m sure there are plenty of people that feel the same way. Truth is back in the day that was how it was. Speak from what you know, not what you hear...Isn't that the old saying. Relax it's just wrestling...Kurt is still doing it.

Hulk Hogan was my Idol back in the day I looked up to him like many of you but in recent years he has become a worthless piece of shit, Like I said last night I am not a fan of Edge never have been but I respect him for what he did for the WWF/E but after reading what Hulk Hogan said about Edge I have lost ALL respect for Hulk Hogan the '' Wrestler '' and Terry Bollea the man. Edge deserves respect he just retired not on his own terms but Hogan can sit there and talk down about someone who looked up to you Hogan do us all a favor in the words of Chris Jericho Would You Please Shut The Hell Up.

I thought Hogan could stoop no lower. Edge doesn't want to piss on his legacy like you did, you orange prick. He doesn't want to end up like the Dynamite Kid and he shouldn't have to. Fuck off.

TBH Hogan has become a horror story for wrestlers, don't look after your money and you will become Hogan. Or have a kid who is an absolute idiot and a wife you will take most of your money.

Woah there people. a poster said before why is Hardy in the list? Well you have to remember that both Hardys and both the former Dudley Boys and Christian took the same bumps that Edge did. From his standpoint, he sees it as how come Edge is the only one of those guys that is retiring? Anyways like i said earlier, i think hogan thought it was a work at the time because until i saw most of the raw locker room (heels and faces) saying goodbye to Edge i was thinking the same thing.

Hogan's a real motherfucker for doing this. When Edge said he was on borrowed time just take a look at the Swanton he took from Jeff that didn't break the ladder. Even Matt looked over and asked Adam was he ok. Everyone watching knew about the broken neck. Maybe Hogan's jealous that Edge has more Wrestlemania moments than he does. But folks this is what TNA is about we can't beat you straight up so we make fucked up comments about anything WWE. in hind sight it shouldn't have been Foley Edge speared through the flaming tables, it should have been Hogan.

Exactly, I just can't understand why more than half of the ppl who posted in this thread is bashing the Hulkster. What Hogan said about Flair and the others is true. Him talking about Edge's working environment was a shot at WWE not really Edge. Like a previous poster said, I think it's just a way to further bash Hogan/TNA. No offense but guys Hogan a piece of shit etc, sounds bitter and pathetic.

Anyways I wish Adam Copeland all the best, thanks for the memories..

if any of the guys like me,Flair,Hardy,Andre,AA,Blanchard,orndoff,Henning would have listened to doctors we would have quit15yrsago

I feel this is absolutely true, and probably applies to Edge as well. This isn't the first time Edge has been hurt and I'm sure it's not the first time a doctor has told Edge that "another shot to your [insert body part here] could cause [insert horrific outcome here]." Edge was in the business for quite a long while. Knowing when to quit (even if it's only for a period of time) is the smartest decision any pro-wrestler can make.

but I don't know Edges working environment because they are a media company not a wrestling company. HH wrestlers work hurt!"

This is more a shot at WWE than it is at Edge personally. It's just Hogan stirring the pot and trying to turn a WWE negative into a TNA positive. WWE is a media company... TNA is a wrestling company... that sort of thing. This could also be Hogan "playing heel" in light of the whole concussion/wrestler safety issue floating about. A "back in my day..." type stance if you will.

I don't think that Hogan has any personal ill-will towards Edge. The whole thing is spin.

Damn you fools act like he said something about Edge's mother. He made a mistake only cause you guys read it. I"m sure there are plenty of people that feel the same way. Truth is back in the day that was how it was. Speak from what you know, not what you hear...Isn't that the old saying. Relax it's just wrestling...Kurt is still doing it.

it's not the same thing. Hogan never took bumps like Edge did, hell Angle never did either. Hogan probably doesn't even know the circumstances i'm sure and just decided to talk on a public forum where he has thousands of followers.

give that Edge wrestled Mania with the chance of being crippled says a lot about how he wanted to go out on top. that's like Hogan saying to Sandman or Sabu "hey, just suck it up". i know that's not a really relevant example by itself, but Hogan never took bumps.

he uses Foley as an example, yeah the same Mick Foley who took time off between matches after 2000 or so? because he couldn't take bumps anymore. the same Mr. Wonderful who retired after a neck injury, he uses that as an example? the most Hogan did in the ring besides no sell big spots is take chair shots and have a seizure after a Tombstone "on a chair".

he's the last one who should be talking about retiring and injuries. he no sold moves, didn't take big bumps like Edge did, and he's basically crippled/limping to the ring to cut a promo. Edge, who has a much serious injury at an earlier age, doesn't want to end up like Hogan because it'd be worse off for him in the long run.

you seriously can't defend his trash comments and he even uses Stone Cold Steve Austin in later tweets as an example. he got his neck injury in 1997 or so and only lasted 6 more years.

EDGE LASTED 8 YEARS! if anything he lasted more than Austin!

the guy needs to just be quiet. sell his horrible product (that's horrible because of him) and stop tarnishing his legacy.

Ive been reading these forums for nearly 2 years now. But this is the first time ive ever felt compelled to join and post until now. Edge carried Hulk Hogan thru a tag title run. Edge has said that Hogan was the one who inspired him to wrestle and for Hogan to say sumthing like that is disgusting. Hogan should have been the one to retire 20 years ago never mind 15. I never thought he could sink any lower but Hogan can just rot in hell for this

I have to say I have utterly enjoyed these comments & opinions on Hogan. I have had this view of him for years & it's great that everyone is catching on to what a piece of crap he really is... There isn't much to add other than F YOU Hogan.

Here's the thing.

Edge has already contemplated retirement already. It was his decision.

The way I see it, Hogan's a bitch. He could of simply said something like "Edge was forced out", instead of saying what he said. Hogan was being an ass, then tried to cover his tracks with the later tweets. People give Hogan too much credit.

Now, Hogan may respect Edge, and is probably angry at Edge for retiring so early. But Hogan needs to understand that not everyone wants to be like Paul Orndorff with atrophy.

Bottomline, I don't doubt that Hogan likes Edge, but Hogan never thinks before he opens his mouth (or in this case, tweets).

Total lack of class from an egomaniac...somehow it does not even surprise me from him. And it supposed to be badass to go against doctors` advice? Cause that sound seriously stupid to me.
Besides in my books, edge is miles ahead as a performer..miles ahead.

I honestly can't believe Hogan said that! Even if he put him over in other tweets, it's still ridiculous that he would say it in the first place. Edge doesn't want to end up in a wheel chair going through a bunch of surgeries. He walked away so that he can live the rest of his life walking and not in as much pain as he would if he kept wrestling. I think he did the smart thing. Hogan is just pissed because he can't get out. Edge doesn't wanna end up a cripple like Hogan is going to be.

As for his comments about Flair, him, and other people working hurt, and not listening to doctors, look where they are now. Old, nearly crippled, and making little pay where they are wrestling now. Edge saved his money because he's a smart guy. And he retired because he wants to have an actual future. Hogan should be applauding the man instead of pointing out what other, old, bitter, broke, crippled did in the past. Truly sad and stupid.

I like how Hogan backtracked on his comments by saying he all of a sudden respects Edge. I'm guessing he did this due to all the negative comments he was getting. At least he didn't pull a Kurt Angle and claim his Twitter account got hacked.

In all seriousness, good for Edge for making the decision to retire now. As much as I wanted to see an Edge/Christian feud in the grand scheme of things this was the right thing for him to do. It would've been sad if he permanently injured himself in his ladder match at Extreme Rules which I think would've been highly likely.

What a classless piece of shit. Hogan's ego is incredible. Real nice mentioning Andre and Henning in that list, R.I.P.

Usually twitter comments don't bother me but this got under my skin. Even if it was regarding someone I don't like, I'd still be offended and pissed off about this. Someone puts their body and soul before wrestling only to be knocked down by a fellow superstar? pathetic.

Hogan is a broken down piece of crap.

I wish those guys Hogan mentioned would step back so they don't hurt themselves further. Guys like the Undertaker should retire because they're doing more harm than good. They don't need to be in wrestling anymore because they've done it all. They do it because they love it but they need to realize they're doing more harm than good.

I'm sad Edge is leaving but he's doing it because he needs too, not because he wants too. Edge is smart to listen to his doctor and step away from the ring.

FUCK YOU HOGAN

Hulk Hogan used to be the man. He forgets he held the tag titles with edge. If u go back and watch it edges face is priceless. He won the tag titles with his hero and this is how his hero talks about him. Hogan already tweeted an apology type tweet. Ive been tweeting sum "nice" messages to him. The crowd reaction and standing ovation that edge received was well deserved and hogan needs to stop being a dick

it's not the same thing. Hogan never took bumps like Edge did, hell Angle never did either. Hogan probably doesn't even know the circumstances i'm sure and just decided to talk on a public forum where he has thousands of followers.

give that Edge wrestled Mania with the chance of being crippled says a lot about how he wanted to go out on top. that's like Hogan saying to Sandman or Sabu "hey, just suck it up". i know that's not a really relevant example by itself, but Hogan never took bumps.

he uses Foley as an example, yeah the same Mick Foley who took time off between matches after 2000 or so? because he couldn't take bumps anymore. the same Mr. Wonderful who retired after a neck injury, he uses that as an example? the most Hogan did in the ring besides no sell big spots is take chair shots and have a seizure after a Tombstone "on a chair".

he's the last one who should be talking about retiring and injuries. he no sold moves, didn't take big bumps like Edge did, and he's basically crippled/limping to the ring to cut a promo. Edge, who has a much serious injury at an earlier age, doesn't want to end up like Hogan because it'd be worse off for him in the long run.

you seriously can't defend his trash comments and he even uses Stone Cold Steve Austin in later tweets as an example. he got his neck injury in 1997 or so and only lasted 6 more years.

EDGE LASTED 8 YEARS! if anything he lasted more than Austin!

the guy needs to just be quiet. sell his horrible product (that's horrible because of him) and stop tarnishing his legacy.

Damn dude...I stop reading your post as soon as it began...How can you say any wrestler takes bumps that another? Remember they are taught to protect themselves and others in the match...also, 350 days a year on the road. Come on dude. They all did ladder matches. Edge is hurt yes, but don't discredit another with no credible statements

Hulk Hogan is spouting complete nonsense! Ok, yeah i just hurt my neck that is probably one impact away from making me paralyzed from the neck down, i am going to go wrestle. The guy does not know what he is talking about, i hope stone cold sees this, he would beat the crap out of him and show him a neck injury and tell him to keep working.:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back