Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Announced for 11/2!

I liked the first Uncharted, haven't played the second. I'm waiting for the third Uncharted to come out, so I can pick up the second one at a reduced price.

Skyrim will be on PS3.

No.

Shatter is one you might like. It's short but it's damn good. It's a play on Bricks, with really neat visuals and great gameplay. Not terribly challenging unless you want to pursue optional challenges. It won't last for much more than a few hours here and there but it's cheap.

So, out of curiosity - if your PC is good enough to play Skyrim, why not? You get the same game, but access to the inevitable mods, so more bang for your buck. And even if you don't want to mod for content, the mod community will patch out all the bugs that creep up in Bethesda games that they never really fix, if nothing else.

Shatter is one you might like. It's short but it's damn good. It's a play on Bricks, with really neat visuals and great gameplay. Not terribly challenging unless you want to pursue optional challenges. It won't last for much more than a few hours here and there but it's cheap.

So, out of curiosity - if your PC is good enough to play Skyrim, why not? You get the same game, but access to the inevitable mods, so more bang for your buck. And even if you don't want to mod for content, the mod community will patch out all the bugs that creep up in Bethesda games that they never really fix, if nothing else.
Because it is so much more enjoyable for me to lay on my couch and play a video game than sit in a computer chair. Plus, I like the feel of game controllers more than a mouse and keyboard for my video games. Oh, and I have 60" TV with an expensive surround sound system, compared to a 25" computer monitor and two Bose speakers.

I know the PC version is better...just not as enjoyable for me.

Because it is so much more enjoyable for me to lay on my couch and play a video game than sit in a computer chair. Plus, I like the feel of game controllers more than a mouse and keyboard for my video games. Oh, and I have 60" TV with an expensive surround sound system, compared to a 25" computer monitor and two Bose speakers.

I know the PC version is better...just not as enjoyable for me.

Ah, gotcha, makes sense. I think I actually agree with you there, as far as preferring the basic elements of play on the console, but the content and modding and better graphics outweigh it on my end. But hey, different strokes.

[youtube]eyqwEhESGPM[/youtube]
Yeah, brain fart by me. I was confusing Little League Baseball for NES with a different game. I was thinking about Extra Innings for SNES, which was another SNES baseball game that was built off of a similar play-style as RBI Baseball (with kid-like ballplayers). Little League Baseball never came out for SNES.

I read reviews and very few of them gave high praise, if I remember.
For NBA Jam?

From Wikipedia, the only site I could think of that had different sites reviews of it:

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Jam_%282010_video_game%29#Reception" said:
Wikipedia[/URL]]The Wii version of the game has received positive reviews. IGN gave the game an 8.5 score and an Editor's Choice award, calling it "an incredibly fun pick-up-and-play game with an insane competitive edge."[20] GamesRadar gave the game 9/10, calling it "virtually perfect", save for the lack of online play.[21] 1UP.com gave it an A- rank, saying it "heralds a bold new era in arcade-style sports games."[22] Game Informer gave the game a score of 8.25, saying its only major flaw is its lack of online multiplayer.[23] GameTrailers gave the game a score of 7.5, saying the lack of online play hurts its value as a retail product.[24] Nintendo Power gave it a 9.0.

The only difference between the Wii and X360/PS3 version is XBox/PS3 have online, and no motion control.

Here's Game Rankings.coms critic rating for PS3 On Fire Edition, which has the ratings from multiple different sources. It's an 8.3. For 15 bucks you get NBA Jam with 2011 rosters. And oh yeah, On Fire edition has Sad Pandas, Zombies, and Ninjas in addition to legit NBA rosters and legends.

NBA Jam Wii was a great game. The 360/PS3 games only problems were the graphics (they ported the Wii version). On Fire fixes all those problems. And it's only 15 bucks.

Arch Rivals was great. It was the game where you went around punching people, tried not to trip over things on the court, etc.
Yeah, I remember it now. Twas fun.

Never played Hitz. Rock the Rink was great though. The commentary on that game was some of the best ever. The one-liners were hilarious.

[youtube]9gO7GbwszDU[/youtube]
Start about 1:25. They also had real NHL teams too, in addition to the fake ones you see.

Hitz was basically NBA Jam with Goalies. To be honest, I don't remember it as much. I do, however, LOVE the old Wayne Gretzky 3D Hockey games for N64.

Well, then it's going to have to wait a while, as I'll be tapped out by then.

Yeah, that's understandable. For me, Zelda is #1, with WWE being a close #2, and no real #3 I can think of.

By the way, did you love NBA 2K11 last year? They improved on it this year.

Yeah, brain fart by me. I was confusing Little League Baseball for NES with a different game. I was thinking about Extra Innings for SNES, which was another SNES baseball game that was built off of a similar play-style as RBI Baseball (with kid-like ballplayers). Little League Baseball never came out for SNES.
I was surprised when you said that. Little League Baseball is amazing, and like I said, the best baseball game ever made.

For NBA Jam?

From Wikipedia, the only site I could think of that had different sites reviews of it:

The only difference between the Wii and X360/PS3 version is XBox/PS3 have online, and no motion control.

Here's Game Rankings.coms critic rating for PS3 On Fire Edition, which has the ratings from multiple different sources. It's an 8.3. For 15 bucks you get NBA Jam with 2011 rosters. And oh yeah, On Fire edition has Sad Pandas, Zombies, and Ninjas in addition to legit NBA rosters and legends.

NBA Jam Wii was a great game. The 360/PS3 games only problems were the graphics (they ported the Wii version). On Fire fixes all those problems. And it's only 15 bucks.
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/080/080204.html

A 7.5 out of 10 on IGN. Usually games that aren't an 8.5 or above aren't worth my time. I wasn't aware there was a second edition though.

Yeah, I remember it now. Twas fun.
Extremely.

Yeah, that's understandable. For me, Zelda is #1, with WWE being a close #2, and no real #3 I can think of.
Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, Minecraft, Uncharted 2...lots of games on the list.

By the way, did you love NBA 2K11 last year? They improved on it this year.
Awesome game last year. I know this year is better, but last year's will suit me for a couple of years.

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/080/080204.html

A 7.5 out of 10 on IGN. Usually games that aren't an 8.5 or above aren't worth my time. I wasn't aware there was a second edition though.
Yeah, and the first edition would be more worth it now. The main problem with the first one was the price point of $50 bucks, which undoubtedly is down to something like 10 or 20 used.

The new version is as I said a $15 download with updated everything (rosters, game modes, features, etc.) read up on it. It got an 9.0 on IGN.

Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, Minecraft, Uncharted 2...lots of games on the list.
See, I'm not getting any of those games. I'm not at all into Elder Scrolls, I've never really gotten into Assassins Creed, nor Minecraft. I'm especially not getting Uncharted, as I don't have a PS3. If I did, I'd likely get Uncharted 2 to catch up on the series.

Awesome game last year. I know this year is better, but last year's will suit me for a couple of years.
I never bought last years (My brother bought it and I borrowed it from him for like 3 months). I may get this years eventually, since it has legends (the Jordan classic matches are now all different legends dating back to the 50's and 60's, which sounds amazing) and a better My Player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back