Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Announced for 11/2!

Saints Row? Nah dude, not even close. I mean, those are good games, but they're clear and obvious caricatures of the Grand Theft Auto series. Why fuck with New Coke when original Coke tastes better and is the original? Same premise.
If anything Saints Row is trying to be what GTA used to be..silly and fun. I started playing GTA with GTA 3 and even played a few before that, GTA isn't as fun as it used to be. Vice City and SA were campy and fun, tons of side stuff to do and didn't take itself to serious and hilarious cheats, GTA 4 was too serious and metallic, SR 2 was closer to what Vice City was. Saints Row the third looks to be just a silly and light hearted as the other 3 with some cool weapons. Come on, beating people with a gigantic *****? :lmao: Sucking people up in a cannon and shooting them miles..SR doesn't take itself seriously, GTA 4 did when the previous 2 didn't.

With regard to the hanging out with friends side missions in GTA IV - I barely ever did any of these, except when I actually felt like it. If someone called me and I was busy, I said no, fuck you. I hung out with Kate (I think her name was Kate, the Irish girl) a lot and got wasted because the drunk scenes with her and Niko are hilarious, and hung out with the rest of the dudes if I felt like playing the minigame that they would have engaged in. Never had to "grind" these things or do anything like that - I never felt like they were anything more than an entertaining side engagement when I felt like doing them.

Vis a vis Sly's comments about shooting people, I do get your point, and if you find shooting people in COD more entertaining than shooting people in GTA more entertaining, there's nothing wrong with that. I would look at it the opposite way - shooting people in COD takes skill, while shooting up the city in GTA isn't particularly difficult at all. It can be all kinds of entertaining (to me) to rack up six stars and have a massive shootout with the police before just reloading the save so I don't lose my guns. But hey, you might not be into that. This is totally subjective territory here.

What I found with GTA games is the most enjoyable part of the game is getting in gunfights and shooting people.

For that $60 I can play Call of Duty and shoot people all day long. Why should I have to shoot people, and then spend the next 5-10 minutes trying to get away from police, when I can spend that time shooting people?
What I liked about GTA vice city was the great humor, soundtrack, in game commercials and talk radio combined with tons of side stuff and hilarious cheats. I found fun in causing a panic and seeing how high I can get my media attention level, I believe i got it to international incident. And yes, I did like chopping peoples heads off with Katana blades and having the blood squirt out of their necks.

Your mad that the game is intuitive and challenges you? Wow, how cruel of them.

See, this mentality, along with the idea that everyone must want to play their games online, pisses me off. That's not a shot at you, but rather game makers.

When I play a video game, I don't want a challenge. I want to have fun. There's a difference between a light difficulty and a challenge. When I have to replay a quest in a game multiple times, that is not fun for me. When I can't change how many minutes a quarter is in NCAA Football 12 because it would mess up the online leaderboards, that is ridiculous to me.

That's one of the biggest reasons I'm looking forward to Skyrim so much. The game can be as simple as I want or as complex as I wish to make it. It can be as easy as I want, or as hard as I want. And I'm paying $60 for a game, not an online experience with a bunch of teenagers who camp outside the game store for a midnight release, just so they can be level 457 in the next 7 hours. Which, by the way, accurately describes my brother.

I miss the days when you played a video game as a relaxation, when your hardest decision was whether you shoot the guy in front of you first or shoot the guy behind you first (ahh, Contra, you were the greatest).

Now, if someone will please hand me my cane, I wish to climb down from my soapbox.

I assure you the fact I can beat Call of Duty definitely suggests shooting people in COD takes very little skill.

I wasn't clear - I meant online multiplayer. The single player is a breeze, I agree. Online is a whole nother animal.

See, this mentality, along with the idea that everyone must want to play their games online, pisses me off. That's not a shot at you, but rather game makers.

When I play a video game, I don't want a challenge. I want to have fun.

Then don't buy games that you don't think are "fun". Simple shit here. Again, you guys are basically complaining that a game is complex and challenging, because you don't want complex and challenging, you want dumb mindless fun. Okay, cool, buy a dumb mindless fun game. No one is forcing you to buy or play these games guys.

Your argument confuses me. You don't like a complex and challenging game. Okay, that's fine. Some of us do. Some of us would rather have a challenging game as opposed to an easy and "fun" one because it's much more rewarding when you beat a challenging game than it is when you beat some easy, mindless "fun" game. If you don't want to invest that time to get that reward that is perfectly fine, don't buy the games or play them, play platformers and other games that you can just pick up, have fun with playing, drop, and go about your day. No need to try and criticize the games that strive to artistically be more than that though just because you don't want to be intellectually stimulated. It's not Rockstar's fault that you don't like intellectual stimulation with your video games some times, that's your own problem. GTAIV was fan-fucking-tastic and while I can't say definitively if I think it's better than earlier entries in the franchise because I haven't completed the story mode in that game, I can say that from what I've read about the story mode, seen about it, and heard about it, that it sounds fantastic to me. It's like an interactive gritty graphic crime novel or something. If that's not your thing, that's cool. But to argue that games that utilize a "less is more" philosophy are somehow objectively superior to more complex games is an incredibly flawed argument I think.

Then don't buy games that you don't think are "fun". Simple shit here.
Right...how do you propose I know whether I think a game is fun if I don't buy it? And don't even suggest renting it, because game rentals are the biggest waste of money ever.

Again, you guys are basically complaining that a game is complex and challenging, because you don't want complex and challenging, you want dumb mindless fun. Okay, cool, buy a dumb mindless fun game. No one is forcing you to buy or play these games guys.
I don't buy them. I bought GTA 4, and promptly traded it in for Call of Duty. I won't buy GTA 5, unless something drastic happens to make me change my mind. I didn't buy LA Noire, either. If I could do it over, I'd have waited until Red Dead Redemption dropped in price and then would have bought it used.

Your argument confuses me. You don't like a complex and challenging game. Okay, that's fine. Some of us do. Some of us would rather have a challenging game as opposed to an easy and "fun" one because it's much more rewarding when you beat a challenging game than it is when you beat some easy, mindless "fun" game.
I beg to differ.

The reward is like winning the lottery. You choose to take your reward in one lump sum, where beating the game provides you with a windfall of enjoyment. I prefer taking my lottery winnings in monthly payments, where I'm able to enjoy the game the entire way through, though I do lose the moment or two of intense euphoria at the end.

Your reward is in the winning, mine is in the playing. I don't begrudge the games you like, I'm telling you why I can't stand them.

No need to try and criticize the games that strive to artistically be more than that though just because you don't want to be intellectually stimulated.
I didn't criticize any game for its attempt at being art. I would also argue the upcoming Skyrim looks to be one of, if not the, most visually pleasing games ever released on a console. I would sometimes spend several minutes in Oblivion, standing on a high mountain, gazing down at the waterfall in front of me, set against the backdrop of a starry night. Oblivion was gorgeous and the visual effects elicited emotions from me then, so I can only imagine why Skyrim will do.

A challenging game does not equal intellectually stimulating. I can play Call of Duty online, kill 3 people and die 15 times, but not once does that stimulate my mind.

It's not Rockstar's fault that you don't like intellectual stimulation with your video games some times, that's your own problem.
No, it's definitely not a problem, and if it is, it isn't my problem. It's their problem, as I will not spend money on a game they want me to spend money on. And from what I've read in this thread, many others in this thread likely will not either. I hold no illusions the one copy I don't buy will be heard over the millions of copies they'll sell in the first week, I'm just pointing out it's not a problem, and if it is, it's not my problem.

But to argue that games that utilize a "less is more" philosophy are somehow objectively superior to more complex games is an incredibly flawed argument I think.
I never once did so. I'm lamenting the fact very few games DON'T provide the less is more philosophy. I understand game makers target their games to those who choose to spend their lives in front of a TV, and games like Call of Duty and GTA sell very well. My problem is when I want to play a game, I cannot drop $60 on it, without being restricted by those online and "challenging" elements of a game.

I will leave you with this final thought. For all the "artistic" ideas for video games, for all the challenging modes people look for...a game with crappy graphics and an extremely simple concept on a dying medium for gaming has sold more than 3 million copies before even being released as a stable version. This game is called Minecraft, and it is unbelievably enjoyable and remarkably easy (if you so wish).

Those are the games I want. That's why Skyrim and Minecraft will get my money on November 11th, and Rockstar Games is unlikely to ever get my money again.

Who gives a shit about GTA V? The last one looked great but was repetitive and tried to pass itself off as a serious affair although it was even less credible than the Saints Row franchise.

On the plus side, I hope they announce a GTA V release date soon. Hopefully this will cause other developers to push their games back and work on making them better.

Do you constantly have to try and antagonize? It's annoying as shit. It doesn't help that your opinions, or what you claim are your opinions, are always ******ed.

And apparently the millions of people who play the GTA series and love it give a shit about this new game.

Right...how do you propose I know whether I think a game is fun if I don't buy it? And don't even suggest renting it, because game rentals are the biggest waste of money ever.

Research. Any smart consumer does research before buying a product.

I beg to differ.

The reward is like winning the lottery. You choose to take your reward in one lump sum, where beating the game provides you with a windfall of enjoyment. I prefer taking my lottery winnings in monthly payments, where I'm able to enjoy the game the entire way through, though I do lose the moment or two of intense euphoria at the end.

Your reward is in the winning, mine is in the playing. I don't begrudge the games you like, I'm telling you why I can't stand them.

I don't think you're getting my point here. The reward for a "gamer like me" is NOT the mere winning, it's the journey, the "playing" as you claim. And I find it hard to believe you're really arguing against the idea of character and plot development as bad things. You can call them boring if you'd like, I'd call it "making me give a fuck about this game and it's characters". I mean, I love a good platformer, I'm content to sit down and play some old school Mario any time, but do I actually give a shit at all if Mario is killed in the course of my gameplay? Nope. Now, ask me that same question about a game like Dues Ex or some of the GTA games, and I'd say yes. It's really the same basic theory that's used in pro wrestling actually, the more complex and intricate storytelling that makes you actually emotionally invest into the story and characters is the better.

I mean, the games you describe have their merits too. Sometimes I don't want to care about a game I'm playing or the characters in it, and I'll play something as incredibly pedestrian and simplistic as tetris instead. But you won't hear me arguing that tetris is the better game, even if I were to have more actual superficial "fun" playing it than the other game, because video games to me are an art medium and as such I look for, shocking I know, artistry. Which certainly lends it's hand to complexity more often than it does simplicity.

Both times of games have their merits. I don't think one is a fundamentally better genre of gaming than the other, but I do think the complex game that makes you think is better than the one that doesn't most times simply because it requires intellectual stimulation, which puts more value to the time put into playing that game and ultimately makes it a more rewarding experience in my opinion. Fostering stimulation of the brain > having mindless fun (e.g. laughing as you shoot ducks in Duck Hunt, etc) in my humble opinion. The best art makes you think. Deuce Bigalow is probably a more "fun" film to watch as opposed to a Fellini or Truffaut film, but does that make it the better film? No.

A challenging game does not equal intellectually stimulating. I can play Call of Duty online, kill 3 people and die 15 times, but not once does that stimulate my mind.

Ah, yes, it does. Because each time you fail in that goal, your brain is coming up with new ways to play the game in order to achieve said goal. Literally by definition that is stimulating brain and cognitive thought activity.

No, it's definitely not a problem, and if it is, it isn't my problem. It's their problem, as I will not spend money on a game they want me to spend money on. And from what I've read in this thread, many others in this thread likely will not either. I hold no illusions the one copy I don't buy will be heard over the millions of copies they'll sell in the first week, I'm just pointing out it's not a problem, and if it is, it's not my problem.

I don't think Rockstar has anything to worry about in terms of their product not selling well. That franchise is HUGE in terms of revenue dude.

I never once did so. I'm lamenting the fact very few games DON'T provide the less is more philosophy. I understand game makers target their games to those who choose to spend their lives in front of a TV, and games like Call of Duty and GTA sell very well. My problem is when I want to play a game, I cannot drop $60 on it, without being restricted by those online and "challenging" elements of a game.

And I recognize your lamenting, and I'm telling you simply that what the creators are trying to do is give you the most value for your $60. Sorry, once I've played something as simple as Duck Hunt or Mario a few hundred times, I'm good with that game for the next few years. But a game as complex and intricate as GTA? Shit, It'll take me a few years just to literally complete all of the missions, side-missions and side-games offered to complete the game 100%. That sounds like a more valuable game to me than one where you just play through a short story mode once and that's it, game over, you've got to start again or turn it off.

Can't hate them for wanting to make their games more re-playable and valuable.

I will leave you with this final thought. For all the "artistic" ideas for video games, for all the challenging modes people look for...a game with crappy graphics and an extremely simple concept on a dying medium for gaming has sold more than 3 million copies before even being released as a stable version. This game is called Minecraft, and it is unbelievably enjoyable and remarkably easy (if you so wish).

Those are the games I want. That's why Skyrim and Minecraft will get my money on November 11th, and Rockstar Games is unlikely to ever get my money again.

Okay. You stick to Minecraft. Have fun. Just understand millions upon millions of gamers disagree with that thought process and that video game creators will continue to create games to appeal to those millions instead of the much smaller demographic you represent. 3 million copies sold? Cool, GTAIV literally did more than that on it's first day released. So I hope this helps you to understand why game creators and companies are creating more complex games to appeal to that market in a seemingly disproportionate number compared to the amount of "simple" games you're advocating for.

Research. Any smart consumer does research before buying a product.
And the research I did on GTA 4 told me it was a great game. A perfect game, if I'm not mistaken, according to IGN.

No, research all you want, there are just some things you don't find out until you play.

I don't think you're getting my point here. The reward for a "gamer like me" is NOT the mere winning, it's the journey, the "playing" as you claim. And I find it hard to believe you're really arguing against the idea of character and plot development as bad things. You can call them boring if you'd like, I'd call it "making me give a fuck about this game and it's characters". I mean, I love a good platformer, I'm content to sit down and play some old school Mario any time, but do I actually give a shit at all if Mario is killed in the course of my gameplay? Nope. Now, ask me that same question about a game like Dues Ex or some of the GTA games, and I'd say yes. It's really the same basic theory that's used in pro wrestling actually, the more complex and intricate storytelling that makes you actually emotionally invest into the story and characters is the better.

I mean, the games you describe have their merits too. Sometimes I don't want to care about a game I'm playing or the characters in it, and I'll play something as incredibly pedestrian and simplistic as tetris instead. But you won't hear me arguing that tetris is the better game, even if I were to have more actual superficial "fun" playing it than the other game, because video games to me are an art medium and as such I look for, shocking I know, artistry. Which certainly lends it's hand to complexity more often than it does simplicity.

Both times of games have their merits. I don't think one is a fundamentally better genre of gaming than the other, but I do think the complex game that makes you think is better than the one that doesn't most times simply because it requires intellectual stimulation, which puts more value to the time put into playing that game and ultimately makes it a more rewarding experience in my opinion. Fostering stimulation of the brain > having mindless fun (e.g. laughing as you shoot ducks in Duck Hunt, etc) in my humble opinion. The best art makes you think. Deuce Bigalow is probably a more "fun" film to watch as opposed to a Fellini or Truffaut film, but does that make it the better film? No.
And I don't think you understand the point I'M making here.

When I play a game, I don't do it because I want to be emotionally invested, to spend hours replaying the same quest, to have my game experience limited by online play. When I play a game it is specifically because I DON'T want to have to work at it, I want to play.

I spend all day working with my mind. Video games used to be (and I wish still were) relaxation from, not a substitute for, a real life.

That's the point I'm making, and have tried to make all along. I don't mind you would rather spend hours with every nuance of an "artistic" game, I'm telling you I want to play something that I can shut my brain off for. You know, like video games used to be.

Ah, yes, it does. Because each time you fail in that goal, your brain is coming up with new ways to play the game in order to achieve said goal. Literally by definition that is stimulating brain and cognitive thought activity.
And every time you miss a duck and the little dog comes up with his sad face, you think of a better way to aim your gun to hit the duck.

Using that theory, all games are cognitively challenging. Of course, I don't think either of us buys my explanation for Duck Hunt being a cognitively challenging game, so you'll understand why I don't buy your example of Call of Duty being cognitively challenging.

I do wish to point out my problem with Call of Duty is with the focus towards online play, not the in-depth challenging nature of it.

I don't think Rockstar has anything to worry about in terms of their product not selling well. That franchise is HUGE in terms of revenue dude.
No doubt. Like I said, I know my not purchasing a game will mean nothing to them. My point was it's not a problem for me.

And I recognize your lamenting, and I'm telling you simply that what the creators are trying to do is give you the most value for your $60.
No, they're not trying to give ME the most value for my $60, they're trying to give the most value for the dedicated gamers, the teenagers who will spend hours at a time for weeks on end leveling up in Call of Duty online.

My lament is that so many game makers AREN'T giving me my full value. When I can't play 9 minute quarters in Road to Glory in NCAA Football 12, because it would screw up their online leaderboards, that's not maximizing the value of the game for me. That's what I'm lamenting.

Sorry, once I've played something as simple as Duck Hunt or Mario a few hundred times, I'm good with that game for the next few years. But a game as complex and intricate as GTA? Shit, It'll take me a few years just to literally complete all of the missions, side-missions and side-games offered to complete the game 100%.
Ironically enough, I've played the NES version of Mario more times in the last three months than I ever did playing GTA 4.

Complexity does not equal quality. Complex quality does not always equal entertainment. For you? Yes, it does, though clearly not enough to actually purchase/finish the game. For me? No, it does not.

I want a game where I choose how complex the game is, where I don't have to work to play a game. I want the mindless video game, the enjoyment of being, if only in virtual world, a superhero who doesn't have to think about how if I drive too fast to my next quest start point, I'll have to spend the next 5 minutes ditching the cops.

That sounds like a more valuable game to me than one where you just play through a short story mode once and that's it, game over, you've got to start again or turn it off.

Can't hate them for wanting to make their games more re-playable and valuable.
Actually, I agree with you, as that's the point I'm making with the online games.

What incentive do I have to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, if I'm not an online gamer? The answer? None. A short 8-10 hour (if that) story mode, and that's it. I already have Modern Warfare 1 and 2, why bother with three?

Since I'm not an online gamer, I AM being shortchanged on the value of my game, hence my frustration. Which also explains my anticipation of both Skyrim and Minecraft, two games not limited in single player mode.

Okay. You stick to Minecraft. Have fun. Just understand millions upon millions of gamers disagree with that thought process and that video game creators will continue to create games to appeal to those millions instead of the much smaller demographic you represent. 3 million copies sold? Cool, GTAIV literally did more than that on it's first day released.
I don't think you fully recognize the significance of my statement.

Minecraft is not even a finished product. It's still a beta project, and everyone who purchases it KNOWS it's a beta project. Furthermore, due to piracy concerns, gaming on the PC is a dying medium. Even World of Warcraft is losing subscribers. For a game with no hype behind it other than word of mouth, without a name production company behind it, with no advertising and on a gaming medium that is on it's last legs, the fact Minecraft has sold roughly 40% the number of games GTA has (not including the people who also pirate Minecraft), Minecraft is obviously an example of the fact people DO enjoy the simple things still.

But since we're comparing numbers, the incredibly simple game Angry Birds has been downloaded/played by over 350 million devices. I read roughly an average of 40 million people play it each month. Rovio is looking to go public, and the CEO estimates his company's speculated worth of $1.2 billion is low. Kind of puts that roughly 8.3 million copies sold of GTA 4 in perspective, does it not?

Obviously, the simple games are a little more popular than you wish to make them appear.

So I hope this helps you to understand why game creators and companies are creating more complex games to appeal to that market in a seemingly disproportionate number compared to the amount of "simple" games you're advocating for.
No, I understand completely why those games are being made. I don't question the big moneymakers they are.

I'm telling you why it pisses me off, as it basically chases video gamers like me away from the entertainment medium. I'm also pointing out games like I look for can do very well commercially. But the fact is they seem to be getting fewer and farther between, in favor of games which REQUIRE (not allow) too much time to be spent on quests, or games where the bulk of your money goes towards online services.

Again, I understand it, I'm just saying why it pisses me off.

I understand Sly's point here. I think there are still a number of games out there that can satisfy you. What devices have you got available to play on?

I understand Sly's point here. I think there are still a number of games out there that can satisfy you. What devices have you got available to play on?

There are, for now, but I see where the gaming industry has gone in the last five years, and worry where it will be in the next 5. That's why I was so relieved to see Skyrim DOESN'T have online multiplayer, because now I know when I buy it, I'll be getting my full money's worth from the game.

But when I buy NCAA Football 12, and I can't even change the quarter length in Road to Glory because it messes up the online leaderboards, that's just bullshit.

But to answer your question, I have a kickass PC, PS3, iPhone and a Nook Color flashed with CM7. I also have a Wii, but I don't think that counts anymore, except maybe to Lee. So, basically, except for Xbox, I have whatever system you want to discuss.

There are, for now, but I see where the gaming industry has gone in the last five years, and worry where it will be in the next 5. That's why I was so relieved to see Skyrim DOESN'T have online multiplayer, because now I know when I buy it, I'll be getting my full money's worth from the game.

But when I buy NCAA Football 12, and I can't even change the quarter length in Road to Glory because it messes up the online leaderboards, that's just bullshit.

But to answer your question, I have a kickass PC, PS3, iPhone and a Nook Color flashed with CM7. I also have a Wii, but I don't think that counts anymore, except maybe to Lee. So, basically, except for Xbox, I have whatever system you want to discuss.

What do you think of Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank? They seem like the kind of game you're getting at.

What are you getting Skyrim on?

Have you tried Shatter in the PSN?

I haven't had a functioning system in more than a year and I'm fine with that. I'm not too keen on modern gaming. In short, they seem to be going for more cinematics and a real-to-life feel which is great on occasion and all but...they just lack character. They lack a certain charm. Makes me feel old, despite being right in the middle of the gamer demographic. It seems like gaming skill has really been watered down when half of the damn games are just push button X for choice A type deals with limited real time action. As long as GTAV doesn't continue this trend too much I'll check it out eventually.

What do you think of Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank? They seem like the kind of game you're getting at.

What are you getting Skyrim on?

Have you tried Shatter in the PSN?

I liked the first Uncharted, haven't played the second. I'm waiting for the third Uncharted to come out, so I can pick up the second one at a reduced price.

Skyrim will be on PS3.

No.

Is that true? I'm in year 2 or 3 of my Road To Glory, and I didn't even realize that. wow, that's bullshit, they should just allow you to opt out of online leaderboads by changing the quarter length.

By the way, you sound like a gamer that enjoys unrealistic sports games. NFL Blitz is coming back in January. Buy that, it's a 15 dollar X-Box Live/PSN game.

So you like single player games. You also like games that aren't so online-centric. Wii is the BEST system for that, you know.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword comes out next month, and is exactly what you're looking for, an immersive single player game that's awesome. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are exactly what you're looking for. New Super Mario Bros Wii is a great game that can be played single player OR Multiplayer. I can go on and on, but I won't.

Is that true? I'm in year 2 or 3 of my Road To Glory, and I didn't even realize that. wow, that's bullshit, they should just allow you to opt out of online leaderboads by changing the quarter length.
If there's a way, I haven't figured it out, either through settings or Google research. I know in Dynasty they say if you change things it opts you out of online, but not RTG. Sucks big time when you're someone like a WR, or even worse, a cornerback.

By the way, you sound like a gamer that enjoys unrealistic sports games. NFL Blitz is coming back in January. Buy that, it's a 15 dollar X-Box Live/PSN game.
I was never really a Blitz fan when it first came out years ago. If someone would remake Little League Baseball, I'd pay great money for that. And I mean the original Little League Baseball, not the crappy game they put out on the Wii a couple years ago.

So you like single player games. You also like games that aren't so online-centric. Wii is the BEST system for that, you know.
Except Wiis suck. Poor graphics, hate the controller, limited disc space, and the whole thing feels fragile.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword comes out next month, and is exactly what you're looking for, an immersive single player game that's awesome.
Perhaps...I've never been able to get into Zelda games. If this game can really make good use of the controllers, I might dust off the Wii and take it for a spin.

Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are exactly what you're looking for. New Super Mario Bros Wii is a great game that can be played single player OR Multiplayer. I can go on and on, but I won't.
Super Mario Galaxy gave me headaches. Don't know why, but I couldn't stand the point of view. Thus, I never purchased 2.

If there's a way, I haven't figured it out, either through settings or Google research. I know in Dynasty they say if you change things it opts you out of online, but not RTG. Sucks big time when you're someone like a WR, or even worse, a cornerback.
As a QB, I just stuck with what they had. I play as a QB because I found that playing as any other position sucked ass (half of the time as running backs I'd be blocking, and they never threw to me as a receiver, and playing coverage is annoying). I will check into it tomorrow though. I want to dust off my RTG so that I may start a Be a Pro in Madden with my RTG guy.

I was never really a Blitz fan when it first came out years ago. If someone would remake Little League Baseball, I'd pay great money for that. And I mean the original Little League Baseball, not the crappy game they put out on the Wii a couple years ago.
The SNES Little League Baseball was the shit. Loved that game. It was like an unlicensed sequel to RBI Baseball (similar gameplay and even graphics).

I loved Blitz, just like I loved NBA Jam. They're fun sports titles, but ultra unrealistic. If you didn't like the original, then you may not be as fond of the new though.

Except Wiis suck. Poor graphics, hate the controller, limited disc space, and the whole thing feels fragile.
Ahhh, yeah, disagree about the fragile thing. The system is sturdy as hell, and the controllers too. The controller took a while getting used to though, I'll admit. Graphics is difficult to say, because some of the games look incredible (Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 come to mind). Some look only OK, but I'd still take Mario Galaxy over some of the PS3/360 games.

Perhaps...I've never been able to get into Zelda games. If this game can really make good use of the controllers, I might dust off the Wii and take it for a spin.
Seriously I'd consider trying it. Everything about it makes it sound awesome. It has similarities but also differences from the other Zeldas. And the controls look amazing (1:1 swordplay).

Super Mario Galaxy gave me headaches. Don't know why, but I couldn't stand the point of view. Thus, I never purchased 2.
That's really weird. I never heard of people having problems like that. Valid reason for not trying it I guess. Although both were easy Game of the year Candidates, and ironically seem like games that you'd be interested in.

If you had a Gamefly account, I'd recommend getting Zelda with it to try the game without spending tons for it.

As a QB, I just stuck with what they had. I play as a QB because I found that playing as any other position sucked ass (half of the time as running backs I'd be blocking, and they never threw to me as a receiver, and playing coverage is annoying). I will check into it tomorrow though. I want to dust off my RTG so that I may start a Be a Pro in Madden with my RTG guy.
Agreed. RB and LB is not bad, but anything else other than QB is just awful, especially considering the camera view.

The SNES Little League Baseball was the shit. Loved that game. It was like an unlicensed sequel to RBI Baseball (similar gameplay and even graphics).
I'm talking about the far superior NES version. I say "far superior" having never played the SNES, but for my money, there's never been a baseball game as good as the NES version.

I loved Blitz, just like I loved NBA Jam. They're fun sports titles, but ultra unrealistic. If you didn't like the original, then you may not be as fond of the new though.
I loved NBA Jam back in the day. And Arch Rivals? Hella fun.

Just never really a Blitz fan. There was a hockey version of Blitz on the original Playstation, called Rock the Rink, and that game was great fun also.

Ahhh, yeah, disagree about the fragile thing. The system is sturdy as hell, and the controllers too.
Not the hardware, but the software. Just feels so flimsy.

Seriously I'd consider trying it. Everything about it makes it sound awesome. It has similarities but also differences from the other Zeldas. And the controls look amazing (1:1 swordplay).
1:1 swordplay sounds great if it can be executed well, and I'll keep an eye on the title. Is it a 2011 release?

That's really weird. I never heard of people having problems like that. Valid reason for not trying it I guess. Although both were easy Game of the year Candidates, and ironically seem like games that you'd be interested in.
Never really liked Mario Galaxy, even if the headaches weren't a problem. I do enjoy the regular Mario games from the NES days though.

I'm talking about the far superior NES version. I say "far superior" having never played the SNES, but for my money, there's never been a baseball game as good as the NES version.
I don't recall the NES one, just the SNES one. The SNES one is probably just a prettier version of the NES one though.

I loved NBA Jam back in the day. And Arch Rivals? Hella fun.
Have you played the new NBA Jam games? The On Fire edition is a PSN/XBL Arcade title (15 bucks) and has rosters updated as recently as after the season I think (all that matters for me is Melo is on the Knicks). I vaguely remember Arch Rivals.

Just never really a Blitz fan. There was a hockey version of Blitz on the original Playstation, called Rock the Rink, and that game was great fun also.
I don't remember Rock the Rink. Midway did make a hockey Blitz-like game called NHL Hitz though. I remember loving that too.

1:1 swordplay sounds great if it can be executed well, and I'll keep an eye on the title. Is it a 2011 release?
November 20.

Never really liked Mario Galaxy, even if the headaches weren't a problem. I do enjoy the regular Mario games from the NES days though.
New Super Mario Bros Wii is a throwback 2D Mario game (that is up to 4 players). 8 worlds, mushrooms, fire-flowers, getting hit makes you little, etc. You'd probably love that. If you were a Kirby fan you'd probably enjoy Kirby Return to Dreamland too.

With all the Wii talk, I forgot to talk about GTA V. I'll be interested in it, but I doubt I'll buy it the day it comes out. I'll get it when the price goes down, or just borrow it from my brother when he's done with it. IF it's on Wii U however, I'll likely buy it right away.

I don't recall the NES one, just the SNES one. The SNES one is probably just a prettier version of the NES one though.
[YOUTUBE]eyqwEhESGPM[/YOUTUBE]

Have you played the new NBA Jam games? The On Fire edition is a PSN/XBL Arcade title (15 bucks) and has rosters updated as recently as after the season I think (all that matters for me is Melo is on the Knicks). I vaguely remember Arch Rivals.
I read reviews and very few of them gave high praise, if I remember.

Arch Rivals was great. It was the game where you went around punching people, tried not to trip over things on the court, etc.

I don't remember Rock the Rink. Midway did make a hockey Blitz-like game called NHL Hitz though. I remember loving that too.
Never played Hitz. Rock the Rink was great though. The commentary on that game was some of the best ever. The one-liners were hilarious.

[YOUTUBE]9gO7GbwszDU[/YOUTUBE]

Start about 1:25. They also had real NHL teams too, in addition to the fake ones you see.

November 20.
Well, then it's going to have to wait a while, as I'll be tapped out by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back